18 comments

Adventure Fantasy

this is part 2 to "legend of Evie" so i hope you all like this story, if you were wanting another part to lets say "the camp" don't worry that would come out later today or tomorrow.

Evie and Ripple sighed as they stared out of the cave, they had been there for almost two days. Evie didn't want to risk them both getting out and then getting captured by some of the Fire nation soldiers.

"Evie what's wrong?" Ripple asked when she saw Evie looking down at her hands, was she regretting this? maybe she was sick or something.

"Its just...you remember the old avatar? Avatar Rio?" She then asked after still being silent. Avatar Rio was the last avatar before Evie and before he had disappeared.

"Yeah! of course i'd remember him, he was the AVATAR after all. i don't think anyone could possibly forget an avatar."

"its just that...i know the new avatar is like the new life of the old avatar and so Avatar Rio is a past life but...i'm not him..." Ripple didn't understand, what was going on?

she continued "everyone always praises the other avatars for doing something when it was the one before them, we're not the same though...we're our own people...i never saved the water tribe that one time as Rio or Saved those kids from the fire nation as Avatar ari"

Ripple understood now, it must be hard when its like that. She guessed that's why Avatar Rio never knew what some of the people were talking about that 'he saved' at one point. or that he just had bad memories and so did the other avatars.

"well, why don't you tell me about YOU? i've told you about me so i think its time i learn more about you." ripple asked with a small smile, she never actually got to meet an avatar before. this was just so exciting for her.

Evie had been seven when she discovered she was the avatar but until she was eleven she didn't really care at all. "Come on Rox what's wrong??" she asked her child-hood friend.

"your the avatar Evs...what if you have to leave and never come back? you could die!" Rox didn't want a friend to die, with evie being the avatar she was in danger of that happening.

Evie rolled her eyes almost annoyed by this, there hadn't ever been anything dangerous that could kill her, she's been fine her entire life. "Jeez Rox Lox calm down"

"i can remember some of that...though when i was much younger everythings always fuzzy..." Evie admitted, she was able to remember everything clearly when it was around three years ago, but when she was that young then it was always fuzzy.

"can you remember anything else? like what maybe happened to...rox?" she asked. Maybe the two of them could try to find her when they both go to save the other people from earlier.

"she...wasn't a bender..." Evie mumbled as she tried her best to get past all the fuzzy feelings, she faintly knew what happened but had to remember fully.

"Oh no..." Rox said as she saw something while she and Evie were playing a game. this was when Evie was fourteen, exactly two years before this.

"whats wrong Rox lox? Can't reach something? i can go and get it?" She asked a bit confused. Rox always got things stuck so Evie would have to go and get it.

"fire..." she mumbled as she pointed. the...the fire benders...not all of them but some of the soldiers...they were coming this way! were they invading??

"go on..." Ripple said with her hand on Evie's shoulder, she was still trying to get past all the fuzzies.

"Evie!" She heard Rox shout from somewhere in the Temple, why was this happening?? where was rox?? she had to find her!

That's when she saw Rox. she was tackled onto the floor of the Temple by several fire nation soldiers. she was getting taken away. "ROX!"

Evie gasped as she jumped back a bit startled, rox had been taken two years ago. was...was she dead? Evie couldn't save her that day...

"E-evie whats wrong??" Ripple wanted to hug her, but evie was freaking out and she didn't want to start anything.

"R-rox...she was taken...how did i not remember...??" Evie was close to crying but she sounded angry. im such an idiot! how could i have not saved her?? thanks to me she's probably dead...

"EVIE! whats wrong??" Ripple shouted trying to get her attention as She had zoned out. what was she thinking about?? was it bad or good.

"i..im fine ripple..." i have to go and save her...i just have to...don't worry roxy loxy i'm coming to save you...

evie stood up, gently pushing Ripple away and then headed toward the exit of the cave. "Evie?? where you going? are you alright??" Ripple was still worried about her, what did she see?? was it something about Rio? maybe with her old friend?

"Im...going for a walk Ripples...i'll be back soon." she smiled. she lied, she didn't think she would be back.

Ripple didn't want to try and protest against this, it was only a small walk and she was the avatar. she was sure that Evie could handle herself. she'd come to help if she had to.

Evie quickly leaves the cave and starts to walk around until ripple isn't looking anymore. she had to go through a lot of towns until she reached where The prisoner's would be.

she didn't want to bring ripple with her, she could get hurt or worse..she had to save her other friend and before she knew it she would be back with Ripple. She'd have both of her friends together.

Ripple sighed as she went to the far end of the cave hoping that she'd be fine without evie there. she wanted to get her family back...what was going on with them? were they hurt or still alive?

Dont worry guys...me and my friend will save you soon...just hold on a bit longer...

August 28, 2020 20:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

18 comments

21:15 Aug 28, 2020

Great job! This was an excellent story!

Reply

B. W.
21:15 Aug 28, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked this one ^^ did you have a favorite part for it?

Reply

21:17 Aug 28, 2020

I liked that you had the occasional flashbacks. I thought those were super cool!

Reply

B. W.
21:18 Aug 28, 2020

Yeah, i think that was my favorite part of doing this. just as a guess if you can think of anything, what do you think is happening with Rox now?

Reply

22:43 Aug 28, 2020

I have no idea! Is she a prisoner? Or a slave?

Reply

B. W.
23:45 Aug 28, 2020

maybe, you'll just have to wait :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
14:51 Sep 02, 2020

Hey, B.W.! Just upvoted you 20+ points, so now you’re in 74th place! Congrats! ~A

Reply

B. W.
14:53 Sep 02, 2020

Aw thanks Aerin :)

Reply

14:58 Sep 02, 2020

😆

Reply

B. W.
15:16 Sep 02, 2020

i have some bad writers block and i still can't think of anything for that idea i told you about yesterday. do you maybe have any ideas on what i could do to try and stop that and get ideas for it?

Reply

15:21 Sep 02, 2020

Oof, sorry. Again, I really can’t give you any ideas...partially because I literally don’t have ideas, and any I have I’d be writing, but also because YOU’RE the author and you hafta come up with plots! My suggestion: REEDSY PLOT GENERATOR! It’s a really fun tool that gives you characters, where the story starts, and a loose plot. Pair it up with a prompt, and you’ve got your work cut out for you! Have fun! ~Aerin

Reply

B. W.
15:24 Sep 02, 2020

No no i don't mean that with you helping me think of a plot i mean on how to get rid of my writers block so i can actually get ideas. unless you meant the plot generator but if that isn't and its something else i could maybe still try that.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
06:42 Sep 02, 2020

Awesome story!

Reply

B. W.
12:39 Sep 02, 2020

Thanks ^^ did you have a favorite part?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jewels 🌊🐅
16:58 Aug 30, 2020

I agree fully with Blair

Reply

B. W.
17:10 Aug 30, 2020

Thank's im glad you still liked it ^^ did you maybe have a favorite character out of the two and what did you think happened with Rox?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.