272 comments

Drama Romance Fantasy

“Ugh, I hate this place!” Darcy says and falls on the couch. 


We are in a room in an old castle. This castle is a really big one with huge walls surrounding its garden but it’s abandoned. The Royal family left it, just after Darcy was born, and moved to the new castle in the middle of the country. Now it is the home to spiders and rats. Some people come to clean it but they just do it from outside so its condition inside is awful. But unlike Darcy, I love this place.

Darcy is the Royal princess who is sent here to spend the weekend…..with me?


“This place isn’t that bad,” I reply.

“That bad?” Darcy stops as I give her a look. “Ok, so, what are we even doing here in the first place?”

“I don’t know,” I shrug. “But now we are here, so I’m going to explore this place.”

Darcy rolls her eyes. “Do whatever you want, I’m not gonna come with you.”

I walk out of the room into the hallway. 

The walls of the hall are painted in a old, medieval styled paintings. I have to remove some webs to have a clear look at the paintings. 

They are so beautiful. That’s why I love this place because it shows our past, it shows what we are supposed to be, it shows the things we had once but will never have again.


Every tiny detail is mentioned very clearly; how our planet used to be a land of magic long, long ago. But then space started getting polluted and that pollution came to our planet and started destroying the magical elements. After some centuries, people from a planet named Arth came and fully destroyed our planet, destroying its magic.

People with magic are exiled. People who even talk about magic are exiled. Everybody hates the word magic.


It destroyed one more thing. That thing is shown in the paintings but people don’t notice it and even if they notice it, they don't understand it.

That thing is love.

Love of a mother towards her child, Love of a person towards its planet and family, Love of a King towards its citizens. Love of a spouse towards another, Love of a lover towards the other. They destroyed it all. People forgot what love meant. 

But I think I know what it means. 

“What is this?” Darcy speaks, making me jump. 

“When did you come here?” I ask.

“I was standing here all the time,” she says, “Now tell me what is this?”

She is pointing towards a painting of the Magical Crystal. The magical crystal that gave power to all the magical people. The same magical crystal that the Arthlings destroyed to destroy the magical people.

“It’s our Magical Crystal,” I say.

“Our?”

“Our ancestors.”

“Cas, these are all lies, there was nothing like this, there was no magic.”

“No, it is the truth, lies are what you’re telling me now.” 

Yes, lies are what they are telling us. They are all lies. This is another reason why I love this place and Darcy hates it. But Darcy hating this place doesn't mean that I hate her. I still love her and will always do.


We then explore other rooms in the castle, most of them are covered in grime and dust, their walls covered in paintings. 

After exploring many rooms, I enter a room. Darcy doesn't make any noise as she follows me into the room. It is just a simple room with plain walls but it’s different. It doesn't have any paintings like the rest of the room here. The huge Royal bed, couch, and all other stuff are covered. I move around the room. The air is filled with dust as I remove the covers. Darcy coughs a little and I’m by her side the very next second. 

“What happened?” I ask.

“N-” *Darcy coughs* “Nothing”

“Do you need water?”

“No,” *cough* 

I gesture her to sit down on the couch and run out of the room. I run down the stairs to the room in which we were sitting earlier and grab the backpack. I run back to the room as fast as I can to find Darcy coughing violently. I take the water bottle from the backpack and hand it to Darcy. After drinking some water, her coughing stops. I sit next to Darcy and take her hand in mine. 

She looks at the ceiling and lets her thoughts race in silence. She looks even more beautiful as she sits there peacefully. Her long light brown hairs tied back in a ponytail. Her small perfect lips closed in a tight line. Her ocean-blue eyes staring at some point in the distance. I stare at her for a long time, because I don’t want to look at anything else.


She suddenly looks up at me, “You really like me so much, right?”

I quickly look away, I feel embarrassed. 

“Yeah….um...I mean I would have done the same thing for anyone in your place.”

“But you like me,” Darcy says.

I stay quiet.

“You know, I also believe that what the paintings show is true. I said that they are lies because that’s what everybody wants us to say, they don’t want us to know that this is the truth.”

“I know, but we can change it, we can tell the people what is true and what is not.”

“Yeah, we can.” 

Again there is an awkward silence.

“You know why I hate this place?”

“Umm...no?”

“Because this place reminds me of my...of my mother.” 

Yeah, her mother. She was killed soon after Darcy’s birth, that’s what I think, by the Arthlings because she was a magical person. I don’t know the whole story but I think it was something related to Darcy being born with magical powers. I have been with Darcy for about 16 years and I don’t think that she has any magic, I would have loved it if she had magic but she doesn't have.

“Your mother was a nice lady,”

“Maybe...my father never talks about her, he hates her.”

“No, you’re wrong, he loved her and he still loves her, but he is hiding it because people don’t want him to love her.”

“Then we need to change that too.” I say with a little laugh.

“You know what?”

“Huh?”

“Your smile is the best smile I have ever seen.” Darcy says.

“You know what?”

“What?”

“That smile exists only because of you.” I reply.


September 19, 2020 03:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

272 comments

B. W.
15:36 Sep 25, 2020

heya could ya check out "betrayed" and tell me what you think?

Reply

D. Shikha
15:44 Sep 25, 2020

Will do in some time.

Reply

B. W.
15:46 Sep 25, 2020

Yep ^^ well i do love writing and that's completely fine, just remember to leave some feedback

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
D. Shikha
15:45 Sep 25, 2020

You write really fast.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
B. W.
12:40 Sep 25, 2020

Hey could ya help with something?

Reply

D. Shikha
12:52 Sep 25, 2020

Yeah, what is it?

Reply

B. W.
12:54 Sep 25, 2020

So ya know my demi-god series right? not sure if i told you yet but i'm turning it into a novel

Reply

D. Shikha
12:56 Sep 25, 2020

Umm...sorry but I don't know about it. Does it include your story, 'The Goddess Child'?

Reply

B. W.
12:57 Sep 25, 2020

Yeah "the goddess child" was the first part i made of it, i'm not sure if that's the only one ya know, i could give you a list?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
D. Shikha
12:57 Sep 25, 2020

You just give me the list of stories, I'll read them now.

Reply

B. W.
12:59 Sep 25, 2020

Alright ^^ leave some feedback: The Goddess child (ya already read it but it's still just the first one) the camp not his fault Getting her back It has begun (this part is kinda a part of a crossover but i want ya to see it because it adds some other characters)

Reply

D. Shikha
13:01 Sep 25, 2020

Ok, I'll read them now.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
02:42 Nov 02, 2020

Hey Moon!!

Reply

D. Shikha
13:37 Nov 02, 2020

Hii!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
D. Shikha
13:53 Nov 02, 2020

Hey, Snow, I tried to write a story recently... in the form of a poem... it's not good but would you mind reading it and telling what do you think? https://allpoetry.com/poem/15517931-Part-1--To-her--fake--love---by-Kim-Mi-Young And yeah, it's kinda related to teen pregnancy... but their is no mention of any sexual stuff. Just letting ya know~

Reply

14:58 Nov 02, 2020

Wow that was- That was sooo beautiful and so sad and regretful! I actually wrote something just like that- NOT about Teen pregnancy but about love..and thinking someone liked me. Its that story I told you to read "Kinda Hurt. Okay?" This sentence really spoke to me then, when I found you, I suddenly felt happy, I felt like I loved you. but no, that wasn’t love, that was just my desire for being loved... ... What do you mean its not good? Your awesome at poetry!!!! Annddd thats amazing! But um- something is really bugging me and...

Reply

D. Shikha
16:05 Nov 02, 2020

Thank you so much, Ugochi!! I never thought that you would like it!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! Oh, I haven't read that poem/story yet, sorry😌 Yeah, those are my favorite lines... 'cause they are very true... I don't think so... but whatever, actually, the problem with me is that I always keeps criticizing my work, idk why?😂 And about it being true... well, it's not true... but umm, can we talk on NaNoWriMo?

Reply

16:09 Nov 02, 2020

Of course I liked it!! Why wouldn't I! Well you need to start taking pride in your work, regardless if you think it is good or not😌. And if someone doesn't like it, hear their critique and next time remember it😌mmkay! But I don't know why wouldn't like it..they are just crazy cause how? and surreeee!

Reply

D. Shikha
16:31 Nov 02, 2020

Thank you!! I also think that I should start taking *pride* for my work😂 (lol, not being rude here) Yeah, that's why I want, people giving critique on my work so that I could improve...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
B. W.
17:33 Oct 23, 2020

hey

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
19:19 Oct 14, 2020

Hey, could you possibly help me with something? I'm having some trouble with stuff

Reply

D. Shikha
01:56 Oct 19, 2020

Sorry, B. I didn't reply to your recent comments. I was really busy... I'm sorry😔 Yeah, what help do you need?

Reply

B. W.
01:59 Oct 19, 2020

It's alright ^^ well i made a new story and i could use some help with other things for it, like romance and stuff

Reply

D. Shikha
02:02 Oct 19, 2020

As you know, I'm terrible at writing romance but okay!!

Reply

B. W.
02:06 Oct 19, 2020

oh dang it, sorry about that.

Reply

D. Shikha
02:06 Oct 19, 2020

It's okay, I can try to help ya!!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
16:04 Oct 12, 2020

Hey, i saw all the stuff from a while ago. so your not leaving then? That's good ^^ i hope we can still talk as well :)

Reply

D. Shikha
16:18 Oct 12, 2020

No, I'm not leaving...

Reply

B. W.
16:19 Oct 12, 2020

Yay ^^ could we still talk? i hope we can

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
04:04 Oct 09, 2020

Well I see you deleted your bio..so your not leaving?? I'm gonna take it like that. Also I wrote a new story🥺please come read. DON'T GO!!

Reply

D. Shikha
11:38 Oct 11, 2020

It's okay, Ugochi! I'm not going any where. Yay, I'll read it ASAP!!

Reply

15:55 Oct 11, 2020

YAY!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
00:11 Oct 08, 2020

Nooooo! Why are you leavinnngg🥺😭

Reply

Show 0 replies
Keerththan 😀
15:33 Oct 07, 2020

Please please come back! I miss you! Come back to Ap and Reedsy. Don't leave me so abruptly. Please come again and what's the reason?

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
00:55 Oct 07, 2020

Hey, do you possibly know how to draw very well? i need some help with something

Reply

Show 0 replies
16:29 Oct 05, 2020

Great story!

Reply

D. Shikha
17:07 Oct 05, 2020

Thanks!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
19:52 Oct 03, 2020

If you think everything sucks you most definitely have not had mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Reply

D. Shikha
05:09 Oct 04, 2020

Lol, it's one of the things that can never suck... My mood changes so fast. lol Wow, I 'lol-ed' two times in last two lines. Lol again!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
DHANANJAY SHARMA
10:09 Sep 25, 2020

Simply beautiful. I am speechless. Kindly go through mine. https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/60/submissions/35763/ Looking forward to collaborate with you.

Reply

D. Shikha
12:54 Sep 25, 2020

Thanks!! I'll read your story whenever I'll get time.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.