A Soul For A Soul; Part One (Percy Jackson/MCU Crossover FanFiction)

Submitted into Contest #89 in response to: Start your story with a character taking a leap of faith.... view prompt

65 comments

Adventure Fantasy Sad

β€œNico. You don’t want to do this.”

Percy Jackson starred up into the hard eyes of Nico diAngelo.Β 

β€œBut Percy, I do want to do this.” Nico said, but there was a little break in his poker face.

Do it, sire! Minos urged. Get it over with!

Annabeth lept towards Nico. She didn’t want to hurt him, but if it meant saving Percy, she would.

Just as she was about to reach him, skeletons came up out of the ground and surrounded Percy and Nico. Annabeth was thrown away as a skeleton blocked her path.

The room in the Labyrinth was narrow, so she couldn’t sneak that way. Tyson and Grover were still looking for Pan.Β 

She was in pain. Physically and mentally. Luke had the string. Luke was just as bad as Percy thought he was.

β€œPlease, Nico.” Annabeth looked at him. β€œPlease.”

Nico looked like he wanted to not do this, and sheath his sword, but then his face hardened. β€œNo. I will have my sister back, if this is what it takes.”

β€œNico! Stop!” Percy said, attempting to draw his sword, but it hadn’t reappeared after Nico disarmed him.

Nico brought his blade down.

β€œNo!” Annabeth shouted.

It is done. The ghost cackled. It is done!

Nico showed no emotion. β€œNow, Minos, what must I do to get my sister back?”

Nothing, sire. He said. Because you are not getting your sister back. You and I are taking this young man to Vormir. He is not dead yet, so we will sacrifice his soul for the Soul Stone!

Percy groaned.Β 

β€œYou tricked me?!” Nico shouted at the ghost. β€œWhy would I want to help you after you tricked me?!”

Because, Minos said. I am giving you no other option.

And they disappeared in a flash of black light.

βš”οΈβš”οΈβš”οΈβš”οΈβš”οΈ

Annabeth wandered through the maze. She was tired. She was heartbroken. She felt like giving up.

Percy was dead.

Had she imagined that maybe after the war...they could be together?

Yes.

But now...he was gone.

She was dehydrated from crying. Finally, she heard noises.

Swords clashing.

She looked around for the mark of Daedalus, finding it. She pressed it and found herself in the middle of a capture the flag at camp.

Everything stopped once they saw her. Both teams put down their weapons.

β€œAnnabeth?” Travis Stoll asked.

She looked at him, and then broke down into ugly, uncontrollable sobbing.

Chiron came forward. β€œMy dear, let's get you to the Big House.

Annabeth told him everything between sobs.Β 

Chiron looked troubled. β€œI do not know what this means of the prophecy. We suspected Percy...what other demigod could it be?”

β€œNico diAngelo. Son of Hades.” Annabeth said.

βš”οΈβš”οΈβš”οΈβš”οΈβš”οΈ

It was only Annabeth’s second night back at camp, and she wanted to leave.

She felt Percy’s absence everywhere. The arena, volleyball pits, the beach…

Heck, she even missed how he annoyed her.

Finally, she decided to make a plan. Find Nico, find out what a Soul Stone was, and find out if Percy’s spirit had made it to Elysium.

Her third night back at Camp Half Blood, she left.Β 

She didn’t know where in Tartarus Vormir was, so she decided to start in New York. Maybe someone around Olympus would have some answers.

In the middle of the night, she snuck out. She took the Long Island Railroad into the city, getting there around six in the morning.

Once Annabeth had been walking around the city for a while, she saw two men, one wearing a cape, having a quick, intense discussion.

She followed them.

The guy with the cape opened what looked like a portal, and they stepped through it. Annabeth jumped through at the very last second.Β 

She pulled out her invisibility cap and put it on, so she could listen to them.

β€œ-Stone. They should be in New York soon, to take the Time Stone from me.”

Stones. Annabeth tensed. Maybe they knew something about the Soul Stone, and where Nico may be.

The guy with the cape tensed suddenly. β€œWe’re not alone, Wong.”

He turned towards Annabeth. But that was impossible. No one was supposed to see her while she had her hat on.

β€œWho is it, Strange?”

Annabeth almost snorted. Strange? That was the weirdest name she’d ever heard.

β€œThere.” He pointed at her, and she felt herself become visible.

β€œWhat the…” Annabeth said, taking off her cap.

The two men spun their hands, and golden shields appeared in front of them.Β 

β€œWho are you?” The one called Strange said.

Annabeth shoved her cap in her pocket and put her hands up. β€œAnnabeth Chase. I heard you guys talking about Stones? Who are you guys?”

Wong and Strange looked at each other. Then they brought down their shields.

β€œMy name is Dr. Steven Strange. I’m the Sorcerer Supreme of Earth.”

β€œSorcerer?”

β€œThat hat is magic. How did you get it?” Dr. Strange asked.

β€œMy mother gave it to me. For my twelfth birthday. But I’m fourteen now.”

β€œWho is your mother?”

Annabeth pondered telling them for a minute, but then decided they seemed safe.

β€œAthena. Goddess of wisdom and battle strategy.”

β€œA Greek demigod?” Strange looked surprised, but then the emotion disappeared. β€œI heard that there were some of you around New York, but I never ran into any of you. What interest do you have with the Infinity Stones?”

β€œMy friend…” Her voice cracked at the mention of Percy. β€œHe...died. But before he died, someone said something about...how he was still alive? And that they had to bring him to Vormir for a sacrifice. A soul for a Soul. Something about a Soul Stone?”

β€œOh, no.” Strange looked at Wong. β€œWong, find Tony. And Cap. We’ll need all of them. They’re more powerful than we thought.”

β€œWhat?” Annabeth said. β€œWho’s more powerful?”

Strange looked at her. β€œThanos. The Mad Titan.”

βš”οΈβš”οΈβš”οΈβš”οΈβš”οΈ

Annabeth turned that sentence over and over in her head. Mad Titan.

She hoped the Mad Titan had no connection to the Titans of Greek Mythology. She would be in real trouble then.

Soon, a guy with a goatee arrived. Annabeth could tell he was rich, he just gave off Look at me, I’m the best vibes.

She disliked him instantly.

β€œStark, this isn’t a game.” Strange said as he followed Goatee Guy. β€œI believe her.”

β€œA little girl follows you through a portal and you believe her bogus story?”

Bogus? Annabeth was so angry, she drew her knife and tackled the guy Dr. Strange had called Stark.

She placed her dagger against his throat. β€œIt is not bogus. My best friend is dead. Dead. Don’t you tell me I’m lying. Understand?” 

He nodded. She could feel that more people had entered the room, and there were weapons trained on her. She released pressure and stood up.

A redheaded woman, who had never pulled a weapon, smiled and crossed her arms. β€œI like her.”

Annabeth looked at her. β€œWho are you guys?”

She smiled. β€œI’m Nat, and this is Steve, Sam, Wanda, and Vision.”

Annabeth looked at Vision. β€œAre you a robot?”

β€œYes.” Vision said.

β€œWho are you?” Nat asked.

β€œAnnabeth Chase, daughter of Athena.” Annabeth stuck out her hand to shake.

Nat obliged.

β€œSo, Tony.” The guy Nat had called Steve said. β€œWhy did you call us here?”

β€œBecause…” Stark said something no one could hear.

β€œWhat was that?” Nat said with a smirk.

β€œBecause we need you.” Stark said quietly.

β€œOne more time, Tony?” Nat asked.

β€œI need your help!” He said.

β€œThank you.” Nat said.

β€œThe Mad Titans strongest children are on the way here.” Dr. Strange interjected. β€œWe need a plan.”

β€œI agree.” Annabeth said.

β€œWhoa, whoa, the child will not be fighting!” Stark said.

β€œTony, that child just tackled you to the floor and held a knife to your throat.” Steve said. β€œIf she wants to fight, she’ll fight.”

β€œThanks. Also,” Annabeth said. β€œI am not just a child. You haven’t seen half the things I can do.”

β€œOkay, she fights.” Tony said.

βš”οΈβš”οΈβš”οΈβš”οΈβš”οΈ

Annabeth was the first to see the spaceship.

β€œIncoming!” She shouted.

Everyone grabbed their weapons and headed towards where the spaceship was landing.Β 

The doors opened and a tall guy stepped out.

But Annabeth was at a loss for words.

The only things she could think to say were, β€œYou look like a shriveled octopus with no tentacles.”

Curse her impulsiveness! She suddenly wished she had said nothing.

She got a few snorts out of the rest of the heroes.

Unfortunately, the Shriveled Octopus Man heard her.

β€œI am Ebony Maw!” He said. β€œSon of Thanos! And I am here to take that.” He pointed to Dr. Strange’s necklace.

β€œGet lost, Squidward!” Stark said. β€œEarth is closed today.”

While Tony kept up the banter, Annabeth put on her cap and snuck around the alien. She positioned her dagger to drive it through the back of his chest.

As soon as her dagger touched down on his shoulder, an invisible wind blew her backwards. Her cap was knocked off her head and she landed on the sidewalk.

Ebony Maw turned towards her. β€œYou really have to do better than that.”

He looked like he was about to do magic, but then Nat jumped in and slung Annabeth over her shoulder, then used a grappling hook to get out.

β€œWhy…wouldn’t you let me stay?” Annabeth said through a daze. β€œI can fight!”

Nat set her on the ground. β€œGo home for now, Annabeth. We’ll call you if we need you.”

She blinked. β€œYou have my number?”

β€œNo, but we have other ways.”

And she zipped off.

βš”οΈβš”οΈβš”οΈβš”οΈβš”οΈ

One Week Later

Annabeth had found her way to San Francisco. She was at her dad’s house, in her room, working on architectural sketches.Β 

Outside, she heard a car swerve and honk. And then a crash.

She looked outside her window. A car had hit another car head on.

She ran down the stairs to make sure the drivers were okay. β€œDad!” She yelled. β€œSomeone just crashed outside!”

She didn’t hear his response. Then she remembered he was probably up in his study.

Why hadn’t her stepmother said anything?

She ran up to her fathers study and threw open the door. β€œDad!” She said. β€œTwo cars just crashed outside! Come quick!”

But he wasn’t there.

β€œDad?” Annabeth walked around the side of the desk. Dark brown dust lined his chair and the floor.

β€œDad?!” Annabeth bolted out of the room. β€œMom!?”

There was no one there. In the kitchen, there was the same dark brown dust on the floor.

Annabeth ran outside. Cars were crashing everywhere.

She ran up to one of the cars to check if the driver was okay.Β 

There was no one in the driver's seat.

People were coming out of their houses looking scared.

Then, she saw a pedestrian walking towards her. Right in front of her eyes, he crumbled to dust.

She looked around. This couldn’t be real. She had to be dreaming.

But she had the feeling she was wide awake.

End of part one.

April 14, 2021 21:49

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

65 comments

TJ Squared
23:38 Apr 14, 2021

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjkl,mnbvcdrftyuiolkjnbvfdfghjkmnbvfcghjmn bvcxdertyuiolkjhgfdswdtyuikjhgfcd i literally don't know what to say. LiTeRalLy. lkjhgfdsfghjklkjhgfdsdfghjklkjuhygfdsdcfvgbhnjklop one thing tho...from New York to San Francisco in like a week...was there an airplane involved?

Reply

TJ Squared
00:16 Apr 15, 2021

oof sPeEdY

Reply

Speeeeeeeeeeeeeed https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cdn.com%2Fentries%2Ficons%2Ffacebook%2F000%2F028%2F987%2Flightningspeed.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fknowyourmeme.com%2Fmemes%2Fi-am-speed&tbnid=g5OZowWjUz9NrM&vet=12ahUKEwifl_KZ_v7vAhXLn-AKHR41BlMQMygAegUIARC6AQ..i&docid=RWc_KTR1KBBnKM&w=613&h=345&q=i%20am%20speed&authuser=1&safe=active&ved=2ahUKEwifl_KZ_v7vAhXLn-AKHR41BlMQMygAegUIARC6AQ its a long link but ha

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Lilliane Wei
23:51 Apr 19, 2021

Oh my...oh my...just...amazing...I can't...

Reply

Lilliane Wei
02:55 Apr 20, 2021

:) I'm a big fan of both stories so it's amazing to see them overlap!

Reply

yeah, thank you! it started with a crazy out on a limb connection i made with nico needing a soul to save his sis, and thanos needing a soul to get the soul stone :)

Reply

Lilliane Wei
16:00 Apr 20, 2021

It's a great idea, I loved reading it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Carolina, You know how you were confused about whether to believe Bridget or not? Well. Check her page: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/bridget-summers/ She has a story called 'captive' posted on Apr 15. Now check my page. I have that same story except named 'free' posted on Apr 13. Simply proof.

Reply

its a group i'm in on reedsy, we play a game called skribbl.io and so we call ourselves the skribbls. :)

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Sunny 🌼
17:10 May 02, 2021

D-did you just combine two of my favorite universes into one story? *excited gasp*

Reply

Show 1 reply
Mazie Gray
01:12 Apr 18, 2021

πŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒ πŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒ πŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒ πŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒ πŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒ πŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒ πŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒπŸ§ƒ what up with the #boycottjkrowling ? Never heard of it til I looked at your website (which is awesome btw) your fren, b

Reply

thanks!!!! #boycottjkrowling is a movement to, well, boycott jk rowling for being transphobic. your fren, lina

Reply

Mazie Gray
15:33 Apr 18, 2021

No problem! I'm so sorry, but what does transphobic mean? your fren, b

Reply

Mazie Gray
13:30 Apr 19, 2021

No wonder everyone liked the opposite gender in Harry Potter... I love HP but not Rowling anymore

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jasey Lovegood
01:55 Apr 16, 2021

CAROLINA- MCU AND PJO???? BEST CROSSOVER EVER!!! Seriously, I loved how the two universes were combined together, it flowed really nicely. Amazing work, and I can't wait for Part 2! :)

Reply

Jasey Lovegood
03:18 Apr 16, 2021

No problem! XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
12:21 Apr 15, 2021

Since I have not watched any MCU movies, I won't be reading this. I get spoiled from fanfictions way too often XD

Reply

Show 1 reply
Palak Shah
10:13 Apr 15, 2021

I love PJO and you have written this story very well. Great job !!! Could you please read my latest story . Thanks :)) ~Palak Shah

Reply

Show 1 reply

*SCREAAAAAAAM* I am going to finish this up (its only two parts) and then go back to all time loki i promise YEAH. I DID IT. I FEEL TERRIBLE. I'M SORRY. YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

Reply

Show 0 replies
AntMan 🐜
12:33 Apr 15, 2021

OMBOMBOBMOBMBOMBOMBOMBOMBOMBOMBOBMOBMB O M B THIS IS MY dReAm StOrY rIgHt HeRe!!!!!!!!!!!! i L O V E I T ! ! ! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *internally screaming throughout every paragraph* OMB U QUOTED IT, TOO!!!!!! THE DRAMA! THE INCORPORAT...

Reply

THANK YOU!!!! I'm picking up some of your energy and its helping be start my day lol

Reply

AntMan 🐜
12:46 Apr 15, 2021

😁😁😁😁😁lol glad to make you happy, because this story literally made my day. Wait, no... my week... my month... my year... My LiFe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.