Lab Rats (Pt 1)

Submitted into Contest #89 in response to: Start your story with a character taking a leap of faith.... view prompt

57 comments

Adventure Friendship Fantasy

if you would like to be included in this series... Go to my bio and copy the link! Thanks for all who did, and enjoy the story! -JJ











Lab Rats




?????’s POV: All alone. In one cage. How dumb are they? Pretty dumb if there keeping me, a girl with powers unthinkable locked up. If I wanted to, I could escape but I won’t, not yet, anyway. I smiled and watched as they hurt my friends. They weren’t going to get away with this. 




Ray’s POV: Olivia was our leader. She helped us in the hardest of times. She was strong and we were too. If she was weak, we’d help her out. But that was then, and this is now. Now, we’re in a lab, trapped for all of eternity. We will never get out. Until Olivia knows it’s time.




Michael’s POV: I feel a migraine and a knife stab me. The knife was in my arm, and the migraine was in my head. Everytime they stabbed me, I couldn’t control their hopeless little minds. Blood pours everywhere and I look at them as I go back to my tank. They throw me in the gooey water. I snarl and look at Tiana. She was the lab expert. She was always testing us. But her assistant, Coral, she’s nice. She always helps us. She makes sure we’re comfortable. I just wish I could say something.


Tiana’s POV: I stab Michael and look around. No Coral to be seen. It was weird that she always cared for them. I never did. They're freaks. No one would want… them. My pet owl named Finn, lands on my shoulder. I smile and scratch underneath his beak. He hoots and then closes his eyes. “Night Owl…” I manage to say.


Coral’s POV: I planted a Blue Star in my flower garden. I smile and look at the beautiful flowers I had planted. Maybe one day I’ll be able to get enough money to get a garden for myself. The freaks, (I don’t like calling them that but if I didn’t I’d be fired… boss is kinda rude…) intrigued me. They fascinated me with all their powers and magic. I switch my books to my shiny white slippers. I walk inside and my boss is mad.


((Fun fact! Blue Stars are real flowers! Sometimes in story’s you have to include some real elements to it as well, that way it’s not all made up.))


Jarita’s POV: I look at the flower garden. Coral had made it beautiful so far. I loved it. I smile and touch the glass of my cage I was kept in. Coral slips on her shiny shoes, walks out, and gets yelled at. Everyday is the same. No matter how many times she gets yelled at, she’ll always be in the garden. But sometimes she sculps. One time she made me a grey bowl, that way my food isn’t on the floor. She goes to my cage and asks, “what to sculpt today Jarita?” I look at her and then tap the glass in our secret language. She nods, and gets sculpting.





Author’s note: Helloooo! I hope you like how it’s going so far! I tried to make it as close to the character you gave me as possible. Now I’ll answer a few questions for you guys.


Q: Who is my favorite character so far? 

A: Probably Coral! She’s super cute when she’s a scientist. It gives the happy vibes.


Q: Why do some of them have bigger paragraphs? And why isn’t mine bigger?!

A: I wrote what was necessary for this section here. If you want it bigger, ask! I’ll try and have something happen!


Q: Who’s your least favorite?

A: Sorry Lone Wolf! Tiana is my least favorite. Well, it’s kinda a tie… I also am kinda eh on Michael?


Q: Why are there question marks on the first character POV?

A: You’ll find out next time! (Literally everyone: NUUUUUUUU)


Special thanks to,


Hehe hedgehog 🦔🦔🦔

💜Amethyst💜

Bucky Barnes

W.W. Skybelle

Lone Wolf 🐺 

Powerful Thanos

And myself! 


Thank you for submitting a form!!!


















April 15, 2021 17:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

57 comments

🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥 HE'S SO CUTEEEEEEe

Reply

22:40 Apr 15, 2021

YUSSSSSS!

Reply

Show 0 replies
22:41 Apr 15, 2021

NUTELLA HAS BLESSED U!

Reply

Thank you! To both you and Nutella!

Reply

22:51 Apr 15, 2021

YUUUUUSSSSS! NUTELLA LOVES U

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Valerie June
22:01 Apr 15, 2021

There’s so many mysterious vibes here! This series is off to a great start, and I can’t wait to read more. (And yes, I agree with all of the answers in the Q&A section. XD)

Reply

22:02 Apr 15, 2021

XD

Reply

Valerie June
22:03 Apr 15, 2021

You weren’t kidding when you said that you reply quickly!

Reply

22:04 Apr 15, 2021

HEHEHEHEHEHE

Reply

Valerie June
22:04 Apr 15, 2021

Also, 🦥 is really such an adorable emoji.

Reply

22:05 Apr 15, 2021

OMG ISNT HE! I NEED TO NAME HIM.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
J The Hedgehog
17:46 Dec 10, 2021

Bestie i love the story 😄

Reply

19:59 Dec 13, 2021

Love yah too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

J The Hedgehog
22:26 Dec 14, 2021

I see you still love to write 😃

Reply

14:49 Dec 15, 2021

Of course I do! :) I miss you, Evan, and Blake sooooooo much! But the people here are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much nicer then those at Leo. I will now give you invisible hug *huggo* I love you so much and wish you a very Merry Christmas. (remember the vibe tree? lol I miss it)

Reply

J The Hedgehog
13:31 Jan 14, 2022

I miss you too

Reply

18:36 Jan 14, 2022

:((((

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Riya 🌺
00:38 Apr 24, 2021

I really enjoyed reading this story. Also, 🦥. Like, ohmygod, how have I never seen this before!!! 🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥 I love him!!!!

Reply

10:28 Apr 24, 2021

YUSSSSSS HE SO CUT

Reply

Riya 🌺
01:17 Apr 25, 2021

Ikr!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Tanay Jain
00:33 Apr 24, 2021

Oooh! I really like this story! Also, I agree with you, this emoji is soo adorable🦥!!!

Reply

10:28 Apr 24, 2021

YUSSSSSS

Reply

Tanay Jain
01:23 Apr 25, 2021

And this one https://cultofthepartyparrot.com/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
23:37 Apr 15, 2021

wow, nice first part! (it's alright, my characters aren't often liked poor mason lol) Nutella is so cute! 🦥🦥🦥 ;) can't wait for the next part!

Reply

17:00 May 07, 2021

:) XD

Reply

TJ Squared
17:16 May 07, 2021

hehehe how have you been?

Reply

18:12 May 07, 2021

Gooooood

Reply

TJ Squared
18:13 May 07, 2021

that's good :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Creed .
17:51 Apr 15, 2021

Btw, it's Jarita, not Jartia. 😁 Off to a great start! Keep it coming!

Reply

17:53 Apr 15, 2021

OOOPS- big mistake! I’ll fix it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Dhwani Jain
08:50 Jun 26, 2021

Sorry Alone Warrior, I didn't understand the story much right now..maybe it'll be clear in the next part... Where are you from?

Reply

20:09 Jul 29, 2021

Ok! Thank you for being honest! I really love when people say what they really think about my story’s so thx! And I am from Indiana, you?

Reply

Dhwani Jain
02:33 Jul 30, 2021

Welcome! I am from the same place as your state, just drop the last 'na'...

Reply

18:06 Aug 16, 2021

lol

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Akshara P
00:19 Jun 14, 2021

OMG! I am already obsessed with Nutella! 🥰 Eeeeeeeek! 🦥 🦥 🦥 🦥 🦥 🦥

Reply

18:46 Jun 17, 2021

🥰🥰🥰🥰

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🐁🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🐁🐁🦥🐁🐀🐀🐀🐁🐁🐁🦥🦥🐁🐁🐁🐁🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐁🐁🦥🦥🐁🐁🐀🐁🦥🦥🐁🐀🐀🐀🐁🦥🦥🐁🐀🐀🐀🦥🦥🐁🐁🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥🦥 Lab rats and Nutella!

Reply

11:47 Apr 28, 2021

YESSSSS!

Reply

16:46 Apr 28, 2021

:>

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
15:58 Apr 21, 2021

I just realized I never gave you any feedback! Sorry for being so late! The character traits were very well done, and the concept of this is great. This series is such a good idea. Can't wait for the next part! Great job!

Reply

16:34 Apr 21, 2021

Thanks! And np for being late!

Reply

16:49 Apr 21, 2021

No problem.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
AntMan 🐜
20:08 Apr 19, 2021

I love it! Love the 3rd person and different perspectives! all the character traits and work you had to put into this story played out beautifully!

Reply

20:09 Apr 19, 2021

Thank uuuuuuu!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
15:47 Apr 16, 2021

Please read my stories, don't just like them.

Reply

15:50 Apr 16, 2021

Oki!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
23:10 Apr 15, 2021

YAHOOOO LET'S GO FIRST PART- The concept is super cool :) Critiques: since the POV's switch very quickly, the reader might be confused, so you could make them each a bit bigger for the next part :) In your note about the blue stars, you could just get rid of the part after "Fun fact! Blue Stars are real flowers!" because after that, people already know what you're talking about :) " “what to sculpt today Jarita?” " add a comma in between 'today' and 'Jarita' :) GRATE 🧀🧀🧀 job!!! lmk when the next part comes out :D ~ Amethyst

Reply

11:50 Apr 16, 2021

:D Thanks!

Reply

21:09 Apr 16, 2021

np! :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.