407 comments

Science Fiction Romance Sad

The narrow streets of cobblestone stretched out in front of him, the seemingly endless slabs of rock sandwiched between crumpling old buildings. 

He dragged his old, frail body along the winding road, wincing whenever his toe caught on the side of a stone.

But he wouldn’t stop. He couldn’t.

After all, Elenyi, his sweetheart, his love, depended on him.

It’s been 49 years since the tragic event that changed humanity forever, and yet the streets were still empty, devoid of joy.

Children would stay indoors, their mothers clutching them close to her chest, unease lingering even 49 years after the Third World War, the war that had finally crumpled society as he knew it.

Where magnificent, tall, modern buildings once stood were now replaced by short, stubby houses made out of stone. There was a time when robots had done everything for humans, acting as faithful servants. But now things had to be done by hand, people hunting, scraping, gathering for just a small portion of food that could barely fill the children’s mouths. Many animals and berries were poisonous, the radiation still mingling in their blood, intoxicating them. 

The war really had destroyed the world, just as people predicted, knocking it back to how it was thousands of years ago.

He was one of the only people still alive that had been put in Survival Group Number 12, everyone else had droven themselves to the verge of suicide. So, in a way, he was lucky for lasting so long, but he certainly didn’t feel lucky. He had seen the people that he had grown close to, some more than others, die off, one by one, and he would always remember his first day in the bunker.


************************************************************


The bunker had a horrible stench, the smell mixing in with the slight dampness. There were 30 of us stuffed into the bunker, 15 male and 15 female. And yet, even with all those people, there was plenty of room to move, as we had to do exercises everyday to keep healthy. I didn’t know anyone there, and was excited to meet new people.

A robot walked to the front of the room, and went over our schedule.

“Hello, humans of Survival Group Number 12. You have been put here to repopulate the world after World War III, just in case that the war would wipe out the human race. Everyday, you will have the same routine. You will wake up at 6:30 every morning, eat, and at 7:00 you will start your exercises. At 12:00 you would take a lunch break, and then continue your training until 8:45. You will go to sleep at exactly 10:00. The time between will be your free time, where you can socialize and do whatever you wish. Humans, you must stay fit in order to survive this war, which is why your fitness will be our priority. Do you have any questions?”

A girl with pretty blonde hair raised her hand. 

“Yes, Elenyi?” 

“Will this war really be the end of humanity?” She looked skeptical.

“We do not know, and we will hope not. But just in case it does, this is our backup plan.”

Elenyi nodded, and thanked the robot.

“What happens if we decide to skip our training?” Another person, a skinny boy with a smirk on his face asked.

Robots don’t have any emotion, but I could swear I saw this robot’s eyes darken. “You don’t want to find out.”

The robot dismissed us, and showed us our rooms. The boys and girls had different chambers, but they both consisted of bunk beds stacked onto one another. 

We took the first day off, and introduced ourselves to the people we would be with for the rest of the war.

The rooms all had an artificial sun plant that gave us the same nutrients that the sun gave us, but it still wasn’t the same.  

I’ve always hated artificial things, but ever since the 2500s, natural beauty was getting harder and harder to come by.

I guess this was just how life was now.


************************************************************


People looked at him through their torn windows, casting curious glances his way. He never looked back, though, and only continued pulling himself along the road.

“What are you doing, Mister?” A young girl broke the silence, calling to him. 

He didn’t answer. After all, how could such a young girl understand his reasons? He had endured so much… Too much… 

Didn’t he deserve some happiness? Some love?

The things that the robots had done to him in the Survival Group shouldn’t be done to any living being. It had changed him, scarring him forever. He would never forget that day, the day that changed him forever...


************************************************************


I had promised myself that I would never skip my training, but after years passed of endless exercising, the desire to skip increased by the day. 

We trained all day, and most of us were too tired to even enjoy our break time, falling asleep instanting as soon as training was over. I was heading to my bunk, when my friend Odo came up behind me.

“Hey Kael,” he whispered. “I know you’re getting tired of this, they’re basically treating us like dogs! I’m going to skip training tomorrow, would you like to join me?”

I opened my mouth to say no, to protest that we shouldn’t, but what came out was the exact opposite. “Yeah, sure.”

After all, what harm could it do?

That night I went to sleep excited, for at last life would fall out of the usual schedule, and at least I would have something to look forward to.

The next day, when Odo and I went to the bathroom, we never came out. We stayed there, talking and gossiping about girls. The excitement of being caught kept us on our toes, and I felt energy course through me.

Soon, before we knew it, the bell for lunch sounded, and we hurried out of the bathroom to go eat.

Nobody noticed we were gone, and I sighed a breath of relief. 

But that relief was short-lived.

Two robots marched into the cafeteria, each one taking a hold of Odo and I, pulling us onto our feet.

I felt my heart speed up, pounding in my ears, blocking out the rest of the world. Somehow, someway, they had caught us.

But I felt a smile slowly creep onto my face. I was caught skipping training, surely that made me a bad boy, right? And I knew that all the ladies loved a man who doesn’t comply with the rules.

The robot marched us out, and Odo winked at me before he disappeared around a corner. My robot led me into an all white room, the white almost blinding me.

“We told you not to skip your training, and yet you didn’t listen to us. That means that we must punish you, do you understand?”

I was getting worried now, I thought that all they would do was give me a long lecture, but something didn’t feel right.

“Wait! I’m sorry! Please, I was being stupid! Please forgive me!” I cried out. I didn’t know why I was feeling so scared, just minutes before I had felt confidence. 

“It’s too late for apologies now. You’re not sorry yet, but you will be.”

And then I felt something inside of me snap.

It wasn’t physical, but it was inside of my mind, which was almost worse. I felt like my mind was being twisted around a burning stick, and then stabbed multiple times with a knife. 

I screamed, my voice ringing out into the room. “PLEASE! PLEASE STOP… I WON’T DO IT AGAIN, I PROMISE!” I grabbed at my head, but when I brought it down, there was no blood.

And it wasn’t a headache, either. It was something deeper.

I yelled as loud as I could, hoping someone would hear and come in to save me.

But no one ever did.

A while passed, it could have been an hour, or just a few minutes, but the pain abruptly stopped. I breathed a sigh of relief, and stood up. I hadn’t felt it, but I must have fallen to the floor sometime during my pain.

But just as I stood up, the pain started again, even more hurtful than the last time. 

And this pattern continued: an excruciating pain somewhere inside of me, lasting for several minutes, and then the pain would stop, and then it would pick up again. The intervals when there was no pain were almost worse because of the uncertainty of when it would start again. I felt like I was being driven mad, but no matter what I did, I couldn’t black out.

And then it stopped, this time for real. I panted, laying on the white floor. The robot was gone, and the door was opened.

I quickly pulled myself up and sprinted out that door, away from that horrible white room.

When I got back, Odo was there too. He looked spooked, and I wanted to go to him, to ask him if they did the same things to him as they did to me.

But it was training time, and we were all ushered to train. I didn’t dare to stop, even for a second, for the fear that I would be put back into that white room.

After training, people came up to Odo and I, asking what they did to us. But I wouldn’t say. I didn’t want to remember that horrible thing they did to me. I felt something inside of me change, my immature self suddenly turning alarmingly mature. 

I lost the factor of me that made me, well… me. I had lost myself to artificial robots, and there was nothing I could do about it.


************************************************************


He was going to find her, he had to! Elenyi was probably very scared right now, and he needed to comfort her, to take her back to this village so they could live the rest of their lives with each other.

After all, he loved her! He couldn’t live without her.

He suddenly felt a wave of dizziness, and leaned against a building, wheezing. He felt so weak, like if a strong wind were to blow his way, he would be carried away, just another piece of trash dancing in the breeze.

But he continued on after catching his breath. He wouldn’t leave his love out to die, not after all the things she’s done for him.

She was the one who dragged him out from his lowest point.


************************************************************


It was just another regular day, and I was ready to go to sleep. I no longer felt anything, it was like that white room had extracted all my feelings from me like a professional surgeon. I barely talked to anyone, and would only talk when it was necessary.

“Hey, Kael, right?” A soft voice startled me, making me jolt.

“Y-yes. What do you want?” I glared at her. It was the girl I thought was pretty, with the blonde hair, whose name was Elenyi.

“I just want to get to know you better!” She smiled, seemingly lighting up the whole room. She had a necklace on, in the shape of a yin-yang sign, but the sign was abstract, the black and white splashing into each other and mixing together.

I just continued glaring at her, but she never left. For the rest of our break, she attempted to talk with me, even when I didn’t respond. 

She approached me everyday, talking with me. And slowly, I warmed up to her.

Elenyi had changed my life for the better, bringing me out of my semi-conscious state that I had been in for too long.

And I started to fall for her, and she for me. It wasn’t long before we confessed to each other, and started dating. She made life in the Survival Group survivable.


************************************************************


Inch by inch, that was what he told himself. He would conquer it inch by inch, until he reached her.

Now, many people were at their windows, yelling at him to stop, to think about the absurdity of what he was doing.

But nothing is too absurd when it comes to love.

He continued on, his old bones groaning with tiredness, and yet he wouldn’t stop. He would get to her, even if it’s the last thing he does.

But something was wrong. He stopped, and rubbed his temples. His mind felt confused.

What was he doing again?

Oh, right! He needed to find Elenyi.

But wait, Elenyi had already died…

His heart lurched at the thought, and vividly recalled the last day he had seen her.

How could he have forgotten that?


************************************************************


Finally, after 38 long years, the war has ended. I didn’t know the outcome, or if anyone had survived.

We were all excited, chatting as the robots prepared our ascent to the surface of the world. It seemed like the moment couldn’t come sooner.

“Can you believe this? Finally, we will be able to start a new life, on the surface of the world and not inside.” Elenyi gushed, excitement leaking from her voice.

And then the door on the top of the bunker was opened, and the impossibly bright sunlight streamed in. I guess artificial sunlight will never top the real sun.

But what hit me the most was the smell of rotting bodies, and the stench of burning flesh that mixed into the fresh air.

I was nervous, not really wanting to see what our beloved world had become, but I knew I had to.

One by one, we all climbed onto the ladder and stepped foot onto real grass, real earth, under the real blue sky and the real, golden sun. It felt wonderful, but even the beauty of nature didn’t cover the mass grave of bodies that were everywhere, the blood staining the wounds all dried up, turning a sickeningly black.

I had prepared myself for something similar to this, but I still couldn’t fight off the bile that rose from my throat, erupting out of my mouth as I bent over, retching.

Many people were also bent over, throwing up their lunch they had earlier today. World War III didn’t seem to have a side that came out victorious, instead it seemed like all sides had destroyed each other into oblivion.

Bent down, my face close to the ground, I saw something that was black, so small that I almost missed it.

And it was steaming, vapor coming out of it. 

I immediately recognized it as a bomb.

“RUN!” I screamed. “BOMB!”

I took off running, and everyone else was behind me, and we were far away enough when it erupted to not have been hit, but the force of it still propelled all of us back.

I panted, putting my hands on my legs. “That was a close one, wasn’t it Elenyi?”

I waited for an answer, but I never got one. I looked behind me, and started to hyperventilate. 

She wasn’t there.

Elenyi, my beautiful, lovely Elenyi wasn’t there. 

“Elenyi?” I called out, waiting for a response. “ELENYI? WHERE ARE YOU?”

The smoke from the bomb had cleared up, and I ran over there, frantically digging into the debris, trying to find her.

I closed my fingers over the clasp of a necklace, and I pulled, thinking it was hers. The necklace came free in my hand, and I knew without a doubt that it was the same necklace that Elenyi had worn since the first time I met her.

But Elenyi was nowhere to be seen.

Odo came up behind me, putting his hand on my shoulder. “I’m sorry.”

“NO! SHE MIGHT STILL BE ALIVE!” I yanked his hand off, and willed my eyes to find her, to see her running towards me without a scratch on her.

“Kael… we found her body.”

Those words shocked me, and my mind went blank. “No… she’s still alive! She can’t just leave like that… so suddenly…”

I whipped my head around. “Show me her body.” Odo opened his mouth to protest, but my look cut him off.

Relenting, he led me to a lump covered by a cloth.

I gently peeled back the fabric, and Elenyi’s beautiful face stared back at me. Her hair had rocks in it, her face scarred with scratches, and her eyes… her eyes were blankly staring out into nothingness. 

Her necklace slid out of my hand, falling onto the steaming ground. ‘There is no light without dark’. But that was just an abstract thought, a long gone fantasy. There was no light now Elenyi was gone. It was all dark

I choked back a sob. “You wanted to have a life with me… I am so sorry… I failed you! You have protected me for so long… and now… when it was my turn… I‘m sorry... At least you are in a better place now, my beautiful Elenyi. I love you.” 

I reached out and closed her eyelids.

“I love you…”

And then my knees crumpled and my world went black.


************************************************************


He cried out in melancholy, recalling the memory. 

She was dead. The woman he loved was dead!

He looked around him, and was confused. Why was he out on the streets, was he going somewhere? 

He was too old and no longer lived in the present, sometimes slipping back into the past.

And then he remembered.

He needed to find Elenyi! She must be so afraid, all alone. He had to help her!

Something nagged at him, but he couldn’t quite grasp what it was. 

He reached up to his face, and when he brought his hand down he saw that it was covered in tears.

He was confused, for he couldn’t remember what made him cry. He wiped his hand on his pants.

Tears? What tears? There were no tears. 

He silently chided himself. 

He was growing so old that he was imagining things!

But now was not the time to focus on things like that. After all, Elenyi was waiting for him.

He picked himself up again, and continued to trudge on, step by step, on an endless journey to find his love who was no longer in this world.


February 13, 2021 03:05

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

407 comments

I love this, but just a question: wouldn't her body be blown up?

Reply

Kate Reynolds
20:15 Feb 17, 2021

Thank you! Usually, yeah, but in this case she was flung by the force and hit her head on a rock.

Reply

Kate Reynolds
16:52 Feb 18, 2021

Mhm!

Reply

ViCtoRy Is OuRs! Sorry, had to say it. It's a challenge I'm doing. Have to comment it to someone, and you have to comment it to someone else? Got this from Emerald.

Reply

Kate Reynolds
22:18 Feb 18, 2021

Lmaooooo Ooohhh okiiiii

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
12:55 Feb 17, 2021

This was awesome!!!! I think that the love story was so sweet and well-done. On another note, make sure to draw out the sadness at forgetting her death to full affect. Also, keep the tenses consistent. I looooooooooooooved the flashback flipping (like my story :)) And overall it was great!!!! Great job, Kate!!!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
12:59 Feb 17, 2021

Thank you!!! Oh, wait where were the tenses not consistent? Thanks soooo much for the critiquessssssss (Yes! I lovedddd your storyyyyy)

Reply

. .
13:06 Feb 17, 2021

Eh, you said like "its been 49 years" when it was in past tense, but that wasn't really too obvious and the rest was great!!! No prob!!!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
13:28 Feb 17, 2021

Ohhhhh thanks for catching that!!

Reply

. .
13:29 Feb 17, 2021

No prob!!!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
13:31 Feb 17, 2021

:DD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Claudia Morgan
07:55 Feb 17, 2021

Woah, that was dark and beautiful. I loved how descriptive everything was! I also really like the names. This is just a suggestion, but maybe you could put more symbolism behind the necklace? E.g ‘Her necklace slid into my hand. ‘There is no light without dark’. But that was just an abstract thought, a long gone fantasy. There was no light now Elenyi was gone. It was all dark” That’s just a suggestion. Anyways, I loved the story, well done!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
12:57 Feb 17, 2021

Thank you! Oooohhhhhhhh that is so beautifulllll (Do you mind if I use it..?)

Reply

Claudia Morgan
13:29 Feb 17, 2021

No, it's no problem, use it if you'd like. Honoured you like it :)

Reply

Kate Reynolds
13:31 Feb 17, 2021

Thanksss!!!

Reply

Claudia Morgan
13:32 Feb 17, 2021

:D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
04:35 Feb 16, 2021

Shout out writer ✨Cookie Carla https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/cookie-carla/ ✨Cherri Joanna https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/cherri-joanna/ Shout out story 🧨By Frances https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/80/submissions/54265/ These are this weeks writers and story, in you free time please check them out.

Reply

Kate Reynolds
02:42 Feb 17, 2021

Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Maya -
23:21 Feb 15, 2021

Ohmigosh such a cute dog!!! :D

Reply

Kate Reynolds
23:24 Feb 15, 2021

:))))))) thank you!!!!!!!!!

Reply

Maya -
23:46 Feb 15, 2021

:DDDDDDD No problem!!!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
00:06 Feb 16, 2021

:>>>>>>

Reply

Maya -
00:10 Feb 16, 2021

:)))

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
00:06 Feb 16, 2021

:>>>>>>

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
18:29 Feb 15, 2021

Hiiiiiii! How are you???

Reply

Kate Reynolds
20:45 Feb 15, 2021

Hello!!! I'm good, hbu??

Reply

Mira Caplan
23:14 Feb 15, 2021

Great!!! I've been watching Voltron again, and am two episodes away from the end... AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reply

Kate Reynolds
23:20 Feb 15, 2021

That’s good!!! Oohhh I’ve never watched Voltron before. Is it good??

Reply

Mira Caplan
23:28 Feb 15, 2021

OH. MY. GAWRD. YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She-Ra and The Dragon Prince are AMAHZING, too!!! (Good news- I'm writing Part 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I'm already at Part 18... It's kinda hard to imagine, honestly XD)

Reply

Kate Reynolds
23:30 Feb 15, 2021

OOHHHHH!!!!! I’ll see if I can watch it sometime! :) OHMIGODDDDDDDDDD IM SO EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Tell me when you post it!!! (Yeah it isssss! Just shows how long of a way you have comeeeee)

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
23:28 Feb 15, 2021

OH. MY. GAWRD. YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She-Ra and The Dragon Prince are AMAHZING, too!!! (Good news- I'm writing Part 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I'm already at Part 18... It's kinda hard to imagine, honestly XD)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Kate Reynolds
23:20 Feb 15, 2021

That’s good!!! Oohhh I’ve never watched Voltron before. Is it good??

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Mira Caplan
23:14 Feb 15, 2021

Great!!! I've been watching Voltron again, and am two episodes away from the end... AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Jasey Lovegood
23:04 Feb 13, 2021

Wow. DAMN KATE THIS IS AWESOME!!! Seriously, the plot was 👌 and the description, was incredible. I really enjoyed reading this story! :)

Reply

Kate Reynolds
03:36 Feb 14, 2021

AHHHH THANK YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDD

Reply

Jasey Lovegood
06:53 Feb 14, 2021

NO PROBLEM!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
15:26 Feb 13, 2021

This is SO EMOTIONAL. Like, more so than Theraya. Wow. I........ I wordless. This is insanely good.

Reply

Kate Reynolds
17:11 Feb 13, 2021

AHHHH THANK YOUUUUU!!!!!!! :O really........?????????? THANK YOU SO MUCHHH

Reply

Mira Caplan
17:21 Feb 13, 2021

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! NP!!!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
17:35 Feb 13, 2021

:OOOOOO AGHHHHHH THAT MEANS A LOTTTTTTTT THANKS YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

Mira Caplan
17:40 Feb 13, 2021

np!!!!!!!!! you are SUCH a good writer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was an honor to include Katya/Kate in TDR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
17:55 Feb 13, 2021

AWWW thanks youuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE TOOOOOOOOOOO :DDDDDDDDDD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Kate Reynolds
17:55 Feb 13, 2021

AWWW thanks youuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE TOOOOOOOOOOO :DDDDDDDDDD

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 2 replies
Mira Caplan
17:40 Feb 13, 2021

np!!!!!!!!! you are SUCH a good writer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was an honor to include Katya/Kate in TDR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Kate Reynolds
17:35 Feb 13, 2021

:OOOOOO AGHHHHHH THAT MEANS A LOTTTTTTTT THANKS YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Mira Caplan
17:21 Feb 13, 2021

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! NP!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Sunny 🌼
05:29 Feb 13, 2021

Oh yay, science fiction story! The whole thing was great, I just have ONE tiny critique. (Deep breath cuz I don't like critiquing cuz I'm smart enough 4 that and I don't wanna be rude). I feel like the whole "And then he remembered that horrible day" stuff felt a bit repetitive? But other than that it was great!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
14:46 Feb 13, 2021

Thanks!!! Ohhh yeah it kinda is... hmmmm any ideas of what I could change it to?

Reply

Sunny 🌼
15:07 Feb 13, 2021

Sorry, I'm not really sure.

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:09 Feb 13, 2021

Oh it’s ok!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
02:07 Jul 23, 2021

THE FINALE OF TDR IS OUT!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
01:48 Jul 11, 2021

Part 32 is out!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Arya Jackson
20:00 Jun 07, 2021

BEAUTIFUL STORY. I love this so much! I cannot stop reading your stories!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
19:51 Jun 09, 2021

Awww thank you!!! :DD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Pippin Took
13:45 Jun 01, 2021

KATE!!! I READ YOUR BIO!! IS IT REEDSY CAST BECAUSE IF SO I WANNA BE IN IT :DD IF NOT, THAT OKAY BUT IMMA READ IT ALL THE TIME :D

Reply

Kate Reynolds
14:39 Jun 01, 2021

XDDD HMM MAYBE Idk yetttt (I'm planning on making it into a novel if all goes well-) But if I decide to make it into one, I will DEF add you!!!

Reply

Pippin Took
15:44 Jun 01, 2021

YAY :DD OOH LOVE TO READ IT :D Thanks :D

Reply

Kate Reynolds
23:37 Jun 01, 2021

:)))) Aaaaahhhhh thanks!!! It's prob gonna be a while till I post it though qwq Ofccccc (what are friends for :))

Reply

Pippin Took
00:04 Jun 02, 2021

:DD Np. that's okay! :)) (other than screaming matches, this of course XD)

Reply

Kate Reynolds
13:41 Jun 02, 2021

Ah yes, ofc ofc

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Julian Race
16:36 May 27, 2021

Thought you might like this https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/julian-race/

Reply

Kate Reynolds
19:52 May 27, 2021

Oooohhh I'll check it out!!!

Reply

Julian Race
20:39 May 27, 2021

Thank you - Julian

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:43 May 24, 2021

This is beautiful. I noticed you haven't posted in a while. Are you inactive?

Reply

Kate Reynolds
18:57 May 24, 2021

Aw thank you! Yeah, I haven't been posted, but no, I'm not inactive. Just a bit busy. I am working on a new fantasy series though! (which prob won't be posted until much later XD)

Reply

19:04 May 24, 2021

Wow! Cool! Can't wait!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
19:05 May 24, 2021

:D thanks!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
22:15 Apr 04, 2021

... :'( Kate, this was so good! The description of World War III (oml I really do hope that never happens) was super good, and the end...was so sad I loved it but also hated it XD The last sentence was *chef's kiss* PERFECTO This was the perfect mash of genres and your writing complemented it SO well! Kate, GRATE JOB 🧀🧀🧀!!!!!! <3333 ~ Amethyst

Reply

Kate Reynolds
01:30 Apr 05, 2021

Awwww thank you so muchhhhhhhhhhhh (yeah, same) XDDD that was my goallll AAH THANKSSSSS algkhsdlgsd thank youuuu XDD YES GRATEEE <33333333

Reply

01:32 Apr 05, 2021

Np ( :’( ) Yassss it workeddddd Npppp :) GRATEEEEE <33 Are you writing anything rn?

Reply

Kate Reynolds
01:37 Apr 05, 2021

Yayyyyy :DD ❤️ Uhm I’ve been kinda working on re-writing my fantasy series, and I have plans to *someday* post this other story that I never finished lmaooo Ugh I still need to find time to read some of your storiesss

Reply

01:40 Apr 05, 2021

:D Ooh yesssss you shoulddddddd :) it’s fine lol take your time I finished writing a story but I’ll edit it tomorrow :P

Reply

Kate Reynolds
01:47 Apr 05, 2021

XDD :)) Ooooohhhhh tell me when you post itttt

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sunny 🌼
20:32 Mar 12, 2021

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME A...

Reply

Kate Reynolds
00:00 Mar 13, 2021

AAAHHHHHHHHH THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THISSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sunny 🌼
17:46 Feb 26, 2021

Hey PLEASE continue the Four Crystals of Anchotat series (I spelled that wrong I think). It was so cool and interesting!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
17:04 Feb 27, 2021

Really???? Awww thank you so much!!! And yep! The Four Crystals of Aontacht shall be continued!!! :D (I think I'm gonna come up with an easier to remember name... like maybe FCoA? That looks a bit weird though XD)

Reply

Sunny 🌼
18:27 Feb 27, 2021

Maybe just call it FCA? Or maybe when referring to it just say "Four Crystals". Kinda like I call My Hero Academia "My Hero" sometimes.

Reply

Kate Reynolds
22:09 Feb 27, 2021

Oooohhhh yeah!!! That's a really good ideaaaaaa THANKSSS!!!

Reply

Sunny 🌼
22:12 Feb 27, 2021

yw!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
23:05 Feb 27, 2021

:DD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Daniel R. Hayes
19:43 Feb 25, 2021

I thought this was a really good story. I enjoyed reading it from beginning to end. Great job :)

Reply

Kate Reynolds
20:59 Feb 25, 2021

Thank you! :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Izzie Q.
03:46 Feb 25, 2021

Hey Kate!! Great story as always :) So, how was your day? Also I LOVE your bio! Are you more of a waffles person or a pancakes person?

Reply

Kate Reynolds
13:04 Feb 25, 2021

Hello!! Thank you! :D It's going pretty good! Aww thank youuuuu! Hmmmm I gotta say waffles... I just love a fluffy waffle with globs of whipped cream and fresh strawberries on top! Wbu?

Reply

Izzie Q.
15:21 Feb 25, 2021

Wow, you just described my PERFECT breakfast!! Waffles are amazing haha and are totally my favorite!! Have you ever MADE either pancakes or waffles? do you do a lot of baking?

Reply

Kate Reynolds
20:59 Feb 25, 2021

XDDD Omg yessss!!! No, not really. I don't really bake or cook that much. Do you?

Reply

Izzie Q.
21:37 Feb 25, 2021

Oooh I LOVE baking! cooking too! i pull herbs from my garden hehe like a witch :D i made pretty twist cinnamon rolls today! i LOVE cinnamon rolls they are the ultimate comfort food, hands down! wbu? got a comfort food?

Reply

Kate Reynolds
21:53 Feb 25, 2021

Ooooohhhh nice!!!!! XDD I used to have a garden, but then I moved and am too lazy to grow another one :O OMG THAT SOUNDS DELICIOUSSSSSSSS YESS THEY AREEEEE I also quite like Mac & Cheese, but I don't like eating cheese by itself... I'm weird XD Fav food?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.