201 comments

Funny Fantasy

Author’s note: this story is a prequel to, and uses the same characters as ‘Can You?’ (kind of) and ‘A Recipe for Disaster’. This story can be understood on its own, but you might want to read ‘a Recipe for Disaster’ first to gain better understanding! Enjoy!


I trace my fingers across the intricately carved wood. Why are coffins so pretty? This one is made of smooth, shiny redwood, engraved with images of frolicking animals and a young lady casting a spell. 

The young lady symbolizes my mother, I guess. Now I want to smack the coffin-carver. It seems like a cruel joke, having an image of my mom, alive, on her own coffin.

I stare at the closed coffin, holding back the tears threatening to slide down my cheeks. My eyes are swimming but I’m not going to give into my emotions. Not just because if I do, it’s not certain I’ll be able to control the magic emerging from my feelings, but also because I can’t cry. I won’t cry.

Mom is dead. I can barely believe it. A month ago, she was alive and well. Then, Mom tried to perform a spell. Spells are tricky—they’re much harder than doing plain old magic, but also more convenient once you master them.

Mom is—was—amazing at spells, but even skilled magicians screw up. What was supposed to be a harmless spell to conjure up candy, ‘renilayla’, was mispronounced as ‘remilayla’.

Mispronouncing spells backfires on you.

But ‘remilayla’ is a spell. An illegal spell. The killing spell.

Mom was performing the spell in front of a glass door. Which was a big mistake. The mispronounced spell bounced off the mirror and hit her Mom square in her chest. 

So now, here I am. After the funeral of Ariana Draanen, I’m allowed to have the room to myself for a couple minutes to say goodbye.

Mom’s been dead for weeks, but only now is her funeral. I hate funerals—I mean, I only attend ones for people I care about, which automatically makes them heart-wrenchingly sad. The name Margarita Draanen has only been in three guest books, ever.

I sigh and push my long, brown-with-red-parts hair of my face as I lean down and kiss the coffin. Kissing wood is weird but kissing a dead person is weirder, so this’ll have to do.

I slip out of the funeral room and speed-walk down the hallway. I hate funeral buildings. They smell sickly sweet—even worse than hospital’s smells. 

I dislike hospitals, but funeral places are even worse. In hospitals, people can have their last day of life or their first day of life. For some, the day at the hospital is one of their happiest days, and for others, not so happy of times. At least half of those situations are good…attending a funeral isn't happy at all.

Still, there’s a slim chance Mom’ll be fine. The spell bounced off something, meaning it got less powerful. Doctors have figured out that for a month after somebody died from a reflected spell, they aren’t 100% dead yet.

That means, for a month, there’s a chance to bring back said person. Doctors have been working on engineering a spell for this cause for a while now, and Dr. Brooke thinks they're about to make a breakthrough.

So…maybe Mom’ll be back.

But for now, she’s dead.

Actually, a deceased mother isn’t my only problem.

See, mispronouncing spells is kinda embarrassing. At Enchanted Academy, when a spell blows up in somebody’s face, they’re an immediate laughing stock for eternity.

Unless the spell literally blows up in their face—in which case, they get around a week of pity before the teasing beginnings.

Even worse, the embarrassment can stick through generations. My best friend, Rosalee, is still teased occasionally for her grandfather accidentally exploding his cat fifty years ago.

I’m fourteen, and yet most of my classmates have the maturity of toddlers. The word ‘serious’ literally doesn’t exist, and while senses of humor are very common, empathy’s more rare. Cats dying, humans dying—people will be goaded no matter what.

I’m the daughter of a screw-up—a dead screw-up, but a screw-up nonetheless. It’s been a month since Mom’s embarrassing death, and I haven’t yet been teased, remarkably.

I give myself a month. 

A month until the teasing begins.

Yup, I bet I have a month.

It turns out, I don’t even have a week.



*



It’s been five days since the funeral—it’s Friday. As soon as I walk into Enchanted Academy, I hear murmurs and giggles.

I duck my head down and focus on my boots clacking against the tiles. I trot to my first class, Water Skills. I’m a bit early, so I wait outside the door.

A moment later, Rosalee strides up to me. “Hey, Margarita.”

“Hi,” I say. “Do you notice something…different?”

I scan my surroundings, where clusters of kids are scattered around the halls. Most are whispering amongst one another, occasionally pointing at me and snorting. There’s definitely been a shift in the mood.

“Yeah,” Rosalee says, her blond hair swishing as she swivels her head. “I betcha today’s the day—you’ll start being teased. Sorry, Mara, but it’s been long enough since your mom’s death.”

I bite my lip. “Okay.”

“I’ve got to go to the bathroom. Be right back, m’kay?”

I nod, and Rosalee walks off.

Barely five seconds later, Carter Creed and his band of idiots swagger up to me. Carter’s a short blond-haired boy who loves insulting people. He’s pretty smart, but his followers are…not. 

“Hey, Margarita,” Carter says, smiling.

I shoot him a look. “What?” 

“Donald here has something to tell you.” 

He gestures behind him, and another boy steps up. Donald Black, a brown-haired, green-eyed dumbo who’s very tall and very…ugh. “Why did the chicken cross the road?”

If Enchanted Academy’s anime, question marks would be flashing above my head. I don’t know, and I don’t care. But I’m interested to see how this one would end… “Why?” 

“To get to the screw-up’s house. Now, knock-knock.”

I roll my eyes. I know how this jeer ends. But I specialize in taking burns and firing the flames back at the person—so this’ll be fun. “Who’s there?” I say.

“The chicken!” Donald exclaims.

All the boys, including Carter, crack up.

I laugh too, then say, “And I take it you’re the chicken?”

“Well…yes. Actually, no. Um…yeah.”

“Seems fitting. You’re a coward.”

“What?” Donald gasps. “No!”

“Yup,” I smirk. I fashion my arms into wings: “Buck-buck-buck! I’m a chicken!”

 Donald’s expression crumbles. “I’m not a coward, Margarita.”

“Mmhmm,” I say. “You were too scared to finish your corndog for lunch yesterday!” Strange, I know, but I had a plan.

“I was full!” Donald protests.

I give him a knowing glance. “Chicken.”

Donald glares then races down the hallway. He hollers, “I’M COMING FOR YOU, CORNDOG!” I grin, knowing my plan has succeeded. A day-old corndog (that used to be in the trash) is about to gulped down by a guy who’s way too easy to trick.

I flash a smile at Carter and his goons and walk into Water Skills just as the bell rings behind me.



*



 All throughout first period, I’m peppered with insults. Some are clever, some are not, and most I deflect by turning them on the teen who insulted me. 

I glance at the clock. It’s a quarter till nine, which is the end of Water Skills. Ms. Schmidt is currently explaining how to fashion water into ice sculptures in less than a second.

“Hey, Mara!” Jack whispers.

I stare at the boy. “What?”

“Your mom is really bad at magic. It runs in the family, apparently.”

I scowl at him. “Oh, that wasn’t even funny!”



*



 “Margarita!”

I whip my head around, trying to find the owner of the voice interrupting Mr. McDavitt’s droning on and on. It’s the third period—Potions. Nobody else seems to notice the voice, but then I hear:

“Pssst! Mara!”

I sigh and I peer behind my back. It’s a girl, Ava. Her black hair is twisted into a bun sitting aloof on her head, and her lip-glossed mouth is curled into a smile.

“What?” I groan.

“The ‘80s called. They want their skills back.”

I glare. “Oh, and the 1880s called. They want their insult back.”

The last thing I see of Ava is her mouth dropping open, before I turn back around and continue listening to Mr. McDavitt’s lesson.



*



“Ugh,” I moan as I hear the bell ring, signaling the end of recess. “Seriously?”

Rosalee, who’s swinging on the monkey bars next to me, also groans. “Dang it. C’mon, let’s go in.”   

We start migrating towards the doors when Carter walks up to me. “Margarita?”

I ignore him and Rosalee and I keep going.

Carter follows us. “Margaritaaaaa….”

I start speed-walking, but Carter matches my pace. “Mara!”

“What?” I snap. “I don’t care, Carter! I DO NOT care about whatever insult is about to fly out of your mouth!”

Rosalee creeps away, leaving me to glare at Carter on the empty playground.

“Actually, I wasn’t here to tease you.”

“You’re not?” I squint.

A small smile appears on Carter’s face. “Yup. So…I know we don’t know each other that well, but—”

“Spit it out.”

“—are you single?” Carter blurts.

I blink. And blink again. I’m resisting cracking up right now… seriously, HA! I mean, I know that at age fourteen, it’s not unusual for a couple teens in my grade to have girlfriends and boyfriends, but I sure don’t. 

I have a feeling Carter is about to ask me out or something, which is…weird. Plus, ‘are you single?’ sounds like something a middle-aged woman would ask at a grocery store, not something a teenage boy who knows very well I’m ‘single’ would say.  

Anyways, this is strange, but in a funny way. I’m glad Carter isn’t here to tease me—and boy, am I in luck. We’re about to have a very awkward conversation, I can tell, but I’m going to make Carter regret ever walking up to me.

I bat my eyes at him. “No, I’m plural.”

Carter frowns. “I mean, are you free on Saturday?”

“Actually, I’m rather expensive that day.”

“W-well…well—” Carter sputters.

I smile. “Yes?”

“Are you open on Saturday?”

“No, I’m closed on Saturday, sorry.”

“Y-you know what I mean.”

“Hmm, I guess so,” I say. “Well, yes, I guess I’m open on Saturday.”

“Umm…do you wanna catch a movie?”

“I’ve heard they’re rather hard to chase down, actually.”

Okay, I’m really about to break. This is hilarious! Carter’s saying all the wrong things, meaning whatever's flying out if his mouth is perfect for me to turn on him. 

 “Margarita,” Carter says slowly, “do you want to watch a movie with me on Saturday?”

“There’s a chance,” I say.

Carter nods eagerly. “What chance?”

“Count the stars in the sky.”

“Yes!” he hollers, pumping a fist up. (Wow, Carter, way to play it cool.) Then he squints up at the clear sapphire sky, not a star in sight. “Wait, it’s daytime.”

“Exactly,” I deadpan. “Bye-bye, Carter.”

I start to prance off but he calls, “Mara! Can I at least have your number?”

I stop, turn, and smile sweetly. “Of course,” I say as I take the pen and paper from his clammy hands. I grin as I scribble down:


9-1-1.

That’s the number you’ll need to call if you ever ask for my number again.


I cap the pen and, without breaking eye contact, hand it and the paper to Carter. I smirk as I walk into the building, leaving a confused dumbo behind to realize I’m not the one for him.



*



I’m still inwardly laughing by the time sixth period rolls around—the last class of the day. Today was pretty fun—I was teased dozens of times, but it wasn’t all that bad. Oh, and Carter set a world record for Most Hilarious Fail—in the Margarita World Records, anyways.

I eye the clock at the front of the room.

Tick, tock.

Tick, tock. 

Tick, tock.

Just another minute until school lets out—YES! 

A million years later, the shrill sound of the bell greets my ears. I grin and dash into the hallway, which is just starting to fill up.

My brown-red hair swings in my face as I jog out of the building. I’m about to meet Rosalee at the bus when I hear—

“Margarita!”

I don’t recognize the voice, but that has to be bad. I’m frowning as I turn around, only to see a girl running up to me. She has brown hair brushed into two pigtails, her blue eyes shining in the sunlight. A smattering of freckles is thrown across her nose, a smile painted onto her lips. She looks fifteen or sixteen.

“Who are you, and why are you here?” I say.

She pouts. “I’m Kiki.”

“And…” I prompt.

“I’m here to tell you…HA! Your mama was so bad at spells that squirrels were laughing at her.” I mentally added the strange insult to my Burn List. “Honestly, what happened has gotta tell you something: Ariana is such a failure, she died!”

That hit home. This wasn’t just about Mom mispronouncing a spell. Kiki just brought up my mother’s death. Another cruel joke, just like the coffin, but Kiki is trying to hurt me.

“What the heck?” I holler. “You’re so rude! My mom’s in a coffin and you’re joking about it?!”

“Well, yeah. Besides, she’s out of the coffin.”

“Huh?” I say, remembering how Kiki had said Ariana is a failure—present tense. “What are you talking about?”

“Didn’t you hear?”

“No,” I say slowly. “What?”

“People aren’t that insensitive, Margarita. We got the news this morning, but apparently you didn’t. Your mom died, but she isn’t dead. The doctors found the counter spell.”


September 02, 2020 01:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

201 comments

Sia S
04:43 Sep 03, 2020

Congo on firsttt!!!!!!!!!! Here is a feast of juice boxes and ice creams. 🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🍪🍪🧃🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🧃🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪 And something healthy... 🍊🍊

Reply

11:26 Sep 03, 2020

Yay, thank you so much!! I’ve actually got into, and was knocked out of first, last night, but THANKS!! I WILLLLL STILLLLL EAT THE FEEEEAST!

Reply

Sia S
02:33 Sep 04, 2020

Ooh, 😬😬 :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sunny 🌼
01:40 Sep 03, 2020

Amazing, superb, splendid! You're worldbuilding and how you explain the magic system is great! And the cliffhangerrrr! I cannot wait for more!

Reply

01:40 Sep 03, 2020

Thank you so much, Sarah!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
B. W.
19:43 Sep 02, 2020

Ya wanna do an upvote-spree-for upvote-spree with me?

Reply

19:44 Sep 02, 2020

Suuuure! But I’ve already upvoted most of your comments so that might be tricky, lol How much are we doing? 20? 50? 80? Bye!

Reply

Show 0 replies
19:51 Sep 02, 2020

Okay, I upvote you a solid 50 points! When you’re done with upvoting me tell me if you wanna do any more ;)

Reply

B. W.
20:02 Sep 02, 2020

Okay i finished up-voting you ^^ i think i did around 30 or a bit more i was planning on trying to update you more but it was kind of hard to find ones i didn't up-vote yet since i've been up-voting you a lot recently

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Pandora D Grey
18:35 Sep 02, 2020

The first I’ve read off the site. Really enjoyed it.

Reply

18:50 Sep 02, 2020

Aw, thanks! Well, welcome to Reedsy!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sadie Black
18:01 Sep 02, 2020

Whew, this felt just like high school! Nice dialogue, it was very funny. Thanks for sharing!

Reply

18:07 Sep 02, 2020

Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Megan Sutherland
17:33 Sep 02, 2020

Hey, Aerin! Great story!! Don't worry about it, it was great. Sometimes being in the car is a good way to get ideas because of all of the scenery around you. Was it a long drive? lol I love Margarita's jabs at Carter- you really made her seem savagely funny. She reminds me of one of my friends. Great job!

Reply

18:05 Sep 02, 2020

Hi, Megan! Thank youuu! Yup, the car ride was 5 hours, cuz I was coming home from Virginia Beach ;) Yessss savagely funny was kinda what I was going for! Margarita is kinda modeled after me, because I am, and many of my character are, sassy. Hehe, sounds like your friend and Margarita would get along! :D Thanks!

Reply

Megan Sutherland
23:53 Sep 02, 2020

Haha, of course!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Anika G
13:42 Sep 02, 2020

Fun story! I love the twist ending. It's very funny and the insults are creative. There are a few spots you might want to clean up; for example, 'I sigh and push my long, brown hair with streaks of red out of my face as I lean down and kiss the coffin'. The description of her hair here feels a little clunky. Other than that, this story was a very fun, enticing read! Good job!

Reply

13:42 Sep 02, 2020

Thank you! M’kay, I’ll fix that ;) Thanks for stopping by!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
<inactive> .
10:00 Sep 02, 2020

Uhh I've been searching Amazon left and right for the last three weeks looking for your book... wHeRE iS iT!?

Reply

12:10 Sep 02, 2020

Yaaaay I’m honored!! Oh and ooh, sorry it’s not uuup yet. My original goal was before school starts (less than a week) but I thought I could finish before summer...NOPE! The problem is, allllll I have to do is finish proofreading. I already have the doc set, the blurb written, all the details filled out, the cover designed...ALL I HAVE TO DO IS UPLOAD THE FREAKIN’ MANUSCRIPT. The problem is...it’s impossible for me to proofread without editing. Soooo I’m still on chapter 8 of 50. BUT I WILL PUBLISH IT SOON!!

Reply

<inactive> .
18:25 Sep 02, 2020

Lol no need to rush yourself!

Reply

18:49 Sep 02, 2020

Stilllll

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
<inactive> .
10:01 Sep 02, 2020

also how does one write a book? i have an idea but idk how to stay motivated i had started one in the past and gave up after three days

Reply

12:18 Sep 02, 2020

Ummmm...well, I’m not a great teacher for writing...but... Oh, yeah, I feel ya, girl. I start writing in 4th grade, which was just for fun. Sarah and I wrote stories on Docs. I mean, we were trying to write novels, duh, but we thought of them as ‘stories’ and actually finishing them was out of the questions. Sarah ditched 20+ stories, I ditched a couple ones I was fairly far into, and Color Quest is the only plot that made it through without being ditched. I guess my advice is to get into the right mindset. Like, once I moved on from ‘thi...

Reply

Amany Sayed
14:22 Sep 02, 2020

Thanks for the advice tho it wasn't meant for me lol. Ya know, it's kinda funny, I found that when I started writing with the mindset of "This is going to be published" it got a lot harder for me. I felt like, oh my god, this has to actually be good and stuff. So yeahhhh :)

Reply

14:24 Sep 02, 2020

Hehe! Yeah, different things wrk for different people. I’ve heard that ‘you’re an author when you start writing for others, not yourself’, and it makes sense. I used to write for fun, and I still do (I’m not even a teenager, I don’t need a job), BUT my hobby will be published. So I personally find it better to remind myself AUTHORS write for OTHERS, but it might be easier for you to remember it’s just a hobby ;)

Reply

Amany Sayed
14:26 Sep 02, 2020

Yeah, you're right. maybe...anything that will help me STOP PROCRASTINATING WITH MEH BOOK!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
<inactive> .
18:31 Sep 02, 2020

Oof, thanks! Th first one I wrote was barely thirty pages so I will keep that in mind. That would not work for me at all because I write on whims like ‘today i want to write something funny but dark’ and then I write it lol Thanks so much for the advice! I have a screenshot to refer every time I get confused

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
. .
06:55 Sep 02, 2020

Incredible! There's so much talent inside of this. I loved the descriptions and the dialogue is really clear.

Reply

12:05 Sep 02, 2020

Thank you so much, Sarah!! 😆

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Pragya Rathore
03:14 Sep 02, 2020

What a funny story! I loved the sense of humor of the protagonist. Although I felt that Rosalee was a little insensitive for leaving her to deal with the meanies alone. Great story!

Reply

11:40 Sep 02, 2020

Thanks so much!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Shae Greyfeather
23:15 Jan 07, 2021

"Your mom died, but she isn’t dead.” Yeahhhh, that makes total since Kiki

Reply

Show 0 replies
Shae Greyfeather
23:09 Jan 07, 2021

🍌

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
16:38 Sep 16, 2020

Dang it- okay so i upvoted all your comments on your latest story on here which i guess would probably be more then 100 points but then i saw what you said in your bio about you wanting to see how much points were gone- sorry. i just wanted to get ya back up there

Reply

16:56 Sep 16, 2020

Thanksssss! I’ll upvote you after schoool! Oh, hehe, that’s fine...I’m keeping track in my bio. Thanks!!

Reply

B. W.
17:07 Sep 16, 2020

No prob and thanks ^^ oh alright i was kinda worried

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jemma B.
21:56 Sep 14, 2020

I really liked the ending, Aerin! It left us all on a great cliffhanger and made it so that the other kids didn't seem so cool. Hope to see more of your stories soon! Also, congrats on Color Quest!

Reply

23:14 Sep 14, 2020

Thanks so much! Hehe, thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
23:15 Sep 14, 2020

Hi, Leafdrift! I’m back. Just a question: are you and Fireblast 2.0 all Whirl, or are you MJ and Whirl’s other friends? I think the latter but I still want to know...also, I love y’all names :D

Reply

Jemma B.
00:55 Sep 15, 2020

Haha, guilty as charged. It's me, Whirlwind. This account I made accidentally with my school account and I can't seem to find a way to delete it, I've been searching but there's no button I can push! So I was like if I have to have this account too, might as well make the names sound cool and similar. (If you know how to delete accounts, that would be super duper helpful, I'm at a bit of a loss here...😥) Fireblast 2.0 is a younger relative, whom I cajoled into making his name sound like mine. He accidentally made his account and his name...

Reply

01:09 Sep 15, 2020

Ooooooooh, noice!! Yeah, I love how all the names are matching, it’s cool.... Oh, and yeah, I just know some of your friends are on here. Well, you all follow each other when y’all were new and didn’t have a ton of following, so I thought I’d investigate, and it’s on one of y’all’s bio you’re friends...

Reply

Jemma B.
01:12 Sep 15, 2020

Really now🧐? And we thought we were being discreet...😔 Yeah, we're a bunch of weirdos as my bio says.🤪🤪🤪🤪 Anyway, do you know a way I could delete this account?

Reply

01:13 Sep 15, 2020

Hehe Hmm, no idea.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jemma B.
00:56 Sep 15, 2020

My goodness, that's a lot of writing. So sorry!

Reply

01:08 Sep 15, 2020

Hehe, I love reading long comments!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
B. W.
00:29 Sep 08, 2020

Aerin you start school tomorrow right?

Reply

00:51 Sep 08, 2020

Yep!!

Reply

B. W.
00:56 Sep 08, 2020

So do you know the Au thing i told you about? the plot Generator doesn't really help me and i have the basic Idea for it but im really needing your help with other small and maybe some big ideas for it, could you try to help me with this? i know i keep asking for help and i know your probably just gonna say the same thing you always keep telling me but i just need some help.

Reply

01:06 Sep 08, 2020

Well, honestly, that ‘basic idea’ is all you need. Plots don’t need to be super detailed—to start out writing a book, you just need to have the structure of your story, it’s bones. You add the meat in later. So you have your plot, but maybe now...make some characters! Add the timeline! Construct day-by-day planing by lining up your events and you’re good to start writing!

Reply

B. W.
01:09 Sep 08, 2020

Theres also something else, i wanna try and do some Unique names like i sometimes have been in some of my stories but i dont have any ideas for em. any ideas on where i can try to think of some?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
11:35 Sep 05, 2020

Hey, if you don't mind helping me, i kind of need a official name for the princess thing i've been doing. I'm working on it kind of on something else besides on here so i'd need a name for it.

Reply

11:49 Sep 05, 2020

Hmmm...some random names that could maybe word: Scarlett Elodie Sophia Fleur Stella Melody Corinna Adeline/Adilynne/Adelyne/THERE ARE DOZENS OF SPELLINGS Hope you like at least one or two of those! But warning, I picked out names I really like, so might be using a couple in upcoming stories. Um, yeah. Hope this helped!

Reply

B. W.
11:53 Sep 05, 2020

no no i don't mean a name for the princess i already have the two names for both characters, storm/shifty and aura are the names for them (i don't think you've read the stuff yet so its alright) what i mean is that i need a name for the official story like how my demi-god series isn't just called the demi-god series its official name is Goddess child

Reply

11:56 Sep 05, 2020

Ohhhhh sorry though you were, idk, renaming the characters of something. Wow, haha. For the title...hmm....well you could do something simple like ‘Shifty’, of foisted, or you could do something like...idk...’the Legend of Shifty’, kinda like ‘the Legend of Korra.’

Reply

B. W.
12:00 Sep 05, 2020

Its alright ^^ yeah maybe i could do something like that, thanks for the help with it :) i still don't think you've read them but sorry if you have and im just bothering you with it but could ya still check out "useless" and "bonding?" to tell me what you think?

Reply

12:04 Sep 05, 2020

Actually I’ve read and commenting on both of them 😆

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Avery G.
23:24 Sep 04, 2020

Wow this was sooo good! I loved it! Great job!

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
16:10 Sep 03, 2020

Aerin i saw that you got into 1st place again so congrats with that ^^ also i'm confused about something in your bio, you talked about down-voting but didn't the one that was down-voting you got taken off here and isn't here anymore? is it someone new or something?

Reply

17:05 Sep 03, 2020

Thanks! Well, Kendra’s brother was a downvoter, yes, but there are other people who downvote. Like today and yesterday I lost some points to a DIFFERENT downvoted. Although I don’t think of them as ‘downvoters’ if they take under 50 points, just nasty people who downvoted. But yeah.

Reply

B. W.
17:48 Sep 03, 2020

No prob ^^ oh alright then, also i got some good news. ^^ after some things i finally got some ideas for the princess and powers idea thing i told you about and it'll be out somewhere tomorrow :) i think you might like it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ana B
04:42 Sep 03, 2020

Love the story, you're very good at writing short stories. i can't wait to read your novel when you publish it. Toodles! Ana

Reply

11:25 Sep 03, 2020

Thanks!! Really, you’re close to my age? Cool! Aw, thank you!! Byeeee! ~Aerinnnn

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amogh Kasat
02:32 Sep 03, 2020

Hey Aerin! I have read your all stories. All are awesome and congrats and !st position

Reply

11:20 Sep 03, 2020

Well, I think you just LIKED them all, unless you can read a novel length in short stories in a minute, but—okay JK. Thank you so much!!

Reply

Amogh Kasat
02:09 Sep 04, 2020

My pleasure

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.