Top Ten

Submitted into Contest #74 in response to: Write a story in the form of a top-ten list.... view prompt

353 comments

Friendship Happy

My Top Ten Reedsy BFF’s


Disclaimer: I want all of you to go check out these people and follow them and give support and read their stories because they’re all WONDERIFIC and so deserve it. Also, almost everything that I wrote goes for each and every one of these people, so if you’re one of the top ten and there’s something you wanted me to say that I said for someone else, let me know or please remember that everything goes for everyone. If that makes any sense at all...


1.) Megan Sutherland

Meg is one of the best people that I don’t know. She always has a sense of humor, and her writing is impeccable. Meg absolutely loves animals and writes in their POV; it’s wonderful to read. I love getting feedback from her when I write stories like that, and anytime other times as well because she’s so supportive. The two times that I left Reedsy (I still regret those times! LOL), Megan had left me comments for when I got back. As we always say, Meg and I are besties, even if it’s only through a screen.


2.) Amaya M

Omigosh, this girl is amazing, too (so many of you are amazing!). Amaya and I have been there for each other and supportive of each other since Amaya followed me. It has been awesome; especially when we did that Harry Potter roleplay. (Celeste Savage, B. W., and Megan Sutherland did it as well. I don’t know if anyone else did on this list.) She can be kinda crazy (see her new bio, LOL), but aren’t we all? Her writing that I enjoy reading is also crazy great.


3.) Celeste Savage

Celeste is a fun, quirky, and just a little crazy person to talk with. She likes to talk in ALL CAPS and HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAha or like ThIs. That makes me laugh, which then causes me to do it and it’s just a huge chain reaction (not really, it only goes between the two of us…). Her writing is awesome, too, and it is so descriptive that I can literally see an image of whatever she’s describing. It’s kinda scary sometimes… Just kidding, but still.


4.) Cj Mayer

Cadence (or more commonly known as CJ) is one of the few people I know in real life that is on Reedsy. She’s almost always a little wild, but supportive. Whenever she reads my stories, she has all good things to say, and I do my best at returning the favor. We talk pretty much daily; we also go to school together. The two of us love talking about and sending pictures of our pets, especially her dog Timbre (she’s adorable!). Honestly, we haven’t known each other for very long, but we’re super close (that’s true, right, Cadence?).


5.) B. W.

Always telling me jokes, B. W. is a great person. She is hilarious, kind, and sweet. Her feedback on my stories always includes a 10/10, which makes my day. If you don’t like B. W., you are out of your mind. She is one of nicest people here (I’m not saying she’s the only one lol). Bri has so kindly put me in one of her novels, and I have put her in mine to return the favor. I am forever grateful to her. The writing that she has is awesome as well (check out her demi-god series! It’s super cool!). B. was one of my first Reedsy friends, and always will be.


6.) Amany Eland

Amany and I may not talk much, but I believe that I have the privilege to say that we are really close Reedsy friends. She, like others, always has something good to say about my writing that makes me happy. Her writing is really cool, and her blog is awesome, too (go read it! Put in amany.blog in the search bar and hit enter!). Overall, Amany is just another wonderful person.


7.) Aerin Rebecca

Aerin is also someone that I don’t talk to like I do others, but she is another person that I am proud to call my Reedsy friend. Whenever she comments on my stories, it’s either really helpful or it’s funny or it’s something to make my day happier. I’ve read her writing, and it’s insane. She so deserves to be in first place on the leaderboard (so does anyone else, don’t get me wrong).


8.) Sia Sharma

When Sia saw that Bailey W. had the same story as me, she immediately let me know because she was worried. That right there shows me that she cares and is a good Reedsy friend. I’ve only read one of her stories (I will read more soon!), but it was absolutely terrific. Her description was off the charts great. Also, I love her name. So beautiful. Am I right? I think I’m right. :)


9.) Jennie

Jennie has given me more karma points than I can count. She is a very sweet person with great writing and a sense of humor. The beginning of her bio says “IMMA MARSHMALLOW” which is one of the best things that I have read in a bio. Also, she says “y’all”, and that is one of my favorite words even though I don’t say it. Like everyone else, she definitely doesn’t deserve the down-votes that she gets, especially because of all the up-voting that she does. Just a great person.


10.) Kendra Stone

Before I created an account and was just surfing Reedsy, I was reading Kendra’s writing. I literally read every single story that she had written at the time. And her writing is magnificent! I’m so sad that she deleted so many of her stories. :( But her skills have definitely not faded! And when she followed me when I made an account, it was just amazing for me because Kendra’s writing is so good. When she comments on my stories, Kendra has constructive criticism that helps me improve my writing. I love her name, too, by the way.

December 29, 2020 14:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

353 comments

✰ Jennie ✰
21:02 Dec 29, 2020

*throws away 12391099731479872th tissue* Brooke!!!! omg you are too kind.... I don't deserve this. *crying intensifies* You know what you deserve? A couple hundred more karma points! Plus this was one of the most innovative ways to use the prompt I've seen so far! (at first I thought you included my name as one of the characters, but when I got here, I was just... shook) ahhhhh me so happyyyyy

Reply

21:03 Dec 29, 2020

*cries because Jennie cried* You SO deserve this, Jennie! You are one of the kindest and sweetest people I have ever met! OMG Thank you so much! I don't deserve that! Thank you! Aw, thanks! Me so happy, too!

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
21:05 Dec 29, 2020

*CRIES EVEN MORE NOWWWWWWWWW please excuse me while I upvote you :DDD

Reply

21:06 Dec 29, 2020

*smiles so wide that her face hurts* OMG YAY THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART I GONNA UPVOTE YOU TOOOOOOO

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
21:07 Dec 29, 2020

pls don't distract me lol

Reply

21:09 Dec 29, 2020

lol sorryyyyy whoops i'll stop now lol

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
✰ Jennie ✰
16:55 Jan 05, 2021

hi... 👉👈 *nervous* *tentatively* would you do the honor of being in my story...? It's my War of the Elements series... and you can have either sand powers or earth powers (mira, celeste, luke, and priya are the other elements)... please please please if you say yes can you tell me how you want to look like and personality...? *exits fast*

Reply

20:17 Jan 05, 2021

Hi! *happy* *excitedly* Oh, my gosh! Yes! Yay! I haven't, uh... *gets kinda embarrassed* read that series, but I will ASAHP! (as soon as humanly possible) I would like to have Earth powers, please. Thank you so much! So, so, so much! I would have brown hair with green tips, gray eyes, tall, and average weight. Anything else for looks? My personality would be generous, truthful (sometimes for the worse), and extremely protective of my friends and family. Anything else? *brings Jen back into the imaginary room* THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
20:26 Jan 05, 2021

yayayayayyyyyyyyyy its ok if you haven't read it lol, because celeste and priya didn't but I included them anyways........ yayyyyyyyyyyy Imma put you in soon

Reply

20:28 Jan 05, 2021

LOL Okay. Thank you so much again! I'm going to do a story with all of my Reedsy friends in it soon, and I just might add a girl that has her name starting with a star and ending with a star....

Reply

Show 1 reply

I READ ALL OF IT. I AM HAPPy BECAuSE BROOKE IS NICE

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
14:48 Dec 29, 2020

Brooke, oh my gosh, what a wholesome way to use this prompt! Yeah, while we don't talk much, I definitely consider you a Reedsy friend. Thank you for including me <3

Reply

14:49 Dec 29, 2020

Thanks! Aw, that makes me so happy to hear. It's my pleasure, Amany! <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

*sniff* THANKSS YOU BRoOOooKkE 💗💗💗

Reply

18:28 Dec 29, 2020

It's my pleasure! <3

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

*cry* I got downvoted so muchhhhh I’ll get u bac tho!

Reply

18:57 Dec 30, 2020

*cries harder than Celeste* They got me down like 450 Celeste!!!!!!! I'll up-vote youuuuuu

Reply

19:02 Dec 30, 2020

Yup! I'm doing Megan right now, but I'll do you right after.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
11:16 Dec 30, 2020

Awwwwwwwww *goes on for eternity* Aww! OHMOSOUL Brooke! This wrapped my heart with duct tape all over again (LOL XD) But ohmigosh thank you HUMONGOUSLY for this sooo sweet gesture! *her jaw screams in agony for smiling too dang much*!! 💝💗💖💓

Reply

17:20 Dec 30, 2020

XD LOL You are so welcome, Sia! You deserve it! <3 <3 <3

Reply

Sia S
03:58 Dec 31, 2020

X) Thanks, like, a TON! <33

Reply

15:20 Dec 31, 2020

You're welcome, like, a TON! <33

Reply

Sia S
15:30 Dec 31, 2020

<3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sia S
15:30 Dec 31, 2020

<3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Megan Sutherland
00:40 Jan 02, 2021

NEW STORY ALERT BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP Also, I up-voted you two hundred points!! Congrats because you 100% deserve it. :D -Meg

Reply

01:16 Jan 02, 2021

Yay! I will read it ASAHP. Oh, my gosh! Thank you SO MUCH, bestie! It means so much to me. I am SO grateful for you and all of those other up-voters! I will return the favor ASAHP. Your bestie, Crazy Girl

Reply

Megan Sutherland
01:23 Jan 02, 2021

hehe "crazy girl" i like that nickname lolll

Reply

01:31 Jan 02, 2021

why thank you lol i read your storyyyyyy

Reply

Megan Sutherland
01:35 Jan 02, 2021

i saw your commenttttttttttttttt

Reply

01:36 Jan 02, 2021

good good i saw your reply i'm about to read it

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
19:37 Jan 01, 2021

New story out ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Megan Sutherland
04:08 Jan 01, 2021

BROOKE I JUST REREAD YOUR BIO. HOW DARE YOU SAY YOUR WRITING IS BAD. I'M GOING TO VIRTUALLY SLAP YOU FOR THAT RIDICULOUS STATEMENT. 🖐️🖐️

Reply

15:42 Jan 01, 2021

XD Thanks, Meg. For implying that my writing is good, and for slapping the sense into me. (; :D I'm getting rid of it, thanks to you and multiple others.

Reply

Megan Sutherland
19:09 Jan 01, 2021

Yayyyyy

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
14:59 Dec 31, 2020

NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT. IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING THIS IS A RESPONSE TO THE END OF YOUR BIO. NO. JUST BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE IS GETTING BETTER DOESN'T MAKE YOU A BAD WRITER. WE DON'T HATE IVAN TURGENEV JUST BECAUSE TOLSTOY, DOSTOEVSKY, NABOKOV, AND CHEKHOV WERE BETTER. ALSO, IF YOU NEED HELP GETTING OUT OF A TOUGH SPOT, I ALWAYS FIND IT HELPFUL TO READ THE WORKS OF GREAT AUTHORS LIKE THE RUSSIANS MENTIONED ABOVE PLUS ANYONE OF THE LOST GENERATION. YOU ARE LOVED, BROOKE.

Reply

15:19 Dec 31, 2020

Aw, thank you so much, Litlover. This means so much to me to hear. I'll do that. Thanks again, Luke. This means so much to me, you don't even know. <3

Reply

. .
15:25 Dec 31, 2020

Aww, well ITS TRUE AND YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!

Reply

16:02 Dec 31, 2020

*cries because Luke is so niceeeeee* THANK YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

. .
16:04 Dec 31, 2020

*Cries because Brooke isn't loving her amaxing writing* No prob!!!!

Reply

16:05 Dec 31, 2020

*Cries because Luke cried because of herself and because he's soooooo nice* :D

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
14:55 Dec 31, 2020

Imma upvote you a little for this amaxing idea!!!!

Reply

15:19 Dec 31, 2020

Aw, thank you so much!

Reply

. .
15:25 Dec 31, 2020

NP

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
14:54 Dec 31, 2020

Oh hey!! The reason that Jennie has Imma marshmallow is because me, celeste, her, mira, nainika, and kate are all a part of the marshmallows... Jennie's actually my friend irl, isn't that cool? I totally agree with all of these assessments!!!!

Reply

15:19 Dec 31, 2020

Hi! Lol Both of those things are cool! Hehe

Reply

. .
15:24 Dec 31, 2020

Lol I guess they are!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amaya .
19:59 Dec 30, 2020

what. in. the. world. WAS THAT LAST THING IN YOUR BIO?!?!?! BROOKE!!! your writing is beautiful! i love the stories of yours I've read and you have talent girl! these aren't empty words, I promise.

Reply

20:00 Dec 30, 2020

aw, thanks so much, Amaya. that means so stinking much to me. you don't even know. I'm just not sure anymore. My writing just isn't. Good.

Reply

Amaya .
20:07 Dec 30, 2020

it. is. i. promise. you we're always so so hard on ourselvesss

Reply

20:14 Dec 30, 2020

Thanks, Amaya. Means a lot. Yes, we are. :/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amaya .
19:58 Dec 30, 2020

I can relate to the book re-writing SO MUCH

Reply

20:01 Dec 30, 2020

Lol the struggle is REAL

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amaya .
19:54 Dec 30, 2020

my bio

Reply

19:56 Dec 30, 2020

okkkk....

Reply

Amaya .
19:58 Dec 30, 2020

thx!

Reply

19:58 Dec 30, 2020

np

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amaya .
19:58 Dec 30, 2020

....?

Reply

19:59 Dec 30, 2020

I definitely support this! I care so much about our endangered species. They deserve a chance. They deserve change. I know that. I just don't know if I'll be able to sign.

Reply

Amaya .
20:01 Dec 30, 2020

oh yeah, i totally understand. A lot of people have that issue, including some of my real-life friends. Well, actually, I'm not sure specifically why YOU can't sign, but I'm not gonna ask, it's totally fine! <33333 Did you know that 150 species go extinct on an average day

Reply

20:02 Dec 30, 2020

Thanks, Amaya. I'm glad that you get it. :) I was worried you'd think I was a person who didn't care about our animals. Thanks again. <3 No, I didn't. That's really, really, really upsetting. Because of you bringing this to my attention, I think I'm going to start doing more research and see what I can do.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
. .
17:31 Jan 04, 2021

BROOOOKEEEEEE HELLURV

Reply

21:23 Jan 04, 2021

LUKEEEEEEE HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Reply

. .
21:24 Jan 04, 2021

HOWS LIFEEEEEEEEEEEE AND WRITING AND READINGGGGGGG

Reply

21:32 Jan 04, 2021

LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD AND SO IS MY WRITINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG AND READINGGGGGGGGGG I'M STILL WORKING ON THE COLLAB WTH MAYA EMERSONNNNNNNNNNNN

Reply

. .
21:33 Jan 04, 2021

OMG YOU GUYS ARE COLLABBING???? I JUST DID ONE WITH HER BRO ISAAC AARON!!!!!!! *cries because we chose siblings for collabs and because the suspense of wanting to read Brooke's story is killing me*

Reply

21:35 Jan 04, 2021

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! OMG THAT'S AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *cries because Luke is insanely nice and because we chose siblings for collabs and also because she wants to read his collabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb*

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
15:42 Jan 01, 2021

I'm not sad! Just frustrated. Grrr... But I do believe that my writing is mostly good, now.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
02:23 Dec 30, 2020

Awww, alright this was really adorable and sweet ^^ I'm still really glad that we met and became friends on here, the cuteness of this and everything else that the others say about it, is sorta over 9000.

Reply

17:22 Dec 30, 2020

Me, too! :D Thanks so much! <3

Reply

B. W.
18:05 Dec 30, 2020

No prob ^^ so why did you decide to do this if ya don't mind me asking?

Reply

18:20 Dec 30, 2020

I wanted to give my closest Reedsy friends the recognization that they deserve, including you.

Reply

B. W.
18:25 Dec 30, 2020

Awww :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amaya .
23:27 Dec 29, 2020

THIS IS SO SWEET AFLHFOLEUFGOSDIUSIPFOH SFKDHL BROOKE ILYSM!!!

Reply

00:24 Dec 30, 2020

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW AMAYA ILYSM

Reply

Amaya .
00:58 Dec 30, 2020

<333333

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Megan Sutherland
23:14 Dec 29, 2020

BROOKE THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH FOR HAVING ME AS 1st!!!!! I LOVE YOU BESTIE! I'M GOING TO GO MAKE ONE OF THESE IF YOU DON'T CARE LOLLLL I JUST MADE A NEW STORY TOOOOOOO BYEEE

Reply

00:26 Dec 30, 2020

YOU ARE SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YA' TOO, BESTIE!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T CARE AT ALLLLL LOLLLLLL I WILL READ IT ASAP!!!!!!!!! BYEEEEEEE

Reply

Megan Sutherland
05:48 Dec 30, 2020

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY I FINISHED IT

Reply

17:21 Dec 30, 2020

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY I'LL READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP LOVE THIS ONEEEE!!! Seriously tho, this was def the most creative take on the prompt I’ve seen so far. It’s like a super-wholesome Reedsy cast story but IN A LIST. I love it!! And ACKKKKKK YOURE TOOO NIIIIIIICE SHANK YOUUUU :DDDDD 💛 Awesome job lol

Reply

22:22 Dec 29, 2020

Thank you so much! You're too nice! You so deserve it. Sh-you're welcome! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Reply

Oh and love ur new profile pic! I was just thinking about changing my name/pic ti something more celebratory from 2021 lol.

Reply

22:34 Dec 29, 2020

Well, thanks! Lol

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.