21 comments

Fantasy Gay Sad

A second part for my story Dead End. Ari's first mission. You should probably read the first part.


ARI'S POV:


Room 101, The paper reads. Jonathan Micheals.

This is my first job.

I scan the page. I’m wearing a white cloak, with the hood over my head. Luke said that white means you haven't been put into a color yet.

"You've got this." Celeste says. "Just help him move on."

I nod. "Wish me luck."

"You don't need it." Iris says.

I don't know about that. I've only been training for a week. So this could go badly. Still, I walk into the hospital.

When I’m in front of room 101. I look through the small window on the door. A paleish man lays on the bed, eyes closed, his black hair splayed around his head. 

I’m about to go in, when I see another man beside him. He’s sitting in a chair by the bed. He has a book open in his lap, and it looks like he’s reading to the man in the bed. Their fingers are laced together, laying on top of the blanket. 

I walk through the door, towards the man in the bed. Jonathan. The other man can’t see me, and keeps reading. 

“Jonathan.” I say softly, touching his forehead. 

This is where it gets confusing. 

Since the other man is in here, I can’t let him see me, but I still have to talk to Jonathan. So, I call the conscious part of his soul out. A replica of him appears over his real body, and opens his eyes. But he’s not looking at me.

“James? Why are you here? James? Hello? James!” He waves a hand in front of the other man's face. Nothing. He tries shaking his shoulder. His hand goes right through.

“Are you done?” I ask him.

He looks at me. “Who are you?”

“Not important. I’m here to-are you even listening?”

He turned back to stare at the other man, James. “I don’t get why he’d come here.”

“Look, I’ve got a job to do.” I say. “So can we please-would you quit staring at him?”

He doesn’t. “Why does he still love me?”

“I don’t know.” I sigh. “Why wouldn’t he?”

“I…” He takes a deep breath. “I cheated on him a couple times. He knew, but he didn’t say anything until he caught me at our apartment.”

I squint at him. “I know this isn’t helpful, but that’s seriously a bad move.”

“I know. But I wasn’t thinking straight. He told me he didn’t want to be together anymore, and left. I understood, but I still love him. I didn’t want to lose him. So I went chasing after him. I was following his car, but I was going too fast, and I was crying, and I wasn’t paying attention…” His voice breaks. He hasn’t looked away from James, who laughs at something, then looks over at Jonathan’s real body sadly, squeezing his hand. “I don’t know what happened for sure, but I guess I crashed the car. He probably thinks it’s his fault.”

He falls quiet, watching James. 

“We’ve been best friends since forever. I didn’t ever plan on telling him how I felt, but he admitted he liked me in high school, so we decided to date. I really do love him, but that didn’t stop me from getting with other people. I knew that it was really stupid, but I still did it. I wish I didn’t.”

James stops reading, and starts talking to Jonathan’s real body. 

“I’m sorry Jon,” He murmurs. “This is all my fault. If I didn't leave…”

“No, no, no, it’s not your fault.” Jonathan whispers. “It’s me, I don’t deserve you. Don’t blame yourself, please.”

He looks like he’s going to cry.

“Look,” I say. “I’m sure you’ve figured out why I’m here?”

He nods, eyes on James. “You’re going to kill me, right? Or am I already dead?”

“Well, my job is technically to help you leave your old life behind. So if you swear that you’ll change, I might be able to let you live.”

He frowns, looking over at me. “Is that allowed?”

“It probably isn’t, but I don’t really care. Do we have a deal?” I ask, putting a hand out.

He stares at it for a moment, then takes it. “Thank you.”

“Before I bring you back, you need to know that James deserves a huge apology. You’ll probably see me again some day, and I’ll make sure you're keeping your promise.”

He nods. I snap, and he disappears. I wait until James gets up to leave to let him wake up.

“James,” He croaks.

He spins around, eyes widening. “Jon?” 

My work here is done. I stand, and walk out.

                                                                

 ?


James moves to the bed, gripping Jonathan’s hand. “Jon, I’m so sorry, it’s all my fault-” 

“Shh.” He says. “It’s not your fault. It’s mine. I’m sorry for cheating so much. It wasn’t fair to you. I don’t know how you still care about me, but I’m really glad you do. If you’ll let me, I’ll be a better boyfriend. If not, that’s okay. I-”

“Jon, don’t be stupid, of course I want to be with you. I love you more than anything in the world. I couldn’t live without you. Oh, shoot, I need to get the doctor.”

He stands, and rushes out of the room. Jonathan closed his eyes, determined to keep his promise.

                                                           

   ?


ARI'S POV:


"Well," Luke says to me. "That's definitely not what I would've done."

"I couldn't just do nothing! He was so sad!" I argue.

Celeste nods. "I agree, I would've done the same thing."

"Which is exactly why you guys aren't Black's." Iris sighs. "Not much we can do now, though."

"Uh, how are we supposed to get back?" I ask. I'm not even really sure how we got here.

Celeste wiggles her fingers. "Magic."

She snaps, and the hospital seems to fall into itself, and when I open my eyes, we're back at the castle.

"Now it's time for the fun part! We get to fill out forms about what happened!" Iris says, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "And we'll hope we don't get in trouble."

We walk down the hall to go fill out papers.



Challenge question: What do you think will happen with Jon and James? Write it in the comments. Hope you liked it!✌️



January 04, 2021 22:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

21 comments

. .
23:43 Jan 04, 2021

This was great!! Which one was I???

Reply

Ari Berri
00:03 Jan 05, 2021

You were in Dead End, this one is of Ari's first misson.

Reply

. .
00:04 Jan 05, 2021

Yeah I figured that out lol.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kendall Defoe
23:00 Jan 04, 2021

You delirious weirdo! Thank you!

Reply

Ari Berri
23:04 Jan 04, 2021

XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Chloe McLellan
13:10 Jun 10, 2021

I think they die or become a Glean. That would be cool. Great series! I love them!

Reply

Ari Berri
00:21 Jun 25, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Shae Greyfeather
21:49 Jan 08, 2021

I think they will have a nice and happy relationship.

Reply

Ari Berri
21:50 Jan 08, 2021

😁

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
22:38 Jan 06, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ari Berri
17:05 Jan 06, 2021

I'm working on the third one!

Reply

Ari Berri
20:04 Jan 06, 2021

It's done.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ari Berri
21:49 Jan 05, 2021

XD

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
17:09 Jan 05, 2021

Great story. I loved your new profile pic. But why do you keep changing your names?

Reply

Ari Berri
17:28 Jan 05, 2021

Thank you! I change my name when someone guesses who it is.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
21:01 Jan 08, 2021

GREAT SECOND PART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg this series is def one of the best ones I've ever read!!!!!!

Reply

Ari Berri
21:02 Jan 08, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.