What you give comes back to you

Submitted into Contest #67 in response to: Write about a pirate captain obsessed with finding a mythical treasure.... view prompt

45 comments

Adventure Mystery Suspense

Title: What you give comes back to you

By: Haripriya


Authors Note: Hello everyone! I hope you are having a good day! So, in this story, you might find a lot of words/phrases that may seem weird or doesn't make sense... but those words/phrases are pirate lingo. I tried to make it sound like an actual pirate is talking, to make the story a bit more engaging and fun for the readers. Again, thank you for checking out my story and I hope you have a blast reading it!


"Ahoy, Me Hearties! Avast Ye! Blimey! For I see... something golden and shiny, waiting for me. It looks like a booty! Now, what are we waiting for? All hand hoy!" Captain Beard ordered his crew.

They were sailing towards the north of the sea, to an island where they believe is lost, and no one has ever found it, but them. They will be heard and celebrated all round' the world for being the first crew to find the lost island. Many say that those who go there don'tΒ everΒ come back. Rumors also say that there are gold and treasure on the island. No one was brave enough to go there, no one but Captain Beard. Alas, stubborn Captain Beard isn't your regular captain. He is a daredevil, takes on challenges, and proves that he is the most courageous man in the world. He does what he does, andΒ no oneΒ will ever cross his way to stop him, oh no. If you even are that brave, then those will be the last words you ever utter.

"You mean Captain... that we are about to find a coffer?" asked Blue eye, one of the members of his crew.

"Aye Blue eye!" hollered Captain Beard with enlightenment.

"Yo ho ho!! Mateys!! Worry not! We will all be rich! For once we find the coffer, our trusty Captain will share all the gold and riches with us!! We can finally be free!" Blue eye screamed.

"Why did you say that to everyone, you scurvy dog? Once we find the booty, I will take it for meself I will!" Captain Beard smirked.

He squeezed Blue eye's collar so hard that poor Blue eye couldn't breathe.

"But... but..." Blue eye stammered, looking disappointed.

"Oh, Blue eye. You know what happens to people who cross me, savvy?" asked Captain Beard.

"Yes... captain, I do. Our complaints will be the last words uttered." Blue eye told the captain.

"Good." Captain Beard replied coldly.

"Sorry, mateys! We cannot plunder the booty." Blue eye told their entire crew.

Suddenly, Blue eye saw Silver tooth calling him. Curious, Blue eye walked up to Silver tooth.

"Ahoy matey! What is it?" asked Blue eye.

"Blue eye, why can't we blow the man down?" asked Silver tooth.

"Well... you know what happens if we do that. We are here for our family. As long as we work for him, our home will be safe. As for the coffer, I bet he will give us some of the gold." Blue eye replied flatly.

"I hope you are right." Silver tooth said and heaved a sigh.

✧✧✧

As long sea hours passed, the sun slowly started to set. Everyone on the deck was working very hard to sail the ship as fast as they could. But soon, their luck passed out as their compass stopped working when they reached closer, and closer to the island. But Captain Beard wasn't going to give up. He needed that treasure to become the richest pirate in the world. Why he might even become the richest man in the entire world!

"Don't you want me ship to be clipper? Stop moving it like a rat would you, and go faster!! I want that coffer now! Do you lot understand?" Captain Beard threatened the crew members.

No one wanted to make Captain Beard cross.

"But Captain Beard? Please? Can't we take a break? Looks like a big thunderstorm is heading our path. Also, our compass stopped working. It's getting dark right now. Let's start tomorrow! I assure you that the booty isn't going anywhere!" Silver tooth spoke up.

"Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! Shiver me timbers! Do you know who I am Silver tooth? Scourge of the seven seas. Ye Silver tooth! Son of a biscuit eater! Do you want to walk the plank and become shark bait?" warned Captain Beard.

"N-n...no! Sorry, Captain Beard." stammered Silver tooth.

"Good. Now bring a spring upon β€˜er! By me spyglass, I can spot the booty! All you tars, turn!" ordered Captain Beard.

For some reason, Captain Beard was always obsessed with finding this treasure. The legend once said that inside the treasure, whatever wish you seek will be granted. But no one knows if it is true or not. Whatever it was, Captain Beard was going to be the first one to capture it.

"Now everyone! Make sure that everything is shipshape! For we are going to make another spring upon β€˜er! All of you sing our chanty and raise the sail!" alarmed Captain Beard.

"Aye aye captain!" everyone yelled at the same time.

"One... two... three!!" Blue eye counted.

"Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.

We pillage plunder, we rifle and loot.

Stand up me hearties, yo ho.

We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot.

Stand up me hearties, yo ho.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.

We extort and pilfer, we filch and sack.

Stand up me hearties, yo ho.

Maraud and embezzle and even highjack.

Stand up me hearties, yo ho.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.

We kindle and char and in flame and ignite.

Stand up me hearties, yo ho.

We burn up the city, we're really a fright.

Stand up me hearties, yo ho.

We're rascals and scoundrels, we're villains and knaves.

Stand up me hearties, yo ho.

We're devils and black sheep, we're really bad eggs.

Stand up me hearties, yo ho.

We're beggars and blighters and ne'er do-well cads,

Stand up me hearties, yo ho.

Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,

Stand up me hearties, yo ho.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me."

As the crew members worked hard to pull the sail and keep going, the weather condition was getting worse and worse. Lightning struck and soon burnt the sail into thin air. There was a whirlpool. Everything was starting to go downhill. As for Captain Beard, well he pulled the sailboat from the underside of the ship and sailed for his life. He laughed maniacally as his ship drowned.

"Hahaha! See ye scurvy dogs!! Watching the ship scuttle with all ye is the best laugh I have ever had in years! Ahoy son of biscuit eaters!" Captain Beard mocked all of them as he continued sailing.

"I told you Blue eye! We should have cleaved him to the brisket! Look at him, sailing off without even caring about ye or any of us for that matter. We all should have blown the man down when we had the chance!" yelled Silver eye with the utmost rage.

Sadly enough, their ship only had one sailboat which the captain had took away for himself. The rest of the crew were stuck inside the ship, and as the waves were getting worse, they all got pulled inside by the whirlpool. The ship sank and reached to the bottom of the ocean.

✧✧✧

"Oh, all those fools are probably long gone! Haha! The booty is all mine! I will be known as the bravest man in the world!" Captain Beard laughed hysterically.

Soon, he surpassed the bad storms and saw the lost island. Oh, how joyful he was when he stepped on the soft sand. When he walked some more, he saw the coffer, he was overjoyed.

"Aye! I have succeeded! Now me shall open this booty!" he exclaimed.

Only when he opened it, he saw nothing. It was empty.

"Sink me! Why there isn't anything! All me life, me dreams, they're all ruined! What a waste of time it was." he angrily stomped back to shore, but to his surprise, his sailboat was gone.

Captain Beard was stuck on the island to this day.

The End


November 06, 2020 21:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

45 comments

Hello everyone!! I hope you like this pirate-themed story! So as I said above, there will be a LOT of pirate lingo in here, and if you don't understand the meaning of it, well feel free to ask me down in the comments, and I will be more than happy to answer your questions! Have a great day! Stay happy and safe everyone!❀️

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
01:37 Nov 08, 2020

i got the story out ^^ could ya please check out "Otherworldly repairs" and then leave some feedback on it?

Reply

B. W.
03:18 Nov 08, 2020

thanks ^^ im excited to see what ya think

Reply

B. W.
00:52 Nov 23, 2020

i know you mostly like all my stories- but my gosh my first story on here was really terrible

Reply

No it wasn't...as a matter of fact, I quite enjoyed it.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kristin Neubauer
07:16 Nov 07, 2020

You did a really nice job with the pirate lingo - I did feel so immersed in the world you created. How did you write that so fast? The prompt only came out today!

Reply

I know, it's just that I get my ideas really quickly. Also, when I saw this prompt, I just knew I HAD to write it! But, thank you for the kind words! :)

Reply

Kristin Neubauer
20:13 Nov 09, 2020

It's amazing that you could write it so quickly and with such a command of pirate-speak!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
22:17 Nov 18, 2020

Love the pirate theme and keeping with the lingo. It makes the story seem far more engaging. I used some cat lingo in one of mine. Sometimes the lingo is need. Thanks for keeping it authentic like. Well done.

Reply

Thanks! (Btw, I am currently working on your critique right now!!)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Saizen 🦜
12:17 Nov 07, 2020

It's impressive how fast you came up with new stories all the time! What happened to the sailboat in the end?? Btw, I've made a new story, please check it out if you like:)

Reply

Hello there!! Yeah, I got an idea to write a story for this one, that's why! Also, the sailboat part is the mystery here, since it was a mysterious island, weird things start happening. I would LOVE to check out your new story! I bet you did an amazing job writing it! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
B. W.
10:21 Nov 07, 2020

10/10 :)

Reply

Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.