it has begun

Submitted into Contest #60 in response to: Write a post-apocalyptic thriller.... view prompt

146 comments

Adventure Fantasy Thriller

while yes this is a part to my demi-god series it isn't part 4 to the crossover this is just a little thing until Kate can make her part, i finally managed to think of what else to do, so i hope you all enjoy this.

Three Demi-Gods were walking through the forest, they didn't really like staying in the camp that often. They had heard new demi-god's arrived and decided to stay away a bit longer.

There was the daughter of Ate, Alexis. The son of Hypnos, Hayes. last but not least there was the daughter of Hebe, Hollie. They all usually stayed out of the camp for a few hours.

"What's the point of even staying at the camp? None of us are really that important, i say we head home." Alexis had to almost yell this because, well, Hayes was floating way above them in the sky.

"Go home to who? You know what happened and our godly parent's don't even care about us. I say we're better by staying in the woods." Hollie told the two.

Hayes sighs as he looked up at the sky, it was getting quite dark and he could see some faint sparkling stars up there. He floated down and suggested, "Well...why don't we sleep right here for tonight?" he wished he could go to his cabin.

They all lay against a tree with Hayes laying on a few heavy tree-branches. "Tomorrow will we head back to the camp? they might start to worry for us.." Hayes asked.

Neither of the two said anything at first, so he assumed that they were ignoring him. "Fine...be like-" He heard faint snoring, looks like they fell asleep quite quickly.

Hayes mumbled something to himself as he looked up into the sky looking into the stars. It didn't take that long before Hayes himself fell asleep.

"huh...? where am i..?" Hayes seemed to be somewhere in the camp, but he was never at the camp that much to even remember. He could see a boy a bit older than him sitting on a bed though.

He didn't know anyone at the camp that well besides Alexis and Hollie, though he remembers the name being Arren. He had heard about how Some other's like Arren went to the underworld to save a friend.

Alexis had told the two of them on how a few of them got to meet their parent's not to long ago. Lucky. "Come on dad! am i not good enough??" He heard Arren say.

Hayes watched in confusion until he noticed something on the boy's shoulders. There would be a certain symbol on everyone's shoulders on who their parent was. They'd always have it though, you wouldn't need to meet them. it was there from day one.

He noticed that on Arren's shoulder was a Lyre, that was the symbol of Apollo. He knew that most of the god's would never really want to meet their kid, Apollo was one of them.

It hadn't came to Hayes on what he had been doing, it just came to him now. "Wait...I'm in his dream! I've never been able to do that before!"

Hayes had gotten so excited that he had woke up and cheered, "WOO-HOO!" Alexis woke up and fell off of the tree, she must have gotten onto it while he was asleep.

"Hayes! what the heck was that about??" she asked in a whisper, she didn't want to wake Hollie up. How do you explain it?? They had SOME powers but nothing like this, this had been one of the main ones!

He had been trying to find a way to tell her, though before he could the two of them heard something like laughing. It was about 3 am but they didn't really care, so they went looking for it.

They leave Hollie behind though because she'd probably be really angry if she got woken up. Besides, the two of them would be gone for just a few minutes.

The two of them reach a big cave and Hayes decided to look inside and see what was going on. "That's...Hercules??" Alexis said in a shocked whisper.

They had first just thought it was Hercules in the cave by himself laughing at a joke he made, they were wrong. Monsters. They saw so Many Monsters.

There was a Cyclops, there were Zombies, there were Hydra's. So many Monsters. Too many to count. Alexis could have sworn she saw Medusa in the group as well.

"Holy Crap...did he capture all of those things??" Hayes asked Alexis in a whisper. She covered his mouth though as Hercules began to speak, she wanted to hear what was going on.

"Sir? Now that you have all of them...now what?" The Cyclops spoke up. Hercules had only one cyclops in the cave, he only needed one and that's it.

Hayes started to have a strange feeling in his stomach so he started to get away from the cave. Though on accident he hit his side on accident on the way out. He flinched as a few small rock's fell down.

Alexis began to back away while grabbing Hayes's hand, they thought that they had gotten away without being noticed. "Kids!" Medusa had spotted them.

Hercules' eyes widened as he turned around and saw the two of them, how long had they been there for? "Well, after them! don't let them get back to the camp, it's time!"

A few of the Zombie's stood up followed by one of the Hydra's started to get out of the cave. camp seems like a safe place to be right about now! Alexis thought as she began to run.

This wasn't that big of a deal, Hercules had already decided that now was the time to attack. If those kid's hadn't even shown up it would have been the same, though why not let some more be killed?

The Hydra and The Zombies began to chase the two of them to the camp, they could hear all the others such as Medusa beginning to go after them as well.

Hayes realized something while he and Alexis were running, though it was already too late. They had left the sleeping Hollie at the tree, she was going to die.

If we can get to the camp before those thing's get us though, everyone else will be able to survive and defeat those things! Alexis thought to herself.

Okay yes, this one story might be the worst out of them all, so just tell me what i need to edit or something. This also isn't part 4 this is just a little thing in between it, part 4 will be with Kate Ulrich. what did you think of these characters? While this is happening, the others had just gotten there to try and tell meg.

September 22, 2020 20:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

146 comments

Laiba M
21:25 Sep 22, 2020

Love it!! Good job, Hope :) I liked the part at the end when they realized they left the sleeping Hollie at the tree, it was interesting!! My favorite character was Alexis because I liked her thought process~

Reply

B. W.
21:27 Sep 22, 2020

thank's i'm glad you liked it ^^ in general what do you think about these characters?

Reply

Laiba M
21:28 Sep 22, 2020

I liked their connections! It's a nice group :) Their personalities really seemed to click in this story! Maybe you can take it to a point where there's a misunderstanding and it gets fixed eventually just for some drama haha

Reply

B. W.
21:30 Sep 22, 2020

anything else? ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.