467 comments

Funny Fiction

"Wow! I met him at last," Hint said.

"Who have you met?" Clue asked.

"I know you are the son of Bobel prize winnerβ€”Bracket," Hint said.

"Yeah, I am his son and what is a Bobel prize?" Clue asked. He was a fairly well built man with sparkling blue eyes and curly brown hair.

"Then I'm honoured to meet you. You don't know what a Bobel prize is?" Hint asked. He was a fat, dark eyed man with a round face and blond hair.

"That is what I asked you now," Clue said.

"Hey, guys. The Bobel prize winner, Bracket's son doesn't know what a Bobel prize is?" Hint announced.

"What a humble person!" the crowd gathered in the small street shouted. Then a small car stopped before Hint and Clue.

"All aboard," the driver said.

Clue struggled not to get in but the crowd pushed him inside. Hint also got into the car.

"It's an honour to have you in my car," the driver said. The driver was a plump man with an oval face, dressed in white.

"Please let me down," Clue requested.

"Hint and I will show you around the city and make you understand about this small city," the driver said.

"Why should I know about this city? I am not gonna live here," Clue said.

But, Hint and the driver didn't acknowledge him.

"Our town is known by the name Thing. This is a stunning city and has an amazing sunset and sunrise. The sun rises in the west and sets in the north," Hint said.

"What a stupid name kept to a city," Clue thought.

"The sun rises in the east and sets in the west," Clue corrected Hint.

Clue had arrived in this city to meet his mother after many years. He went to pursue his education abroad and had returned as a doctor.Β 

"Whatever you say is right, my lord," Hint said.

"Why was this town named Thing?" Clue asked.

"Whoever gets the Bobel prize names the city and this was the name kept by your father," Hint explained.

The driver was watching Clue intently. So, he missed the road. He crashed onto a tree and the car's front part became like a jack in the box.

"Hey, you. What are you driving? You could have killed us," Clue said, rubbing away at his bruises.

"Yes, I was driving the car. When I saw you, I was charmed and wanted to watch you as long I could. We may walk from here to see the amazing monuments," the driver said, still watching Clue intently.

"Don't keep watching me. Like the car crash, you may crash onto a tree. Okay, let's walk," Clue said, mockingly.

"Wow! I have got scoldings from a scholar. This is the luckiest day in my life," the driver exclaimed with happiness.

Clue didn't know where to bang his head against. He became distressed as he was travelling with two fools.

The car driver's phone started vibrating. He attended the call and said, "Hey, Physics. I have met the great Bobel prize winner's son."

And Physics replied something and hung the call.

"Why did you name your son, Physics?" Clue asked.

"Then I would become the father of Physics," the car driver said. This annoyed Clue a lot.Β 

Then, Hint pointed at a building which looked like a cheese block and said, "the name of that amazing monument is Butter."

"Wow! Whoever kept the name should be the greatest fool in the world,β€œ Clue exclaimed.

"Then that fool is your father," Hint said. At least, Clue was not born in such a foolish city and he felt happy about it.

"Mr. Car driver, you are so fat. What activity do you do everyday?" Clue asked with concern.

"I play tennis, cricket and carrom board daily," the driver said.

"How many hours do you play?" Clue asked.

"Until the battery in my mobile phone runs out," the driver replied.

Clue just rubbed his head in confusion.

"What's a Bobel prize?" Clue asked.

"It's the highest honour given to anyone in this city. It's given for great achievers in this city and your father had done a great achievement," Hint explained.

Then a huge crowd gathered in front of Clue.

"Wow! See the Bobel prize winner's son," everyone shouted in unison.

"Another bunch of fools," Clue thought.

"All of them in this crowd follow your father's path," Hint said.

Clue didn't even know about his father's path. He had not even talked to them for many years.

"You should only open our shopping mall," the crowd yelled.

"Okay," Clue sighed. He certainly had no choice.

He was lifted up by the huge crowd and dropped in front of a huge building.Β 

Clue slowly walked near the entrance of the shopping complex.

Instead of a scissors or a knife, he was given a huge stick of wood.

"Break the door, break the door," the crowd chanted.

"But, why?" Clue asked. He saw a man with a small key in his hand and with sheer guessing knew that it was the key of the door.

"It is our tradition to break the door before entering the building," Hint whispered.

"Such destructive thoughts," Clue thought. He snatched the key from the man and opened the door.

"Ooooooh," the crowd went.

When he went into the shopping mall, Clue was shocked.

There was nothing on all those floors. No stalls and no goods. It was completely empty except a large statue of his father. He became completely clueless.

All the people in the crowd looked in awe at the empty building.

"What is this, Hint? There is nothing in this shopping mall, but all the people are watching it in awe," Clue asked Hint.

"This is the most wonderful building ever built in this city. It has completely nothing," Hint exclaimed happily.

Now, Clue had serious doubts about his father.

"What did my father achieve to get a Bobel prize?" Clue asked.

"It was the biggest achievement in the city," Hint said.

"What did he do?" Clue asked, hurriedly.Β 

The driver slowly pronounced,"he did nothing."

September 04, 2020 16:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

467 comments

Taryn Holmes
18:28 Sep 11, 2020

What a funny story! And I really enjoyed the irony of all the names. I could definitely feel Clue's frustration and confusion through your writing. Great job!

Reply

02:58 Sep 12, 2020

You made my day!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lizzie Brown
15:52 Sep 11, 2020

A funny story. I especially liked the ending. It was unexpected.

Reply

03:02 Sep 12, 2020

I am glad you liked the ending. Thank you for reading.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Greg Gillis
09:49 Sep 11, 2020

Very creative story. I noticed a few places where your translation was slightly off, (ie. "Kept" was used instead of gave, and "onto" was used instead of into, but overall, I truly enjoyed it. Well done.

Reply

10:10 Sep 11, 2020

Thanks!!! Yeah, I should improve a bit. Thank you for reading.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Abigail Slimzy
20:44 Sep 10, 2020

Nice one

Reply

02:16 Sep 11, 2020

Thanks!!(would you mind liking my story?)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
C.j 🀍
19:13 Sep 10, 2020

*Another

Reply

07:21 Sep 18, 2020

Okay!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
C.j 🀍
19:13 Sep 10, 2020

I really liked the story. You have a good sense of humor. I am waiting for a mother awesome story. Good job!

Reply

02:16 Sep 11, 2020

I am glad you liked this story. Thank you for reading!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Reagan B.
18:12 Sep 10, 2020

This was a good story, very well written. Keep it up!

Reply

02:13 Sep 11, 2020

Thanks!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
15:39 Sep 10, 2020

Really funny story... great job!

Reply

16:08 Sep 10, 2020

Thanks!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sampada Sharma
15:20 Sep 10, 2020

It's a interesting story that kept me reading wanting to know what will happen. Keep writing!

Reply

15:26 Sep 10, 2020

Thank you for reading. (would you mind liking my story?)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
<inactive> .
11:35 Sep 10, 2020

Oof that ending! If this was real then I would be a world proclaimed, super genius who kids would learn about in a hundred year. Great job!

Reply

12:13 Sep 10, 2020

I am glad you loved the ending. Yeah, true. LolπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Thank you for reading(would you mind liking my story?)

Reply

<inactive> .
18:07 Sep 10, 2020

oh cool

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Skyler Woods
08:04 Sep 10, 2020

A very cute story! Loved the characters and their names! A funny tale that had an element of British humor. Loved it! πŸ’–

Reply

08:05 Sep 10, 2020

Glad you loved it! πŸ’–πŸ’ž Thank you for reading, Skye.(check out my bio!)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Yolanda Wu
06:10 Sep 10, 2020

This was a really interesting story. The dialogue and the humour was intriguing and well-written. I really enjoyed reading this story. Amazing work!

Reply

06:12 Sep 10, 2020

I am glad you enjoyed reading my story. Thank you for reading. (would you mind liking my story? Thanks)

Reply

Yolanda Wu
06:18 Sep 10, 2020

Yeah of course!

Reply

06:18 Sep 10, 2020

Thanks!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Lee Jay
04:49 Sep 10, 2020

Wow. The ending is so mysterious and thought provoking - I was not expecting that. very interesting work. Great job

Reply

05:03 Sep 10, 2020

Thank you :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
S. Closson
02:22 Sep 10, 2020

This story was funny! I enjoyed the absurdity of it. Keep writing!

Reply

02:26 Sep 10, 2020

I am glad you enjoyed my story. Thank you for reading :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Good job! I really liked how you incorporated humor into your story. Keep up the good work:) ~Alainna

Reply

00:39 Sep 10, 2020

I am glad you liked the incorporation of humor. Thank you for reading. KEERTHTHAN

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
19:03 Sep 09, 2020

Nice story and very funny as well. Where a whole town remembers someone for doing nothing. Clueless indeed. The driver wanting to be the father of Physics. Just some few words to make the story much more interesting. I'm glad you weaved this story in an hour. Thumbs up.

Reply

00:26 Sep 10, 2020

Thank you for reading!!!!!!(would you mind liking my story?)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Tejas Chandna
18:38 Sep 09, 2020

What a story! Humour at its peak! Perfect timing! Great Job! Can you read my story "Freedom to fire the flies"?

Reply

18:41 Sep 09, 2020

Thanks!!!! Sure!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Tejas Chandna
18:38 Sep 09, 2020

What a story! Humour at its peak! Perfect timing! Great Job! Can you read my story "Freedom to fire the flies"?

Reply

00:44 Sep 10, 2020

Thanks!!! Would you mind liking my story?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Tejas Chandna
18:38 Sep 09, 2020

What a story! Humour at its peak! Perfect timing! Great Job! Can you read my story "Freedom to fire the flies"?

Reply

00:44 Sep 10, 2020

Thanks.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Tejas Chandna
18:38 Sep 09, 2020

What a story! Humour at its peak! Perfect timing! Great Job! Can you read my story "Freedom to fire the flies"?

Reply

00:44 Sep 10, 2020

Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.