38 comments

Fantasy Gay Thriller

Here's the second part to Before you go!


Carlos' POV:


"Leo, I told you, I'm sorry. I had to do it." I say miserably.

He refuses to look at me.

Leo's tied up tight against a tall pole. The entire room is lit up so he can't get shadows from anywhere. He hasn't said a word to me since he woke up.

I sigh, and stand up. We're in a small room, with one chair. I'm about to go to the door, when he speaks.

"Why?" He asks softly.

I turn around, biting my lip. "My dad. He has my mom and sisters. He said if I didn't help him, he'd kill them."

"Oh, and he can kill me? I thought you loved me." He snaps.

I look away. "I won't let him kill you."

"And how are you going to do that?" He asks. "It's not like you'll stand up to him."

I wince. He's right. "I won't let him."

"What does he want me for?" He asks.

I sigh again. I'm really not supposed to tell him this. "My dad's the co-leader to the Deathbringers."

"What?" He says. He actually looks scared.

The Deathbringers is the assassin group that rivals his. I’ve refused to participate until now. 

I look away. "I've got to go."

"Of course you do." He mutters. 

I open the door, but before I leave, I tell him, "And I do love you, Leo."


------------


"What? Dad, no. You promised." I say, stepping in front of the door.

He smirks. "Carlos, you should know better than to trust people by now."

I can't do anything as he walks into the room Leo's in except follow him along with the five guards he's bringing along. Leo doesn't look up. His hair covers his face.

"The famous Rez." My dad sneers, walking over to him. "Not so powerful now, huh?"

He doesn't answer, and continues looking down. What is he doing?

My dad stops in front of him, giving him a once over.

"This is the guy that's been killing all out guards? He's pathetic!" My dad says, howling with laughter.

Leo looks up. "I wasn't so pathetic when I nearly killed you."

My dad nods at the guards, and one of them steps forward, and punches him in the stomach. He groans, his head dropping back down.

"I'd watch my mouth if I were you, boy." He snarls.

My dad doesn't go near him. He's afraid, but is trying not to show it.

Leo. I try to get his attention.

It doesn't work. But I do notice something.

His hands are slowly turning black, and are starting to steam. How? There aren't any shadows, how can he- Oh.

My dad and the guards walked right into his trap. They're standing around him, covering him in shadows.

He looks up at me, his eyes swirling with darkness. He mouths one word before shutting his eyes.

Run.

I don't. I'm not going to leave him here. I shut the door, looking through the window to see what happens.

Another guard steps towards him, then there's a sudden explosion of black, covering the entire room. Almost all of the lights are extinguished,

The shadows curl away from the middle of the room, where I can see the silhouette of a person who must be Leo.

He steps into one of the lights, and my eyes widen. His skin is black, but swirling with shadows. His eyes are bright, but still black, and he's laughing hysterically. A coil of darkness shoots out from under the door, and down the hallway. It comes back a second later, carrying his knife.

I can see the shape of the guards on the floor. They sit up, suddenly terrified. Leo walks over to one, the knife gleaming in his hand. I look away as he brings the knife down.

When I look back, I can tell the guards are dead. The shadows move away from them, and towards my dad, who is trying to scramble away.

"Not so pathetic now, huh?" Leo cackles as the shadows wrap around my dad. It lifts him into the air, wrapping tight around him.

My dad twists, trying to escape. It's no use. The shadows cover everywhere but his head.

"I'm going to kill you slowly." Leo hisses. "Just like you killed my father."

What? I didn't know that.

"And you know what? You deserve it." He says.

My dad scowls. "You've killed as many people as me."

"I had good reasons. You killed my father because you were jealous." He snaps.

My dad doesn't look at him. "So you just want revenge? That's childish of you."

"Also, you hurt your own son without a second thought." He snarls.

My dad laughs, but it's forced. "That's what he deserves. It's not right to be that way."

"Then why were you in love with my dad?" Leo smirks.

My dad pales, and I know it's true. "How do you know about that?"

"My dad told me. He loved you too." He says.

For the first time, my dad is speechless. "He..."

"Yeah, he did. If you hadn't ben so stupid, he might still be here." Leo says.

My dad looks shocked. Then his face hardens again. "I don't care. I'll kill you right-"

"Wrong answer." Leo sighs.

The shadows cover his face, trapping him in a cocoon of darkness.

He gave him a chance. He tried to save him. But my dad's stupid ego got in the way.

Leo's skin is slowly going back to normal. I push open the door, and he spins around, shadows shooting at me. They stop when he sees it's me.

"What?" He snaps.

I bite my lip. "I'm sorry."

"I know." He turns away from me.

"Leo, please." I say, stepping towards him. I know what he's thinking.

I get stopped by a wall of darkness. "No, Carlos."

"Leo-"

"Carlos, I'm going, okay? I'm done here."

I can't stop the tears. "No, please, I-"

"Carlos. Just stop. Please. You're only making this harder."

"I - I thought you loved me."

He doesn't turn around as shadows start swirling around him, blocking him from view.

Before he leaves, he says, "I'm sorry. But I don't love you anymore, okay?"



November 13, 2020 19:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

38 comments

Felicity Anne
01:04 Nov 14, 2020

I got your name!! It's from Harry Potter! Professor Remus Lupin from the Prisoner of Azkaban!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Matt B
18:48 Nov 14, 2020

good story, i think it is very poetic.

Reply

Ari Berri
18:50 Nov 14, 2020

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
. .
20:34 Nov 13, 2020

OH MY GOD YOU'RE THE TOLL NOW!! YAYAYAYAY I love greyson.

Reply

Ari Berri
20:35 Nov 13, 2020

Yes, I am. How did you like this story?

Reply

. .
20:39 Nov 13, 2020

I really like it. It was perfect! It had a lot of emotion in it, and it wasn't too much of anything.

Reply

Ari Berri
20:40 Nov 13, 2020

Thank you. I'm glad you like it.

Reply

. .
21:13 Nov 15, 2020

I smell scythe again. Don't change it, because I keep an emoji leaderboard and it's too hard to change every time, but it was a great choice for a name lol. Do you think you can find out my book puzzle? Think what the first looks like.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
00:58 Nov 14, 2020

I SMELL SCYTHE.

Reply

. .
01:00 Nov 14, 2020

YEAH I LOVE IT MY SCYTHE NAME IS SCYTHE VON KARAJAN

Reply

01:01 Nov 14, 2020

I’m Scythe Tolkien, lol. Also, Neal Schusterman is awesome all around. 👌

Reply

. .
01:01 Nov 14, 2020

Yeah, oh tolkien is an awesome one.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Magdalene Lam
07:06 Dec 08, 2020

Wait, is there a Harry Potter discussion in here? I would LOVE to join in. Anyways, Good job on the story, Potter.

Reply

Ari Berri
15:19 Dec 08, 2020

Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

I loved it! Great work!

Reply

Ari Berri
18:26 Nov 17, 2020

Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

Reply

Can you read my stories and give me feedback- thanks in advance

Reply

Ari Berri
18:29 Nov 17, 2020

Yeah, of course.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Malz Castell
15:31 Nov 14, 2020

Awesome story. Hope we get a sequel soon. :D

Reply

Show 0 replies

Your Remus Lupin for harry potter! Nice ice!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Vameerah Darren
04:36 Nov 14, 2020

Ok call me crazy but I literally am writing a post apocalyptic romance XD anyways, most of my stories have some form of romance in it, you should check me out, I loved this!

Reply

Ari Berri
18:49 Nov 14, 2020

I will!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Joanna Randolph
16:06 Mar 21, 2022

Nahhhhh bro why so sad at the end seriously bro why I'm crying me and my sister was looking for a ship name for them then they basically broke up.

Reply

Ari Berri
18:43 May 04, 2022

Sorry 🥲

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Wolfy 🐺
16:04 Nov 16, 2020

Happy National Button Day ;D

Reply

Ari Berri
16:07 Nov 16, 2020

Thanks! 😆 I actually forgot about that.

Reply

Wolfy 🐺
16:10 Nov 16, 2020

Lol, I love random facts and probably should spend more time memorizing important things than stuff like this, lol, but i never seem to 😅

Reply

Ari Berri
16:12 Nov 16, 2020

Same. I don't even know how I found that.

Reply

Wolfy 🐺
16:14 Nov 16, 2020

lol, one time i researched the life of a candy corn and annoyed my friends with it for the next two months. I had to study until 2 to pass my exam -_-

Reply

Ari Berri
16:18 Nov 16, 2020

I can memorize everything from I read in books, but not for anything for school.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
01:49 Jan 24, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Ari Berri
02:48 Jan 24, 2021

XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.