Seven Will Rise, and Seven Will Strike (Part 6 WoE)

Submitted into Contest #77 in response to: Write a story set in the summer, when suddenly it starts to snow.... view prompt

86 comments

Fantasy

Hello! Try and see if you can find the part where I got inspired by the prompt...


 I remembered nothing. All I knew was that I had powers of the earth, or in fact, was earth. I had been asleep for some time, evidently. I blinked a few times and saw nothing but darkness. I felt drowsy, and sluggish, but not uncomfortable.  

I realized I was IN the ground. With a grunt I pushed myself out of the ground.  

Where am I? 

When am I?  

How long have I been asleep? Then suddenly a great pain to my forehead nearly knocked me down. A swirling of leaves and grass surrounded me, and a voice that was not my own floated out of my mouth.  

“The man blessed with elements of this fair land  

Shall unwisely silence the ferine strand 

 Trouble's descent upon all alike 

 Seven will save you, seven will strike 


 One whose father turned to the west 

 A peasant with powers of fire hence blessed 

 A third warrior with opposition abound 

 The two sisters of which no ones like can be found  

Sand forges the girl who will be tried  

And the daughter of Earth ceases to hide 


 Find them you shall, and unite them you must  

For the fate of your land lies in their trust 

 Each holds power uncorrupted by vice 

 The seven shall serve the image of paradise 


 Each power extracted and forged into one  

The pain of elements and sins to be undone  

Time cannot be disregarded  

The quest is not for the weakhearted. 


 The seven shall rise if you succeed 

 And bring about a newer breed  

Your world will be transformed anew 

 But all depends on your hearts beating true.” 


I shivered silently in shock. While the voice had been going, a warmth and glow and filled me. Now that it was gone, the forest was eerie silent and dark again. It wasn’t my voice, but it came from inside of me. I could only guess that it was a prophecy or warning from moth earth. She was the mother of all elements, and the one who bestowed the powers of the elements upon men. I knew not what she was talking about with wars and greed, as I had no memory of my past.  

I knew how to walk, and I knew about the world, but I didn’t have any memories.  

When you don’t have memories, you don’t yearn for them either. So I wasn’t disturbed at all, since to my knowledge I didn’t love anybody, or had loved anybody.  

All I knew know was that I needed to find these seven children. Oh my, what a fate had descended upon me. What war? What greed? How was I supposed to find them? What was I supposed to do? Unite them?  

“O, Mother Earth. Send me a clue right now, if you do want me to succeed!” For several seconds, nothing happened and I felt desperately alone and tiny in the great world. Then, a gust of wind lifted me off my feet. I circled the air several times and hovered above a clearing. I could make out five figures that were gathered in a huddle way down below. The wind gently floated me down and I descended upon the ground in a light landing.  

“Ahhhhh! They’re coming to get us!” Two girls shrieked in fright at the sight of me. The scurried behind the other three who looked equally frightened. Then a ring of fire surrounded me as I gazed upon them in bewilderment.  

“Who are you and what do you want?” The girl with sapphire blue eyes and wavy, shoulder length brown hair pointed a sharp sword at me. Although it was mid-summer (don’t ask me how I knew that; I just knew) she looked cold. Not that she felt cold, she was cold. If I touched her, I was sure her skin would be cold as ice. She didn’t look mean or particularly frightening, but she had a fierce look to her; of one who had seen bad times.  

I raised my hands to show I was weaponless.  

“I’m Brooke.” I blurted. I didn’t even know that was my name. A name. What an interesting thing. I was Brooke.  

“From what kingdom?” 

“Kingdom?” I knew what a kingdom was, but I didn’t know I had one. I thought I came from the earth.  

“Oh, ignore her, Kate. She’s obviously from the Air kingdom coming to take us back. They’ve definitely discovered that Celeste’s escaped.  

“Ooh! Fun! Shall we fight her?” So the cold, fierce one was Kate. The two girls who just spoke were evidently sisters. One was pale, but overly energetic looking with golden locks of hair and a musty black robe. The other was nicely tanned wearing a silk pantsuit gilded with gold and lace with her abundant mass of hair pinned neatly on top of her head. Another word: Royalty. Meaning both were the children of rulers. Except one didn’t look exactly like it.  

“No, Celeste. She doesn’t look harmful-” 

“Aww come on, I’m one day out of confinement and y’all won’t let me do anything!” 

“As I was saying, what kingdom are you from?” The one called Kate pointed her blade at me again, except this time I noticed it was clear and the sides were frosted. It was ice! This one was from the Ice Kingdom. I suddenly remember the prophecy.  

“Two sisters!” I locked my gaze on the two bickering girls, one pale and one tan.  

The two sisters of which no ones like can be found 

Yes, certainly they were a unique set. Two out of seven! 

“I told you! She’s looking for two sisters! She tracked us, and flew here." "She's gonna kill us next!” The one dressed in silk wailed in desperation.  

One of fire... I surveyed the group again. A boy who had been lingering behind the others caught my attention. His eyes were gold with a fiery characteristic to them. His dark brown hair flapped across his eyes. But best of all, His hands were outstretched and I saw that he was controlling the ring of fire surrounding me.  

“Powers of fire hence blessed!” The boy looked startled and the circle of fire disappeared for a second. It soon returned, meaning I was trapped again. But that was of no matter! Three out of seven! 

“Who here is a warrior?” 

“I am, and if you won’t stop spouting nonsense, I will certainly use my warrior powers against you.” Kate was the warrior. She slashed her blade through the air and sharp pellets of hail and snow rained down upon me. The circle of fire ceased and instead a ice wall enclosed me, inching up slowly by the second.  

“A prophecy! I’m fulfilling a prophecy! Um, the elements are at war, and the uniting of the seven elements is the only way to stop it.” Sensing that Kate wasn’t going to kill me just yet, I hurriedly continued.  

“There are seven children who have the seven powers, and so far we have four, uh, and they’re Kate, the warrior, um you two sisters, and also the fire guy.” 

“Hold up. What prophecy? Can you tell us it?” This time it was the girl wearing a circlet on her head. A sign of royalty. Her clothes would’ve been extremely regal looking if not for the fact that they were splattered with mud and tattered by the twigs and branches in the forest.  

“Not the full prophecy, but I’ll tell you about the seven children. 

One whose father taken to the west 

 A peasant with powers of fire hence blessed 

 A third warrior with opposition abound 

 The two sisters of which no ones like can be found  

Sand forges the girl who will be tried  

And the daughter of Earth ceases to hide.” 

“So... basically we need to find all of them, unite their powers somehow and save the world.” The ice walk encircling me died down and I could tell I had earned their trust.  

“I’m Princess Mira of the water kingdom. And I believe that the prophecy is reffering to my father who’s just been kidnapped.” The girl with the muddy gown stuck out her hand and smiled at me. 

“I’m Priya and this is my twin sis-” 

“Hey! I can introduce myself! I can still talk after five years of confinement, you know. I’m Princess Celeste of the air kingdom, but I have powers of light.” 

“I’m Luke of the fire kingdom, but as the prophecy says, I’m just a random peasant that somehow has powers.”  

“I’m Kate, and I serve in the Seventeenth imperial army of the Ice Kingdom. Battalion eight, cavalry.” She sheathed her ice sword.  

“Great! So that’s five. We just need the other two to stop the war. What war, by the way?” The five of them exchanged glances.  

“It’s a long story-” Luke started.  

“It all started with Jean Valjean, of the darkness kingdom who came to ask my hand in marriage.” 

“He then kidnapped her father apparently, and she had to run away.”   

“And?” I prompted them.  

“Well, uh, let me continue.” Kate gestured to a log for me to sit on, as everybody sat down.  

“Then, Jean Valjean and his army made their way to the Ice Kingdom and asked for our Alliance. Obviously, due to his great strength and power, we had to accept and I’m a warrior in the army. We were to fight against the water kingdom which had waged war as soon as their king was taken. I was fighting them, that is, until I got knocked out and ended up here.” 

“After that, he started attacking the air kingdom because we were alliances with water and light. Luckily we escaped.” Priya and Celeste exchanged glances as if there was more to the story. But they didn’t spill.  

So, like that, with each person relaying a part of the story, I was able to figure out that Jean Valjean, an evil prince from the Darkness Kingdom was planning to take over every single kingdom and have darkness be the only element left. He had been recruiting other empires to join him to fight off the others. So far, his allies were fire and ice. The opposing side was water air, and light. The earth kingdom and sand kingdom were still undecided. I was rather surprised at how well everybody was getting along. 

 Kate was supposed to be an enemy of Mira, but as Kate explained to me, she hadn’t joined the army to kill people anyways.  This only reinforced the description of the prophecy, ‘Each holds power uncorrupted by vice’.  

Guys, there are two more people left we need to find. The daughter of earth and the girl of sand.” Kate gazed at me thoughtfully.  

“You said you have no memory of anything since you were asleep in the ground? The daughter of earth ceases to hide. You’ve been hidden all these centuries. And this morning you ceased to hide by breaking out of the ground.” She smiled triumphantly.  

“There’s only one left after all, Brooke, you are the daughter of earth.” 

~ ~ ~ 

Nainika’s POV 

Jean Valjean had sent me in search of the Water Princess.  

“She’s been missing for three days, my spies report. This is unacceptable if we wish to conquer the world. We must find her and kill her.” 

“Yes, lord, but how-” 

“Every person holds darkness and sadness in their heart. Her especially, since her father has just been kidnapped.” He flicked a speck of grime off his finger. Sensing I still had no clue what to do, he rolled his eyes.  

“Goodness. I can travel anywhere that is dark, yes? But I don’t want to travel right now.” He gestures to all the mapping of battle strategies he has in front of him.  

“Fortunately, my power is strong enough that I can send others in my place. I’ll just instill the power of darkness inside of you, temporarily. Just think, ‘darkness inside Princess Mira Nobelius’s heart’. Very simple. You can even control her that way, but we only need her dead.” 

The past day had been extremely dizzying. Half of me was obeying the orders of Jean Valjean because it made sense to, and why wouldn’t I want to? The other half was struggling and straining against the orders since they just didn’t make sense. Why would you want to take over the world? Life’s just nice and peaceful right now. But it was much harder to accommodate both. Simpler to just follow the actions of Jean instead of trying to come up with my own plans.  

In fact, I doubted I was even doing any of it, really. I felt the darkness inside of me or regret and guilt being controlled by Jean. But it was pleasant and a heartwarming feeling. I for once could relax, and do whatever Jean wanted me to... 

So here I ended up in this clearing by the side of a regal looking girl with a grimy and hole-ridden dress.  

“Did you- I swear- you just appeared out of nowhere!” She exclaimed.  

“I’m am Nainika the fierce of the Sand Kingdom, here to take your life.” But before I could whip out my sword, five other people stepped in my way. One wielding a sharp blade of ice, another with his hands blazing on fire, two girls who started circling above my head, stirring up a tornado, and a brown haired girl studying me with an unnerving amount of regard. But again, thinking and observing takes up too much energy.  

Ha, five pesty children all years younger than me? I don’t think so. I summoned the darkness from each one of them, ready to enclose them with it, the way Valjean’s power was prompting me to do. Unfortunately, before I could do that, one of the girls circling above me sent my darkness to drown me, and then,  

Everything 

Went 

Black.  

--------------------------------------- 

Hey... I know it’s been awhile! But I hope you enjoyed! Dedicated to my good friend Brooke D. (who is temporarily Kiwi Kelsey 😀) Btw, she started the fruit/food name trend which is catching on like wildfire! Of course, all my other friends are in here except for a few which are coming in the next part... hehehe. Shoutout to Luke for creating this AMAZING prophecy! Like dude whaaaaa? I asked him to in the middle of a zoom class in in 3 minutes he handed me this masterpiece (you must remember I'd spent 30 mins creating my own version...) Anyways... chicken. No jk. Love y’all have a nice day.  

January 22, 2021 22:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

86 comments

Ahhh, Jen, you're so talented! Love this story! <3

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
22:51 Jan 22, 2021

OH MAH GAWD. WOWZA THANK YOU SO MUCH LAILA!!!

Reply

NO PROBLEM!! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
22:33 Jan 22, 2021

YAS JEN!!! I would recommend making the dialogue fitting with the characters that they go with, such as the way that they speak. For example, the person reciting the prophecy will most likely speak in a more formal manner than the person listening to it. ALSO JEAN VALJEAN!!

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
22:37 Jan 22, 2021

ooh. yes, yes. Advice once again! Ya notice the title is from the prophecy?

Reply

. .
23:06 Jan 22, 2021

YAS I DID!!!!!

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
23:08 Jan 22, 2021

YURP. btw, what did you get on the Maps? if you don't mind me asking... I'll just subtract like 20 from it and I'll know what teh average score is supposed to be. I just want to make sure I didn't failllll

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sunny 🌼
22:42 Apr 07, 2021

waiting for the next part impatiently like- Jennie when are you coming back?!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jasey Lovegood
05:43 Feb 01, 2021

Hai Jennie! I'm really loving this series, the whole elements give me Avatar vibes (in a good way), and I love all the references you've been putting in. The detail is amazing, and I really like the characters and their personalities. Also, thank you for the follow. Keep up all the amazing work! :D

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
14:13 Feb 01, 2021

oooh yes! I love Avatar!! Thank you so much!

Reply

Jasey Lovegood
20:24 Feb 01, 2021

Np! :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
23:52 Jan 28, 2021

Jen the Shifter will be in TDR real soon.......

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
00:31 Jan 29, 2021

OH MAH GAWD I FORGOT TO READ YOUR STORY

Reply

Mira Caplan
00:25 Jan 30, 2021

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
00:25 Jan 30, 2021

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
. .
15:06 Jan 28, 2021

NEW STORY

Reply

Show 0 replies
Felicity Anne
22:01 Jan 27, 2021

Hello Jennie!! I just wanted to come and introduce myself. My name is Felicity! I'm a friend of Lukes! :)

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
14:13 Jan 28, 2021

Hey Felicity! Yep, I've heard a lot about you from Luke including your inspiring thoughts! (see his story Be a Felicity :D) Anyways, nice to meet you!

Reply

Felicity Anne
14:25 Jan 28, 2021

Aww, I did read that, he's so sweet!! Nice to meet you too!!

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
14:46 Jan 28, 2021

:DD We go to the same school and he's a super nice person... although he does get made fun of for his extreme love of books :(

Reply

Felicity Anne
14:55 Jan 28, 2021

That's cool! Ohh that's awful! :(((

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Nainika Gupta
14:46 Jan 27, 2021

hey hey hey Jen!! How's it going :) loved this as usual, awesome job!!

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
14:49 Jan 27, 2021

awwww thanks! I'm jennie again hehee

Reply

Nainika Gupta
14:50 Jan 27, 2021

:D I saw, didn't like the fruit name??? :D

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
15:03 Jan 27, 2021

nah... Celeste got back to her old one so i did too

Reply

Nainika Gupta
15:05 Jan 27, 2021

ahh :D part 7 of GoL is coming out today!!

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
15:37 Jan 27, 2021

O OO I CANT WAITTT... omg i'm so slow with my series lol

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
✰ Jennie ✰
15:37 Jan 27, 2021

nah... Celeste got back to her old one so i did too

Reply

Nainika Gupta
15:37 Jan 27, 2021

:D new story!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nainika Gupta
17:00 Jan 28, 2021

NEW STORY JEN!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Cookie Carla🍪
19:05 Jan 26, 2021

I would absolutely love to have a foodie name!! Since my name is Cookie already, can I be Cookie Carla or something?

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
20:03 Jan 26, 2021

Yes of course!!! Then add the cookie emoji... that would be perfect!

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
20:39 Jan 26, 2021

Done!

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
21:12 Jan 26, 2021

I LARB IT

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Deleted Account
14:36 Jan 23, 2021

I hadn't read the other parts but the whole thing gave me literal goosebumps!! Great writing!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
TJ Squared
00:47 Feb 23, 2021

the prophecy was AWESOME! Screw that...THE WHOLE STORY/SERIES WERE AWESOME!!! Really great job writing the series!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nainika Gupta
20:43 Jan 29, 2021

NEW STORY JENNNNN IM SO SORRRY ABOUT ITTTT DON'T HATE ME AFTER YOUVE READ ITTTT

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
21:02 Jan 29, 2021

eek

Reply

Nainika Gupta
21:04 Jan 29, 2021

eheh

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
21:09 Jan 29, 2021

NO DONT YA BE LIKE THAT... WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
16:27 Jan 29, 2021

Happy Friday! Hope your day has been great so far! ✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮ Would you like to join our skribble game later today at 3:30 EST? :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Maya -
21:21 Jan 28, 2021

Hey jennie, want to join the Reedsy Skribbls group? :)))

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
23:15 Jan 28, 2021

YEP! Even though I always miss the meetings...

Reply

Maya -
23:30 Jan 28, 2021

Yayyyyyyy :DDDDDDDDDDD It's fine, you can just tell me any days you're free to play. :) Just put ♥♥♥ ᏕᏦᏒᎥᏰᏰᏝᏕ ᎦᎧᏒᏋᏉᏋᏒ ♥♥♥ in your bio then I'll put you on the members list. I'm so glad you're joining! :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
19:48 Jan 28, 2021

JEN YOUR CHARACTER IS VATRA'S DRAGON NOW READ PART 15 OF TDR

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
19:40 Jan 28, 2021

PART 15 HAS BEEN POSTED

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 0 replies
Salma Jarir
11:21 Jan 24, 2021

I'm in love with ur style of writing . Keep shining!!

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
19:27 Jan 25, 2021

Thank you so much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
02:21 Jan 23, 2021

NEW STORY!!!

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
02:21 Jan 23, 2021

AHHHHHHHHHHH GOIN THERE

Reply

Kate Reynolds
02:35 Jan 23, 2021

YAAAYYYYYYY

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
01:22 Jan 24, 2021

omgg so sorry I checked it out and didn't leave mah comment!!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
02:40 Jan 24, 2021

It's okkk!!!!! :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
01:22 Jan 23, 2021

I love your new bio! 💕

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
19:27 Jan 25, 2021

Aww thanks!

Reply

Maya -
19:37 Jan 25, 2021

No problem! :) Btw we're doing a reedsy skribble (online pictionary) game today at 3:30 EST if you want to play.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.