95 comments

Fantasy Sad Teens & Young Adult

When I was a child, my whole world revolved around the spines of every book my fingertips could reach. I would run up and down the aisles of row upon row of shelved books to find the perfect stories for her to read to me.


The less pictures a book has, the more enriching the story will be.

The more enriching the story, the more meaningful your reading experience will be.


That was our family’s motto, passed from one generation of librarians and bookstore owners to the next, and I kept those words engraved into my heart because of the truth they held. Whenever she didn’t have a customer to tend to, she would let me drag her over to the shelf with my choice of the day, pick out the battered book my stubby little finger was pointing to, gather me in her arms and read out the stories of the people and magical lands contained on every page. My favourite place as a child was always right there on the floor of the store, folded into my mother’s lap as she read from over my shoulder while my fingers traced over words I couldn’t understand yet. Raven tendrils of her hair would tickle my cheek as she held me captive, but I didn’t care.


And then one day, I stopped caring at all.


If someone in town had told me weeks ago that I would soon be behind the counter of the very bookstore I was trying to avoid inheriting someday, I would’ve rolled my eyes at them and walked away. And yet even now, as I watch some students in the year above me collect some books for a last minute assignment, I can’t help but feel a kinship to the books my mother once lovingly stacked and catalogued onto the shelves around me.


The trill of a bell draws my attention away from the list of borrowed books due today. I check the watch around my wrist and see with some satisfaction that he is right on time. I glance up just in time to see my brother walk through the door with a stack of battered novels in his arms. I force my gaze not to stray towards the shelves pressed against the farthest wall of the store as my brother weaves his way around the students browsing the alphabetised shelves on his way towards me. I raise an eyebrow at the thud that resonates throughout the store when he slams the pile of books onto the wooden surface, but he doesn’t notice in his preoccupation with brushing the sweaty strands of fallen hair out of his eyes. I can’t help but let out an amused scoff at the exaggerated huff he lets out as he catches his breath.


“Did you rob any second hand bookstores that I should know about?”

He shakes his head, the ghost of a smile playing on his lips. “Only the one two towns over, so if the Ridgemond County police comes knocking on your door, I was never here, okay?”

“That’ll be hard to explain once they see the stolen books on our shelves, Brent,” I humour him.

He rolls his eyes at me and shoves the pile in my direction. “Whatever, Danica. Just take the stupid books already.”

I place a hand on the faded cover of the book at the top of the pile. “Thank you for bringing these. I would’ve picked them up from Dad myself, but you finish school at the same time that his shift change happens.”

Brent frowns. “I didn’t get these from Dad.”

“You’re telling me you really had time to rob a bookstore two towns over on your way home from school?”

“What? No,” Brent says with a flicker of annoyance on his face. “I got them from Mrs Fitzgerald. She wanted to donate some of her old books.”


I try not to flinch at the mention of the neighbour’s wife. I must’ve done a terrible job, because the annoyed look etched onto my little brother’s face vanishes. Misinterpreting my reaction, Brent casts a glance at the shelves pressed against the far wall of our family’s bookstore, where all the second hand, dog-eared novels are kept. Before my interest in the bookstore vanished, mom and I used to place all the novels that weren’t glossy enough to be sold on those shelves. It was our own private section of the store that was hardly touched by anyone in town, but ever since I took over the store, the shelves housed all the neglected and overly creased books that nobody in town wanted to even consider touching--least of all me.


Brent’s gaze slides back over to me, and the weight of the pity behind his expression makes my skin crawl with discomfort.

“According to the time frame on the daily schedule you made for me, I still have about three minutes to deliver these books to you. I could shelve these for you if you want,” he adds, making a grab for the stack of books on the counter between us.

I force the corners of my mouth to lift into a smile as I pull them closer to me. “No, that’s okay. You’re supposed to be making a delivery, not stocking the shelves.”

He rolls his eyes again. “You probably have it written down in your schedule that you’ll stock them all without my help anyway.”

“Yes, I do,” I admit, “so leave before you interrupt mine and throw yours off schedule.”


By the time Brent leaves, the rays of sunlight streaming in through the store’s large windows give way for the shadows that creep into the store after sunset. Once the last of the students signs a card for a book in the historical section of the store, I flip the store’s OPEN sign to CLOSED and spend exactly ten minutes browsing the shelves and returning the correct books to their correct categories before crossing the activity off my schedule. When I was younger, my mom would drill the importance of our family tradition of properly organising the shelves by making a game out of it. I had to find the fantasy books from the romance section, the romance books from the science-fictional section (which was never to be confused with the fantasy section, or else I immediately lost ten points) and the young adult reads from the children’s books and put them all back into their proper places in ten minutes. On some days, I’d play by myself while mom stood by with a stopwatch, but we mostly made a race out of it. She let me win for years just to have an excuse to treat me to ice cream behind my father’s back, but I didn’t mind nor care.


And then one day, I started caring.


I started caring about the stupid family legacy of female librarians and book shop owners. I started to care about the way each shelf in the store houses rows and rows of books under a specific genre--and that these books need to stay organised into their genres at the end of every day. I started caring about the books in this shop again.


Because if I didn’t start caring again, no-one else would.


My feet wander over to the farthest shelves in the store before my mind can grasp what I’m about to do. For years, walking up to these shelves was second nature to me. Even when I was as surly as Brent was, my feet carried me past all the shelves in the store and planted themselves in the very centre of the shelves lining this wall. Ever since the night we received the call from the Eldridge County police station, I’ve been avoiding this part of the store--and this book in particular. I came here that night, shortly after the news reached us. She had the keys on her body--since this was her store, her birthright--and we didn’t have a spare. I’d broken the glass door open. My brother and father tried to stop me, but I had to see if she’d left me a note the way she usually did. I had been frantic, heartbroken and desperate. My hands had trembled as I opened the front cover for an explanation, for any explanation.


But I’d found nothing. She’d left me nothing.


Nothing except the bookstore.


My hand clutches the faded spine of the hardcover book of my childhood; of the story I forced her to read to me over and over again until I turned ten. But, if I’m being honest, Charlotte’s Web had been more than that. It had been a medium for us to communicate, even when I didn’t want to talk to her. If the store was empty, I knew I could just open this book and the words “Went out to get groceries from across the street, will be back soon” would be scrawled across a folded piece of paper and left between the front cover and the pages of the book for me to discover. I would sometimes sneak in while she was organising the back room to place a note about how I was sleeping over at Micah’s that night. I checked this book after school every day and she checked for my replies every evening before she locked up the store for the night.


I lift the book from where it’s confined between the other books on the shelf. I don’t know what I’m expecting by unearthing this book. My mom is gone. She will never braid my hair again, or read to me, or brag to the whole neighbourhood about how happy she is that I inherited her pale green eyes, or leave me another note in a book that only we bother to lift off the shelf. And yet… all I have let of her is this book and this bookstore. So for old time’s sake, with a throbbing pang of grief spreading through my chest, I run my fingertips over the image of a little girl and her beloved pig and flip the cover open.


A flash of white slips from the page behind the cover and falls onto the toe of my black boots. I stare down at it with furrowed eyebrows for a second before crouching down to pick it up and unfold it. My heart skips a beat as I read the singular word written in an all too familiar scrawl.


Salutations.


It doesn’t make sense. It shouldn’t make sense. I scoured the whole novel--every fold, every crease, every space between the pages--trying to find a note from her and came up empty. And yet here is a phrase I threw around for years in her presence, written in her handwriting on a piece of paper. It shouldn’t make sense for a note in my dead mom’s handwriting to suddenly pop up, and yet there it is: concrete, real and unwavering in my grip. The fingers of my other hand brush against the inked letters. The sight eases the unbearable heaviness that has been pressing against my chest for weeks.


An idea ignites in the corner of my mind. I reach into the back pocket of my jeans for the pen I carry around to cross off activities on my daily schedules. Using the same paper that fell into my presence with a piece of my mom inked across its surface, I scribble two words beneath hers:


Salutations, mom.


I don’t know how my mom’s note wedged itself between the covers of the book, but looking at a written exchange between us--however one-sided it may be--the gaping whole in my chest feels slightly less empty than it did earlier. Knowing I’m running late for dinner, I fold the note and slip it back between the covers of Charlotte’s Web and place the book in its place in the centre of the shelf.



Maybe it’s because of the discovery of yesterday’s note, but as soon as I open the bookstore, my feet wander towards the second hand bookshelves in the far corner of the store. I grab hold of the battered copy of Charlotte’s Web as if my mom never left at all. I don’t know what I expect to see once I open the front cover, but a freshly folded piece of paper with the imprints of a freshly-inked message in her handwriting greets me immediately. I nearly drop the book in my haste to unfold it.


Dani, I don’t know why you’re only responding to my notes now. I’ve been sending them for weeks. I don’t even know how you were able to sneak into the store and reply when I’m here every second of every day and when the whole town is looking for you, and I don’t even care. All I care about is that you come home to us.


I frown down at the note in my hand. Come home to her? The whole town is looking for me? But I’m right here. Ever since the night of her death, I’ve always been drifting between the town’s only community college and the store.

I glance around the bookstore to see that I am indeed here, with numerous adults and townsfolk nodding their greetings to me as they browse the shelves of my makeshift library. So I whip out my trusty pen and scribble a reply.


I think there's been some sort of mistake. I'm not missing. I've been in charge of the store for weeks, mom.


Keeping myself busy and distracted from the waiting for a reply in those hours between noon and the shadowy dusk after sunset was one of the hardest things I’ve had to do since taking over the bookstore. My schedule lays forgotten beneath the files of admin and inventory forms I resign to doing. Once that stops being a good enough distractor, I walk the aisles of every shelved section of the store, my fingers trailing over the spines of every alphabetised book, but my heart isn’t fully in it.


My thoughts keep drifting back to my mom’s response. After seeing such a lengthy response, all doubt that it is indeed my mom has vanished at the sight of her weird, loopy E’s--among other things. But what I still don’t understand is how she and I can be communicating when she’d dead. Whatever confusion this whole impossible exchange gives me, it can’t stop the bubbling excitement at the prospect of receiving a message from my mom the next day.


But as soon as I unfold that little piece of paper and my eyes gloss over her words, the smile slips from my face. The sinking feeling returns as I feel the residual peppering of phantom kisses against my skin, the harsh grip of a hand around my throat choking off my ability to cry for help. The paper slips through my fingers and flutters to the ground with the blank side staring up at me, but it doesn’t make a difference. The words are imprinted into my brain as much as those forceful encounters are.


Dani, you don’t have to pretend anymore. We know why you ran away. Dad and I know about what happened with Mr Fitzgerald. The whole town does. He’s locked away for what he did to you, so you don’t have to worry about him trying anything again. So just please come home, okay? We miss you.


The whole town knows. That’s what she said.


The whole town knows.


Panic claws its way up into my throat, choking off my air supply. I cast a watery glance around the store and then out the large windows at the townsfolk passing by or crossing the street. Everyone seems oblivious to the twenty year old clutching a copy of Charlotte’s Web with an iron-clad grip, but I know differently. I remember how the rumour got out. I remember how my friends ditched me, how the ladies around town gossiped about “Larisa’s slutty daughter” without knowing all the facts. I felt their judgemental stares as they whispered about the tramp breaking the Fitzgerald marriage to pieces. I remember how the whispers stopped when my mom died.


But if they resurfaced again then--


Wait a second. Mr Fitzgerald isn’t in prison. He still lives right next door.

A thought pops into my head as I reread the message just to be sure I didn’t read it incorrectly the first time. If my dead mom is communicating with me, if I’m right here in town but my somehow very much alive mother claims that I’m missing, and if Mr Fitzgerald is both in jail and right next door…


Nope. No way. There’s no such thing as a parallel universe.




May 01, 2021 03:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

95 comments

KED KED
22:27 May 01, 2021

Woah woah woah... What!? This was so utterly compelling...please tell me there might be more?? Man, what a soft and careful pace and tone you set. Almost dreamlike in its essence. This was masterful storytelling!! “Because if I didn’t start caring again, no-one else would.” — ugh RIGHT?!

Reply

Jade Young
23:38 May 01, 2021

Thank you so much for reading and commenting❤ I'm really glad to hear that you liked it🥰 I'm thinking of continuing the story, but if I actually get around to making a part two I'll let you know😜

Reply

KED KED
02:10 May 02, 2021

So good... I’ll be sure to read it if you decide to continue!!!! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jade Young
04:43 May 08, 2021

Part two is out😉 I hope you enjoy it just as much!

Reply

KED KED
21:21 May 12, 2021

Yes!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Kristin Neubauer
16:20 May 02, 2021

Oh my gosh, Jade...this was wild. Your writing is wonderful, so strong, so descriptive....that kept me tied to the story from the beginning. But then, when you got that exchange of notes, mind blown. I had to know what would happen, I could not be dragged away. Fantastic storytelling!

Reply

Jade Young
16:40 May 02, 2021

Thank you for such high praise Kristin❤ I'm really glad you enjoyed my story!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jade Young
04:41 May 08, 2021

Part two is out😉 I hope you enjoy it just as much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Helen Ross
08:33 May 02, 2021

WOW omg Jade I have never read a story like this!! the way it shifts half way through, I could not at all have told you what it was about at the beginning, I love it! definitely deserves shortlisting!

Reply

Jade Young
11:12 May 02, 2021

Thank you for such high praise ;) I'm you liked it <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jade Young
04:43 May 08, 2021

Part two is out😉 I hope you enjoy it just as much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Yolanda Wu
05:35 May 02, 2021

Whoa, you totally had me glued until the very end! The story was so heartfelt from beginning to end - obviously, the ending was a real twist, I totally didn't see it coming! I loved how you so delicately wrote the relationship Danica shares with her mum through books and how much they mean to her. How she didn't care about it, and then she started caring. I loved Danica's voice and the way you wrote the story down to every word choice - it felt so intricate and rich, but also kind of like I was floating on a cloud. This was amazing, Jade! Wo...

Reply

Jade Young
11:11 May 02, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment :D I'm glad you picked up on the sort of dream-like/floating on cloud quality. Since books have been a huge part of Dani's life, I wanted to capture the dream-like quality of the stories in books that comes with their escapism. I'm really glad you enjoyed my story, and hope you like part two just as much when it comes out🥰

Reply

Yolanda Wu
11:43 May 02, 2021

Yay! I'm so excited for part two! Make sure to tell me when it comes out. :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jade Young
04:42 May 08, 2021

Hey Yolanda, congrats on the much deserved win🥰❤ Part two of my story is out😉 I hope you enjoy it just as much!

Reply

Yolanda Wu
07:27 May 08, 2021

Thank you for the congrats! I'll check out your story as soon as I can. :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
00:28 May 02, 2021

very well written! A lot better than mine. I can't believe you like mine after reading this. What I would like to know, but you don't have to tell me is if this is a true story? The way I read it, it sounds like it would be.

Reply

Jade Young
00:47 May 02, 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my story, I'm glad you liked it❤ This isn't based on a true story that I know of😂🙈 my mom is a scientist who is very much alive, and my family has no legacy or motto, lol, so the fact that Dani's story feels that real to you because of my writing fills me with joy. It's a huge compliment, so thank you😋

Reply

00:48 May 02, 2021

you're very welcome

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jade Young
04:44 May 08, 2021

Part two is out😉 I hope you enjoy it just as much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Sam Ackman
22:07 May 01, 2021

This was an interesting read. For me it started as a sad but sweet story of loss. I was intrigued when a touch of fantasy came in and thought it might be a sweet ending to a moving on story. Changing it to more of a sci-fi twist wasn’t expected. A very interesting version in the prompt!

Reply

Jade Young
23:35 May 01, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment :) I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed my story!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jade Young
04:45 May 08, 2021

Part two is out😉 I hope you enjoy it just as much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Marie Bishop
16:16 May 01, 2021

Ooh, this was really good. I absolutely felt drawn into the story. You captured the feelings of grief so expertly and your portrayal of Dani, and her relationships with her mum, and brother were just right, as in they felt comfortable like you would with people you know and love. Thank you for sharing this. Marie

Reply

Jade Young
16:21 May 01, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment ;D I'm glad you enjoyed reading about Dani's story and her relationship with her mom!

Reply

Marie Bishop
16:23 May 01, 2021

I just need to know what happens...... :D

Reply

Jade Young
16:24 May 01, 2021

You mean like a part two?

Reply

Marie Bishop
16:35 May 01, 2021

yes!! I mean it's a parallel world, it's like the scene in Dr. Who episode 'Doomsday' ( David Tennant/Billie piper) when they want to be together but they can't because they can no longer cross over. It's beautiful and sad.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jade Young
04:46 May 08, 2021

Part two is out😉 I hope you enjoy it just as much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Valerie June
15:51 May 01, 2021

As a kid, “Charlotte’s Web” was my all time favorite book. It seems like it was Dani’s favorite too. 😃 Your story was so creative, especially the part of a parallel universe. Loved this!

Reply

Jade Young
16:05 May 01, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment ;D Charlotte's Web was my favourite too growing up, so I'm really glad you were able to identify with Dani through her love for the novel, and that you liked my story as a whole!

Reply

Valerie June
16:07 May 01, 2021

I still remember the first line, “Where's Papa going with that axe?”

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jade Young
04:47 May 08, 2021

Part two is out😉 I hope you enjoy it just as much!

Reply

Valerie June
04:59 May 08, 2021

Thank you for letting me know!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
12:14 May 01, 2021

So glad you're back, Jade! I don't know if you remember me, but I was "owly" back then. Anyways, this is an amazing submission! I can't believe how wonderfully this was put together. Parallel universe! That's amazing and so creative! The pacing and development of the plot were just perfect. Great job, Jade. This was a unique and amazing take on the plot.

Reply

Jade Young
12:39 May 01, 2021

It's good to be back ;) Life was way too hectic, but thankfully I had a break in my schedule enough to make a comeback to Reedsy, lol. And of course I remember you, Owly <3 How have you been since we last spoke? And thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my post-hiatus story ;D As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated and I'm really glad you liked it!

Reply

14:17 May 01, 2021

Yeah, I'm so glad you're back <3 Glad you've caught a break from your busy schedule as well. Reedsy has gone through a whole lot of drama since you've left, so you didn't miss anything, but everything's fine, now. I'm doing well, how're you? I really did like this story a lot :) (I've missed reading your writing!) If you wouldn't mind, I would love your feedback on my new story... it's a little different from the way I usually write though. Welcome back!!!

Reply

Jade Young
15:35 May 01, 2021

I'm glad to hear that everything is okay now, and that you're doing well <3 Whatever happened, I hope it didn't affect you too much. As for me, I've been moderately stressed as usual, but otherwise okay ;D I will give your story a read as soon as I can. I'm sure it'll be amazing ;)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Wizard Oblivion
12:04 May 01, 2021

The way you had narrated the story was unbelievable too. A girl who doesn't like the old family legacy and living with the hate of living it, discovering a secret way to communicate with her mom! Haha for a second while reading I had thought that she was hallucinating, but parallel universe. Thats something I could have never thought of. The characther development blew my mind. Every characther had their own traits and flaws like the protagonist's brother. He had a knack for sarcasm. The way you delivered the concept, 'show not tell' is ve...

Reply

Jade Young
12:32 May 01, 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment :D I'm really glad you enjoyed my story, and that you liked my characters. As a fan of your recent story, your feedback and praise mean a lot to me, so thank you :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Wizard Oblivion
11:57 May 01, 2021

I am amazed. While trying to write my submission for this prompt, a bookstore never came to me. It is amazing how you sincerely brought your idea to life. Your story had a certain depth. I don't know how to explain it, but your story was more than just mere words. It conveyed deep emotions with which I could resonate.

Reply

Jade Young
12:34 May 01, 2021

Thank you, I'm glad Dani's story resonated with you beyond words lol ;D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Charli Britton
14:08 May 07, 2021

There. Are. No. Words. You description is literally amazing. I was hypnotized it felt like. Like someone was singing me a lullaby, and then rudely it took a dark turn. I was very surprised, and I am very interested. Wow. You have clear talent. Also, as I was reading your Bio, I saw that your a Grishaverse fan? I have yet to read Shadow and bone, but I LOVED six of crows and it's sequel. I started watching the series on Netflix, my only problem is, I don't get a lot of time for TV, so it's progressing slowly, but I LOVE LEIGH'S BOOKS! I ap...

Reply

Jade Young
04:31 May 08, 2021

Hey Charli🥰 Firstly, thank you so much for the high praise of my story, I'm really glad you enjoyed it❤ As for the grishaverse stuff, all I can say is yes. Yes to everything (especially six of crows😉❤, all six of them have my heart and kanej is like my favourite otp ever🥰). Shadow and bone isn't bad, and I hate the fact that I'm saying this because as a bookworm it's supposed to be taboo to say this... But in the case of S&B, it's one of those times when the show is better than the book😂💔 there's nothing wrong with the book, it's just that...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Arai Wedgwood
01:26 May 07, 2021

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO There's more right?

Reply

Jade Young
15:14 May 07, 2021

Yes there is ;) Part two will be called "Au Revoir"

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jade Young
04:34 May 08, 2021

Part two is out😉

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Merry Marcellino
11:54 May 06, 2021

Outstanding! I love the twist! I couldn't stop reading until I got to the end!!!

Reply

Jade Young
12:08 May 06, 2021

Thank you :) I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jade Young
04:35 May 08, 2021

Part two is out😉 I hope you enjoy it just as much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Shadow Novak
20:04 May 05, 2021

I thought it an interesting read, your diction is well thought out, and your characters have substance considering how constrained the word count is for submissions. You also have a good handle on pacing, you kept me engaged throughout the piece, thought it was really great work, and I hope you decided to blow this out as a novella of some kind, it's a good story, but I wonder if you met the mark for the prompt—I didn't get any real mention of a meticulous habit for the documenting and cataloguing of your character's life, though you did men...

Reply

Jade Young
22:47 May 05, 2021

Thank you so much for reading and commenting 🥰 I will definitely take your feedback into consideration when writing up part two of this story😉

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Francis Daisy
18:46 May 05, 2021

OH! I love a good mystery, and you nailed it! I was glued!

Reply

Show 0 replies
15:59 May 05, 2021

WOW! That was so good. I enjoyed it so much and I didn't want it to end. Very original, I didn't see that twist coming at all. Are you going to continue it later with a different prompt?

Reply

Jade Young
17:38 May 05, 2021

Thank you so much for reading and commenting, I'm glad you enjoyed my story🥰 I'm definitely planning on continuing the story soon😉

Reply

18:21 May 05, 2021

Good :) I'll keep an eye out for it then :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ruth Smith
15:39 May 05, 2021

Wonderful story! It kept me on the edge of my seat!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Rheo Graham
14:38 May 05, 2021

Wow, really nice job! Like everyone else (I'm betting) I want to know more! 😄

Reply

Jade Young
14:43 May 05, 2021

Thank you ;) I'm glad you liked it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jade Young
04:38 May 08, 2021

Part two is out😉 I hope you enjoy it just as much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Izzie P.
14:23 May 05, 2021

Make a part 2. And 3. And 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. Or, you could make it a trilogy. Bestseller material!

Reply

Jade Young
14:34 May 05, 2021

Thank you ;) I'm glad you like my story!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jade Young
04:39 May 08, 2021

Part two is out😉 I hope you enjoy it just as much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.