You Know You’re Screwed When a Clown Needs World-Saving Help

Submitted into Contest #100 in response to: Start or end your story with two characters sitting down for a meal.... view prompt

208 comments

Fantasy Teens & Young Adult Funny

Nothing screams awkward silence like a cynical hacker and a clown discussing the fate of the world on a date.

Or, the supposed fate of the world, as the meet-up form insisted.

I’m pretty sure it was just a ruse.

And apparently this wasn’t a date.

“Hi, I’m Cy.”

I tried to be friendly first, of course. As a 14-year-old emo hacker stuck with the fantasy name Cynan Moonpine, I felt lucky to have anybody pay me for my hobby. But pay they did, and the variety of people coming to me was constantly astounding; today it was a brightly-dressed clown who requested this fancy restaurant for the meet-up, on her.

By hacking, I mean nothing illegal, nothing crazy. I was just a dramatic computer nerd trying to make some money, and besides—it was fun finding backdoors and glitches online.

So here we were.

And then there was the clown.

“Hi,” she said, makeup caked on her face, complete with plastic glasses, a crimson wig, and the whole shabang of a costume. “You’re the hacker?”

“Yeah,” I said, then jumped right in. “So…what do you want? Revenge? Hackin’ back a bad hacker who stole all your money? Something more chill like computer help? Getting back a permanently deleted file? What?”

“Actually, I was kind of hoping you’d be the bad hacker today.”

My eyes widened. “Pardon moi?”

She sighed. “Don’t look at me like that. You’ve got it all: shaggy black hair, dark eyes, black clothes and sunglasses. You’re obviously the kind of kid who’s going to try to take over the world someday. Let’s keep this hushed-up and you walk away with all the money you want. Remember what I said about the fate of the world?”

I sputtered a few curses. “Wha—what do you mean, clown girl? What are you asking me to do and why does it sound like there’s gonna be threats involved?” 

“Don’t call me that. This is a disguise.”

My eyes widened. “From whom?”

“This doesn’t matter,” the clown pressed. “Listen to me, Cy. I want you to hack into the biggest bank accounts in the world and hand it all over to me.”

My eyes widened further. At this point I was on the road to looking like a cartoon character.

“And it sounds like there will be threats involved because there will be,” she added coolly.

Before I could react (or get away), a waitress stopped by our booth, taking in the scene. “Hello, welcome to the Lily May Diner, how may I h—”

The clown waved her off. Immediately the waitress stopped, eyes flaring red as her hands dropped to her hips and she walked off.

I stared at the clown, warning signs shrieking in my mind. “How did you do that? And what’s your name, anyways?”

“Call me Valentina,” she says. “No more questions now. I need money, lots of it, and we need to hurry.”

“Why do you need money if you can afford this?” I gestured to the restaurant.

“Not for me. For him.”

I didn’t like this. I started edging out of my bench. “I’m just going to go…” 

Valentina clamped a hand on my shoulder, but before she could stop me, shouted, “Duck!”

BOOOOOOM!

She shoved me down just as an explosion rattled in the distance, a shock wave crashing into the wall behind Valentina. My head disappeared under the table and I felt chunks of plaster raining down. More booms echoed in the distance and my breath caught under the table—a string of explosions going off in the distance.

I inhaled raggedly as Valentina yanked me up again. She was streaked with soot but not damaged in the least, which I could barely believe since the view of the Arizona desert was clear behind her. There was no wall, chunks of plaster littered across the table. I narrowly survived, so how did she?

I did not like this, not one bit. I was cool with retrieving “permanently gone” adorable cat videos for $50. I was not okay with this mysterious female clown, her rushed threats and now explosions.

“How are you—”

“Listen, Cynan,” Valentina said, holding my shoulders. “I am deeply in debt to a certain man who will stop at nothing to inflict punishment. The world will burn without your immediate help. Will you?”

I could only think of one thing at the moment.

I ripped off her wig, glasses, and nose in one swipe, splashing my water cup on her for good measure, determined to find out who this lady really was.

I gasped.

In front of me was the most beautiful person I’d ever seen. Dark curls waterfalled down from under the wig, tanned skin and wide hazel eyes. Even through her dripping makeup I was hypnotized.

Not even fazed, Valentina scowled, “Oh, why’d you have to do that?” 

She yanked me through the hole in the wall and dragged me a solid hundred feet into the desert, the screams of fleeing people behind us fading. She pushed my computer into my hands. “Are you going to help you or not?”

Before I could answer, another series of BOOMS! echoed across the desert. I couldn’t think to react, my eyes just squinting shut in contrast to the overpowering sound.

Silence.

I was alive.

I opened my eyes, shocked I still eXiStEd. Glancing around, a ten-foot beaming shield surrounded Valentina and I, swirling green energy in a dome. The gorgeous girl, maybe in her early 20’s, had completely transformed—her clown costume and remaining makeup was gone, now dressed in a fitting white blouse, pleated mini skirt with a gold hem, a thick golden belt wrapped around her waist. Her makeup was replaced and now she was literally ten feet tall.

Well then.

“O-okay,” I stuttered, my body becoming one giant heartbeat. One thing was for sure through the chaos of the last ten minutes: I didn’t have a choice but to help this used-to-be-clown. Hacking into super-security digital banks seemed like a breeze compared to meeting whatever was in the distance. “But one thing. Before I help you, you’ve gotta explain.”

At first I was worried Valentina would refuse and I’d be left more confused and panicked than ever, but her eyes just gleamed. “Can I trust you?”

“…Yes?”

She took a deep breath. “I hope you’re telling the truth. But okay. Y’know Ancient Greek mythology, Zeus and Hera and all that?”

“Yup.” 

“So that stuff exists.”

I blinked at her. “Like, Latin class? Is real?!”

She chuckled. “Yeah.”

“And are…are you a god?”

She laughed again. “…Yeah.”

I gaped.

“Well…maybe I should be more specific. I’m Aphrodite’s daughter. With whom? I dunno. I’m basically a minor god, not of anything in particular, just a girl with some magic. Also, the guy I owe is Hades.”

I choked, pointing to the distance. “That’s Hades?”

“Uh-huh.”

I started pacing. “Don’t you think you should have mentioned your pissed off the frigging god of the Underworld before putting my life in danger?”

“Oh, PLEASE. Everyone’s lives are in danger if you don’t hurry up and help.”

“Gimme a second,” I said. I wanted a little more info first. “What happened between you and the god of the dead?”

Another boom rang out, the wave crumbling when it hit Valentina’s force field. I wasn’t even fazed. She said, “I, uh, might’ve charmed like ten thousand ghosts to come to Earth as my own private army. And steal a lot of Hades’ riches on the way here.”

“Uh.”

“And ghosts are totally careless so they destroyed it all.”

“Um. Yikes.”

“So yeah, I owe Hades like a billion dollars and I didn’t even get my army.”

I stared at the pouting goddess. “Can’t you get the money yourself? And doesn’t Hades just have more gold or whatever?”

Valentina laughed dryly. Boom! “Wow, get the money myself. Why didn’t I think of that? But no, Cy. Goddesses can’t directly interfere with human wealth, just use humans to get us the money that we can exchange with godly currency. And yes, while Hades has much more underground wealth, he is…kinda a butt. Peeved easily and doesn’t forgive and forget much. He’ll easily wipe out half of humanity to get to me.”

I shivered. “Awesome.” 

Another string of explosions rang out, the smoke plumes much closer. “That’s him,” Valentina stressed. “And my shield won’t hold against him directly. You gonna help, hacker boy?”

“Fine, clown girl. Give me my laptop.”

She picked my bag back up and shoved it into my arms. I slid out the silver laptop, the ground quivering as dust and smoke billowed in distant Arizona. I breathed slowly to calm myself as I typed in my password. Half an hour ago, I was vibing at the fancy restaurant. Now the clown had turned into a ten-foot Barbie, saying she was a goddess, and that she needed me to get her money ASAP so Hades didn’t rip apart the world.

Lovely.

“So what do you want me to do exactly?”

“Go to the Bank of America site,” Valentina instructed, hands raised to enforce the shield. “Okay, now open another tab…yeah…yeah, here’s the database of names…possible passwords…perfect.”

Though wholly confused but with Valentina’s instructions, I managed to successfully, however slowly, bypass the security. A cloud rolled over the sun, bitter raindrops falling through the summer weather and bouncing off the shield.

“We’re running out of time,” Valentina hissed, hands poised below the emerald shield.

More explosions echoed. I worked more urgently with the aid of her magic, suddenly knowing all sorts of methods, secret windows and passcodes. I finally reached some rich guys’ bank account.

“Woah,” I said, wide-eyed at the screen. I expected the hidden database’s top user to be rich, but I could barely say the number of online dollars stacked up once Valentina gave me the final password.

BOOM! Boomboomboom!

“Hurry up, Cynan!” Valentina yelped. “Hades taking this long means he has an army—primarily to strike fear, I bet.”

“I am not scared!”

“Liar!” she shouted, kneeling down, elbows bent, the green shield shrinking around us as smoke billowed.

Adrenaline coursed through my veins. I showed her the screen. “We’re in!”

“Whose bank is that?!”

“I dunno, the computer just led me here!”

She peered closer, her goddess body shrinking by the second as her power channeled into the shield. “You idiot! You literally hacked Zeus’ bank account!”

“He has one of those?” I said, clinging to Valentina, then yelped.

Suddenly a human figure rushed out of the smoke and sound outside our shield (now the size of a broom closet, while still-gorgeous Valentina was the size of a human again) and pounded at the dome. I screamed. Other “people” emerged from the dust store now raging above and banged on our faltering shield, but they weren’t really…people. They had the figurines of humans, but six or seven feet tall and pitch black. It was like they were made of darkness—from the front, dark features blurred together, only the whites of their eyes clearly visible. Ink curled off them, sloshing to the ground then evaporating as black mist. Between the cries they made and their size, this army of the dead was a lot freakier than ghosts or zombies.

Yes!” Valentina glanced around, her shield faltering in second-long gaps now. Her face scrunched with effort. “But we can’t afford to waste any more time. This shield will be gone in seconds and we’re going to face Hades.”

“We’ll be okay, right?” I whimpered, hugging my laptop to my chest. It was hard to keep a cool expression in the heat of an attack.

“Maybe. Stealing billions from the most powerful god doesn’t seem very ‘okay’, but at least we won’t be picked apart by Hades if we play this right. At least until Zeus gets a *wind* of this.”

Bang, bang, bang! 

The army continued attacking. Valentina heaved ragged breaths. Now that I knew she was a goddess, it was easy to remember she wasn’t a very powerful goddess. A daughter of the goddess of love and beauty, for gods’ sake.

“Haha, very funny,” I deadpanned. “And yeah, if Zeus ever comes down to bash some heads after his account gets drained, I’m not helping.”

“We’ll see, Cy.” A smile tugged at her lips. “Now— DOWN!”

BANGGGCRASHHHKKKKPOW!

A second after she said the word, the shield was shattered by the fists of the dark army. Green splintered everywhere, pellets of the dome bouncing off me. I clenched my eyes and clung to Valentina, expecting the figures to overwhelm us. But instead my stomach dropped and a cool breeze whisked through my mind.

When I opened my eyes, I was in a different place.

Another cracked desert resembling Arizona, but the sky opened to pitch black, stars consumed by unnatural darkness. An extended spotlight covered us, but a hundred feet off the ground the light melted to black.

I shakily rose to my feet, glancing around. My laptop was in Valentina’s arm, her other around me.

In front of us was Hades.

(I supposed—I could still quite possibly have gone insane.)

Ten yards in front of us was a tall, pitch-black figurine. A huge black cape lined in silver was draped over his body, an old-fashioned knight’s helmet over his head. Emotionless and cold, no exposed skin.

Valentina crouched down and opened my laptop, mouthing one word: Stall.

“…Hi,” I said as Valentina opened the bank account out of the corner of my eye, clicking a button titled “transfer money”. She started chanting softly under her breath. “I supposed you’re Hades? Where are we?”

“A private meeting spot.” Hades chuckled, but it sounded wrong. Like nails on a chalkboard but more ancient, evil. “And yes.”

“What do you want with us?” I demanded, confidence growing. Even if I knew the answer.

Valentina continued typing and chant-whispering. 

“I want nothing with you, young boy,” Hades sighed. “You look bad in black, by the way.” I rolled my eyes. The guy wearing, like, two pieces of clothing said my dark attire was bad. “I want a word with our dear Valentina.” 

One more moment, she mouthed.

I cleared my throat. “Why?”

“You know, don’t you?”

I blinked innocently.

He groaned like rust. “This pretty little menace made away with priceless precious gems and gold. Plus a ghost army. Which is stupid, by the way, because all ghosts do is try to jump-scare you!”

Valentina paid no mind, typing away. She started ritually waving her hands over the laptop. What the heck was she doing?

“Um…sorry,” I told him. “And who are you again?”

“I’m Hades, Cynan. Lord of the Underworld. God of the Dead. That kind of thing.”

I gulped. “Just wanted to confirm.” While the god was a bit more humorous than I expected, I could barely believe this was happening. I mouthed to Val, Hurry up!

Almost done!

“Actually, it’s annoying,” Hades continued. A swirl of mist curled around him. “People always confuse me for Thanos, or worse, Satan. Thanos is the god of death! He kills you! I just give you a nice little afterlife.” He glared daggers. “Unless you were bad, which means you’re going straight to the Fields of Punishment. But yes, it hurts when people call me the Devil! Sorry I like black. Sorry everyone attributes me with sadness. I’m not even the one who’s cheated on my wife like a thousand times!”

He sneered at the sky. 

I would have laughed at his prod to Zeus, but I was more focused on the mini tornado picking up around Hades as his attitude worsened.

The god turned back to me, and I imagined a sick smile spreading across his face. He edged forward, the storm growing. “Now, Cynan, it’s your time to get out of the way. I need to have a chat with Valentina.”

“What? N—”

Val shushed me, standing up. “I’m done.” She smiled sweetly at Hades. “Hey.”

“Hello. Do you prefer death or paying up?”

“Well technically, you can’t kill m—”

“I can sure try,” he interrupted.

My breath caught. This was it. Unless Val managed to get the god his money from Zeus’ bank account, both of us were toast.

“Well, they needn’t be a problem,” she said, smoothing a hand down her skirt though her voice trembled. “We’ve got the money.”

“You do?”

Hades seemed surprised. Valentina nodded, and shakily opened my laptop. She whispered one final Greek verse until her breath, then…

Pop!

A single sheet of paper twirled to the ground next to Hades. The dark god edged closer and picked it up as Val asserted, “That’s it. There’s your money.”

Hades inspected the paper, and then the world melted into darkness.



*



Back at the diner with Val the Clown, we had a lil’ chat.

“So what was that?” I said, still quivering.

“A check.”

“A check?”

She nodded, waving away another waitress. When Hades teleported us out of the strange place, the restaurant was magically restored. None of the people were screaming, so I supposed their memories were wiped clean of the explosions (which they apparently survived). “For a gazillion billion dollars.”

“Not a number.”

She smirked, adjusting her wig. “Hades seemed to accept it.”

I considered this. “So we’re not gonna die?”

“Until Zeus learns this happened, yes, but we’re on good terms so hopefully he’ll let us go.”

You, not us.”

“You’re the one who hacked the account, Cynan.”

I rolled my eyes. “Val.”

She laughed. “Kidding. Thanks for helping me out today. Name your price.”

“Oh, shut up. I’d say no worries, but there were a lot of worries. Still, the hacking-and-world-saving is on me.”

She grinned. “Thanks, Cy. But there’s one thing I am doing for you.” She waved a waitress over and turned back to me, sliding a menu over along with my laptop. “Get anything you want. It’s on Zeus.”



July 02, 2021 03:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

208 comments

Sia S
06:09 Jul 20, 2021

Chiaroscuro, Pt. 9!

Reply

Eyyyyyy noice! (New story out too hehehehe)

Reply

Sia S
15:38 Jul 20, 2021

Tyy Oooooh coollie imma comin

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
𝔻okenai *
03:36 Jul 20, 2021

HIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!! Ok, first of all, these ideas be AMAZING. like, u turned an otherwise bland prompt to a really creative story. HOW. and also, a completely *ahem* relevant question: what's ur favourite scent (BONUS!!: describe it as an overly dramatic scene)

Reply

ACKKK THANK YOU lol~ Oooooooohhhhh hm…that’s a good freaking question. Maybe like the ocean? Like a cool, salty sea breeze scent. AHH I’d do that but I’m hastily responding to a gazillion notifs before I go eat breakfast but another cool question heheh~ Wbu?

Reply

𝔻okenai *
22:49 Jul 20, 2021

Ooooohhhh the ocean is the good one. I luv the beach. I like the smell of rain. because, yes. Overly dramatic scene: The splatter of rain on the roof could almost compare with the claps of thunder. I was watching the trees dance to the sway of the wind as frequent flashes of lightning lit up the gloomy sky. I felt the wet deck under my toes and the water soaking my hair. The petrichor was like perfume, sprayed all across the air.

Reply

Yesss OMG YEA Ugh I love that, very pOeTiC <33

Reply

𝔻okenai *
02:12 Jul 21, 2021

mhm. i AM the poeticest ever (jk)

Reply

yUsSsSss

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Veronica M
01:08 Jul 20, 2021

New banana emoji 🍌 and you should add a new tumblr quote. This one is funny but it's been up for a while :) just a friendly reminder to look for a new one. I'm so excited for your new story! I want to write more submissions so I can be like you!

Reply

Yay thanks lol! Oop yea, I’ve gotta update that~ Thank you!!! I just posted it actually :DD Awwww eek thank you <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
00:17 Jul 20, 2021

heyooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I noticed you wanted randomness? If not... too bad XD 150 comments. That's just. Wow. Shells have a weird feeling...like smooth on the inside, but like rough and hard on the outside tape. Like where did the name 'tape' even come from? when you're just bored, these thoughts fill your head XDDD t h i s m a y o r m a y n o t b e t h e e n d o f t h i s c r a z y c o ...

Reply

OKAY NGL I REALLY APPRECIATE THIS THANKS LOL ooooh omg that must’ve been a huge pain to write lol- oop thank you XD whatcha up to?

Reply

TJ Squared
00:20 Jul 20, 2021

UR WELCOME XDD not at alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll sssssssppppppaaaaaammmmmmiiiiiinnnnnngggggg things are fun lolololololo9lololololol nothin much, tryna to write a story (kinda) hbu?

Reply

ooh nice! Same lol, k i n d a also I know this is random but I thought of it and it’s kinda funny so here: The ultimate awkward feeling when you respond too fast: her: whatcha up to? you: good her: you: her: you: …anna oop- SORRY I’M BEING A SOCIALLY AWKWARD DORK AGAIN GOOD DAY

Reply

TJ Squared
00:25 Jul 20, 2021

XDDDD lolololololl that's how most of my convos go XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD yOu HaVe A gOoD dAy As WeLl Also, I took your form I mean... we could end it here.... but who wants to do that XD so... question, very important, please proceed to scroll down.... wOuLd YoU lIkE tO hEaR a SnIpEt Of ThE sToRy ThAt I'm KiNdA wOrKiNg On??? alsos... #1: 😀 #2: 🌚 #3: Pilgrim's Progress, A W...

Reply

I MEEEEAAAAN it’s less likely to respond too fast and mix up questions on Reedsy but noice lol- (you might’ve read that wrong idk hehe) YUSSSSS LET’S KEEP GOING!!! And ooh yus I’d love to hear a snippet!!!! I actually just finished a weirdly grim and extreme fantasy story too at exactly 2999 words (fr lol) and ima post it tomorrow yay~ Which title sounds cooler? “like choosing between minnows in seas, choose between nightmares and dream...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Veronica M
23:56 Jul 18, 2021

I've reread your bio, like, every day, so here are 77 bananas (I searched up how many days it's been since May 2nd when I first commented the banana emoji) 🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌

Reply

Omg sis lol thanks so much- Eeeeek

Reply

Veronica M
00:22 Jul 19, 2021

Lol you're welcome. I know it's a lot but why not.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
10:05 Jul 18, 2021

gimme an unusual/mysterious phrase/sentence, thank you

Reply

Evergreen rose petals fluttered to the ground, dropping from the sky in the wake of a scream. ;D

Reply

Sia S
16:42 Jul 18, 2021

Wow. So poeticccc :D

Reply

I know right, I’m *dramatic sigh* such a MeAnInGfUl pErSoN On a completely related note, I had two servings of ice cream today and spent ten minutes playing with tape, how are you doing? ;D (See what I mean? Gosh, practically everything I do is dEeP and BoOtIfUl.)

Reply

Sia S
00:33 Jul 19, 2021

Yes, your majesty. Lol, I had fried rice and it was yumm, like- ahh so spicy 👌 (Gosh, my queen!)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Veronica M
01:55 Jul 18, 2021

1. Can you please write a new story? I loveeeeeee them!!! You're sooo funny! 2. I did the quiz thing that you posted!!!!!!!!!

Reply

1. Ack, thank you!!! I’m actually writing a story right now kinda, but while I can’t really shake my constant bits of sarcasm (lol), it’s less funny and more pOeTiC and RaNdoM and DifFeReNt I guess—like less like this story and more like “The Staircase of Writing a Short Story” or “Timelapse” XD So yea, new story maybe coming soon, but it doesn’t have a ton of humor, sowwy- 2. Thankssss!!! :D

Reply

Veronica M
23:49 Jul 18, 2021

That's alright! It sounds awesome! I can't wait to read it!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
N K
11:48 Jul 17, 2021

This was so good! Firstly it was HILARIOUS. And I grew up on books like this so I really loved how you brought in Greek mythology. I loved how the story was so lighthearted and fun to read even while the fate of the entire planet hung in the balance. The characters you created, as always, were so great! I liked the pacing and action in the story and would have loved to read a thousand more words but alas. I think you did a really good job of cutting it down because it didn't feel choppy or like anything was missing. Really really interesting...

Reply

Ack, thank you so much, Natania! Same hehe, I’ve always loved funny mythology books like Rick Riordan and Aru Shah so of course I hadda give it a try *wiggles eyebrows*. Thank you!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
01:09 Jul 17, 2021

jUsT did your pole x3 (DONT QUESTION WHY IM DOING THIS WHEN IM SUPPOSED TO BE HAVING DINNER OK-)

Reply

OOP THANKS HEHE

Reply

19:35 Jul 17, 2021

NP XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Veronica M
00:06 Jul 16, 2021

Poll 1: 🤩 Poll 2: 🌚 Poll 3: Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer I'm so happy that you made new polls! I've become like you, Aerin. I refresh the bell approximately infinity times a day. Help!

Reply

Thank you lol! Oop *yellow dot*

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
21:08 Jul 15, 2021

🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌 ...

Reply

SHANKS LOL (Phew)

Reply

21:30 Jul 15, 2021

MY PWEASURE LOL (ikr lol)

Reply

Show 0 replies
21:33 Jul 15, 2021

#ineedshelps What should I write about?! I don't necessarily want to write a full short story, but I just need *something* to write about

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
21:06 Jul 15, 2021

🤩 ☀️ The Looking Glass Wars - this book is so stinking good! It's the dark, "real" story of Alice in Wonderland. I read this in, like, three days. (I know that doesn't sound really quick, but for me it is. ^^)

Reply

Oooh, thank you! XD

Reply

21:31 Jul 15, 2021

You're welcome!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Philia S
16:26 Jul 15, 2021

POLL #1: 🤩 POLL #2: 🌚 POLL #3: Hmmm, good question, I'm reading the Book Thief rn so yep :)

Reply

Thank you! :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sia S
05:43 Jul 15, 2021

Chiaroscuro Pt 8!

Reply

Show 0 replies

OHMIGOSH!!!!! This story is sooooooooooooo great! Greek mythology is so cool, and I love the way you played it here! It was really suspenseful with the perfect splorsh of funny, and an AMAZING Read!!!!! And the title was sooo funny! Polls: 1- 🍌 2- 🌭 3- 👏 Again, it's somethin' 10-11 at night, but I refuse to sleep. Great story!!!!!!!! :DDDD

Reply

ACKKKKKK thank you so much!!!!!!!!!! This really means a lot :OO (I think I already tallied your votes lol but now there’s new polls ;D Thanks tho!) Tyy!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Robert Consiglio
23:02 Jul 14, 2021

This is very good. The dialogue flows naturally and it's quite interesting. Well done.

Reply

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lily Rama
15:50 Jul 13, 2021

You did such a great job on this story! Very creative. You did such a great job on the dialogue too! Will you check out my latest story? I would really appreciate your feedback!

Reply

Thanks so much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lily Rama
15:50 Jul 13, 2021

You did such a great job on this story! Very creative. You did such a great job on the dialogue too! Will you check out my latest story? I would really appreciate your feedback!

Reply

Aw, thank you so much! Of course :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
17:48 Jul 12, 2021

👏

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sia S
08:48 Jul 12, 2021

Another New story!

Reply

Yay! I’m still on vacation but tbr lol

Reply

Sia S
13:30 Jul 13, 2021

Yay! Okieee lol

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.