13 comments

Fantasy Mystery Romance

PURPLE

Part 2 of Shade of purple.

Running feels strange it doesn’t feel like it used to, even when I’m not running with my Kitsune, which I have figured out is a fox, body. It’s just different. So much has happened over the couple of days that my brain feels foggy still; it needs to make sense of the past. The stars tonight are a constellation of green, orange and purple, beautiful here near the lake.

A few months earlier

My breathing feels ragged of the running: Sir Tobias lump body lays sprawled out in front of me, I feel lost. His memories only a brief yet true harsh reminder: Don’t walk home. The voice in my head told me to go to the lake, yet I’m now stuck between staying at home and going. If only I had someone to convey into in this harsh moment. I knew I had to make this decision fast, seeing as the werewolves were still on my tail, but I felt as though I couldn’t just leave everything just as it is. I decided to make an anonymous phone call to the police station so that at least Sir Tobias and Laura, my beautiful friend Laura, would not lay here alone.

After the anonymous call to the police I decide to go to the lake.

I started running as a human then switched over to a fox without even thinking.

I still don’t have control over this new part of me, but no matter I know I need to get to the lake even if it’s the last thing I do.   

I reach the lake and not a moment too late, the wolves were on my tail and then I just passed out.

I know if Kenton didn’t find me that day at the lake like he said through the mind link thingy I wouldn’t be safe anymore, I think I wouldn’t even breathe yet again be safe.

Kenton saved me that night. Now I’m forever in his debt and what better way to be in his debt when he too has proclaimed his love for you and asked you to marry him.

I sigh.

So much has happened and so many questions still remained unanswered.

I decide to mind link Kenton, I know his busy, but I hardly see him nowadays.

We need to talk

Did something happen? Are you hurt?

His response came back.

No I’m fine just meet me at the lake, our spot at 1.

I wonder how I’m going to put everything into words to Kenton it’s not like I want to start a fight, but I need to know the truth the truth to why I am what I am.

Mother weren’t there so I had to find out I’m different on other ways like protecting the ones I love, but I still did not succeed.

The memories of that day still haunts me, but also like Kenton said if it didn’t happen then I wouldn’t be who I am today and I wouldn’t know what I know.

I laugh to myself.

Do I know anything yet?

Yes Kenton told me how to go from human to fox and how to take control of my powers, but even he doesn’t have a purple halo surrounding him and he doesn’t know how I can use the purple halo any further. When I used it out of self-defence the other day when training with him I could see the shock on his face and from that day he has been really distant with me. I don’t know what is going on, but it doesn’t feel like it’s any good.

The werewolves aren’t bothering us anymore, because they don’t know exactly where we are. We are hidden from the world:  In the forest near a big cave. We can scream and no one will hear us, which is a perfect spot for transforming into a fox I realised lately, since the transformation really hurts. I haven’t realised it before , Kenton says it’s because I was too hurt already , I just think I’m somewhat different than the rest however.

After the debate in my head I decide to run with my fox through the forest a while, lately I have been doing that more than I thought I would in the beginning. The shifting still hurts a bit, but it’s manageable.

I quickly strip down to my bra and panties careful not to rip any of my clothes again and then I transform into my fox. My fox is the colour off all foxes orange like red, but my fox has purple eyes and purple fog around it. I lift my paw up into the air to look at it.

It’s still sore from the fall at the lake only a few months back, yet I start to run with my fox. The memories, the pain the newness of it all doesn’t haunt me now.  It relaxes me, I feel free.

With my fox body I can think.

“High kick, low kick punch, high kick low kick punch.”

My memory feels hazy, yet I can remember her telling me that I need to meet her at the lake . She told me our spot , yet I don’t feel like the place could be classified as our spot , yes I have met her there , but that was the place she also were on her weakest , scared and fragile. The thought of her hurt sends shivers down my spine. She is so special to me and yet she too doesn’t even know how special she really is. Father has told me to not tell her about her family for fear she might turn out the same as her father, but what I must do to prevent from telling her. What if she asked me?

The run did me wonders. I feel like a new person my skin even feels radiant and beautiful and not dull like it always seems. I’m standing at the lake already, Kenton isn’t here yet. I wonder if he forgotten.

I don’t mean to disturb him I ..i just need to know. Its eating on me.

No books from the elders could help me with the questions I seek and most elders don’t even speak to me. I need to know the truth.

...

She’s already standing there when I approach the lake. She looks half mad as if she is struggling with some inner deep thoughts. I hope she doesn’t tell me that she doesn’t want to marry me, because I’ve grown rather fond of her. I think back to the last couple of months , I haven’t spent so much time with her lately.

I sighed.

“Sorry I haven’t been spending so much time with you lately as I wanted, but I just been so busy with the wolves getting closer to this location and training …”

He apologise first, I don’t want to hear apologizes I just want to hold him.

I reach for him then hold him tight.

“It’s okay, I just missed you.”

His body feels more muscular than it normally feels.

I sigh.

I really missed him, but I really need to know the truth and I don’t want to let him side step the truth again so I take the courage I have mustered up with the transformation and just get down to the point.

“I know you know more than I do about my family. I just need you to be honest with me and tell me what happened to my Dad and why am I the way I am? No I don’t mean why I am a Kitsune I mean why do I have powers and you don’t? Why do I have purple fog around me and you don’t? Please Kenton be honest with me don’t side step me again? I need to know it’s eating me up inside?

She asked the question, the question I dreaded. The elders as well as my father have told me not to tell her, but what am I to do I can’t just lie to her.

“I..I can’t tell.”

She looks so beautiful today yet her face shows me that she is irritated by my answer.

“Kenton tell me, I don’t know if I can survive not knowing.”

She begs me.

I can’t say no to her I couldn’t have ever. Not when she asks me so directly I want to avoid the question for I don’t want to hurt her perspective of her parents , yet I know there is no way to avoid the truth.

“I don’t know if you can survive the truth.”

I tell her how I feel about the situation.

“Kenton … please.”

She begs me.

I sigh.

“Your mother were raped and almost killed by your father. She protected the elders and one night when the elders weren’t here to protect your mom while she were sleeping and gaining her strength your father raped her. She was the most heroic of all in the tribe, she protected us all, yet we couldn’t protect her. The elders came back to find her naked and full of blood, he was ready to slash her throat for mind linking the elders, but the elders intervened. They didn’t know that she would get pregnant and when she did… they did the most awful thing ever they thrown her out of the pack. You see they were scared. You see your father weren’t a fox, but an Alpha wolf with his mother being the most evil of witches.” 

August 21, 2020 10:17

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

13 comments

Amogh Kasat
12:51 Aug 24, 2020

It's a wonderful story! Please read my latest story The Secret Organisation { Part 2 }

Reply

Anja Z
18:16 Aug 24, 2020

Will do asap :) thank you for your comment :)

Reply

Amogh Kasat
04:54 Aug 25, 2020

I would be waiting for your comment and like

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
16:07 May 12, 2021

I sure hope there is a third! I loved it again. Thanks for the awesome stories! Btw would anyone mind reading my stories? There are only 2. Please? Anyone?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Oliver Paradox
02:26 Aug 25, 2020

Really good! I saw the word kitsune, forgot that it means fox, and got all excited for a moment because my friend's OC is named Kitsune. I thought you were her for a sec! 😄

Reply

Anja Z
05:45 Aug 25, 2020

🤣still I'm glad you read it and enjoyed it

Reply

Oliver Paradox
02:06 Aug 31, 2020

Ha! It was amazing.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
🄼🄹 🅂
15:15 Aug 23, 2020

Wow. Such a unique story, I would love to see what happens next! Fantastic job.

Reply

Anja Z
19:10 Aug 23, 2020

Thank you :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Yolanda Wu
07:35 Aug 23, 2020

Oooh, this was such an interesting story, you had me hooked the whole way with the distinct voice of the character and the wonderful descriptions. Would love to know what happens next! Amazing work!

Reply

Anja Z
19:06 Aug 23, 2020

Thank you so much for your kind comment :) will maybe bring another one out

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
The Cold Ice
05:30 Aug 25, 2020

Super story .keep it up .Great job👍 Would you mind to read my story “The dragon warrior?”

Reply

Anja Z
05:47 Aug 25, 2020

No problem thank you for your kind comment will read asap :) 😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.