218 comments

Fantasy

Part 5 of War of the Elements! Nainika the Menacing... read other parts if you haven't already. Or if you haven't, should still make sense.


ok i'm rushing. Bye love y'all have a nice day.


“We promise to exterminate all other elements except for the Darkness Kingdom.” 

-------------------------- 

Twenty Minutes Ago 

 “Dad, I don’t think we should be attacking other empires.” I was Nika the Menacing (no prim, prissy princess title for me), the eldest daughter of the Sand King. We were a tribe of only two-thousand, but nomads. We were fierce in battle, but we weren’t ruthless barbarians. We were civilized, and we strayed from attacking lands which had done nothing to us. In fact, the last time we had attacked was almost thirty years ago. I hadn’t even been born (I’m eighteen, do the math). I heard stories of victory and loss on the mighty battle field. Elements clashing and fighting in a vicious war.  

I was the eldest child of the royal family, and for ten years, my mother gave birth to no children. So instead of having a son to nurture as a general, my father became content with grooming me into his ideal son. He relayed battle strategies, epic tales, and how to use weapons.  

“Sand is most compatible with fire. which combined with sand can either create a flaming sheet of glass which could trap hundreds of soldiers under a molten glass cage, or stinging pieces of rock which come flying at you at 100 miles an hour which can kill you. Next is air, howling wind and sharp, tiny specks of sand can form a raging sandstorm. Light is always an extremely powerful ally, so we never cross them in battle-” 

“But father. What about water, ice, earth, light or darkness?” 

“Tsk. Don’t you use your brain? Water practically dissolves us, and frozen sand is just a joke! Not to mention we don’t ally with dark, ever, since they are the sneakiest and least trustworthy of them all!” 

“But wouldn’t we want to pair with them otherwise they can hurt us?” 

“You mustn’t speak of things you don’t know, child.” 

So he was harsh, but that’s the way to raise a true warrior. I took it as a compliment.  

So why was he going against his own advice right now? Twenty minutes ago the King of Darkness had arrived in the throne room by shadow-traveling. Like one minute it was just a shadowy corner, the next minute, boom, person!  

“Greetings, King Adorini of the Darkness Empire. What do we owe this pleasure today?”  

“I want you as my ally for the war.” 

“Why-” There was a pause as my father locked eyes with King Adorini. Then, he dropped his eyes and muttered, “Yes, of course.” 

“Father, you must think this over.” I was his daughter, but I was also his chief general. I was not afraid of some dopey dude who traveled through dusty, cobwebbed corners! Ok, maybe I was, but my kingdom was in dire trouble! If we consented to ally with King Adorini, who knows what would happen. They were the type in history who didn’t care for their allies, and took advantage of them. Once they had what they wanted, they wanted nothing more to do with you. On the other hand, darkness was one of the most formidable elements. In a snap, King Adorini could shroud the whole room in darkness. But in return, that formidableness could be used against us. I opened my mouth, ready to say something to my father, but King Adorini interrupted me.  

“I shall take over this world, eliminate all other kingdoms and have all the elements eliminated except for darkness. And, if you aid me well in battle, perhaps I’ll keep a few Sand Kingdom advisors. But no sand powers. It’s well known that darkness is the most powerful element of them all, because while everything is dark, nobody has any power. Everybody will be at our mercy to see light everyday. First, we’ll kill off the Light Kingdom.” What the heck? He was literally talking about terminating all other kingdoms, including us, right in front of me! The audacity!  

“Excuse me, but that seems very extreme-” 

“Shut your mouth, daughter!” 

“Father!-” He glared at me menacingly, but his eyes held no anger. Instead they looked confused, blank even. He must know that refusing the offer to ally with the Darkness kingdom would mean more trouble for us. But we mustn’t back down! We were a strong empire, and we could afford to lose an ally! 

“And who’s this?” King Adorini looked condescendingly at me.  

“I am Nainika the Menacing, General in the Grand High Army of the Sand Kingdom, heir to the throne.” I straightened myself up and puffed out my chest to emphasize my power. 

“I see.” With an affirmative nod, he grazed his eyes over my body. 

“Eighteen? Perfect age for my son, Jean Valerie.” 

“I’m sorry, but I’m not interested-” But a figure rose from the shadow in the corner. Jean Valerie. A breathtaking sight. Tall, muscular, dressed in black armor. I then desperately hoped that my dark brown hair wasn’t that messy and there were no pimples on my light caramel colored skin.  

What the heck? What was I thinking? I was Nainika the Menacing, Nika the Menacing, Nika the Menacing, Nika...  

“Well? You’ll be his wife won’t you?” My brain clouded with darkness, and I could only think, “Yes. Yes. Yes.” 

“Then that’s settled! You’ll ally with us as well won’t you?” 

“Yes.” My father and I said at the same time.  

“Excellent. You promise?” 

“We promise to exterminate all other elements except for the Darkness Kingdom.” 

----------------------------------------- 

Meanwhile... 

Mira’s POV 

I missed my father. Who knew where he had been kidnapped to? All I wanted was to curl up on my bed and read a good book back home in a palace instead of sitting in this damp forest pondering what to do. Besides, what else was there to do? It was sure that Jean Valerie and his creepy group of darkness soldiers were trying to invade our kingdom. Maybe I would have to live this life of a commoner on the run from now on.  

In fact, my life right now seemed just like those plots of intriguing novels I always read.  

“Kate... show us another trick you can do.” We hadn’t gotten very far with our plans (um... sneak into the kingdom and like attack? Three people? Yay. Menacing.) So we were entertaining ourselves by seeing how our powers reacted with each others. Fire+water=steam. Water+Ice= more ice? Ice+Fire=More steam. Results were not the best, but we found out Kate could create intricate designs just by blowing into the air. She had already created an eeriely likening portrait of me, and she was working on Luke’s.  

Suddenly, a girl appeared in front of us in a gust of wind.  



_____________


Dedicated to Nika!!! Amazing author!! Squeeeeeee...

January 09, 2021 02:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

218 comments

Mira Caplan
15:13 Jan 11, 2021

Jennnnn I really want to show you my huge poster for French it's AMAXING and I'm drawing seasonal characters and I LOVE IT

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
15:23 Jan 11, 2021

Madame king says that at the end you will hold up your posters!!! I will ask her to pin you!

Reply

Mira Caplan
15:24 Jan 11, 2021

YAAAAAY

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
15:24 Jan 11, 2021

YAAAAAY

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
15:45 Jan 11, 2021

I SAW IT!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEE SO GOOOOOOOOOD

Reply

Mira Caplan
15:51 Jan 11, 2021

Thank youuuu!! The art takes longer than the writing, so I drew those to block out the space etc

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
15:59 Jan 11, 2021

yah good planning!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
✰ Jennie ✰
14:29 Jan 19, 2021

miraaaaaaaaa hi we in facs together!!!! can you pls pls pls be a fruit name? oh yah, I'm jennie lol

Reply

Mira Caplan
20:24 Jan 19, 2021

I LARB IT!!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
20:24 Jan 19, 2021

I LARB IT!!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 2 replies
Radhika Diksha
17:38 Jan 10, 2021

Abby has been downvoted very badly. She has only 39 points. Let's upvote her.

Reply

Show 0 replies
✰ Jennie ✰
19:15 Jan 09, 2021

I’m at ski racing training lol

Reply

Oh Just wannna say that i have a crush on Jean now....

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
21:21 Jan 09, 2021

No. You don’t have a crush on him. He has one on you... hehehjeje

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
14:43 Jan 09, 2021

I have been downvoted too. Can you upvote me? I will upvote you back.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Akshaya ✨
14:20 Jan 09, 2021

Hi Jennie! I loved reading this story, and the entire series till now!! It was a great idea to dedicate each story to an author here! I can't wait to see what happens in the next part of this series! Keep writing!! :) Also, someone has been downvoting me recently. I was on the leaderboard but they down-voted me and I wasn't on it any longer. Although I'm back on it now, I think they might strike again because it's clear they don't want me on it! :( Can I have some help with my points?

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
14:31 Jan 19, 2021

OMG YOUVE BEEN DOWNVOTED???????? noooooooooopee help is on da way!

Reply

Akshaya ✨
15:40 Jan 19, 2021

Thank you so much!! :)) But it's okay! They're just going to keep doing it. I just realized I must have unfollowed you by mistake (my bad). Following you again (sorry!)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
<inactive> .
05:04 Jan 19, 2021

👑 LORD KING RACCOON ELEPHANT 🐨 👘

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
13:25 Jan 19, 2021

Yaaaaaas!! !! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
21:03 Jan 14, 2021

JEN ARE YOU GOING FOR PICTURES??? UIYOTIRUDFGHIYUTRSDGFHKLUGJCFXBV

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
03:04 Jan 12, 2021

PART 12 OF TDR HAS BEEN POSTED

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
02:21 Jan 09, 2021

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS THERE GOING TO BE A LOVE TRIANGLE WITH NANIKA, THE DARK PRINCE, AND SOMEONE ELSE??????? OH THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. OR LIKE.....YEAH. You've improved sooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
02:24 Jan 09, 2021

Like you rejected him tho lol...... ok. romance goes like this: Priya likes Luke... A LOT Luke likes Kate or you because he feels that he is safe around you and he won't hurt you Nika likes the dark prince and Priya is related to him and Celeste is the one with Light powers, so some boy/girl (depends on her orientation) will be introduced i guess. Its a freaking complicated story with 7 peeps. Oh yah, brooke is earth lol and she's coming soon OMG I"VE IMPROVED!?!?!??! THATS THE BEST PRAISE!!!!!!

Reply

Mira Caplan
02:27 Jan 09, 2021

..........ok. So. I just want to see how it would go if Priya like Luke but Luke liked Mira (I just want to see it because we're besties irl and it would be HILARIOUSLY GREAT) but Kate also had a minor crush on him but then ended up with another character. And then when Jean Valerie meets everyone else, he could like someone else instead of Nika, and then it's like this love hexagon!

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
02:32 Jan 09, 2021

jean valerie is the baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad guy da doo da doo doo doo doo da doo (billie eilish) well he gets charmed by Celeste's hopeless beauty... that's what i was figuring out! And yah Kate should kinda like luke, but you Mira likes him and he likes mira and that would be freaking perfect cause its water and fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then Nika and Priya will find somebody lollll

Reply

Mira Caplan
02:37 Jan 09, 2021

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! He the baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddd guyyyyyyyyyyy ......CELESTE HOW DARE YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!! But...but...... YES!!!!! They cancel each other out!!! That should totes be a thing. (Spoiler: Eriene x Luke Castor's gonna be a thing, too. Luriene!!!)

Reply

Show 0 replies
✰ Jennie ✰
02:31 Jan 20, 2021

ahhhhhhhh you stalk our convos (hehe i do too but like hey it was a surprise engagemnte)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
15:56 Jan 13, 2021

Jen I forgot if you were in the building or not, lol. DID YOU SEE MY POSTERRRRR??? I'm adding color, and it's gonna look SO much better after that XD My sis designed the leaves and snowflakes

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
16:36 Jan 13, 2021

IT WAS FRICKIN GOOD!!!!! YOUR PEOPLE WERE SOOOOOO AMAZING!!!! I loved the hair!

Reply

Mira Caplan
16:39 Jan 13, 2021

THANKS YOUUUUU!!! What was everyone saying??????????? I couldn't hear that well

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
02:32 Jan 20, 2021

everybody was like "what da hekk. wut she doin in school?" and Brad was like, "confirm she printed that out" and I was like, "I KNOW HER" and the other boys were like *stick figure vibin'*

Reply

Mira Caplan
00:17 Jan 21, 2021

XDDDD YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! I did not print it, I drew it with my own hand

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
01:45 Jan 21, 2021

Hehehhe i know but considering Brad didn't even draw and printed out Clipart that looked wayyyyyy worse than your drawings...

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
00:17 Jan 21, 2021

XDDDD YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! I did not print it, I drew it with my own hand

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
16:39 Jan 13, 2021

THANKS YOUUUUU!!! What was everyone saying??????????? I couldn't hear that well

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.