Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet!

Submitted into Contest #65 in response to: Write about a group of witches meeting up on Halloween night.... view prompt

682 comments

Horror Funny Friendship

The wind howled like a banshee, cutting through the silence of the black sky like a scissor.

Boys and girls - even parents - of all sizes flooded the decorated streets.

The witches in the house had scared many trick-or-treaters away with their 'creepiness,' blood, and pranks, so they were bored out of their minds now, needing something to do.

“Alright, let the-” Amany said, waving a stick in the air and kicking her chunky black wedge heels off. She was forced to the side by an elbow, and a girl who was smiling from ear-to-ear took her place.

“Let the meeting begin!” Ria exclaimed, her arms in a jumping jack position. Her eyebrows wiggled like worms as she said ‘begin,’ and she grinned. Ria stumbled forward, tripping on the broomsticks against the wall. Her pointy black hat drooped a bit, like a sad puppy who got scolded.

“Girl, you gotta be careful,” Kylie said, laughing and helping Adrienne stand up.

“It was their fault!” Ria said, pointing at the broomsticks and sticking her tongue out at them.

“Wait- why are we doing this again?” B’s eyebrow cocked at the girls as she said, “We saw each other yesterday.”

Ria’s eyes widened, and her hands went to her heart. “B, I haven’t seen you in five whole years! What’re you talking about?” she said, a smile appearing on her face.

Amany gently smacked Ria on the back of her head. “I mean, we planned this, didn’t we?”

Ria rubbed the back of her head with her thumbs.

“Yeah, I know!” B said, flopping onto the sofa like a limp doll.

“Okay, so the meeting has begun... now what?” Kylie asked, adjusting her witch's cloak as she sat down next to B. She grabbed a white pillow from the couch and cuddled it like a puppy.

“I don’t know, we didn’t plan this far ahead,” Ria said, laughing and walking over to the sofa.

"And honestly, I'm kind of tired of walking to the door over and over," Kylie said, sighing and fixing the fake blood on her neck.

“Well, do you guys wanna watch Netflix or something?” B asked, taking off her black lace-up knee-high wedge boots and sliding them under the couch.

“Sure,” Amany said, playing with the smooth, plastic mole on her face.

Ria looked at Kylie, and they nodded at each other, their lips pressed together as if they were trying to hold in a secret.

Kylie got up from the couch and ran over to where the remote lay, on the wooden coffee table in the middle of the room.

“We’re going to talk. Socialize!” Ria exclaimed, grinning. “Fun, right, guys?”

A blood-curdling scream rang in the air, and B jumped up.

“What the-” she exclaimed, tiptoeing over to the back door.

A satisfying click came from the door as B locked it, turning back to her friends. Her eyes were wide open, and goosebumps formed all over her skin.

“This isn’t funny...” Amany murmured, her lips parted in an ‘o’ shape.

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Kylie struggled to stifle her screams as someone- something- banged on the back door as if their fists would never break.

Ria ran over to Kylie and hugged her, rubbing her shoulders. Her eyes were wide too, and her heartbeat pounded in her ears.

“Who’s there?” Amany said, glaring at the door.

Silence. Nobody said a thing on the other end, not even when Amany repeated herself.

“Who’s there?!”

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

“Help, I need-!” a woman’s voice yelled, her fists sliding down the door. Her voice was high, and it sounded like sandpaper.

Kylie’s eyes widened at the woman’s cry for help, and B shouted, “Open the door!”

Amany gulped and nodded, raising her shaky hand. The fake brass handle shone like glass as Amany reached for the lock and grabbed the handle.

No one was there.

Ria let out a shriek as she saw what was in front of the door.

A bit of blood flowed into the room, soaking Amany’s socks. But she didn’t care, she couldn’t stop staring at the doormat. On the words ‘welcome’ written in big, blocky, black letters was a body.

A woman’s body, crippled up right against Amany’s feet.

Nobody spoke.

The woman’s face was twisted like a twizzler, her face distorted horribly.

“No! Close it!” Ria and B exclaimed, their eyes glassy.

Amany nodded and shut the door, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath.

Ria sobbed and grabbed another pillow from the couch.

“Heartless...” she muttered, “heartless. Why do people enjoy hurting each other?!”

Amany walked over to Ria and hugged her tightly. Kylie and B joined in, and they hugged each other for a while.

“Is there like- a security camera out there?” B asked Amany, her eyes red and puffy. Lines appeared on her forehead as if someone had drawn on it.

“I don’t know,” Amany said, wiping her face.

“Do you think we should give her a funeral?” Kylie asked, glancing at the door.

Ria’s eyes widened. “I’m sorry, I can’t...” she said, “I can’t with that...” she shook her head and rocked herself, playing with the itchy, gauze-like fluff that hung off her black skirt.

“Yeah, and my parents rarely allow dead bodies in my house,” Amany said with a weak smile, rubbing Ria’s back.

Kylie nodded and stood up, walking towards the door.

Ria watched her, waiting to see what she would do. She opened her mouth to say something, then closed it as Kylie’s hand neared the door handle.

Click!

Kylie locked the door, running back to her comfortable spot on the couch.

“Where are parents when you need them?” Ria asked, turning her head away from the door.

Kylie shrugged and grabbed a decoration from the plain wall, putting it on Ria’s head.

B smiled at Amany, Ria, and Kylie, then her expression switched to seriousness. “Guys, what are we going to do about the body?”

The door creaked open and the girls jumped out of their spots, startled.

“We’re home!” Amany’s parents called, parading through the door with bags of candy.

Their grins dropped as soon as they spotted the girls’ expressions. “What happened?”

“We saw a-“ Amany started, running over to her parents and hugging them.

B cut her off, her eyes wide, “Scary movie. We watched a scary movie,”

“Yeah, and Amany got a teensy bit jumpy,” - Adrienne nodded, smiling at Amany’s parents - “if ya know what I mean.”

Amany’s eyes widened. “Mom, look!” she pulled her mother towards the back door of the house and unlocked it. The woman’s head, which the door had supported, fell to the ground with a painful thump!

Amany’s mother stared at the body, her eyes wide. She turned to her husband, whose eyes were glued to the body.

Then, they laughed. Doubled over, holding their stomachs for dear life, as if their guts would spill out at any second.

Amany stared at her parents, trying to form words but failing.

B cleared her throat and said, “‘Scuse me, would you mind telling me why you’re laughing?”

“W-well,” - Amany’s father let out a chuckle and he stood up straight, smiling at the girls - “we got you!”

October 26, 2020 20:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

682 comments

Raquel Rodriguez
20:26 Oct 26, 2020

This story is dedicated to B.W., Amany, Adrienne/Ria, and Kylie! Hope you guys like it! :)

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
20:34 Oct 26, 2020

Also- yes, I know, the main plot of the story isn't about the witches and stuff

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ariadne .
21:25 Oct 26, 2020

OMG I LOVE MYSELF I AM SO CUTE AND HAPPYYYYY Gosh, I'm going to give Amany's parents a lecture. They killed my poor heart! Raquel, I am in tears. This is wonderful! I love how you portrayed me - I'm such a cute bundle of energy! Self-compliments aside, WOW! This was a GREAT story. Were we the witches in regard to the prompt?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
21:32 Oct 26, 2020

Lol, I'm glad you liked yourself! Don't worry, I already lectured them for you XD Ikr, I really do hope that you like it! :) Yeah, you guys were dressed up as witches!

Reply

Ariadne .
22:35 Oct 26, 2020

Haha, definitely! Sure. I suppose I can't lecture them after denying anything unusual happened... Cool! I've always wanted to be a witch, especially after Harry Potter. I'll be Siria Black or Heriamione Granger. Maybe Mineria McGonagall?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
02:03 Oct 27, 2020

Lol, I guess I'll be your fairy godmother, then! ;D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Lonnie Larson
02:40 Nov 06, 2020

Good story. A bit chaotic, but then again it was Halloween. Keep it up.

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
04:40 Nov 06, 2020

Thank you a lot Lonnie! I'm glad you liked! Did you hear Halloween was a full blue moon apparently? I didn't see the blue, but it was full.

Reply

Lonnie Larson
00:33 Nov 09, 2020

The term "Blue Moon" refers to the fact that it is the second full moon in the same month. It has nothing to do with color.

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
00:52 Nov 09, 2020

Ohhhhh, lol Silly me, I thought that it was supposed to be blue. It would've been cool to see an actually blue moon though :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
04:53 Nov 05, 2020

I GOT 45 SUMS OF MATH HW AND 8 TUTION WKSHTSSSSSS WELPPPP but I finished them on time!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
13:58 Nov 05, 2020

Holy frick, girl. I'm glad you did, lol. I only have two periods of school today: ELA and after is a break. Yayyyy! :)

Reply

Sia S
14:33 Nov 05, 2020

Lol, WHAT?! Nice!! Btw, tmrw is the last day of school then we have a 2 week HOLIDAYYYYY!!!!!! Yass!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
15:17 Nov 05, 2020

Ikr, I'm taking a break right now. Are you serioussss? LUCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Reply

Sia S
02:37 Nov 06, 2020

Lol, yessss ugh Maths started.... FRACTIONS 😭😭

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
04:39 Nov 06, 2020

Oh, I'm doing integers and division negative fraction equations with different properties lol

Reply

Show 3 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amaya .
00:09 Nov 18, 2020

this whole conversation (I was upvoting Raquel) is the most ridiculous but amazing convos I've ever read

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
03:32 Nov 18, 2020

Omgggg first of all thank youuuuu gurllll Second, yesssss lol

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sia S
06:20 Nov 18, 2020

Loll yes!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
12:46 Nov 18, 2020

I changed my profile picture and symbol around my nameeee yeee

Reply

Sia S
14:32 Nov 18, 2020

Niceeee

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
14:56 Nov 18, 2020

Yay, I'm gonna change my bio to include y'all more :P

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amaya .
18:34 Nov 18, 2020

:)

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:44 Nov 18, 2020

:) how do you like my new profile pictureeee?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 2 replies
Kristin Neubauer
15:31 Nov 01, 2020

Hah! That's so cute, Raquel. I love your stories featuring your Reedsy friends - the dialogue is fun and - in this case - great little twist at the end. A joy to read!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:19 Nov 01, 2020

Thank you so much, Kristin! Thank you for always checking out my stories, I really appreciate it and I always look forward to seeing your comments :D Thank you again, I'm glad you liked the story :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Bianka Nova
00:08 Oct 30, 2020

Loved this little tribute to the girls. I found it a bit hard to follow who does what in the beginning, but the story was funny and cute! It was kind of like a toned down teen version of "The missing ingredient" from Four Rooms. 😉

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
03:00 Oct 30, 2020

Thank you, Bianka! These girls have been really nice to me the whole time I've been on Reedsy, so I really wanted to dedicate a story to them! :) I'm sorry about that, I'll work on making character actions clearer in my next stories. Thank you, I hope you enjoyed!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Wolfy 🐺
14:19 Oct 29, 2020

Raquel, what I love most about your stories is how you perfectly portray the characters, this story is no exception. At the same time you manage to weave in the scary, creepy theme, which is just awesome! Great job!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
15:57 Oct 29, 2020

Thank you! :) I'm really glad you liked the story! Also, thank you for noticing, I love the horror genre, so I'm definitely going to make a ton of horror stories 'till the first of November! >:D

Reply

Wolfy 🐺
15:59 Oct 29, 2020

Lol please do!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:02 Oct 29, 2020

I love being scared, but then I have to sleep with the light on, lol. Though my horror tolerance is getting pretty high because I subbed to a YouTuber who only makes videos about people finding bodies and unexplained horror accounts on TikTok

Reply

Wolfy 🐺
17:18 Oct 29, 2020

I- w o a h. that's scary. Once I watched a Brain Games episode that was all about being scared. I left my night light on for like the next week.

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
17:21 Oct 29, 2020

Lol, the only thing I have is a mini lava lamp/nightlight that I've had since I was a child.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kaitlyn James
19:13 Oct 27, 2020

Great story Raquel! I liked it a lot! It's really cool how you dedicated this to Blair, Amany, Ria, and Kylie! Keep up the good work!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
20:01 Oct 27, 2020

Thanks! I'm glad you liked the story :) Thank you!

Reply

Kaitlyn James
20:18 Oct 27, 2020

No problem!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
20:59 Oct 27, 2020

:)

Reply

Kaitlyn James
21:08 Oct 27, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jessica Primrose
16:53 Oct 27, 2020

I really love this !! The descriptions were so on point.

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:58 Oct 27, 2020

Thank you so much! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
21:42 Oct 26, 2020

Oh! My. GOSH!! I love this SO much!! The descriptions were great, and I loved how you expressed each of us in a different way!! I LOVE ME!!! You did such a great job portraying me, and it felt like I was there! I was so sweet, and I totally WOULD want a funeral for a (fake) dead body! I only caught 1 error, probably because I was reading and rereading MY stuff! "She grabbed a white pillow from the couch and coddled it like a puppy." I think you mean cuddled! Great job!! Seriously, if I could only choose 5 stories to be in my library, thi...

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
21:48 Oct 26, 2020

Thank you so much! I'm glad you love your character! I tried, though I don't know that much about you guys, so yeah! Oh! Yeah, I didn't notice that, thank you! Thank you so much, but I don't think it's THAT good, your stories are way better! ;)

Reply

23:31 Oct 26, 2020

You're welcome! Hey, that's not true, your stories are AMAZING!! :)

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
05:04 Oct 27, 2020

Well, yours are too! :) And thank you! :D See, you're so nice!

Reply

15:27 Oct 27, 2020

Awww, thank you!! You're welcome!! You are too! :) (check out my bio!)

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
15:33 Oct 27, 2020

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I'm honored, thank you!!! :D

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
05:11 Nov 06, 2020

Hiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Lollll I'm upvoting you too place 19? Kay?

Reply

Sia S
05:20 Nov 06, 2020

Done till 22!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Raquel Rodriguez
16:20 Nov 06, 2020

YOOOOOO KJDFHJERIJHGJERITJHDFGSIERADSFDRYYRERKQWEJRTIHIYHOW34T2890CGJ2FB2 THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHH!

Reply

Sia S
05:40 Nov 07, 2020

YESS IHEDN JIFEN 9IEFN 9U3FB U83DN9CUEDN 9-YEAR-OLD7FJR298F WELCONE SO MUCH!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:06 Nov 07, 2020

UEHDJDJDIDHDHDKEOEYEVDNDOD9SWYSJ OMG YOU'RE THE FORKING BEST EEEEEEE Lol

Reply

Sia S
06:00 Nov 08, 2020

H U9EH IUEFG IUFEGV OMG THANKS YOUUUNYOU TOOOOOO hehe

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:57 Nov 08, 2020

HDHFHDKEKEJEJDJNFJFKK >:)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
B. W.
00:37 Nov 02, 2020

heyyy

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
03:44 Nov 02, 2020

hey, what's up? :/

Reply

B. W.
03:47 Nov 02, 2020

im just kinda bored

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
03:55 Nov 02, 2020

same, I'm doing hw rn :P

Reply

B. W.
03:59 Nov 02, 2020

what do ya wanna talk about?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
12:29 Nov 02, 2020

Idk, what do you wanna talk about?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
15:54 Nov 01, 2020

Monday is coming!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:17 Nov 01, 2020

NOOOOOOOOO!

Reply

Sia S
16:22 Nov 01, 2020

AHHHHH, Btw get through school for potterheads : imagine each period as something new, like Science/Chem : Potions History : Ancient runes/ or History of magic Political Science: Hmm Minister of Magic classes? Maths: I dunno thats all i got!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:48 Nov 01, 2020

Lol, wizards don't have math

Reply

Sia S
02:38 Nov 02, 2020

Hehe lol

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
03:46 Nov 02, 2020

Luckyyy! :)

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
03:19 Nov 01, 2020

heyyy

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:17 Nov 01, 2020

Heyyyy! :)

Reply

B. W.
17:24 Nov 01, 2020

how are ya?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:17 Nov 01, 2020

Good, you?

Reply

B. W.
18:31 Nov 01, 2020

i guess im good, its kinda half and half

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
19:24 Nov 01, 2020

:) great, so what's up?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:45 Oct 31, 2020

First of all, love the name! It's a classic thing that kids will say around Halloween so it's really cool that you incorporated it. Second of all... OMG! This story is sooooo good. Like seriously, how do you write like that?? I really liked the plot, it was really good. And the description, just as amazing :)

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:57 Oct 31, 2020

Thank youuu! I didn't know what to title it, so I just titled it 'Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet!' but my friend Ash said it was too cliche or whatever, so yeah. Thank you so much! You write good too, don't say that! :)

Reply

19:00 Oct 31, 2020

Of course!! Aww, thank you! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
00:58 Oct 31, 2020

heyyy

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
01:00 Oct 31, 2020

gotta go to bed, talk to you in the morning :)

Reply

B. W.
01:02 Oct 31, 2020

aw, alright ^^

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:20 Oct 31, 2020

Hey, what's up?

Reply

B. W.
16:55 Oct 31, 2020

You could delete that conversation now that has my real name and stuff

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
17:37 Oct 31, 2020

alright

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
00:19 Oct 30, 2020

heyyyy

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
03:01 Oct 30, 2020

Heyyyy! :)

Reply

B. W.
03:10 Oct 30, 2020

how are ya? ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
21:27 Oct 29, 2020

I got some good news now, i just finished one of my novels ^^

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
02:57 Oct 30, 2020

OMGGGGG, YOU DIDDDD?! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOUUU! :D Great job, I could never! :)

Reply

B. W.
03:10 Oct 30, 2020

yep, i did ^^ though it was kinda one i did for fun so I ain't sure if ill publish it or not, its also based off one of my favorite horror games/game in general

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
11:26 Oct 30, 2020

Okay, well maybe you could edit it for mistakes and stuff

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
16:00 Oct 29, 2020

Hola amiga ^^ how are you?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:04 Oct 29, 2020

Hola, ¿como estas?

Reply

B. W.
16:06 Oct 29, 2020

I'm doing good ^^ are you maybe fluent in Spanish?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:07 Oct 29, 2020

Kind of, I still have a bit to learn, but I've been learning a lot more over quarantine because mi Mama habla Español (my grandma speaks Spanish) So yeah :)

Reply

B. W.
16:11 Oct 29, 2020

I can't speak spanish that much and I barely understand it :/ I can really only speak english

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:20 Oct 29, 2020

Well, what's your secondary language? It's pretty hard, I should know. Especially because I'm learning four languages at once. (Korean, Mandarin, Spanish, and English)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
04:56 Oct 29, 2020

Wassup?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
15:57 Oct 29, 2020

Hey!

Reply

Sia S
04:53 Oct 30, 2020

Hiyaa!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
11:26 Oct 30, 2020

It's another school day, ughhh! At least it's Friday, lol

Reply

Sia S
13:58 Oct 30, 2020

Lolll we had a holiday todayyyy. I woke up at 11 15 today . Muahahahaaaa

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
14:37 Oct 30, 2020

Nooooo! I'm so jellyyy! I'm in Social Studies rn... :/ You're so lucky, I'm snatching your holiday. Today's Halloween, so when I woke up, I dressed up as myself with pajamas. That's my costume :D

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.