Top Ten

Submitted into Contest #74 in response to: Write a story in the form of a top-ten list.... view prompt

353 comments

Friendship Happy

My Top Ten Reedsy BFF’s


Disclaimer: I want all of you to go check out these people and follow them and give support and read their stories because they’re all WONDERIFIC and so deserve it. Also, almost everything that I wrote goes for each and every one of these people, so if you’re one of the top ten and there’s something you wanted me to say that I said for someone else, let me know or please remember that everything goes for everyone. If that makes any sense at all...


1.) Megan Sutherland

Meg is one of the best people that I don’t know. She always has a sense of humor, and her writing is impeccable. Meg absolutely loves animals and writes in their POV; it’s wonderful to read. I love getting feedback from her when I write stories like that, and anytime other times as well because she’s so supportive. The two times that I left Reedsy (I still regret those times! LOL), Megan had left me comments for when I got back. As we always say, Meg and I are besties, even if it’s only through a screen.


2.) Amaya M

Omigosh, this girl is amazing, too (so many of you are amazing!). Amaya and I have been there for each other and supportive of each other since Amaya followed me. It has been awesome; especially when we did that Harry Potter roleplay. (Celeste Savage, B. W., and Megan Sutherland did it as well. I don’t know if anyone else did on this list.) She can be kinda crazy (see her new bio, LOL), but aren’t we all? Her writing that I enjoy reading is also crazy great.


3.) Celeste Savage

Celeste is a fun, quirky, and just a little crazy person to talk with. She likes to talk in ALL CAPS and HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAha or like ThIs. That makes me laugh, which then causes me to do it and it’s just a huge chain reaction (not really, it only goes between the two of us…). Her writing is awesome, too, and it is so descriptive that I can literally see an image of whatever she’s describing. It’s kinda scary sometimes… Just kidding, but still.


4.) Cj Mayer

Cadence (or more commonly known as CJ) is one of the few people I know in real life that is on Reedsy. She’s almost always a little wild, but supportive. Whenever she reads my stories, she has all good things to say, and I do my best at returning the favor. We talk pretty much daily; we also go to school together. The two of us love talking about and sending pictures of our pets, especially her dog Timbre (she’s adorable!). Honestly, we haven’t known each other for very long, but we’re super close (that’s true, right, Cadence?).


5.) B. W.

Always telling me jokes, B. W. is a great person. She is hilarious, kind, and sweet. Her feedback on my stories always includes a 10/10, which makes my day. If you don’t like B. W., you are out of your mind. She is one of nicest people here (I’m not saying she’s the only one lol). Bri has so kindly put me in one of her novels, and I have put her in mine to return the favor. I am forever grateful to her. The writing that she has is awesome as well (check out her demi-god series! It’s super cool!). B. was one of my first Reedsy friends, and always will be.


6.) Amany Eland

Amany and I may not talk much, but I believe that I have the privilege to say that we are really close Reedsy friends. She, like others, always has something good to say about my writing that makes me happy. Her writing is really cool, and her blog is awesome, too (go read it! Put in amany.blog in the search bar and hit enter!). Overall, Amany is just another wonderful person.


7.) Aerin Rebecca

Aerin is also someone that I don’t talk to like I do others, but she is another person that I am proud to call my Reedsy friend. Whenever she comments on my stories, it’s either really helpful or it’s funny or it’s something to make my day happier. I’ve read her writing, and it’s insane. She so deserves to be in first place on the leaderboard (so does anyone else, don’t get me wrong).


8.) Sia Sharma

When Sia saw that Bailey W. had the same story as me, she immediately let me know because she was worried. That right there shows me that she cares and is a good Reedsy friend. I’ve only read one of her stories (I will read more soon!), but it was absolutely terrific. Her description was off the charts great. Also, I love her name. So beautiful. Am I right? I think I’m right. :)


9.) Jennie

Jennie has given me more karma points than I can count. She is a very sweet person with great writing and a sense of humor. The beginning of her bio says “IMMA MARSHMALLOW” which is one of the best things that I have read in a bio. Also, she says “y’all”, and that is one of my favorite words even though I don’t say it. Like everyone else, she definitely doesn’t deserve the down-votes that she gets, especially because of all the up-voting that she does. Just a great person.


10.) Kendra Stone

Before I created an account and was just surfing Reedsy, I was reading Kendra’s writing. I literally read every single story that she had written at the time. And her writing is magnificent! I’m so sad that she deleted so many of her stories. :( But her skills have definitely not faded! And when she followed me when I made an account, it was just amazing for me because Kendra’s writing is so good. When she comments on my stories, Kendra has constructive criticism that helps me improve my writing. I love her name, too, by the way.

December 29, 2020 14:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

353 comments

AHHHH!! Thanks so much for putting me in your writing!! and the way you did this prompt was so awesome and creative! I never would have thought about doing it like this. Thank you! So glad you feel that way about my writing! Hope you have an awesome day, it's almost 2021! Gonna put you in my bio :3

Reply

18:27 Dec 29, 2020

You are so welcome! And thank you so much! Have an awesome day yourself! :D

Reply

Eee you're welcome! thxx!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
✰ Jennie ✰
22:32 Jan 22, 2021

KIWI SORRY IMMA CANIBAL BUT ANYWAYS YOUR PART OF THE STORY IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

22:40 Jan 22, 2021

LOL IT'S OKAY WAIT WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTT YAYYYYYYYYYY I WILL READ IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
B. W.
01:30 Jan 10, 2021

New Thread?

Reply

01:34 Jan 10, 2021

Yerp.

Reply

B. W.
02:08 Jan 10, 2021

Do ya like the prompts?

Reply

13:35 Jan 10, 2021

Yerp. I'm doing a collab with Celeste that I have to start writing today. :D

Reply

B. W.
19:30 Jan 10, 2021

Which prompt are ya doing?

Reply

21:42 Jan 10, 2021

The one where two people can't understand each other. :) I'm not telling anything else! :D

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
08:08 Jan 06, 2021

Heyyy

Reply

20:11 Jan 06, 2021

Heyyy

Reply

B. W.
20:57 Jan 06, 2021

How are ya?

Reply

21:11 Jan 06, 2021

Good! How are you?

Reply

B. W.
22:43 Jan 06, 2021

Eh same as usual :/ i guess I'm fine

Reply

23:21 Jan 06, 2021

Oh, okay. :( Whatcha working on right now?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amaya .
03:29 Jan 06, 2021

oh my god emma watson is the best i love ur profile!

Reply

20:12 Jan 06, 2021

Yes, she is! Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
. .
14:13 Jan 05, 2021

Brooke Imma upvote you 200 points

Reply

20:17 Jan 05, 2021

OMG I sawwwwwww thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu why is everyone being so nice to me lately?????? THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART YOU DON'T KNOW HOW GRATEFUL I AMMMMMMMMMMM

Reply

. .
20:22 Jan 05, 2021

*cries because Brooke doesn't see why people would be so nice to her when the answer is obvious* AWWWWWW NO NEED TO THANK ME!!!

Reply

20:23 Jan 05, 2021

*cries because Luke is so nice and because she still doesn't see the obvious answer* THERE IS SUCH A REASON TO THANK YOU YOU ARE A WONDERFUL PERSON AND I'M SO HAPPY IMMA MARSHMALLOW WITH YOU AND THAT WE'RE REEDSY FRIENDS

Reply

. .
20:25 Jan 05, 2021

*cries and sinks the computer bc Brooke doesn't see everyone's nice to her bc she's so nice* OMG THIS MADE MY DAY I FEEL THE SAME!!!!

Reply

20:26 Jan 05, 2021

*cries so much that all signs of global warming ends because Luke said she's "so nice"* YAY!!!!! THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
01:59 Jan 05, 2021

OMG LOVE YOUR NEW PIC

Reply

20:18 Jan 05, 2021

OMG THANKS

Reply

. .
20:21 Jan 05, 2021

I CHANGED MINE TOOO!!!

Reply

20:22 Jan 05, 2021

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

. .
20:25 Jan 05, 2021

:DDDDDD THANKS!!!

Reply

20:26 Jan 05, 2021

:DDDD YOU'RE WELCOME!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
ALINA Manha
23:05 Jan 02, 2021

Hi ! Brooke 👋 This was such a unique way to take the prompt . I am inspired .😁 BTW I upvoted you . I don't know how much but I did as much as I could .

Reply

23:29 Jan 02, 2021

Hi, Alina! Aw, thanks! Oh, gosh! Thank you so much; from the bottom of my heart!

Reply

ALINA Manha
00:07 Jan 03, 2021

Hello!! My pleasure! 😁 No problem! It's the least I can do for a fellow writer .😄 You don't have to thank me .

Reply

01:27 Jan 03, 2021

Oh, yes I do have to thank you! It helps me SO MUCH. I'm going to up-vote you ASAHP. (as soon as humanly possible)

Reply

ALINA Manha
02:33 Jan 03, 2021

You're welcome, I guess? 😁 My pleasure! I am glad that I could help you 😁 Awww, you are too kind! Thank you!! You don't have to hurry. Take your time!

Reply

01:15 Jan 04, 2021

:D :D :D :D You are so welcome! You deserve it! Oh, alright. (;

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
15:04 Jan 01, 2021

BROOKEEEEE BROOKEEEEE!!!! Oki girl we’ve gotta talk about your biooo. First, iiiiiyp, sorry you’ve been downvoted a bunch! I’ll upvote youuuu Second, ABOUT DAT LAST BIT, YOU’RE AN AWESOME WRITERRRR!! YOU’VE GOT 64 AMAZING SUBMISSIONS TO PROVE THAT!!!!

Reply

15:41 Jan 01, 2021

Aw, thanks so much! I'll return the favor once I have time! Aerin, you have no idea how much it means to me to hear that from you. Your writing is... I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DESCRIBE IT. So, now I mostly believe it. Thanks, Aerin. You really sealed the deal on me getting rid of that part. (; Thanks. <3 :D

Reply

15:47 Jan 01, 2021

Aw, thanks so muchhhh! YES GOOD!! <3

Reply

15:47 Jan 01, 2021

You're welcome so muchhhhhhh! Hehe!!! <3 <3 It's gone now!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
11:37 Jan 01, 2021

Hey, how are you doing?

Reply

15:41 Jan 01, 2021

Hi! Good, how are you?

Reply

B. W.
16:09 Jan 01, 2021

I guess I'm fine, im still working on some of my novels and stuff

Reply

16:50 Jan 01, 2021

That's good! How many are you working on now?

Reply

B. W.
17:25 Jan 01, 2021

It's still about 9 novels at the moment

Reply

17:25 Jan 01, 2021

Oh, wow! Kudos to you for taking that on! :D

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
05:31 Jan 09, 2021

Could ya possibly check out "An Overdue Reunion" and then leave some feedback on it?

Reply

Show 0 replies
18:39 Jan 08, 2021

am i surprised i am already following everyone on this list XD I spend too much time on reedsy tbh ooh, also: 🍕 :D ~ Amethyst

Reply

21:51 Jan 08, 2021

XDDDDD I spend an excessive amount of time on Reedsy... Yay! Thanks! -Crazy Girl

Reply

22:08 Jan 08, 2021

heheh interesting, when I go to reply to my comment, the comment says 0 points :/ HMMMMM

Reply

00:38 Jan 09, 2021

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DOWNVOTERS ARE NOT NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I UPVOTE YOU ASAHP

Reply

01:13 Jan 09, 2021

THANK YOUUUU OMGGG I GOT DOWNVOTED LIKE 200 POINTS D;

Reply

13:37 Jan 09, 2021

MY PLEASUREEEEEEEEEEE UGHHHHHH I'M BUSY RIGHT NOW I JUST HAVE TIME TO TYPE THIS I WILL UPVOTE YOU LATER TODAY

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
17:48 Jan 08, 2021

What do you think of the new prompts? :)

Reply

21:52 Jan 08, 2021

I may have NOT looked at them yet....... Hey, no judgement; I like to message people back before I look at ze prompts....

Reply

Maya -
21:53 Jan 08, 2021

Of course! I totally understand! :D After you look at them tell me what you think! :)

Reply

21:54 Jan 08, 2021

I will! :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
22:03 Jan 08, 2021

I looked at them! They all look pretty good, but I'd be garbage at writing stories for most of 'em. I'm doing a collab with Celeste, though, and I just suggested that we do the one where two characters can't understand each other. But you didn't hear that from me! (;

Reply

Maya -
22:06 Jan 08, 2021

Okay 🤐 That sounds really fun!!! I can't wait to read it! You're both amazing authors so I'm sure it will be awesome! :D

Reply

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :D

Reply

Show 1 reply
00:39 Jan 09, 2021

Aw, yay! Thank you! :D

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Let’s do our collabbb!

Reply

21:11 Jan 06, 2021

I want to, but there aren't any new prompts yet. So, we can't. Message me on Friday when the new prompts come out. :D Sorry! :/

Reply

22:01 Jan 08, 2021

Alrighty! Time for the collab! To start off, I think we should do this prompt: Write about two people who just can’t seem to understand each other, no matter how clearly they think they’re speaking. That way you could do one character, and I could do the other.

Reply

00:37 Jan 09, 2021

I was thinking about doing the POV of a girl because I'm more comfortable with that. What about you?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

I saw ur chat with Luke..... Myn heart is so warm that I could step into a blizzard and not feel a thing. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Reply

20:44 Jan 05, 2021

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thanks Celesteeeeeeeeeeee ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕 You are one of my favorite Reedsy friends, too! (you do know that, right?)

Reply

Awwwwwwwwwwww🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰 YES! I AM? yESsSsSs🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

Reply

20:47 Jan 05, 2021

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍💖💖💖💖💖💖😻😻😻😻😻😻😻🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💙💙💙💙💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💟💟💟💟💟💝💝💝💝💝❤❤❤❤❤❤💗💗💗

Reply

🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🤍🤎🖤❣️💕💞💓💗💖💘💝❤️❤️🧡🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡💛💛💛💚💚💙💙💙💜💙💙🖤🖤🤍🤍🤎🤎🖤🖤🖤💞💓💓💓💓💗💖💖💘💘💘💝💝💝💕❣️❣️ You is in jennie’s series right? Earth?

Reply

20:51 Jan 05, 2021

Yerp!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Can i do a collab with u after u do your first one?

Reply

01:14 Jan 04, 2021

Yup! :D I'll let you know when I'm finished doing this one with Maya Emerson.

Reply

01:19 Jan 04, 2021

I'm so excited!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.