Timelapse (a Rapunzel reworking)

Submitted into Contest #84 in response to: Write a story that spans exactly a year and takes place in a single room.... view prompt

1190 comments

Sad Fantasy Inspirational


Day 6274 + 0


You pace the length of the room, over and over and over. The same ten feet you’ve crossed a million times. Your shaggy lavender rug, with yellow flowers woven in, is tattered and torn from a century of weight.

Up, down, up, down. Feet hitting the floor.

There’s nowhere else to go.

Over and over and over.



Day 6274 + 29


Your room is your haven. One big box of space, with a bed pushed into a corner, a desk in another. The walls are painted baby blue, like an ocean dialed down.

It’s supposed to make you feel calm.




Day 6274 + 56


The books you’ve read have glorified ADHD. Sometimes it's a tool. Other times it’s just a pain. It’s always a small character trait, though. Like the author casually sprinkled in the crane that wrecks a life.

One, two, three. Crushed flowers.

You can never stop moving. Stop thinking. Stop tapping. Your mind is never the calm ocean, just a collage of videos. It’s overpowering.

And annoying.

And when you’re stuck in a single room for years, your sanity’s downfall.




Day 6274 + 64


Sometimes you can only express yourself through abstract nonsense, in a way visual arts just can’t measure up to.

So you turn to poetry.

You love haiku especially, how the 17-or-under syllables can carry oceans of meaning. The best part is they don’t even have to make sense.

They’re like little snapshots of time.





Day 6274 + 65


piece by piece, broken

rainbows crumbling to the ground

the songbird’s last cry





Day 6274 + 83


There’s nothing to do in this room. 

You don’t want to touch your blue walls with your paintbrush, so instead you watercolor in your sketchbook. Always concentric circles. Rings inside of rings inside of rings, dipping the paintbrush in and out of the water. The colors melt into each other, a beautiful embrace.

It’s like you harnessed a rainbow. A ribbon of vibrancy, tied to the page. But the sun can’t stay out without a cloud passing by, and you never finish a book without being sad it’s over, and your colors come at a cost. The water gets murky. Dried up sunshine. So you empty it out the window and refill.

It’s a long way down from your window. Up in a crooked tower, the view would be stunning if not for the endless trees. Sunshine blooms in the aquamarine skies, but the grass below you can’t flourish while being dumped with gray water daily.

They shrivel.

You shrug.

Nothing comes without a cost, and you’ve paid too much already.




Day 6274 + 90


The highlight of your life is your mother. While you’re in your room, she’s collecting tales to tell you when she returns.

Your mother is your rose, your rainbow, your dancing sun. She tells you everyone you need to know about the world, while keeping you safe in your tower.

Mother knows best.




Day 6274 + 121


beauty abandoned

soft petals against cement

a discarded rose


She brought you a rose today.

It’s so pretty, vivid petals hugging each other.

She said she found it tossed on the side of the road.





Day 6274 + 138


Your hair is like your anchor. It’s always there, five pounds of gold locks twisted into a braid. It has the same comfort as a weighted blanket.

Other times, you wish you could throw your hair away. Thrust a fist through the window, slash a piece of glass around your scalp. Toss your prize out the window for the squirrels to nestle in.

But you never touch your hair, for it’s the pride of your your mother.

Twice a month, she’ll help you with your golden monstrosity. You’ll sit by the window as the sky grows dark, pale clouds dotting the iris dusk. She’ll take out your braid and brush it until it’s smooth. You sing while you watch the birds swoop, sweet lyrics embedded in your head.

You barely register the words any more, having sung it so many times.




Day 6274 + 159


The walls are closing in.

You feel trapped, you feel lost, you feel forgotten.

There’s nowhere to go.

Nowhere to run.

Nowhere other than this flowered carpet, the blue walls, the piles of sketchbooks and novels. 

You’re practically wasting away.




Day 6274 + 167


You want so much. 

You want to feel the green grass tickling your feet. 

You want to run a finger down the cold cobblestone of the tower’s exterior.

You want to laugh and run, fighting against the warm wind as the sun waves goodbye.

You want to see, you want to hear, you want to smile so much your face hurts.

When you tell this to your mother, she just shushes you. “Don’t be greedy,” she tuts. 


She’s right.

You have everything you need.

Food, a bed, activities for creating. A loving mother.

You don’t need the world when you have this room and it’s contents.

You don’t deserve the world.




Day 6274 + 200


But what if you want the world?




Day 6274 + 201


You’re tired of wishing on the stars.

Every night, you walk to the windowsill, dressed in a white nightgown, your hair coiled around your neck like a scarf. You pull open the windows and lean against the windowsill, closing your eyes. Letting the cool night air brush against your face.

Deep breath.

Deep breath.

It’s the only thing you like about this tower—how it feels at night. The ink-covered world is laid out beneath you, the stars glimmering in the coal sky.




Day 6274 + 202


Some people blow kisses.

You blow wishes.

Whispering all of your crinkled dreams, hoping they’ll spiral on the wind.

You don’t believe in magic.

But maybe, just maybe, the stars will hear.




Day 6274 + 232


ink-drenched canvas 

dotted with twinkling amber 

wish upon a star




Day 6274 + 249


You feel suffocated.




Day 6274 + 250


You feel forgotten.




Day 6274 + 251


You feel trapped.




Day 6274 + 252


Like a bird with tied wings, you want to leave, to fly, to dream, but instead you’re helplessly rooted to the ground.




Day 6274 + 260


You’re sick.

Of this room.

Of these books.

Of the filled sketchbooks.

Of watching time tick by, but nothing new changes.

You realize that if you timelapsed your nearly-17-years-of-life, it would look like it was looped.

Same routine.

Same activities.

Day after day after day.




Day 6274 + 323


The days blur.

And they blend.

And weeks pass - 


Gone.




Day 6274 + 330


You don’t like long poetry as much (but you know there’s value in it too), but today you wrote something called “lost”.




Day 6274 + 331


You wanted to show your mother, but you held back.




Day 6274 + 332


What if she doesn’t like it? 

It’s kind of weird.




Day 6274 + 335


lost in a haze

        black and white

blurred in a d a z e

        blinding light

world crumbling to

f i n e onyx dust,

lost in another world 

        of lilac thoughts

              and opalescent dreams 

other-worldly 

      memo r i e s

tossing and turning

piecing together 

broken r 

            e

          a l i

              t

            y

lost in a world of cotton

        counting sheep

              collecting lost marbles 

confused 

afraid 

              mystical shades

swirling and

        spinning and

              twirling and

                      vanishing and

                          whirling and

        g o n e

wondering 

waiting

eyes flutter shut

other realms broadcasted 

behind your e y e l i d s

the cracked boundaries 

        of what was real

smudged on the 

        edges of  

              slumber




Day 6274 + 349


You’ve decided to leave.

No more hair ropes.

No more pretty pink smiles.

You want to claim back your life.




Day 6274 + 360


But it’s hard to find the strength you need to do some things.

After all, this room is your haven.

Do you really, truly want to go?

What about your mother?

She’d never let you leave.


But she can’t control you.

But.

You’ve used that word countless times without doing it justice.

“But” is a word that says it isn’t the end of the story.

“But” is voicing your opinions.

Voicing isn’t enough.

The next step is action.

You can’t use “but” if you’re not going to do something about a problem.


And you’ve decided that this feeling of hopelessness hanging over your head qualifies.




Day 6274 + 365


Another year has passed already for the tied down bird.

Yet you think should completely discard that analogy because luckily, you’re not a bird, and you have opposable thumbs that work just fine when it comes to escapes.


It’s your birthday, actually.

17.

Which means you’re 17 years overdue for...a lot.




Day 6274 + 365


Once upon a time

You wished on dandelions 

Laughing in the strawberry sunlight 

As you danced on faerie tiptoes 

You twirled 

Vision blurred 

Memories swirled 

Until your worried melted away


Now, you’re trying to get up

But you’re lying in the dust

You want to take a stand 

Yet no one lends a hand 

You’re falling 

And drowning 

And hoping 

And dreaming 

And broken, so, so broken 

There’s no happily ever after for every story


~ Serenity Azzlyn




Day 6274 + 365


You’ve been repeating that quote to myself since the beginning of your memories. It’s a clip of a larger spoken word poem, and for years, you agreed with the poetess. Her words became your anthem in the tower, the reasoning you turned to every time you got too ahead of myself. You melted into the acceptance that your didn’t need to leave, your were perfectly fine here, and that happily ever after was just a mirage on the horizon.


But now, as you get ready to leave, you think that that reasoning should pack its bags too.

Because if you keep chasing after that happy ending, then maybe, just maybe, you’ll reach it.

March 06, 2021 20:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1190 comments

Izzie Q.
02:41 Mar 09, 2021

omg hi aeirn!! YOURE GOING BACK TO HYBRID TOMORROW?? OMG GOOD LUCK!!! I hope its literally amazing <3 this story was stunning by the way. I adored the formatting :)

Reply

23:39 Mar 09, 2021

Hiiii! YESSSS I WENT BACK TO SCHOOL TODAYYY!!!! AND IT WAS DA BEST FIRST REAL DAY OF MIDDLE SCHOOL EVERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD Thank youuuu <3 Thank you so muuuch!

Reply

Izzie Q.
02:43 Mar 10, 2021

OMG OMG OMGGGG THAT IS SO AMAZING!! How was it?? Are people crazy? Drama? ANYTHING? Details Aerin, I need details!! i'm too bored lol and i have to wait a whole other MONTH until i go back :(

Reply

02:51 Mar 13, 2021

YESSSS TY! AND OMG IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! The school I go to is a really weird technically-public-but-you-have-to-win-a-slim-random-lottery-to-get-in one with a brand-new building in the middle of a city, so the whole landscape was super cool. AND IT WAS BIZARRE SEEING ALL MY TEACHERS AND FRIENDS IN REAL LIFE AFTER A SEMESTER VIRTUAL!!!!! PE at the end of the 1st day (I got to school Tuesdays and Wednesdays) was especially fun because we could a) play with basketballs inside or b) go outside and chill in the courtyard. I did gymnastics a...

Reply

Izzie Q.
04:52 Mar 13, 2021

AHhh I'm gonna go to a school like that too! the lottery thing is SO weird XD but its amazing you got in! you are SO talented <3 I love city landscapes haha bustliling activity is my thing!! I feel comfortable in it, wbu? Oooh LUCKY! I have PE FIRST THING in the morning on some days and I just crawl under my desk haha T-T I love gymnatistics! Volleyball, ballet, and gymnastics are the only group/team sports I do and I love them with a PASSION! how long have you been into gymnatisc? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TELLING ME ABOUT YOUR DAY!!! It sound...

Reply

14:12 Mar 13, 2021

WOAHHHH that’s so cool! What’s the name of your school? (If you want to say. My school is HB Woodlawn.) Awww thank you!! You too <3 Yessss!!!! I mean, I’ve only been in the school for 2 days, but yea ☺️ Oh haha XD I mean, PE right in the morning sounds like a pain sometimes, but having PE at the END of a hard day? I’m so tired and over existing I barely do anything lol XD Oooooh that sounds so cool!!! I took ballet from like ages 2-5, then I did gymnastics from like 5-8, and I’m kinda self-taught beyond that (although once you know simple st...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
02:36 Mar 09, 2021

heyyyy

Reply

14:16 Mar 13, 2021

Heyyy

Reply

B. W.
14:51 Mar 13, 2021

How are ya?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
12:30 Mar 08, 2021

Is she slowly losing her mind? I am, too. The underlines spell a message, right? PLEASE NEVER TAKE THIS DOWN I LOVE IT.

Reply

13:34 Mar 08, 2021

Sayayayayayame, Em. 😌 Yup! It was originally gonna be a line in the story but I decided to make it a message instead :) I DON’T THINK I WILLL THANK YOU!

Reply

22:48 Mar 08, 2021

YAY!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Creed .
01:20 Mar 13, 2021

HA! I knew it! Though, I think I read the end wrong. Lol. How much of it did I get right? You’re never trapped. You always have a choice, so fly (mbirdfi?) what's this? I read it wrong or something.

Reply

02:48 Mar 13, 2021

Oh, haha, this is the message: You’re never trapped. You always have a choice. So fly, my bird, fly. (Weird right??)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply

Wow, this was so creative and unique, Aerin. I love how you switched between the different formats of text, from paragraphs to all types of poems. Also, it was really interesting how you used spacing, italics, underlining, to convey the message of the story. It flowed wonderfully and you showed the main character's feelings of being suffocated well. My only suggestion is in the line, "But you never touch your hair, for it’s the pride of your your mother." I think you meant to only have the word "your" once. Don't hate on your writing, Aeri...

Reply

01:27 Mar 12, 2021

Thank you so much! Whoops, thanks for catching that! :D Awwww shanks! <333

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lucas Zhou
20:31 Mar 07, 2021

lol That was pretty random...but i liked it.

Reply

02:53 Mar 13, 2021

Thanks, haha!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
00:48 Mar 07, 2021

What a way to make it to the 30-story milestone!!!!!! There were so many great bits of poetry in here. This was quite dark, but at least you didn't end it by killing her or smth XD And you said there was no plot. You're correct, ofc, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. You told a great story in 2nd person AND without much of a plot. That's not easy (at least, not for me)! I enjoyed this story nonetheless. I absolutely loved this story. Great work!! :)

Reply

15:42 Mar 07, 2021

YES A VERY BAD WAY!!!!!!! (I’m still not convinced it’s decent ahaha) Thank youuu! Haha, yurp, but it’s 10% as dark as the originally Grimm writings 😈 Like, in the real story, Rapunzel’s pregnant mom basically really wants a plant called Rapunzel. So her husband goes over a wall and steals it. And this witch is like, NOO DAT’S MINE! So she makes the mom give her Rapunzel once Rapunzel is born. So she’s snatched by a witch and up in a tower, then after like 18 years, this prince comes into the picture. But then Rapunzel gets pregnant and the ...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
15:11 Mar 31, 2021

MEEEEEEEP (I literally meeped out loud saying that...I’m genuinely obsessed with meeping lol)

Reply

MEEEEEEEEEEP (O mah goshhhhhh-you said "meep" while typing that? SMDIMIFMIEMAIJSUJUFNUSDFJDUZJAMUMSDSS MORE MEEEP)

Reply

15:23 Mar 31, 2021

MEEP MEEP MEEEEEEEP (Yup. As I did again reading your message. Did I mention I’m obsessed with The Art of Meepitude? NASNDIEKDNCNCDJCEIID MEEPS GALORE)

Reply

MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEEEP (no u didnt mention that-bio update by the way :D MEEEEEP!)

Reply

15:41 Mar 31, 2021

MEEEEEYEEEEYEEEEYEEEEYEEEEP (Oh cool, just checked that out! And hmm, Brian has a point*...those accounts are definitely connected. They all have commented on one story, which makes me wonder if that author is the big dv’er. Idk.) *I. Am. Obsessed. With. This. Pun.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
01:16 Mar 28, 2021

Heyyyyy

Reply

13:38 Mar 29, 2021

Hiii

Reply

B. W.
14:34 Mar 29, 2021

How have you been doing?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
10:15 Mar 26, 2021

HAPPY SPAM (no one did this to me, so I thought I'd make your day a little better :) 💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚...

Reply

13:42 Mar 29, 2021

(I know I’m responding super late but lol I haven’t been responding to notifs until nowwww) JAENRFIENN THANKSSS SIA, RIGHT BACK AT YA!!!!! 💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛

Reply

Sia S
15:06 Mar 29, 2021

(aw, it's okay :)) :D 💙🖤💙🖤💙🖤💙🖤💙🖤💙🖤💙🖤💙🖤💙🖤💙🖤💙🖤💙🖤💙🖤💙

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sia S
16:11 Mar 29, 2021

LUKE LEFT

Reply

21:53 Mar 29, 2021

OH MY GOSH NO YOU’VE BETTER BE KIDDING IF YOU’RE NOT KIDDING I’M GOING TO SMACK YOU THEN SMACK LUKE TWICE NOOOOOOOOO IMA GO CHECK HIS BIO

Reply

Sia S
01:34 Mar 30, 2021

Yes, please. I tried to stop him.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Maraika!!! 😎
19:25 Mar 25, 2021

OMG YOU DID NOT JUST GET DOWNVOTED LIKE 30000 POINTS!!!!!!!! WHAT THE FREAKIN HECK????!!!??!!?? THIS IS SO WRONG!!!! I WILL TRY TO UP VOTE YOU AS MUCH AS I CAN #StopDownvotingNow

Reply

13:46 Mar 29, 2021

(I know I’m responding super late but lol I haven’t been responding to notifs until nowwww) YUP I DID LOL BUT THANK YOUUU<333333

Reply

Maraika!!! 😎
18:39 Mar 29, 2021

I'm sooooo sorry this happened to you! :(((((((((((((

Reply

22:31 Mar 29, 2021

Aww thank <3

Reply

Maraika!!! 😎
23:49 Mar 29, 2021

Of course! You so nice. I can't belive someone could be so mean to take away you points. :(

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Meera Lakshmi
23:56 Mar 24, 2021

I am so sorry, I wish I could bring you back up but they are too strong. Stay positive. Love, Meera💕

Reply

23:57 Mar 24, 2021

Yeah...Tyy tho <33 You too! Love, Aerin

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
23:58 Mar 24, 2021

I wasn't able to get on the chat thing I didn't have edit access. I will be free at around 2:30 EST to chat tom March 25 if you want.

Reply

00:07 Mar 25, 2021

Oki dokes, you should be able to edit now! Now we can leave each other messages. Since the doc is saved in your drive/Google Docs, ima take the link down!

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
00:58 Mar 25, 2021

I am on the doc

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Meera Lakshmi
23:58 Mar 24, 2021

Even during school I'll check reedsy so if you happen to comment I should be able to respond

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
00:00 Mar 25, 2021

I am gonna miss you but take care of yourself. That is way more important than this disaster. Your work will never lose its value. Points are a number. Friendships and love are so much stronger.

Reply

00:06 Mar 25, 2021

<3333

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Lilliane Wei
23:54 Mar 24, 2021

Holy guacamole, Aerin, I'm so sorry to see you got downvoted so much! I'm here to help, hope to see you back on the leader board soon!!!

Reply

23:57 Mar 24, 2021

Thank youuu! And yea, it sucks. Tyyy <3 (but I’m pretty sure I’ll be knocked dead off the leaderboard soon...)

Reply

Lilliane Wei
00:13 Mar 25, 2021

:(((

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sunny 🌼
21:40 Mar 24, 2021

Hooooooly guacamole. I went over the Contest tab to find a prompt and while I was there I checked the leaderboard. I didn't see your name and I was SO SCARED but I found you! HOLY HECK YOU LOST SO MANY POINTS! WHAT EVEN HAPPENED?

Reply

22:04 Mar 24, 2021

I DON’T KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWW 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Reply

Sunny 🌼
22:17 Mar 24, 2021

D: this sucks, seriously.

Reply

22:18 Mar 24, 2021

So much...

Reply

Sunny 🌼
22:19 Mar 24, 2021

Don't let it get to you! You're an AMAZING author. You were seriously my role model when I first started Reedsy.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Meera Lakshmi
21:13 Mar 24, 2021

Aerin..

Reply

22:05 Mar 24, 2021

😭

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
22:06 Mar 24, 2021

Aerin..please stay long enough for me to talk

Reply

22:07 Mar 24, 2021

Of course I will...hi...

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
22:08 Mar 24, 2021

Do you have among us, because I can give you a code and we can chat in the waiting room privately

Reply

Show 0 replies
Meera Lakshmi
22:08 Mar 24, 2021

Do you have among us, because I can give you a code and we can chat in the waiting room privately

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
22:10 Mar 24, 2021

Aerin??

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Meera Lakshmi
22:06 Mar 24, 2021

I really need to talk to you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
21:12 Mar 24, 2021

I SUPPORT YOU. THE LEADERBOARD DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING TO ME, SO I WILL THROW MYSELF IN FRONT OF A DOWNVOTING BOMB TO SAVE YOU GUYS FROM IT. STOP DOWNVOTING. AND IF A DOWNVOTER SEES THIS, GET ME INSTEAD OF AERIN. SHE DOESN'T DESERVE IT.

Reply

22:07 Mar 24, 2021

AW THANK YOU!!!! BUT THE PROBLEM ISSSS IT’S UNAVOIDABLE THAT I *WON’T* BE DOWNVOTED. I WAS THE FIRST TO BE DOWNVOTED, THE MOST OFTEN TO BE DOWNVOTED, AND THE ONE TARGETED THE MOST UP UNTIL RECENT EVENTS. THE DOWNVOTER JUST HAS IT OUT FOR ME 😭😭😭😭😭

Reply

22:07 Mar 24, 2021

If I met them in real life I'd hex them

Reply

22:16 Mar 24, 2021

Same haha

Reply

Kat Sencen
04:42 Mar 25, 2021

You can downvote me, too, downvoter! I don't have many points, but it can take up at least a bit of time where you can't downvote someone who was LITERALLY FIRST PLACE (though you sort of seem to not care about that, but I'll at least try.)

Reply

Show 0 replies
11:26 Mar 25, 2021

Of course, this is a future where we can both find them, recognize them, have gone to Hogwarts, and can explain why we're just hexing muggles to the council.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Corbin Sage
20:21 Mar 24, 2021

Wow the downvoter is going very fast... what can I do to help?

Reply

22:09 Mar 24, 2021

Yeah, and now I’m knocked down to 17th place 😭😭😭😭 I mean, IF YOU WANT TO, you could upvote me, but please don’t feel pressured to. Thank you anyways <33

Reply

Corbin Sage
22:45 Mar 24, 2021

That's what I was doing for like 20 minutes 😭 I got u up like over 100 points and then the downvoter struck again

Reply

Show 0 replies
Corbin Sage
22:47 Mar 24, 2021

You said you had in person school today- how's that going?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
19:39 Mar 24, 2021

okay...okay... i've been going through a bunch of your old stories... and the amount of comments negative or 0 is really quite... sad. of course i have upvoted because come on 16000 points lost is terrible- like wtf. it is not fair.

Reply

22:10 Mar 24, 2021

Yeah...and now more like 22k 😭😭😭😭

Reply

05:35 Mar 25, 2021

correction 27k :(((😭😭😭

Reply

12:53 Mar 25, 2021

Correction 30k 😭😭😭

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:27 Mar 24, 2021

Arien....Noooooooooo!!!!!!!! I've posted 2 stories to address what's going on. Also, I've been upvoting you, but the points just keep going DOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWNNNNNNNN! :( :( :(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(-_--_--_--_--_-^﹏^^﹏^^﹏^:-\:-[

Reply

22:11 Mar 24, 2021

Ahhh I knowww 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Reply

00:07 Mar 25, 2021

:((((((((((((((((

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

I'm so sorry. No matter how many comments I upvote, the downvoter is still winning.

Reply

22:13 Mar 24, 2021

I know...but it’s not your fault. Thank you for your support <333

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

So I was active when a downvoter was active so it was just a batttle... Guess who won? Me :)

Reply

22:14 Mar 24, 2021

<3333 Tyyy lol

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.