Evil Grandmas, 18 year old's, and a club (Ft. Sia)

Submitted into Contest #84 in response to: Start your story with a character struggling to remember the date, because every day is like the last one.... view prompt

579 comments

Sad Teens & Young Adult Suspense

Note: omggggggggggg yessssssssss I did a collab with da kweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

lol see my comment for more notesXDD

onto the story, enjoy!!

"There used to be six of us. Now I'm alone." 

The cold wind whooshed against her ear, battling to fit inside her, a maze of an earlobe. 

She was tired. Tired of walking. Tired of fighting, she wanted to give up. 

She kept on walking., step after step. She didn't want to get lost again. She didn't even know what day it was. Lunch could've been dinner, like dinners could've been breakfast.

She just had to get out. She couldn't do it anymore. A crossroad. She heard small muffles of voices from one way, and grunts in the right. The middle was as dark as her hair. She followed the middle.

Bad choice. 

She was blinded by white light.

Heaven or what?

She thought.

A new place. Time didn't have value here. It was basically as valuable as the crumpled piece of paper you were going to pass to your crush. 

Swirls. Rhombus. Designs. Zentangles.

She was lost again. She floated around with her thoughts. The hedges grow high and low, as her vision blurred and re-sized. The hedges looked warpy as she fell with a thud. Looked up at the sky and she saw : "Wrong choice sister". She fainted.

Hours later, she stumbled to a somewhat standing position, trying to find her way back. 

Her mind told her it was night but the sky was deceiving, never settling on a normal color. 

That was the intention of "The Medics" as they had creatively named themselves. 

"You are my game-changers.

With my  help we could change the world." She'd always remember that voice. She wished she could scratch it out of her brain with her dirty nails. 

Coraline. 

Her sister. 

Always bossing her around.  To this day.

No one else interfered with the group's work, fearing the trials “The Medics” went through to test their experiments out. 

Mary groaned as she forced her feet forward, dragging herself to the nearest base. 

Which as planned out by The Medics was a lot farther than Mary would have wanted. 

EVELYN

She trudged step after step. Left, right,  Left, right. The world was dead.

 She hadn't eaten in two days. She was scared. And tired. 

She was sick. After vomiting twice, her immune system needed food. She plucked some blueberries, hoping they weren't poisonous. But with, "The Medics" you couldn't trust them. Like she had trusted the cliff, and she reached to a lower level.

Desperate, but resourceful, she pulled out an eaten piece of gum from her purse.  Don't look at her like that it was needed.. 

The mint refreshed her teeth while her gums burned. After getting punched by the security,  they weren't happy to taste a herb. Her mind drifted back a while back. She and Mary, eating Mint chewing gum, and drinking water, as the mint collided with the liquid, feeling a cold sensation down her throat

Tears welled in her eyes, begging to leave her cornea. She allowed them and let them fall. Her heart ached to see Mary again.

***

“The Medics” plan was failing but they persisted. 

Evelyn knew that, but “The Medics” were not accepting, their vision larger than their brains. 

Evelyn knew she was not indestructible like “The Medics” hoped her to be. 

She could feel the pain in her stomach as she scavenged for more than a piece of gum. 

She could feel their desperation radiating off the virtual walls. 

No one leaves once you’re in “The Medics” hands. That was easy to know. 

Evelyn bit her lip and used her ripped sleeve to wipe the tears off her face. 

She didn't know how long it had been since she was taken from her home. 

Sent into a lab like some sort of robot. 

Tests, needles, “The Medics” crowded around her and 5 others. As they pushed her back she recognized them as her friends, including Mary. 

That didn't make it any better. 

Evelyn rubbed her eyes, tired of remembering. 

Tired of the memories that plagued her mind. 

***

MARY

Mary trudged step by step into the darkness. She followed the muffled murmuring 

Kayla. 

Kayla Whitman. 

Dead.

Rather, killed.

She didn't know there'd be blood. 

Her blood splattered all over the bright green hedges, smeared viciously out of carelessness.. Her white gown was covered too. It streaked her once perfect face a deep red, glaring back at Mary with shocked eyes. White foam bubbled out of her once shining lips. They were blue now. She had an injection mark on her shoulder. Cowards.

A tear fell.

Then two.

She wiped her eyes and kept on walking.

Left, then right. She came across the star shaped rock she found. She was going in circles. Her eyes drooped and so did her body. 

Then she heard footsteps. Light ones. She swooped around hoping to find Logan, one of her friends. But it was Kayla.

She screamed and charged at Mary. Then, just a couple footsteps away, she stopped and sniffed the air like a wolf. Then she screamed and howled and ran the other way. Mary ran as fast as she could.

She screamed, but the device on her lips, which refused to allow her to speak. She had to enter her most loved thing to open it. Kayla must have known hers.

***

Mary stopped and glanced back, Kayla disappearing into the hedges. 

She doubled over, trying to catch her breath. 

Her legs ached as she found a steady breathing pace, pressing her knuckles into the muddy ground. 

Mary wanted to call out, to scream at Coraline, and get her to come and take that stupid thing off her face. 

But Mary didn't say anything. Not that she could anyways. 

***

She stood up and rubbed the dirt off her hands, sucking in a sharp breath. 

Silence fell over the grounds, the wind settling right behind Mary’s ear. 

She knew she wasn't alone, closing her lips behind the device. 

Mary went through people in her head, who was left in the experiment. 

As she went through, Mary was surprised at the numbers. 

It had to have been at least a month since it started and only Kayla had been ticked off as far as she knew. 

But Mary did not completely trust her information. 

Whoever the leader was, she was never fully loyal to anyone, The Medics included in that. 

*** 

Mary took a sharp left, as the heat hit her like a brick. She was surprised. The while area was chilly, but over here it was humid. 

Was she near a vent?

She walked closer and closer, as she saw a boy. Curly hair, glasses, and a toothy smile. But this time, the smile was not present. Instead, was a terrified Joshua. 

Mary ran as fast as her dehydrated legs took her, and hugged him as hard she could.

Joshua stayed stiff in Mary’s hug, his arms pressed to his side. 

Mary broke away, and looked him up and down. 

She wanted to ask him something but it was no use. Nothing would come out of either of their mouth pieces. 

Mary watched as Joshua staggered backwards gripping on to the watch strapped to his wrist. 

Mary quickly realized it was the watch she had given him for his birthday two weeks before The Medics took them. 

Joshua froze as he followed Mary’s gaze down to his bony wrists. 

He glanced up, his brown eyes filled with the same fear they were months ago. 

Even in the dark Mary could make out scrambling figures beside her. 

Someone grabbed her wrist and shoved her into the truck, pushing her down as she got in. 

She squeezed her eyes shut, her mind clouded with fear. 

The moon was completely gone as more people were shoved next to her. 

Mary leaned her head back and tucked her knees into her chest, resisting the urge to call out. 

A loud noise rumbled and the truck started driving away. 

As they ran over bumps in the path Mary dared to open her eyes. 

The world was spinning and she was shrinking in her spot.

Her hope shrinking along with her. 

Joshua reached for Mary’s hand, pulling her out of her daze. 

Mary looked up and cocked her head slightly. 

That was when she noticed Joshua’s shaking hands letting go of hers and reaching for the watch on his wrist. 

Everything came to a stop as Joshua unhooked the watch and threw it away, kicking it behind him. 

Mary opened her mouth to shout, hot tears streaming down her face. 

She watched in disbelief as he pulled the mouthpiece off his face and met her eyes. 

Mary’s mind clicked the pieces together as darkness fell upon the ground.

Joshua had thrown away the thing he loved most.

JOSHUA

I thought she knew. Well, she was always oblivious. I didn't expect her to either. 

I picked up her watch and thrust it away. Tears welled in her eyes. I feel guilty now. Tears streamed down the cheeks I'd once wanted to kiss. 

Her hair ruffled and looked dirty. The same hair I'd wanted to caress with love.  

Her mouth opened but the mouthpiece stopped it. It'd been a minute since I threw my most beloved object. I could speak now.

"I lov-" 

But something grabbed me from behind as I saw angry tears flow down her beautiful cheeks. 

Bony fingers grabbed me and something sharp bit me in the side of my neck.

March 10, 2021 18:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

579 comments

XDD CELESTEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'M OK, OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT I JUST GOT BRACES SO NOW MY MOUTH RLY HURTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSXDDD WBUUUUUUU

Reply

Show 0 replies

AH SHOOT LOLXD DONT MEAN TO SCARE YOUUUUUUXDDD IT'S GET BETTER JUST TAKE SOME PAIN MEDS/TYLENOL OR WHAT EVER :DDDDDDDDD WRITING ANYTHING?!

Reply

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD YES (and might feature certain ppl ;D)

Reply

*gasp* OMGGGG WHEN'S IT GONNA BE DONEEEEEEEEEEEE????????????

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
17:36 Mar 12, 2021

Hi Lu! You good?

Reply

mhm:) you?

Reply

20:07 Mar 12, 2021

Im great!!! ighnsirukhgwirkgjwrgkwrgklwrgjo;wrlgjw;ogj;rkgjwr;lkgwjrlgw just busy obsessing over Fitz Vacker ehe

Reply

why is that such a moodXDD totally here for it tho;)

Reply

19:21 Mar 13, 2021

IT ISSS!!!! eheheheeh :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
04:37 Mar 12, 2021

Heyy Luna :) How are you doing? :)

Reply

Hi! I’m ok, hbu? :)

Reply

Maya -
17:29 Mar 13, 2021

I'm good. :) Anything interesting going on for you lately?

Reply

hmmm not really! Although I did finally get to go back to in person school, so that was exciting!:D how about you?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
16:30 Mar 11, 2021

Terrific story!, and evil... You guys know exactly how to write an awesome story XD So is this gonna end with you laughing your evil laugh or is there a second part? (and by the way, I seriously can’t understand the title, stupid me XD) Happy today!

Reply

Muhahahahahaaaaa Thanks! XDDD you’ll have to find outtt muhahahahahahaaaaa Lol, evil grandma will come in part 2, Mary, Evelyn, and all those ppl are 18 and they were taken from a club🀣🀣 Glad you liked it and thanks for reading!!

Reply

15:00 Mar 14, 2021

=) hey, don't laugh too much, XD you are making me laugh, Bha-ha-hA-Ha! =) hm....., ohh......., eh?, Oh! XD (you tricked me with a funny title!, how did you do that? XD) Thanks for thanking me! =) [(and by the way, I know that you are probably busy but could you read my new story? so sorry for the botheration!)] Happy today! =)

Reply

XD :D (just kinda stuck a bunch of the things in the stories into the title to trick ppl into thinking it was a comedyXDD) of course!! No bother at all:D

Reply

15:10 Mar 14, 2021

That- that's not fair! XD hm!, warn me of more of your evil ideas..., got it? XD thanks a ton! =)

Reply

😈 maybe I will, maybe I wont....you'll seeXD :D heading there now!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
23:51 Mar 10, 2021

This is such a late comment I'm sorryyyyyy If collabs produce stories this good, I'm considering collabing with someone lol XD I loved the different POVs! I also loved the concept about "The Medics". I especially loved the plot. You. Just. Had. To. End. With. A. Cliffhanger. (Wow, I'm being such a hypocrite lol XDDD) I need the next part!!!! I hope you publish it soon!!!! MINOR ERRORS POLICE, OPEN UP! *smashes door* 'But with, "The Medics" you couldn't trust them.' --> But with "The Medics", you couldn't trust them.' 'She screamed, but the ...

Reply

no, you're fine!! XDDD muhahahahaaaaaaaaa yesssssssss. Cliffhangers. Are. Necessary. thanks! I'll fix those in a sec!! Thank youuuuuuu<333 yea sure!!

Reply

00:35 Mar 11, 2021

Ahahaha trueeee Yw!! :) Ty! :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
19:07 Mar 10, 2021

Lol I put a more elaborate comment on Sia's profile, so I could unleash the not-so-professional stuff here XD HE WAS GONNA SAY I LOVE YOU HOW DAREE YOU END THE STORY THEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'm kinda curious at how you got the idea for this story, like, were you jsut sitting one day and suddenly your mind was like "I KNOW! A STORY ABOUT MEDICS!" XD This was a great, powerful story and it was unique and interesting to read! ehehe IM YOUR FIRST READER H...

Reply

lolXD MUHAHAHAHAHA tbh tho the entire time Sia and I were writing that part we were just talking about how evil we wereXDDD it started out with a prompt and then a group of ppl that wanted to test on 18 yr olds to see if they could make an "indestructible human" and we were like, "well what do we call the group" and Sia goes, "how about The Medics?" XD And that's what we went with!!XDDD tank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu<33333333 XDD

Reply

20:23 Mar 10, 2021

XDD Sounds like something you guys would do lol XD LOOLOL XD Interesting thought process XD No problemmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!! <3

Reply

XDDD yea, i mean it worked outXDD <33333

Reply

20:29 Mar 10, 2021

It did!!!! XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
00:41 May 24, 2021

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee writes a cliffhanger, doesn't look back XD lkjhghjkjhgfghjkjhgfcvjkjhgfghjkjhgfjk oof. This was...interesting XD i wish you guys continued this tho reeeeeeee. but it was good none the less :)

Reply

yasss XDD we might write a second partttt;)

Reply

TJ Squared
00:55 May 24, 2021

you really shouldddddd

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Meera Lakshmi
12:37 Mar 25, 2021

Luna

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
12:37 Mar 25, 2021

My friend and I are upvoting aerin at this very moment. If you join in it will make the process faster. Please pass this on.

Reply

I will after I get home from school, but I’m sorry I can’t right now!!

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
14:49 Mar 25, 2021

It's ok..

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
05:56 Mar 21, 2021

ooooooOOOooooOoh nice pfp

Reply

XDD thanks

Reply

Sia S
14:59 Mar 21, 2021

:))

Reply

how are your exams going?

Reply

Sia S
16:30 Mar 21, 2021

They haven't started yet, but they will on 25th, and I've had about 29 mental breakdowns by now

Reply

oh ok. Sorry you're freaking out:( good luck on them!!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

hehe thanks

Reply

:) You made it, right????

Reply

yeahXD

Reply

fUn :] I use a LOT of smiley faces lol XD

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

ok! I'll work on spreading things around so we can get your points back to normal:)<3

Reply

What was YOUR normal points? Tell meeee, I own you one :)

Reply

I think 1,800 smth:)

Reply

also just wanted to let you know: I read your bio and I'm rly proud of you for moving on past the points<3 It can be super hard to ignore points, but it gets easier:) And always remember, your points dont define you nor your writing. <333

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
16:04 Mar 19, 2021

Hey...If your busy just overlook this... if your free and want to be in a fairyland reedsy cast story please fill out this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xJryETZYRVfCvcCXhdQxQOU6EIqTTa77hf8KXABo_0w

Reply

cool! I'll fill it out now! Thanks Cj!

Reply

19:09 Mar 19, 2021

OFC and thank you!!!

Reply

yep, just finished!! Sounds super interesting and I cant wait!!!:D

Reply

19:28 Mar 19, 2021

Great...I'm glad to finally get some diversity lmao

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
20:06 Mar 18, 2021

1. Jake is back 2. I want to end him

Reply

Ughhhhhh whyyyyy

Reply

21:17 Mar 20, 2021

ikr

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sia S
02:42 Mar 19, 2021

Who is dis?

Reply

21:18 Mar 20, 2021

the spammer :(

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
21:55 Mar 17, 2021

Hello! Part five is out!

Reply

yay!! I'll read it in a bit!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
02:38 Mar 16, 2021

30th story posted :)

Reply

nice job Tiff!! I'll read it in a few minutes:D

Reply

TJ Squared
14:13 Mar 16, 2021

:PPPPPP

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
07:26 Mar 15, 2021

And..... they do believe dat?

Reply

I'm so confusedXD ??

Reply

Sia S
14:48 Mar 15, 2021

The form.... Americans be believing that?? XPP

Reply

uuuuh- XP

Reply

Sia S
15:26 Mar 15, 2021

XDD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
07:25 Mar 15, 2021

Lmaoooo I'm good in writing? (Da form)

Reply

Sia S
14:47 Mar 15, 2021

XP

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
05:43 Mar 15, 2021

PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT!PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT! PART TWO OUT!

Reply

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Reply

Sia S
14:47 Mar 15, 2021

XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
14:49 Mar 14, 2021

part 10 out :)

Reply

yay!!

Reply

TJ Squared
15:03 Mar 14, 2021

:D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Creed .
14:40 Mar 13, 2021

Here you go again! Great story, great author! ❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWE...

Reply

thank youuuu<3333 same for you!! ❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ...

Reply

Creed .
23:15 Mar 13, 2021

Whoa, you went all out! Thanks! *hides a shy grin* :)

Reply

you definitely did more than me;) <3 :D

Reply

Creed .
23:24 Mar 13, 2021

Oh! HA! I had forgotten how much I did. Also... I just put out a blurb I'd like you to read, and there is a character form in my bio, do you want to fill it?

Reply

XD Sure! Oooh yeah!! I'll do that in a bit, we're about to leave for a friends house:)

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.