189 comments

Adventure Fantasy Urban Fantasy

As I’m sliding on the snow, swerving between trees and hoping the mountains towering above me doesn’t decide to shed more pebbles on my helmet, I can’t help but panic.

Not because I’m skiing. No, I’m experienced enough in it that I’m all the way in Colorado for a skiing tournament—which starts in two hours.

Hence the freak out.

To clear my head before the final race, I’d decided to check out the area by grabbing my equipment and going out alone. The trail is completely empty, the sky a crystal blue, and I try to concentrate on the scenery racing by.

But then a sound echoes around me—shhhhhkkboom.

My eyes go wide and fix on a mountain far too close for comfort. Snow is raining down, like an avalanche, but it doesn’t look like a normal avalanche—

“Arrrrgh!”

The next thing I know I’m slamming into the snow, toppling head over skis as the noise sizzles to a stop. Rule number one of skiing (and most sports, honestly): don’t take your eyes off the ground. I must have tripped over a rock and now I’m…falling on a girl

“Ahh!” she helps, pushing herself away for me in the snow.

“S-sorry,” I sputter, my head spinning. I glance around me. The snow had cushioned my fall, and the mountains are quiet again. “I, uh, didn’t see you there.”

“It’s…okay,” she says, standing up.

The first red flag is her arms—which aren’t covered. She’s wearing a tank top in below freezing weather? How is she not an ice cube?

I look at the rest of the girl’s outfit. She’s really pretty, with her wide ice blue eyes and full lips. She looks to be a bit older than me, maybe seventeen. She has skin so pale it’s almost the color of the snow, and her hair is literally white. It seems to glow from where it’s shoved into a messy bun, almost incandescent as the spare hair strands catch all the colors of the rainbow. She has a shimmery white crop top on, and what look like the most jazzed-up ice blue sweatpants on that looks like it’s sewn with crystals. She has silver earrings to match her silver belt and boots.

The second red flag is that now that I’m regaining my senses again, I’m pretty sure I didn’t see her in the middle of the trail because she wasn’t there.

She offers me a hand and I take it, managing to stand up then look her dead in the eyes. “How did you just appear here?”

“What do you mean?”

Great. Now she’s gaslighting me. Or maybe I hit my head too hard.

“You weren’t there. Just snow was there. Unless you randomly kept in front of me, or you were buried under the snow, or, like, you were the snow…”

I’m rattling off fictional possibilities when the same sound from earlier draws my attention back to the mountains—shhhhkBOOM!

I watch snow topple down the mountainside. I’ve seen enough small avalanches while skiing, and this one is far away enough that we’re safe. But…it doesn’t look like a normal avalanche. All the snow commotion seems to be hiding some sort of moving snow.

Like a giant white figure is tramping through the mountains.

I turn back to the girl, and now her face is even paler than before—is this her reaction to my speculations, or to the not-an-avalanche, or both? Either way…

“Who are you and what’s going on?”

“I’m Ciara,” she says, eyes still on the mountain. “You can call me Cee.”

I laugh. “No way! I’m Conan, and you can call me Cee.”

“How’d you get Cee from Conan?”

I don’t answer that because now I’m realizing she still hasn't answered my second question. “Okay, that’s not what we’re talking about. Sorry for crashing into you and all, but you look fine and—gah, how are you not cold?”

She turns back to me, her lips playing into a smile as she reaches up to rub her bare arms. “Uh, high cold tolerance?”

“You’re not playing this off very well,” I say, gaining confidence. “Something is up and I want to know.”

“Yeesh, slow down, Mr Cee,” she says. She throws a look back to the mountains behind me, curling her fingers like she’s anxious to get going. Something is definitely up.

“No no no. I’d like to know how you’re the first person I’ve crashed into, thanks.”

Now she seems to be actually considering it, her hands fidgeting more. She carefully looks both ways, like she’s hesitant—or nervous. “So your theories?” she finally says.

“You jumped in front of me from absolutely nowhere, you were buried under the snow, or you were the snow,” I repeat.

“The last one is correct.”

What?” 

Her body disintegrates into snowflakes until where Ciara was just standing is just more snow.

I scream.

And then suddenly she’s back as a human (if she even is a human—I’m so confused at this point), clamping a cold hand over my mouth, which I hope doesn’t make me break out in blush. Why is she so otherworldly pretty?

“Shhhh!” she whisper-yells. “He’s going to hear you!”

“Who is?” I say, but as I watch her eyes go back to the mountains behind me, I get it. “So those definitely aren’t normal avalanches.”

“That’s a frost giant, and he’s on the move,” Ciara says, then sighs at herself. “Ugh, I guess I’m telling you everything. Oh, and I’m an ice spirit.”

“You’re a what?”

“Did you or did you not just see me transform into snow?”

I self-consciously reach up and ruffle my wild black curls. “I mean, I dunno, do something all ice-spirit-y!”

“I can’t,” she says, a shiver creeping into her voice, “since that frost giant just stole my magic!”

“But you just turned into snow.”

She sighs again. “Okay, dude. We’re running out of time, but— I can always turn into snow. My usual magic includes more snow and water manipulation, and I’m normally really strong, and—well, like all ice spirits, I get all of those powers from a magic crystal that’s usually right here.” 

She fingers a golden thread necklace around her neck. Now that I look closer, it definitely looks like a pendant was yanked off.

“So…the frost giant took your magic? Can he even use the magic?” 

“If he piles up enough stolen crystals, he can transfer the magic to himself, yes,” Ciara says. “And I was tracking him down to get it back, until you smashed into me as I was hiding as snow.”

I feel red creep up my tan skin. “Uh, sorry about that.”

“It’s not your fault, but I’ve really got to go,” she says.

Suddenly I can’t bear the thought of her leaving. I mean, ice spirits? Frost giants? Magic crystals and pretty people? Sign me up!

“Can I help?” I offer.

She looks at me dead in the eyes. I resist the urge to look away. “Really? Because god, yes. The frost giant will probably sense me before I get too close, and I can’t steal my jewel back while transformed into snow.”

“Yeah,” I say, grinning. “Yeah, I can help. I have, like, ninety minutes until my ski tournament, so…”

“Lovely,” she mutters. “Only ninety minutes?”

“Can…I…still help?”

She manages a smile at me. “Of course. But we should probably get moving.”

*

We follow the frost giant for almost half an hour, weaving our way through the mountains wherever we see more falling snow. Once I get closer, I can clearly see a hulking figure causing the mini avalanches. It looks like the monster Elsa created in the movie Frozen. I don’t know.

Ciara turns into snow to slip down the hills faster and I ski to catch up. Finally we end up at a cave hollowed out in the rock—a cave Ciara confirms to be the frost giant’s dwelling.

“So what’s the plan?” I say.

“You sneak in and grab the crystal. You’re a human. He can’t smell you.”

I blink. “Yeah, but he can see me, and doesn’t he have magic of his own? I don’t want to die before I win my ski tournament, thanks.”

She rolls her eyes and punches my shoulder. Even through my coat, she’s still strong enough without her magic that ouch. “I’m not going to let anything happen to you, Cee.”

I can’t help but smile more. “Okay, so what’s your actual plan?”

“I’ll distract Frosty over here with my reminding magic. That is, if he doesn’t come out in the next five minutes, because we’ve been standing out way too long.”

“Yeah, he can sense you, I know,” I say. “Should I…just…go in now?”

“Mmhmm. Maybe just to peek at first. Report back.”

“On it.”

I try to steady my nerves, but give up, and go ahead and walk into the cave. It’s kind of dark, but there’s weird skylights carved into the rock above me which provide enough light until I get deeper in the cave. 

I crouch behind a rock and glance at the dead end. Five sapphires are arranged in a circle on the floor, their glow almost reaching me. I can’t find the frost giant, but—

I freeze.

Someone else is here.

It’s…a boy. Around my and Ciara’s age, and also unnaturally pretty. He has glinting white hair that looks straight from an anime, falling over his silvery eyes. He’s wearing a white tank top and more sweatpants, almost like Ciara. 

Are all supernatural creatures this freaking attractive?

I want to go say hi to the guy, but if he’s in a frost giant’s cave, I don’t see how that could be good. So I creep back to Ciara and tell her everything.

“Is that Frosty’s lunch or something?” I wonder.

She laughs and brushes back a spare lock of iridescent white hair. “No. That’s…that is the frost giant.” Her smile melts off. “If he’s back in human form, he’s really close to stealing the magic from the gem permanently. You said there were five crystals, yeah?”

I nod, and she curses. “Oh, just wonderful. We need to hurry. Listen—when you go in the cave, grab the crystal as soon as Frosty’s distracted, then get out FAST.”

“Will do,” I say, and take another step back to the cave.

“And wait, Conan?”

“Yeah?” I turn back to Ciara.

“Be careful,” she emphasizes, and I flash a smile and nod as I enter the cave again.

*

I’m about halfway back down the long length of the cave when Ciara’s distraction starts.

Singing.

Except it sounds more like the Greek myths of sirens, their voices taunting you to drop your guard and be drawn near them like a magnet. 

The cave amplifies her song, and I can’t understand the words, just the tone. I know I shouldn’t stop and listen, but now I wanted to, with every fiber in my being, I wanted to go back to Ciara, I’d do anything for her—

I fight against the urge as much as I can, but all that means is instead of going back to the entrance to the cave, I’m sort of stuck in place. But when I hear heavy footsteps coming my way—now the frost giant is back in his magic form and is being lured outside—I duck behind a rock near the wall.

I watch the hulking shape of snowy limbs go past me and, remembering Ciara’s directions to snag her crystal as soon as the frost giant is distracted, take off running to the end of the cave.

I make it to the place where I'd seen the frost giant boy arranging the crystals. Sure enough, five glinting blue gems, glowing like Ciara’s hair or the frost giant’s eyes, are on the floor in a circle. Frosty must have JUST been about to start some sort of ritual to transfer the magic.

The echoes of Ciara’s siren singing start fading. Not the volume, just the magic. I can still hear her singing, but it’s not a hypnotizing pull anymore. If her magic truly is about to be defeated, I just left her alone with a still-powerful frost giant.

I grab the nearest crystal and slip it in my coat pocket, then hesitate. If a frost giant can absorb the magic from an ice spirit's crystal, why can’t I?

So I snatch another stolen crystal which probably belonged to some spirit back in the day. If they can’t have it, Frosty the not-a-snowman sure can’t.

Then I take off running, and twenty seconds later I’m almost to the entrance of the cave. Except I’m blocked from getting to Ciara by one thing—er, person:

Frosty.

Luckily, he hasn’t even seen me, but unluckily, that’s because his eyes are fixed on Ciara. The ten-food figure is standing in the doorway facing the ice spirit, who’s ice-blue eyes are wide in fright now that she’s pretty much powerless.

But she has two things left: cold resistance and the ability to turn into snow.

And snow can't be killed, so suddenly she transforms to a pile of snowflakes on the mountainside.

But almost a second later she pops back up as a human (er, ice spirit), having caught a glimpse of me right before transforming. Her eyebrows shoot up and she’s probably thinking, THERE’S my backup!

But her very obvious looking at me causes the frost giant to slowly turn. I know I can’t get by him, and I definitely don’t want to be cornered in the cave with stolen items in my pockets. So I do a very, very reckless thing:

“Heads up, Cee!” I shout, and whip the crystal under the frost giant’s legs just as he turns to me.

She catches it and her skin seems to glow brighter. Then her face twists in horror because she seems to re-realize I’m trapped in the cave.

“Conan, get out of there!”

Her words distract Frosty just long enough for me to slip by the bulky figure and tumble onto the snow behind her. Paralyzed on the ground, I watch as Ciara promptly reaches up and yanks the top of the cave down.

Her returned crystal returned her magic too and the whole cave promptly collapses on top of Frosty, sending pebbles and snow raining over me.

Then silence.

I stare at the pile of rock and snow, like the frost giant might burst out of the rubble. Built no, the eerie quiet of the Colorado mountains fills the air.

“Well,” Ciara finally says, her words breaking the silence, “that was…something.”

I look up at her. Both of us are relatively unharmed, and Ciara’s shimmering crystal is hanging between her collarbones again. “Yeah. Yay?”

“Yay,” she confirms, and helps me up. “Thanks.”

“Of course.”

She notices the blue shine from my pocket. “What’s that?”

I shyly take out the second stolen crystal. “Uh, I was sort of hoping I could become and ice spirit too and then—”

I’m cut off by a snort. “Sorry, and it’s a sweet idea, but, uh, you can only use the magic of other creatures if you’re magic yourself. This crystal won’t affect you. It will, however, enhance me.” She plucks the gem from my hand. “Thanks.”

I stare at my empty palms, my heart still pounding hard in my ears from the cave escape. Still, I’d rather be terrified by a frost giant than back to…well, like how I was an hour ago.

Ciara notices my downcast expression. “Sorry, Cee, but you’re stuck human. I can still visit, though.”

My face brightens a little. “Really? Yeah, that sounds good. I might actually be able to leave now.”

“Leave?”

“I’ve still got a ski tournament in…” I check my phone, still tucked in the inside pocket of my jacket. “Fifty-three minutes. Yikes.”

“Oof. you should probably get going,” 

“So, goodbye?”

“Goodbye?” She laughs. “Nah. You did me a big favor. The least I can do is walk you back. And cheer you on.”

“Hmm. Sounds good. I’m currently totally lost, though.”

Ciara seems to remember again I’m just a smol human in the middle of Colorado, having been dragged away from civilization by her. And while she was perfectly warm in her glittering crop top, and probably with some superhuman direction senses as well as strength, I’m…well, cold and confused.

“Ooookay. Now let’s go. You’re not arriving late to your ski thingy because I was busy getting you beat up.”

“I’m here by choice,” I argue.

She just laughs a little again and grabs my arm. “Alright. C’mon. We’ve got an hour's walk ahead of us.”

“Sounds good,” I say as we start walking in what must be the right direction, and this time I’m not even being sarcastic.

January 22, 2022 00:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

189 comments

00:47 Jan 22, 2022

YEEHAW I MANAGED TO FINISH THIS IN TIME IF ANYONE’S ACTUALLY READING THIS, IT MEANS THEY PROBABLY READ THE STORY TOO, SO THANK YOU THIS MIGHT HAVE BEEN TRASH BUT IT WAS SURE FUN TO WRITE for anyone wondering yes I stole Cee’s name from Conan Gray (I’m not sure why anyone would be wondering but, like, I’m trying to find people who are fans of the same artists as me idk) also yee he’s bi and man I was shipping him with EVERYONE THAT’S IT THAT’S THE NOTE I’LL BE SURPRISED IF ANYONE SEES THIS BUT THANKS FOR READINGGG

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
21:53 May 26, 2022

I KNEW YOU STOLE THAT NAME!!!!!! XDXD

Reply

04:01 May 28, 2022

BAHAHAHA I’M AN AVID NAME STEALER

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

HOLY HECK CONAN GRAY AHJXZSUHOSUOWDS ANYWAY 1. I loved the whole story, I'm so into element stories rn so this was so G O O D jKSDOJJIWDODW aaaaa now I want to write one 🤯 2. cee is my nickname in another app 🤩 3.Conan in this story might be bi o_O i noticed some hints oUo (edit: CONAN IS BI SJKLDAOIWHUCDOIDCDC) AMAZING FIRST STORY BACK AERIN!!

Reply

02:40 Jan 23, 2022

ASDKHAKSHDKJASD YES YES CONAN GRAY (And the main male character of the short story I WAS gonna post last week was named Gray…I guarantee some character in the future if going to be names Tay or Swifty or something oop) 1. Alsdjakdshkahsdkahsdkjasd THANK YOU and yes yes yes you absolutely should 🤯🤯 2. HAHA NICE 3. Oh heck yeah he’s bi, I was shipping him with EVERYONE YES YES HE IS I MEAN I’M BI AND I LOVE INFLICTING THE CURSE OF FINDING EVERYONE PRETTY ON CHARACTERS LASDJLASHDFLAHSDFGASDGFAKSFAS THANK YOU CELESTE!!!!!!

Reply

I LOVE HIS SONGS IJDSHOI:QWDHWDE (LMFAO YES DO IT LAKXSIDWISWJS) 1. 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤯🤯🤯🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩 2. TY LMAO 3, multi-shippers RISE UP HAHAHAHAAH YES ME TOO AND THIS IS SO RELATABLE JSAXHOSHUDWS OFC AERINNNNNNNN

Reply

01:41 Jan 25, 2022

AKSJAJAHHAGAGAJKALAKJAHAHA omg yes I love shipping something with multiple people because like alksjahabagakalaif they don’t have an OTP yet might shop em around, right?? SOMETHING promising has to come out of one of the fifty people I ship a character with idk KAMAJAHAGAGGAAHKAKAJAHA YISS

Reply

AKXJSODHUQDIACICDHW that's me too like seriously but i don't write it out because like- Gale from the EUTW series was originally shipped with Nela, then i decided on shipping him with a nonbinary character instead because I had a ship idea for Nela and then I scrapped that one and just made her a loner fOr nOw dejwweoiwfhehw and it's the same with TSAU too, i originally shipped lilith with like- four different people at the same time (this actually happened at one point o_O) and it was the same for Lya, I actually made her pan in the end ba...

Reply

01:58 Jan 27, 2022

ALSKAJHAHAGAHAJAKLALAJAJAA ahaha yesss, that’s about my thought process, although I’m kinda mad at myself for not adding spice to the main characters of my main Color Quest models because I CAN’T REALLY SHIP ANYONE NOW!! Isla and Parker are shipped but out of only 5 people, Parker and Cel are siblings, there’s huge age gaps, and stuff is pretty much just really inconvenient for shipping idk but I made up for it in my NaNo novel because, well, it’s like sorta a love square? So there’s Ash and Ember and Ronan and Riley. And Riley likes Ronan ...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kendall Defoe
03:40 Jan 22, 2022

I really liked this one. You created a very vivid tale and involved me in something I did not expected to enjoy. Well done!

Reply

03:43 Jan 22, 2022

Yay, thank you so much, Kendall! <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Veronica M
19:33 Mar 07, 2022

Hi! I'm pretty bored right now, so if you're bored then we can talk a little!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sia S
16:59 Jan 23, 2022

Hey! I read it, its nice, I'll leave a more detailed feedback tmrw? It quite late in my area rn. Okay?

Reply

01:38 Jan 24, 2022

Heyyyy! Ayyyy ty, of course XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kathleen `Woods
12:21 Jan 22, 2022

First off, Same Prompt! Cause that's always fun to see. The concept you went with was interesting, the 'someone' being an ice spirit was rather fitting. While I'm not always a big fan of first person narration, this was unobtrusive, your dialog was a strong point in any case. This had a surprisingly high letter count, 15310 might not seem high, but it’s something you notice when your audio tells you the stats. It wasn’t anything bothersome but little bits of trivia are always fun for me. Thanks for Writing!

Reply

13:39 Jan 22, 2022

Haha, fun! Thank you :D Oop, well, I’m a bit obsessed with first person having written 4 novels in it, but I’m glad you didn’t absolutely hate my usage of it ;D And tyyyy! Dialogue is always the most fun for me to write. Oooh, that’s interesting. The word count itself is pretty high (2.7k words after editing, I think?) but I’ve never thought about checking the letter count. Thanks for reading! :D

Reply

Kathleen `Woods
16:38 Jan 22, 2022

Thanks for responding! I almost never either, its just something I end up seeing now. Though I do keep a tally on my word counts just for the self. So, how do you work your dialogue? I'm a talker.

Reply

02:35 Jan 23, 2022

Hah nice! Not sure quite but you mean that, but when I write my dialogue I mostly focus on it sounding entertaining and/or funny (so by now pretty much all my characters use sarcasm and have the same sense of humor as me XD). Dialogue should always have a purpose, but when some people super-duper streamline it, it doesn’t seem..natural. So I don’t know. I just give a bunch of leeway for my word count spent on dialogue cuz it’s fun to write and fun to read XD

Reply

Kathleen `Woods
09:04 Jan 23, 2022

It's good to make use of ones humor for these kinds of things, people are rarely as static or overt in their discussions as they are in some pieces of fiction. As far as my self description, I just meant as far as methods, I tend to talk it out by myself or with others in the first pass before writing anything down. It's cool to see good results from differing methods though.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
05:15 Jan 22, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

13:40 Jan 22, 2022

ahahaha I donut know I just think of the most chaotic story possible then someone like you seems to think it’s g o o d 👁👄👁 THANK YOUUUU c:

Reply

Shaylynn Skinner
20:34 Feb 02, 2022

LOL!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
21:59 Aug 08, 2023

teen reedsy is dead D:

Reply

03:30 Aug 09, 2023

i hate it tbh i made so many good friends on here I want to reconnect :(( do u have insta??

Reply

14:42 Nov 04, 2023

Bro sameeee No I don’t have any socials 😭

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Avery G.
06:30 Mar 01, 2023

Aerin hey!! it's been a long time... It's been three years (or almost anyways) since 2020 when all of us were active. I just revisited my old account (and cringed at all my comments/conversations/stories) but I do miss the innocence of our times back then haha. Seems so long ago 🤣 I'm actually thinking of writing stories again...but idk if I actually will. but anyways, just wanted to say hello!

Reply

00:51 Mar 07, 2023

Avery omg!! Ahaha “a long time” is an understatement, but you’re so right. I do cringe reading old comment sections but also reedsy culture was so fun summers ago, like random shit like the marshmallows and reedsy cast stories I miss sm! Yesss do it! I feel like site is deserted but that may just be because the community I knew in 2020 is gone. Is there a whole other community of 18+ people I don’t know about?? Idk. Either way, do it!! HEYYYY how’s it going?

Reply

Avery G.
04:15 Mar 08, 2023

Yeah!!! I miss those times, when there were so many teens on here and we all talked and wrote stories!!! Yeah, those random cast stories were awesome!!! I miss that year. Yeah...I've been looking at some stories and profiles and there's SOO MANY NEW PEOPLE! Everyone else is pretty much gone...and everyone who's on here now seem extremely serious about their stories...I would write stories just for fun but seeing all the other great stories out there... Anyways, I'm doing good! School is pretty much my life right now...but I mean I have sprin...

Reply

02:53 Mar 15, 2023

FRRR!! Omggg exactly, like there’s all these new people but no community, y’know? Just all these adults writing stories for money, which, to be fair, was what this site was intended to be, but still. The Wrirates were a better era That’s good!! Is it warm where you live yet? That seems like so soon to go on spring break 😭 I’m doing great!! It’s going to be my birthday in three days so I’ll officially be old, ahaha.

Reply

Avery G.
16:57 Mar 15, 2023

Yeah exactly!! Well...where I live there is a ton of rain right now (I'm in California) but I mean it usually is warm at this time! But in two weeks it hopefully will be sunny. I'm also just waiting for summer haha so I don't have to worry about papers or essays or anything like that. Ooh happy early birthday!!! It was my birthday on March 5th haha, and now I'm old. Lol, there are so many bdays in March, it seems like. But it might just be me. What books are you reading right now?

Reply

22:35 May 28, 2023

YESSSS I CANT WAIT FOR SUMMER omg we’re both old now!! let’s go to the same retirement home mmkay I’m currently reading the Atlas Six and I’m about to read If He Had Been With Me. I just finished rereading + annotating the Secret History tho!! Wbu??

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
02:15 Feb 04, 2023

hey girl heyyy i only come on here every couple months so here's my random little comment to see who's still alive

Reply

21:42 Feb 04, 2023

HEYYY BAEE omg that’s so real ur comment in my email reminded me to do my monthly check in I’m alive wbu 🤪

Reply

23:50 Feb 09, 2023

HEYYY exactlyyyy i’m surviving lol

Reply

22:45 Feb 14, 2023

omg scrumptious did u have a nice Valentine’s Day??

Reply

19:58 Feb 15, 2023

yes my valentine got me the sweetest little gift, you??

Reply

19:42 Feb 20, 2023

aww what was it!! i had a rly nice day I got sweet cards from the two lomls

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
02:07 Dec 16, 2022

These prompts have your name written all over it! Miss your stories and the Reedsy summer :D

Reply

05:37 Dec 29, 2022

AMANY OMG I FORGOT REEDSY EXISTED I found one of the random Zetta grace stories in my google drive so I thought to check here cuz wtf that was TWO YEARS AGO BUT FR reedsy summer was so fun I’m low key cringing for myself reading past conversations but like I miss that vibe smmm!! How are you doingggg??

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Eleanor <3
20:22 Nov 28, 2022

OK STOP WE MET ON HERE LIKE 5 TRILLION YEARS AGO AND I RANDOMLY FOUND YOU AFTER HOURS OF SEARCHING THROUGH MY MANY FOLLOWERS BEACUSE SOMEHOW I CONVINCED YOU TO FOLLOW ME APPARENTLY SO HERE I AM IDK ALSO THE STORY IS INSANELY GOOD

Reply

05:35 Dec 29, 2022

OMG HEYYYYYY AHAHAHA I HAVEN’T CHECKED REEDSY IN FOREVER BUT HOW ARE U DOING?. THANK U SM!!

Reply

Eleanor <3
02:35 Jan 24, 2023

HEYY HAHA I FORGOT TO CHECK MY NOTIFS LMAOO HRU

Reply

21:41 Feb 04, 2023

IN MY MENTAL BREAKDOWN ERA BUT IN A FUN WAY IM EDITING MY BOOK AND LISTENING TO MUSIC WBU BAE

Reply

Eleanor <3
19:43 Feb 15, 2023

OMG SAME #RELATABLE I <3333 MUSIC ITS SOOSOSOSO GOOD EHHEHE SRY I NEVER CHECK THIS

Reply

19:41 Feb 20, 2023

YESSS MUSIC IS LIFE IM LISTENING TO FOLKLORE RN WHATS UR MUSIC TASTE??

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
20:25 Jul 20, 2022

AH OMG I LOVED THIS SO MUCH IDK WHY I DIDN'T READ THIS BEFORE LIKE WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE NOW HERE ARE A COUPLE OF MY REASONS FOR LOVING THIS STORY 1. YOU DIDN'T MAKE A HUGE DEAL OF CEE BEING BI YOU WERE JUST LIKE SHES CUTE AND HE IS TOO 2. THE DESCRIPTION IS *CHEFS KISS* OF THE SNOW, THE WAY THAT OTHER CEE AND FROSTY LOOK, THE- EVERYTHING 3. THE DIALOGUE IS SO NATURAL AND I LOVED IT OKAY THATS THE END OF MY RANT I HOPE THAT YOU HAVEN'T LEFT AND ACTUALLY SEE THIS BYEEEEEE ILY

Reply

18:23 Jul 23, 2022

THANK YOU SO MUCH AJSJAKAKALAL 1. YESS I KINDA HATE IT WHEN STORIES/SHOWS HAVE THE BI CHARACTER *NEEDING* TO DATE DIFFERENT GENDERS AND STUFF LIKE RLY I JUST WANTED CEE TO CASUALLY LIKE EVERYONE 2. TYYY BAHAHA 3. YAYYYY TYSMM YES YES I SAW THIS TYYYY ILY TOOOO

Reply

00:37 Jul 30, 2022

YES OF COURSE SUKHBLDHS 1. FR THO ITS LIKE ITS A NORMAL THING IN REAL LIFE WHY CANT IT BE NORMAL IN FICTION 2. YWWW AHAHAHA 3. OFCC YAYYY BC A LOT OF PPL HAVE LEFT :( <333333

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Niveeidha Palani
05:54 Jun 05, 2022

I'm getting Conan Gray vibes here haha. Also, it's been such a long time. How are you??

Reply

23:07 Jun 13, 2022

YES OMG I love him and absolutely stole his name ahh for real! I’m doing well, especially because the last day of school is in two days for me :P I’m working on my 5th novel and chillin’. What about you?? Written/read anything good lately? :D

Reply

Niveeidha Palani
12:24 Aug 26, 2022

Hahah nicee. School starts on the 29th August for me. So basically, in a couple days time. :( Sadly, I stopped writing for a bit, but I intend to start more soon!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Dhwani Jain
12:35 May 26, 2022

Hey Aerin! I got a question for you How did you publish your books? And WHERE are Colour Quest 2,3 and 4???????????????

Reply

04:03 May 28, 2022

Heyyyy! I published CQ using KDP—Kindle Direct Publishing, which is Amazon’s self-publishing service. You can look it up and get to their website! Sooooo funny story, I happen to hate editing :P I’ve gotta rewrite CQ1 at some point (I wrote it when I was 10, there’s a reason I’m actively discouraging anyone buying it), but CQ2 and CQ3 have also been written, I just need to edit them. However that will probably be much later this year because I’m currently working on my fifth novel which is completely unrelated to CQ so yeah lol

Reply

Dhwani Jain
11:02 May 28, 2022

Hiiiii So nice to read from you after such a long time!!!!!! Yeah, I researched on that, but um, did you like, hire editors/illustrators/designers/etc. people for CQ or not? Ah! I hate editing too! I feel ya sis!

Reply

20:08 May 28, 2022

Heyyyyy!! Soooo I DID have an editor, but it wasn’t someone I hired. my editor is my pretty smart writer friend Sarah, so I worked w/ her on CQ. I didn’t *need* an illustrator or designer, and while CQ prolly would have been better off with one, I just made something with cover creater. When I publish novels in the future I’ll probably draw my own covers because I’m an artist, but yeah, for CQ1, I didn’t have any help aside from my same-age friend :) Bahaha yup

Reply

Dhwani Jain
07:04 May 29, 2022

XD Nice, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XXXD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ruth Smith
21:55 May 24, 2022

Great story, Aerin! I loved your descriptions of the characters, they are vivid. I've got some questions: “Ahh!” she helps, pushing herself away for me in the snow. Was that supposed to be yelps instead of helps? "Unless you randomly kept in front of me, or you were buried under the snow, or, like, you were the snow…” Leapt instead of kept? The ten-food figure What's a ten food figure made up of? Ham, beef, carrots? Built no, the eerie quiet of the Colorado mountains fills the air. Bet that was supposed to be "but no" instead o...

Reply

01:54 May 25, 2022

Thank you so much! Bahaha yup for all of those! I tend to make so many typos and such that I never catch while briefly editing 😩😩 I swear Reedsy folks pay more attention my stories than *I* do while writing them at this rate lol Thank youuuu omg <33

Reply

Show 0 replies
17:12 Jul 11, 2022

not going to lie, this comment ended up being hugely helpful because I just remembered writing contests exist and i’m touching this story up to submit elsewhere. I also remember you wrote all these out so I came back here and corrected all those mistakes, so again, tysmmm😭😭

Reply

Ruth Smith
20:06 Jul 17, 2022

You're welcome Aerin! I'm glad I could help. Good luck getting the story published, let me know when it happens!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Nicole Of 2022
23:41 May 22, 2022

🟪🟦🟩🟨🟧🟥

Reply

00:47 May 23, 2022

so true rainbows + gay = slay

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
00:48 May 23, 2022

A+

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Nicole Of 2022
23:39 May 22, 2022

WHATS YOUR FAVORITE ANIMAL?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nicole Of 2022
23:39 May 22, 2022

GREAT WRITING SKILLS

Reply

00:47 May 23, 2022

AHAHA

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Nicole Of 2022
23:39 May 22, 2022

OMG I LOVED IT

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.