837 comments

Fantasy Teens & Young Adult

Zio sat across from me on an old couch nearby, which I'm surprised was even still standing and hadn't collapsed yet. Why do I even keep that? "You and me? You're saying we're siblings?"

My "brother" nodded at the question and then spoke, "Yes, I've been trying to find one of my siblings for the past couple of days. Now that I managed to-"

I put one of my fingers up to shush him while staying where I was (No way am I gonna go near or touch my so-called "brother") and then proceeded to ask, "Hold on. Why have you been looking for one of your siblings?"

"Well, I was honestly hoping that we could-"

"You planning on trying to kill me or one of the others when you have our trust??"

While I wasn't looking in his direction anymore, I managed to hear what was probably him falling off of the couch. "Huh?...no no of course not! I'd never try to do any of that, I promise."

There were light footsteps after he said that (I honestly thought it was just the old floorboards creaking at first.) as a cold and light hand was set on my shoulder. "Now, if you would please just let me explain and-"

"Don't. Touch. Me." I quickly slapped his hand away from my shoulder, then backed up a little bit. What does he think he's doing? Also, why was his hand so cold?

"Oh gosh, I'm sorry I didn't..."

"Whatever. You can still explain whatever it is you wanted to explain, but just don't touch me."

He put himself back onto the couch and patted the other side of it like he wanted me to come and sit down. It's not that close to him, fine...though he better not try anything.

It didn't take long for him to start explaining after that, I swear he could explain for over twenty-four hours if nobody stopped him. I didn't care that much though, so I was zoning out a lot.

"...And I was thinking that if me and some of my siblings went together, we'd have a little chat with our father and maybe stop him? All of the children of Zeus get treated like they're just like him, I hate it."

Alright, he's probably crazy. Going and trying to take on your father, who is one of the most powerful gods, what could go wrong? This idea in general is a bit crazy...I like that.

I'm not sure how long I was zoning out for again, though he was still going. "...Well, that's all that's happened to me when others figured out who I was the child of...has anything happened to you?"

Even though the last part was in a mumble, I managed to hear him say, "Wait no, why did I ask that?! That was stupid. Who would want to talk about it?" he had probably said some more, but I didn't care or manage to hear the rest.

"I...I don't want to talk about it."

"Did I-"

"Shut it. Though you really want to go and do and do that?"

He nodded a little bit and then asked, "Yes, it would be for all the children of Zeus! I'm sure you must have thought about doing it sometimes, so what do you say?"

"...Sure...let's do it."

***

I think it's been about twenty minutes since I've been walking through the forest, though I had a little feeling that I'd find someone soon.

Luckily Lia or none of the others had decided to come with me, what if they got hurt? Or what if they got killed? Who knows what Zeus would do to them, wait actually...

"Hah! Finally!"

Without much thinking after hearing the voice, I started to head towards it. Maybe it would be someone I was looking for? Or maybe it was someone that could help me find someone I was looking for.

After going through a couple of large trees, I finally spotted someone. There was a girl standing in the center, a tree was on its side in front of her. Was she the one I was looking for?

Wait a minute...was that tree struck by lightning? Huh, could she have done that...?

"Wow..."

"Huh? Who's there?!"

***

"Hey, I didn't actually get your name yet."

"My name? It's Zinaida."

He had this certain look on his face (I think I know what he was thinking when he heard that...) as he then started to ask, "Wait a minute, doesn't that mean of Z..."

"Yeah yeah I know, now shush."

It was probably about an hour of silence between the two of us (at least that's what it felt like to me though, it could have been a few minutes.) while he awkwardly coughed.

"So, what do you usually like to do?" we had asked in unison.

"Ah jeez, I've never really done that much stuff. I just hang out with my friends and wife when I can, what about you?"

"Train."

He got off of the couch and began to pace around me, or at least that's what I think he was doing. "What else do you do?"

"Nothing, I just train."

"Wait, are you serious?"

"Why would I be lying?"

He sighed and sat back next to me, he was a bit closer but luckily he still wasn't touching me or anything. "You know what? I'm going to make sure you relax, you're not gonna train for a while. It's quite nice to just have some fun..."

"But what about the whole thing we just talked about? Going to see our father and try to stop him? Shouldn't we be training instead? You definitely need to..."

"Listen, you'd still need to be feeling well and rested when we eventually do it. You might just push yourself or something if you always do this."

"But-"

"How about this? If you relax and just have some fun with me for a while, you can help me train if you want, or just really anything you'd wanna do. Your probably correct about me needing to do this anyway..."

"Fine..."

"Good, now come with me, please. I have the perfect idea on what we could do first."

January 26, 2021 08:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

837 comments

Maya -
15:01 Feb 01, 2021

Hey! Hope you're having a nice day! :D ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪ We're playing Skribble again today at 3:30 EST, would you like me to send you the link? :)

Reply

B. W.
17:24 Feb 01, 2021

Yeah sure ^^

Reply

Maya -
17:31 Feb 01, 2021

Yay! :DDD

Reply

B. W.
19:28 Feb 01, 2021

This'll be fun ^^

Reply

Maya -
19:56 Feb 01, 2021

Yeah! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
20:25 Jan 29, 2021

https://skribbl.io/?QMzdRNtmkoMk

Reply

B. W.
20:46 Jan 29, 2021

Thisll be fun ^^

Reply

Maya -
21:28 Jan 29, 2021

It was fuunnnnn playing with ya! :D

Reply

B. W.
22:30 Jan 29, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
00:29 Jan 29, 2021

hiiii im bored too so i came here :)

Reply

B. W.
02:03 Jan 29, 2021

do ya think the new prompts will be good?

Reply

02:07 Jan 29, 2021

hmm, i don't know, the topics always are kinda random.

Reply

B. W.
03:39 Jan 29, 2021

Have ya made a story recently?

Reply

15:52 Jan 29, 2021

Yep I wrote part 5 to my series called Golden Music The first part was an idea off an idea generator and it kinda transformed into a series :P

Reply

B. W.
18:15 Jan 29, 2021

nice ^^

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
16:44 Jan 27, 2021

New thread? Also, I posted a new story. :)

Reply

B. W.
18:41 Jan 27, 2021

You did? I'll check it out soon if you want ^^

Reply

Maya -
18:42 Jan 27, 2021

Okay, thanks! :D

Reply

B. W.
20:34 Jan 27, 2021

I'm a bit busy though, so it might take a while

Reply

Maya -
20:34 Jan 27, 2021

That's fine. Here's our game link if you want to play: https://skribbl.io/?hwBGtYgaB9f6

Reply

B. W.
20:39 Jan 27, 2021

Whos all playing?

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Hey, I think that this is one of the best parts I read in this sequel you wrote B! Great job! :)

Reply

B. W.
02:40 Jan 27, 2021

Thanks ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

I just loved the way you described the characters and everything going on in the story in so much detail.

Reply

B. W.
23:58 Jan 27, 2021

Thanks :) whats something you wanna see happen in the next part?

Reply

Hmm...you know what? I like the element of surprise. ;)

Reply

B. W.
20:54 Jan 28, 2021

alright, so how have ya been?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Megan Sutherland
19:16 Jan 26, 2021

I loved it!!! Your dialogue flowed so smoothly. Great improvement!! -Meg

Reply

B. W.
20:48 Jan 26, 2021

Thanks ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part or anything? I wrote the story at like 3am or something, so I'm surprised that its good.

Reply

Megan Sutherland
00:47 Jan 27, 2021

B I liked it allllllllllllllll. I am really impressed by your dialogue thooooo like it flowed so nicely

Reply

B. W.
02:46 Jan 27, 2021

Is there anything you'd wanna see happen in the next part?

Reply

Megan Sutherland
02:50 Jan 27, 2021

hhmhmhmhmhmhmmhmmhmhmmhmhmhhmmhhmmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmmhhmmhmhh like an epic battle? idk eheheheheheheh

Reply

B. W.
04:19 Jan 27, 2021

Like a battle between Zio and his father?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
18:17 Jan 26, 2021

Yay! This was so great! The dialogue between Zio and his sister was realistic and flowed well. You showed their relationship where she was cautious of him and he was being careful not to upset her well. You described the problem with being children of Zeus perfectly throughout the story and the plot was really interesting. Amazing job! I can't wait for the next part! :D

Reply

B. W.
19:10 Jan 26, 2021

Thanks so much, I'm glad you liked it ^^ did you maybe have a favorite in the story, and is there something you'd wanna see happen in the next part of the story?

Reply

Maya -
19:29 Jan 26, 2021

No problem! My favorite part was just seeing the characters again and the plot was well thought out. I'm not sure what should happen next, you left off this part at an interesting part of the story, though.

Reply

B. W.
20:51 Jan 26, 2021

You could probably tell that his sister doesn't really like to be touched and stuff, do ya wanna guess why that is?

Reply

Maya -
20:52 Jan 26, 2021

I don't know, why?

Reply

B. W.
20:57 Jan 26, 2021

There's a few reasons, would you wanna wait until it might be said in another part or something? I could maybe tell you some of the stuff if you want though now?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
15:42 Jan 31, 2021

Wooo I love where this series is going! “ Zinaida” is such a cool name. Awesome :D

Reply

B. W.
16:26 Jan 31, 2021

Thanks so much ^^ and I might be wrong, but "Zinaida" actually means "Of Zeus" or something like that.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.