An Overdue Reunion (Part 2 to Next gen)

Submitted into Contest #76 in response to: Write about a character who is incapable of telling even the smallest lie or half-truth.... view prompt

356 comments

Fantasy Teens & Young Adult

Harmony and Arren were sitting on the couch and had been deep in a conversation. "Come on, what took you so long this time? Hades and Persephone usually let you leave for a while much earlier..."

He faintly fidgeted with his fingers as if he was thinking about something, he sighed and finally said, "Oh you know...Persephone just really wanted to be with us a bit longer. And maybe something else..."

Don't ask any other questions, please don't ask any other questions. He'd probably be upset if anyone else knew, Arren thought as he fidgeted with his fingers again.

"Arren, I know that-"

Harmony didn't have enough time to finish her sentence, as the front door suddenly burst open with two figures stepping inside. The first was Lia, who was in her wolf form at the moment, and Zio was standing next to her.

Wait a minute, didn't I lock that door earlier? Did they break my door?? Harmony thought. I swear if either of them broke it, they're gonna have to...

She had been snapped out of her thoughts by Lia, who was still in her wolf form and had almost tackled her onto the ground with attempting to hug her. "Oof! Lia, could you turn back real quick?" she laughed lightly.

"So, what have you two been doing while waiting for us? I hope we didn't miss anything."

She shook her head and told her two friends, "Oh you don't need to worry about that at all. We have just been catching up a small bit since he's been gone."

Lia then turned to look at her husband, who had taken a seat by Arren, and then asked, "What have you been doing Z? Something seems a little off..."

"Oh...um...nevermind that stuff! Why don't you and Harmony tell us what you've been doing and everything? That's probably way more interesting." He gave Arren some sort of look before looking back at them, hoping that they wouldn't question him about anything else.

"What? Come on Z, why won't you-"

Harmony put a hand on her friend's shoulder, "Lia whatever is going on, they probably won't say. At least for a little while... let's just wait it out."

Lia sighed as her tail twitched in annoyance before finally sitting down next to Zio. Well with whatever it is, I just hope that it's nothing terrible...

Harmony sat down next to Arren and one of her wings wrapped around him. "So...do you guys wanna hear about anything from me first?"

The three of them seemed to stare at each other for a good five seconds, before turning back to look at her and then all proceeded to nod. Almost seemingly in unison, she could hear them say, "Sure why not."

She then explained to the three of them, "Well the stuff I've done isn't really that interesting, Though I am going to meet up with Set and discuss a couple of things."

Arren spoke up, "Could I come with you?"

"Oh, I wish you could though unfortunately, I'll be with him whenever you and Zio are back in the underworld. Though maybe some other time?"

All four of them remained silent for a few seconds while trying to think of what else to say. Lia's tail twitched again before she awkwardly coughed to break the silence and spoke, "Um hey Z?"

He almost jumped out of his skin and quickly stopped whispering to Arren, who didn't move at all but had this small shocked look on his face. "O-oh! Yeah, Lia what is it?"

Harmony and Lia glanced at each other, thinking the same thing, and asking in unison, "What have you two been doing lately?"

Zio looked towards Arren, who seemed like he was refusing to speak at the moment, and just motioned towards Zio. "Come on Z, is something going on that we shouldn't know about?"

He lightly chuckled and then said, "Oh it's really nothing at all...We've just been mostly wandering around the underworld and uh...you see...."

"We're waiting Zio..."

"We sorta forgot that today was the day that we were supposed to visit- wait no! Persephone and Hades were just making us do a couple of things, and we were gonna..."

Arren mentally facepalmed as he watched the embarrassing scene unfold in front of him. Oh my gosh, this is so stupid...they probably don't even believe this. Why did he decide to try and do this?

He quickly covered his friend's mouth before anything else embarrassing could happen. How could he even let it get this far? "Alright Alright listen, we'll tell you what's really been going on..."

Lia then said while almost laughing, "You better do it now, neither of you can lie to save your life...that was terrible." Or should I actually say afterlife?

"We're all ears, now please tell us."

Zio moved away from Arren to uncover his mouth and then spoke with a small sigh, "Listen I'm going to go find Zeus and have a small...' chat' with him."

Harmony's wings shot up in surprise as she then asked, "Wait what? Does anybody else know this, besides Arren?" I shouldn't overload them with questions, they probably don't want that much...

"Nope. Nobody besides Arren and the two of you knows about it, not even Persephone or Hades and that's the way I'm wanting to keep it..."

Lia's tail seemed to be twitching a lot more when she then asked him, "Why weren't you going to tell me or Harmony? Did you not trust us or something?"

"No, that's not the reason..."

"Then what?" Lia and Harmony asked in unison.

"The reason I wasn't going to tell anybody was that they'd probably try to get me to stop or they'd start suggesting that they could help me when I do get to Zeus and I don't want anything happening to them, Arren may have found out but he's not going to come with me..."

"Fair enough I guess..." Arren mumbled to himself.

The four of them went silent again, unsure of what to even say or do, that is until Harmony got a perfect idea. A large smile spread across her face, "Zio you need to have some help with him, and I have the perfect idea on who could help you..."

"Who?"

"Well, Zeus does have a lot of children, right? And I'm certain that all of them or most of them would have a problem similar to you..."

January 09, 2021 05:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

356 comments

Hiii

Reply

B. W.
19:40 Jan 10, 2021

hey how are you doing?

Reply

B o r e d Per usual lol

Reply

B. W.
20:54 Jan 10, 2021

Are ya planning on making any new stories?

Reply

Yeah, I’m currently writing a super silly, super crazy, super random one after all my sad Zetta Grace stories, lol. But idk if I’ll finish. You?

Reply

B. W.
21:34 Jan 10, 2021

I already wrote one story, and i wanna write another one but I don't have any ideas.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
04:36 Jan 10, 2021

Any guesses on what will happen next?

Reply

Shae Greyfeather
15:10 Jan 17, 2021

Zeus is going to be eating chips when Zio comes in to have a chat and Zeus is going to be mad that he can't eat his chips. (I'm slightly joking with this)

Reply

B. W.
18:47 Jan 17, 2021

Hm, any other guesses?

Reply

Shae Greyfeather
20:36 Jan 17, 2021

No, not really.

Reply

B. W.
21:16 Jan 17, 2021

If you liked this story, would ya wanna check out some of my other ones?

Reply

Shae Greyfeather
22:35 Jan 17, 2021

Yeah. I've read some of the already.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
14:41 Jan 09, 2021

I think this was a great Greek Mythology story, and you did the dialogue well. Great job!!

Reply

B. W.
18:22 Jan 09, 2021

Thanks ^^ did ya have a favorite part?

Reply

. .
18:29 Jan 09, 2021

When they all met up in the room!!

Reply

B. W.
18:41 Jan 09, 2021

Anything else?

Reply

. .
18:48 Jan 09, 2021

Nope, not really.

Reply

B. W.
18:59 Jan 09, 2021

Is there anything you'd wanna see in the next part?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
18:03 Jan 10, 2021

Hey Blaire can I talk to you?

Reply

B. W.
19:31 Jan 10, 2021

My names not Blaire but sure. What do ya wanna talk about?

Reply

Radhika Diksha
02:16 Jan 11, 2021

You know Abby Right? She got seriously downvoted. I have upvoted her. But she does need all our help.

Reply

B. W.
04:41 Jan 11, 2021

I'll upvote her soon, and yeah I know her. Have other people even started to upvote her yet?

Reply

Radhika Diksha
06:32 Jan 11, 2021

I have already upvoted her.

Reply

B. W.
07:29 Jan 11, 2021

So how ya been?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Upvoted you B! I know it's not a lot...but I hope you are happy! :)

Reply

B. W.
02:08 Jan 10, 2021

Really? Thanks ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Zahra Daya
03:03 Jan 18, 2021

Hey! Just wondering how you 'upvote' someone on Reedsy?

Reply

Oh, so basically you see the triangle which points upward? That's the upvote button. I just did it to you!

Reply

Zahra Daya
17:33 Jan 18, 2021

Ohh okay and thank you so much! Did it back :)

Reply

Aww, thank you! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies

Such a great Greek Mythology twist and an amazing Part 2 B! I think that this was a very interesting prompt, and you continued your sequel really cleverly! Great job! :)

Reply

B. W.
18:58 Jan 09, 2021

Thanks so much ^^ did ya maybe have a favorite part or something?

Reply

Idk, I guess all!

Reply

B. W.
19:32 Jan 09, 2021

Would ya wanna see Set and Anubis?

Reply

B. W.
19:36 Jan 09, 2021

Is there anything you'd wanna see happen with Cleo and the others?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:19 Jan 09, 2021

Great story! I almost thought it was about the movie with the robot, because of the name. :) Do you want to be in my new story for the same prompt? Just tell me your character's: Hair color Eye color Skin color (it's fantasy so it could even be, like, silver or blue if you want to) Age Height Magic power/element Talent Spirit animal Thanks! :)

Reply

B. W.
18:20 Jan 09, 2021

I'm a bit confused, are we having super powers or something in it now? And Can I only have one power/element or could I have a few? and thanks, I'm glad ya liked it ^^

Reply

18:22 Jan 09, 2021

You can ahve up to 2 elements. And yeah, it's kind of super powers.

Reply

B. W.
18:38 Jan 09, 2021

How about this? Hair color: Brown with some purple in them Eye Color: light purple Skin color: very pale looking Age: Eh, I guess around 17. Height: Average height :/ Magic Power/Element: I have a lot of ideas for this, though I can only have two. The first one I guess she could control wind or water. The second power is where maybe she could do something and switch bodies with someone, or something like that, I don't care that much with what you choose for the second one. At least if its interesting. Talent: Maybe she could speak to and und...

Reply

18:40 Jan 09, 2021

Ok! This is a really good character, maybe she's the main character's second best friend? Just because Aerin is her best friend already, but you can still have a cool role.

Reply

B. W.
18:41 Jan 09, 2021

Yeah, I'm fine with that ^^ When do ya think the story will be out, who even is the main character if ya don't mind me asking? Is it you?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Laiba M
16:24 Jan 09, 2021

Very interesting story!~~ I liked how you wrote the part about Zio trying to hide what was going on :)

Reply

B. W.
18:33 Jan 09, 2021

Thanks ^^ did ya have a favorite part or was that Zio trying to hide what was happening?

Reply

Laiba M
18:43 Jan 09, 2021

Hmm, yeah, that was my favorite part. I also liked how he was getting nervous and how the others continued to question him :D

Reply

B. W.
18:57 Jan 09, 2021

What do ya think will happen in the next part?

Reply

Laiba M
02:25 Jan 10, 2021

Zio explaining what was happening :)

Reply

B. W.
03:46 Jan 10, 2021

Is there maybe anything else you'd wanna see happen?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kylie Rudolf
19:32 Jan 18, 2021

Wow, Blair! As I said previously, I love how you make these AMAZING fantasy stories. I also love the ending! 🤍

Reply

B. W.
22:29 Jan 18, 2021

Eh? My name Isn't Blair, though im glad that you liked the story and stuff ^^

Reply

Kylie Rudolf
00:29 Jan 19, 2021

Sorry, what does B.W stand for?

Reply

B. W.
02:23 Jan 19, 2021

B.W. stands for my initials, so my first name does still start with a B at least. Besides my nickname B, some people call me Bri, you could call me either of those if you want? Or guess my actual name if you want. Why did ya think my name was Blair though?

Reply

Kylie Rudolf
05:47 Jan 19, 2021

I thought your name was Blair Witch, like from the movie.😰

Reply

B. W.
07:34 Jan 19, 2021

Oh, I had my name as Blair Witch during October for Halloween and stuff, though i changed it back to B.W. after Halloween passed. A lot of people were changing their names for Halloween as well, so i ended up doing it because why not?

Reply

Show 8 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Up Voter
21:00 Jan 10, 2021

Great story, B.W.! You're a very talented writer. Let me or the marshmallow team know if you're being downvoted!!! Have an awesome day :) Love, Upvoter

Reply

B. W.
21:35 Jan 10, 2021

Thanks, im glad that ya liked it ^^ well the thing is, I've been getting downvoted a lot for a while as someone is targeting me.

Reply

Up Voter
21:41 Jan 10, 2021

Omg, that is horrible! How dare they downvote such an incredible writer >:( I'll try my best to upvote you as much as I can!!! Please comment on my story if you ever are getting downvoted or targeted again! <3

Reply

B. W.
00:12 Jan 11, 2021

How did ya find out about the downvoting and everything else that's been going on here though?

Reply

Up Voter
00:57 Jan 11, 2021

I actually write stories here! I'm not going to reveal my identity, but I noticed that me and many other writers were getting downvoted. That's why I decided to make this account!!

Reply

B. W.
01:42 Jan 11, 2021

You don't have to reveal it but I at least want a little hint if that's alright? Do me and you talk on here and know each other a little bit?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Lucas Zhou
10:23 Jan 23, 2021

Amazing Greek mythology story I rlly like the bit where there was the wolf tackle/hug lol well done

Reply

B. W.
18:03 Jan 23, 2021

thanks so much ^^

Reply

Lucas Zhou
21:26 Jan 23, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
09:56 Jan 20, 2021

Er, I am really bad at understanding mythological fantasy so can you please pleeeeease explain why I can't quite place this with it's first part?

Reply

B. W.
10:22 Jan 20, 2021

These are the original characters from my first demi-god series i had on here, you might have to go read the original one to understand some stuff. Though with this spin off, it'll sometimes be switching between Cleo and the others, to the original characters because I didn't want to leave them out of this entirely.

Reply

04:10 Jan 21, 2021

Oh, but all the orginals are soooooo scrambled up, and I really want to reeead them, can you pleeease 'state them in order', plz? And would you mind checking out the only submission i have put out? I would really will have to know more than just how to put up footnotes in word if i have to be called an author and would like comments from people who write 'alluring' stories. (I am not using hyperbole, that's the nearest word i found in my tresurus)

Reply

B. W.
04:47 Jan 21, 2021

1. The goddess child 2. the camp 3. not his fault 4. her arrival 5. getting her back Can ya leave some feedback? I'd like to see what ya think, and yeah I'll check your thing out soon.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
04:10 Jan 21, 2021

Oh, but all the orginals are soooooo scrambled up, and I really want to reeead them, can you pleeease 'state them in order', plz? And would you mind checking out the only submission i have put out? I would really will have to know more than just how to put up footnotes in word if i have to be called an author and would like comments from people who write 'alluring' stories. (I am not using hyperbole, that's the nearest word i found in my tresurus)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
21:56 Jan 15, 2021

Good job! This was short but intense. Wonderful! -Brooke

Reply

B. W.
23:17 Jan 15, 2021

Did ya have a favorite part?

Reply

23:25 Jan 15, 2021

Hm... Prob when Arren mentally facepalmed himself. That was funny

Reply

B. W.
23:26 Jan 15, 2021

Anything else?

Reply

23:28 Jan 15, 2021

I don't think so! :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Eeeep I love all the names in this one! (Which sounds weird considering one of the names is...uh...MY name, lol, but you get what I mean.) So...what’s up?

Reply

B. W.
06:47 Jan 15, 2021

Nothing much, I'm just kinda thinking of what I'll do for the next part with this and some of the other things, I hope the new prompts are good. What about you?

Reply

Cool! Yeah, I really hope the new prompts are good. Does your school have a long weekend too? cuz where I live, Monday is off, Tuesday is asynchronous (cuz Monday normally is), and Wednesday is off. So with all that time, lol, ima try to write some stories. Have you read any good books lately? 😄

Reply

B. W.
18:08 Jan 15, 2021

I'm reading a good book right now actually, I recently just got Pet Semetary

Reply

Ooh nice!

Reply

B. W.
23:15 Jan 15, 2021

Have ya ever read it or watched it before?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Up Voter
18:18 Jan 14, 2021

Omg, B! You've been downvoted so much :( I'm really sorry this is happening. You're such an amazing writer. I'll try to upvote you as much as I can! How are you doing today?

Reply

B. W.
19:51 Jan 14, 2021

Thanks ^^ and I guess I'm fine, I'm just really bored and tired.

Reply

Up Voter
19:53 Jan 14, 2021

That's good. Also, I would appreciate it if you check out my latest story on this account.

Reply

B. W.
20:47 Jan 14, 2021

Alright, I'll do that soon.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
05:32 Jan 09, 2021

I 𝓡𝓔𝓐𝓛𝓛𝓨 𝓮𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂𝓮𝓭 reading this!!! It's so fun to see the old characters returning. You already developed their personalities so well in the other parts, that it's really exciting to read about them again! The dialogue was extremely realistic and intriguing and the entire time you made the reader wonder what Zio was trying to hide. It ended on another cliffhanger!!! Can't wait to read the next part, whenever you write it! 𝓐𝔀𝓮𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓳𝓸𝓫!

Reply

B. W.
05:35 Jan 09, 2021

Thanks so much ^^ I didn't want to just forget about the old characters and never have them there or something, so I decided to add them in, sometimes the part will be about them, and another part will be about the kids. Did you maybe have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Maya -
05:37 Jan 09, 2021

I liked how the whole story came together at the end as a whole if that makes sense. :)

Reply

B. W.
05:37 Jan 09, 2021

Even though he isn't in this, Harmony mentions Set, who is another Egyptian god. Would ya wanna see him along with Anubis in this?

Reply

Maya -
05:38 Jan 09, 2021

In the next part? Sure! I don't know much about Egyptian gods but that sounds really interesting!

Reply

B. W.
05:41 Jan 09, 2021

Not in the next part, the next part WITH Harmony and the others. The third part of this will be with the kids again and Set might appear in one of the parts that actually involve Harmony and everyone else, if that makes sense. Anubis would almost definitely appear in a part with Cleo and the others if he does.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Maya -
05:39 Jan 09, 2021

Bye! Ttyl :)

Reply

B. W.
05:41 Jan 09, 2021

Bye ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
04:36 Jan 10, 2021

Hey

Reply

Maya -
04:39 Jan 10, 2021

Hi! How are you?

Reply

B. W.
06:41 Jan 10, 2021

I'm fine, how about you?

Reply

Maya -
13:37 Jan 10, 2021

I'm good! :)

Reply

B. W.
19:30 Jan 10, 2021

do ya like the prompts?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Maya -
22:47 Jan 15, 2021

What do you think of the new prompts? :)

Reply

B. W.
23:17 Jan 15, 2021

I like them, I think I'm gonna make a new part to my demi-god series with one of them ^^

Reply

Maya -
23:19 Jan 15, 2021

Yay!!! Which one?

Reply

B. W.
23:20 Jan 15, 2021

I think the one where it starts to snow in the middle of summer

Reply

Maya -
23:23 Jan 15, 2021

Oh cool! That was my favorite!

Reply

B. W.
23:25 Jan 15, 2021

I will say this, two new characters are arriving in this one :)

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
18:51 Jan 15, 2021

Hey B, would you like to play Skribble (the online pictionary game) at 2:30 EST with me, Mira, Luke, Celeste, Sapphire, Amethyst, Megan, and Isaac?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Maya -
23:54 Jan 13, 2021

I think I might've found a downvoter: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/stop-upvoting/

Reply

B. W.
00:18 Jan 14, 2021

When did ya find them?

Reply

Maya -
00:20 Jan 14, 2021

They followed me just now.

Reply

B. W.
00:21 Jan 14, 2021

I read the bio, maybe they're fine with upvoting but for some reason not the marshmallows?

Reply

Maya -
00:22 Jan 14, 2021

They have many comments that say they hate upvoting and they said they want to downvote people who get upvoted I think.

Reply

B. W.
00:29 Jan 14, 2021

Why don't we just try to ignore them?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
00:22 Jan 14, 2021

Its kinda weird :/

Reply

Maya -
00:23 Jan 14, 2021

Yeah. I kinda want to say something to them, I just don't know what.

Reply

B. W.
00:28 Jan 14, 2021

Maybe they won't be here for long?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
17:35 Jan 11, 2021

Oo this was a nice part 2! You left quite a bit of suspense at what they're going to do at the end, although you hinted at a certain ending. Great job! (Btw, I need a bit of help with something, I could use your help-? It's fine if you don't have the time for it tho ^^)

Reply

B. W.
17:44 Jan 11, 2021

Thanks so much ^^ Did ya have a favorite part or anything like that? Alright, what do ya need help with?

Reply

17:45 Jan 11, 2021

The ending was my favorite part. And the reason I need help is that I need to write poetry about me for an assignment, and I have no clue what to do. I was wondering if you had any ideas, cause I'm trash at poetry-

Reply

B. W.
17:47 Jan 11, 2021

I suck at poetry as well :/ though maybe you could do a poem about whats great about you or what you like doing?

Reply

17:49 Jan 11, 2021

Hmm ok, well thanks for helping! Cause that gave me an idea ^^

Reply

B. W.
18:21 Jan 11, 2021

Do ya need help with anything else?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.