301 comments

Fantasy

I think it's best not to question this or how its possible, this is a thing with god's and goddess's and theres ton of weird stuff with them just enjoy it. even though she's not really a new-born either i hope this counts.

Indigo hadn't expected to be a mother of a demi-god child. She hadn't thought she was EVER going to be a type of mother at all. She just thought that maybe in her 30's or 40's she'd find a man and get together. Maybe even have twins together if they both ever wanted kids.

Though here she was, Barely in her 20's as she just turned 21 a few days ago and with a kid. Not even a normal kid, a half god child. The daughter of Iris the goddess of rainbows and messenger of the gods. She hadn't even believed the gods were real until she met Iris and all of this happened.

She had named her child Harmony Who had dark brown hair with eyes that seemed to change color's everyday and was 3 years old. Indigo Had to cut holes in all the shirts as Harmony had wings like Iris (though not the same color like her mother, just the wings.) so that they could fit.

She knew Harmony would start flying at some point because what would be the point of having wings if you couldn't? Though that wouldn't be the worst as she knew Iris could create rainbow's and Shape-shift so she knew Harmony would start to try and do that. she just hoped it would be easy to take care of a half god child.

When she had first had Harmony she thought of bringing a friend to help her, but decided not to at the last minute. how would you react to a friend having a half god child?? what if they brought in a scientist? she didn't want to find that out.

-2 weeks later-

Indigo watched in the corner as it seemed like Harmony was spreading her wings and getting ready to fly. she thought that she would have started to try and fly at around 9 or 10 and not this early. Was she going to have to help her with this? she didn't have any experience with any type of flying. Maybe she SHOULD get a friend to help her, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Indigo took out her phone and looked at her contacts, waiting for the right moment when she should call a friend. She noticed Harmony's wings spread apart and then go up as she suddenly started to go up. was she flying?? she's like three and shes already a bit good at it! woah.

She watched in awe as Harmony flew, though it was decent and she wasn't to high up because she must know not to try and go up that high. "uh...good job sweetie!" Indigo smiled. This was like Harmony walking except it was flying, it was still good though. she was proud of her.

She continued to watch it the corner of the room, she didn't want to mess up anything. She was just accepting all of this stuff that HAS happened and that WILL happen. It may have been unexpected with Iris but she kind of liked having Harmony with her. It wasn't what she expected, but hey why not.

Harmony giggled as she flew around until suddenly she yawned a bit and her wings went down. uh oh. this mean't that harmony stopped flying as she started falling down. Indigo gasped as she quickly ran over and caught her. that was a close one! she seems alright...

Indigo sighed as she hugged harmony who seemed to be asleep, She didn't understand how she stayed asleep during that or fell asleep that quickly.

-age 7-

Indigo watched in the corner again, having no control of this as Harmony was laughing and shape-shifting into things that was around the room. she was still just accepting this, she knew harmony was getting used to this as well. Indigo had still not decided to call up a friend to help, she felt like she could handle this.

"hey mom look at this!" harmony said with another small laugh as she then shape-shifts into indigo. woah. was she always able to turn into a living thing or did she learn that? maybe Iris could do it as well.

"Thats...interesting sweetie..." Indigo said surprised. Iris was able to turn into someone's loved one or someone they knew to deliver a message to someone. Indigo then guessed that Harmony was always able to do that.

"i love you mom"

-age 11-

Indigo and Harmony were sitting outside of the house as Harmony was starting to fly more. she needed to be outside to do this now, the house would be to cramped for that. Indigo wished that she could fly, it looked amazing to be up in the sky just being free. she wondered if Iris ever watched or if she was ever going to visit.

the truth was with that, probably not or a 100% no. The god parent's never seemed to visit and if the kid ever met their parent it was probably a very rare thing. Then again Indigo didn't know anyone else who had a half god child so maybe she was wrong.

Indigo started to sip on some tea when she then heard from up above "Mom look at this!" she looked to see Harmony flying around when then suddenly, a rainbow appeared! a rainbow. Harmony just created a rainbow! Indigo gasped, it was amazing.

"its...so beautiful..."

Harmony laughed happily as she continued to fly around in the sky creating a few more rainbow's. She was loving this, and so was indigo. At first when she had learned she was going to have a child, she was first kind of against it and thought she would hate it. but no she wasn't, she loved her.

She sometimes wondered what her life would be like if she hadn't met Iris and had Harmony. she sometimes thought it would just be a normal life. But other times she sometimes thought that it would be a terrible and sad life. Late night thoughts right?

She also wondered how Harmony's life would be if it had been with someone else. Would they be as caring as she was? what if they kicked her out or hated her? she didn't ever wanna know if she was correct about that second one. any living thing deserves to life no matter what.

-age 16-

Harmony's brown hair was now past her shoulders almost to her bottom as her eyes were now a dark blue, though she knew they would change the next day again. She wore a black and white crop-top as her wings fit perfectly through the holes. she had grown so much over the years, her mother, both of her mothers were proud. even if Indigo didn't know that, Iris was also proud of her and Indigo.

Indigo had never even went for help with anything over the years, she had thought of it a few times but never did. Though a few of her friends did at least KNOW about Harmony and wasn't kept a secret. They had all made great impressions when they met two years ago.

Indigo and Harmony left the house with harmony carrying a few things. Both of them knew where they were going, Harmony wanted to go there. It would be fun, there would be others like her there. It would be a while until they got there and Indigo wouldn't be able to go with her, but it would be worth it.

They soon reached as far as Indigo could go with her. It would only be for the summer, maybe another one if she liked it. She was proud of her daughter, she hoped she would be safe here. she didn't want anything bad to happen.

Harmony gave Indigo a hug, indigo hugged back with a small smile. "ill see you soon sweetie..."

"i love you mom..."

part 2? and anyone wanna guess where they are? it should maybe be easy

August 23, 2020 22:37

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

301 comments

Himanshu Shekhar
15:49 Aug 24, 2020

Really lovely story dude.

Reply

B. W.
15:50 Aug 24, 2020

thanks, i'm glad you liked it :) there will be a part 2 soon when the other prompt comes out so i'll tell you when its out, maybe you'd like it as well. Did you maybe have a favorite part of the story or a character?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
María Barrios
03:42 Aug 24, 2020

You know, when I was younger I'd scribble all my stories on a word documents and then never share them with anyone. I'm glad you're not doing that. Receiving feedback is great, even if you only see writing as a hobby. I love fantasy stories and this had this magical girl vibe that I liked. Keep writing and creating magic.

Reply

B. W.
03:48 Aug 24, 2020

Thank you i'm glad you enjoyed this. I've been into the greek god type stuff lately so i decided to try and make a story for it finally. If you do, do you maybe have a favorite part of the story?

Reply

María Barrios
04:14 Aug 24, 2020

When she's about to fly. It's lovely. Keep practicing. I'd say cut a little bit on the physical descriptions without eliminating them, and add more scenes like that one. Flying is exciting, show us exactly how exciting it's for the character and you'll have readers hooked in (who wouldn't like to read a good story where someone is able to fly?).

Reply

B. W.
04:33 Aug 24, 2020

There will probably be a part 2 for this as she is a demi-god and she's going to some type of camp. kind of like in the percy jackson stuff but different. She's going to fly a lot during the next parts so i'll describe it as well. Thank you i'm still glad you liked this.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Avery G.
23:03 Aug 23, 2020

Wow, cool story! I love how her powers slowly evolve! Oh, and is she going to Camp Half Blood?

Reply

B. W.
23:08 Aug 23, 2020

thanks im glad you liked it. and yes in a way she's going to camp half-blood but im thinking if the camp should be a different one. though i can't think of the name for it. Did you maybe have a favorite part of the story and a favorite character?

Reply

Avery G.
23:10 Aug 23, 2020

You're welcome! My favorite part was when Harmony first flew!

Reply

B. W.
23:14 Aug 23, 2020

what are some things you'd maybe want to see in a part 2 whenever i would make it?

Reply

Avery G.
23:18 Aug 23, 2020

Hmm...maybe about the other demi-gods she meets? And also her first reaction to the camp?

Reply

B. W.
23:21 Aug 23, 2020

I can try to do that and if you have any other ideas what kind of demi-gods would you want to meet? and i can kind of mean like by who their parent is (zeus, Ares, etc)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
21:36 Sep 17, 2020

ARE THEY GOING TO CAMP HALF-BLOOD? I loved that series! Anyways, this story is great, B.W.! I usually promise myself that I read at least one story of each of my followers. It think I’ve gotten to most if not all. I was not disappointed with you! Despite some typos, the plot is sound and the characters are awesome! Also—congrats on starting a novel! I read your bio and it sounds interesting. I’ve always wanted to write a novel but I haven’t gotten any ideas. Bye, and great job B.W.! -Paige

Reply

B. W.
21:38 Sep 17, 2020

No, this was only inspired by him so i made my own camp and their going to Camp Illusion, which is a different one. I'm glad ya liked it though ^^ if ya wanna check out another part maybe then the next is "the camp"

Reply

21:40 Sep 17, 2020

Ah, ok! I can’t right now but later maybe! Nice job B.W.!

Reply

B. W.
21:44 Sep 17, 2020

yeah thats alright ^^ and thanks

Reply

17:01 Sep 19, 2020

Hi, B.W.! I just started a little writing contest of my own and I’d love it if you could participate! Totally free, for-fun, and 15+ prompts to choose from. Please check it out in my bio!

Reply

B. W.
17:08 Sep 19, 2020

Hm, that could be fun, sure i'll check it out ^^

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Andrew Krey
21:02 Sep 17, 2020

Hi, I liked this story (big fan of Greek mythology) and think you created a good premise for the start of a story. I think to take your writing to the next level you can add depth through more emotion. Sometimes the description tends to be literal - flapping wings and flying, but you could also show the rush of air to demonstrate the power growing in her wings, or blowing things over, blowing her mother's hair. These things can really embed the reader in the scene, no longer just the actions of a person, but also how they effect the spac...

Reply

B. W.
21:06 Sep 17, 2020

Hm i'm glad you liked it and thank's for more of the advice with it ^^ if you wanna there's some other parts you could check out: the camp Not his fault Getting her back

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
He!do I.A.P.N
01:22 Sep 14, 2020

I liked how the story was from the parent's perspective(ik that was the prompt, but still) it was really interesting to compare it to a demi-gods perspective like in Percy Jackson. I would say don't forget to captialize, it makes it sound kinda more professional in my opinion, and distracts less from the story

Reply

B. W.
01:28 Sep 14, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it ^^ yeah i'm still trying to work on that and some other stuff. did you maybe have a favorite part to it? there's also still a few more parts to it if ya wanna read those maybe ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lauren :)
22:44 Sep 11, 2020

Good Story!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jade Young
19:37 Sep 10, 2020

I love the dynamic between Harmony and Indigo. I love you you saw this prompt and decided "yup, that's it, I'm gonna mythologise this". I love how you gave Harmony two moms instead of the usual mom-dad combo seen in the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series. Besides a few grammatical errors, this was a really creative interpretation and adaptation of both the prompt and Greek mythology. Keep up the great writing!

Reply

B. W.
19:43 Sep 10, 2020

I would normally suck at what the prompt is and then remembered i wanted to do something with Greek mythology so i just went "nows my time to shine" and did it. Yeah i kinda thought it would be cute to do as well instead of a mom and dad, and yeah i know but i can't edit them anymore. theres still "not his fault" and "getting her back" to check and leave a comment at ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part or character in this part of it?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
The Cold Ice
09:04 Sep 05, 2020

Good story.Great job👍keep it up. Would you mind to read my story “The dragon warrior?”

Reply

B. W.
09:57 Sep 05, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked the story ^^ sure ill go and check it out soon, did you maybe have a favorite part or character?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Deborah Angevin
11:27 Aug 31, 2020

I didn't know much about Greek mythology too, but I enjoyed reading this! Would be reading the next part too :) P.S: would you mind checking my recent story out, "The Purple Sash"? Thank you :D

Reply

B. W.
12:56 Aug 31, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it and sure ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Prakhar Mishra
12:48 Aug 29, 2020

This was a creative and fun story! I generally find Greek mythology very interesting, and I liked seeing elements of that in this. There were many grammatical errors but I didn't really mind them much. I liked this story.

Reply

B. W.
14:05 Aug 29, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked the story ^^ i've always loved greek mythology since i was younger. i know i gotta use Grammarly or something whenever i do the stories but still thank's im glad you liked it

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
02:31 Aug 30, 2020

hey go check out "Her arrival" its my newest part to it and i'd love to see what you have to say

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Simply Me
04:41 Aug 29, 2020

Hey! I checked out the story like I said I would, and I just have so much to say about it! I like how the mother, (Indigo) clearly can't keep up with Harmony but tries her best anyways to love and support her child. I actually don't read mythology or anything fantasy-like AT ALL but I am so happy to say that I enjoyed this story. In the end, I am so happy that Harmony actually notices her mother's efforts to keep up with her and loves her for it. One thing I would like to say for a bit of constructive criticism though is to mind your gra...

Reply

B. W.
04:49 Aug 29, 2020

Thank you i'm glad you enjoyed this story ^^ Yeah i thought the indigo and harmony stuff would be cute and kinda good to add into the story and so i did. You should try to read greek mythology and fantasy in general because both of the things are really great. Harmony alway's noticed actually but she didn't know what to say or when the right time was for it until the end of the story. I'll try my best to work on the Grammar as well. I'm not sure if you know which you probably don't is that i actually made two more parts to this. "The camp" a...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

What a creative use of the prompt! I don't really read or watch fantasies but I enjoyed this alot. This kind of reminds me of Maxium Ride, I think thats the name. I liked that alot. Great story!

Reply

B. W.
21:32 Aug 27, 2020

Thank's i'm glad you enjoyed it ^^ part 2 for this story should be out sometime tomorrow

Reply

Coolio. :)

Reply

B. W.
21:47 Aug 27, 2020

Is there maybe something you'd like to see happen in part 2?

Reply

uuhhh... I don't know, I'm not good at giving ideas for fantasies, but whatever you write, I'm sure it'll be great!

Reply

B. W.
16:08 Aug 28, 2020

Melony part 2 is out ^^ go ahead and give "The camp" a read :) i'm excited to see what you have to say

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
C. M
15:43 Aug 26, 2020

I really liked how creative this story was, though there were some grammatical and capitalization errors. I´d change sentence structure in some of the parts to make it more clear and easy to read. Overall, it was a great and endearing story.

Reply

B. W.
15:52 Aug 26, 2020

Thanks i'm glad you enjoyed it. there'll be a part 2 as well when the new prompt comes out later. I'll try to use Grammarly or something to do better with The grammar and Capitalitzation things. Did you maybe have a favorite part or a favorite character to it?

Reply

C. M
19:48 Aug 26, 2020

Honestly my favorite part was when she turned 7, where she was able to shapeshift. It was really interesting twist to the story. I used grammarly for my story and it helped me a lot, since I´m not a native English speaker, so you can try using it on part two. It´s pretty good.

Reply

B. W.
19:50 Aug 26, 2020

I honestly wasn't going to add that until i looked at some Iris things and realized she was able to Do that. Iris is really interesting to me and i'm surprised that she doesn't have a lot of things. Yeah that's what everyone's been suggesting to me for a bit, i can try to do that then. Is there maybe something you'd like to happen in part 2 or in any of the other parts?

Reply

C. M
08:54 Aug 27, 2020

Even though you said that gods don´t meet their children, it would be nice to include a short encounter of Harmony and Iris where she is watching her daughter play or something else. Or maybe a part where we get a look into Harmony´s mind.

Reply

B. W.
13:20 Aug 27, 2020

Oh my gosh that's so adorable. yeah i think i could try to do that for the two of them. i'm not completely sure if thats true i think Percy jackson might have met his but if he did then i'm just gonna ignore it.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kat Stokes
15:04 Aug 26, 2020

What a fun story! I loved it

Reply

B. W.
15:32 Aug 26, 2020

Thanks im glad you enjoyed it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
. .
21:36 Nov 09, 2020

Omg I love this! I love the LGBTQ stuff! I think that the beauty of this story is reflective of the restrictions of Reedsy, because this is a great plot, but it isn't good on its own. I think if you're going to do other parts, explore the age gaps in detail and then progress more in other parts. That's all that I'm saying because I have a lot of reading experience in Mythology books, and I know a lot about it, so I know that it would be an amazing read, even more than before, if you added some juicy in-betweens. All in all, though, great!

Reply

B. W.
21:49 Nov 09, 2020

Thanks, im glad ya liked this ^^ I've always supported LGBTQ and everything else like that, so I thought it would be interesting to have her parents be both girls and all that. It's Greek mythology anyway and its really weird sometimes, so its best not to question how they even had Harmony in the first place.

Reply

. .
21:49 Nov 09, 2020

True Dat

Reply

B. W.
21:53 Nov 09, 2020

Ive had some other romance stories in the past with LGBTQ stuff but I don't even think I did that great with them :/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.