Magically Parallel

Submitted into Contest #101 in response to: Write a story that involves a reflection in a mirror.... view prompt

2 comments

Adventure Fantasy Funny

It was a snowy day, i had plan with my friends. We would go out and grab a delicious hot chocolate and pick someone for secret Santa. Every year was magical but this i didn’t feel the joy. I was in my home stuck with nothing to do, when i got a call from my parents saying that they will be stuck in traffic for a long time. I exhaled quietly as i was disappointed. I decided to take a quick nap while i wait. While i was asleep i heard a noise i woke only to find nothing there, i thought i was hallucinating so i went back to bed and then i heard the voice and i wanted to know what was causing it. I followed the sound and it leads me to my attic. There in the attic there was an old chest. The chest was locked; there was a strange symbol on it. It was a circle with a rhombus in it a red ruby in the middle. I thought I’d recognized it somewhere. Then i realized the same symbol was on a painting in my room. I rushed to my room, when i reached the painting and took it off the wall only to find a key stuck behind the painting. i took the key and went back to the attic to open the chest. I put the key in and it opened. Inside it was a huge mirror and there was some weird writing on it " tu alag gaye duniya alg dunia ". The mirror was really beautiful. It was of circular shape with golden borders and a ruby on top of it. I hanged it where the painting used to go. I decided to comb my hair, I was looking in the mirror and hands came out of the window and pulled me in. when I woke up everything was different. My room had pink walls but now they were blue and my bed was the left corner and now it was o right. I had no idea what was going on, then I suddenly realized it was school, and then I remembered it was snowing so it might get cancelled. I looked outside the window only to find a hot summer day. It was crazy. Ignoring what I saw I went to school. When I reached everything was different, I was late to class so I rushed and in my class my teacher was smiling and had a picture of him on the board and when I entered he started screaming “I am so glad you came, I am so glad you came” this was driving me crazy and then he gave me a marker to raw on his picture on the wall, it was so weird. The students were different as well, mike was eating, Jessica was doing yoga, and max brought his PS5 to class and was playing fortnight which was very odd as max hated fortnight. I sat on my seat and fell asleep. The school bell rang and I went to the cafeteria to get some lunch. I was so hungry, when it was my turn to pick I noticed that all the French fries and burgers and cola was there, normally by the time it was my turn everything like that would be finished. As I took them and sat on my table everyone kept looking at me. When I sat next to my best friend she asked me if I was on a diet and it felt a little weird. Ignoring her question I asked hew “how’s your day going jenn?” and then she answered “who’s jenn, I am nnej” and I was really surprised to hear it, I thought it was a joke but I knew that jenn hated jokes and pranks. Later she invited me to hangout after school. School was really fun, there was no studying, exams cancelled I was like a bird. After school mom made burgers for lunch and they were so tasty. After that I went to jenn/nnej’s house. There I told her I was on a diet snd she said she wasn on diet too and then she brought up burgers, KFC, fries and they were so tasty and best of all I was liosing wait by eating the tasty stuff this time. After we were done jenn’s mom came and told how clean her room was and she better make a mess. Me and my friend had so muchfun making her room a mess. Afterthat I was tierd and I headed home, I knew I came back way after the cufew but when I reached my parents were happy instead of mad. After I went to bed my mom came to check on me, only that when I was on the bed she kept staring at me like I did something wrong and I ignored it an slept. I woke up the next day only to know that everything was a dream. My walls were pink again my bed was on left and there was no golden mirror, it was a snowy day, i wish school could be cancelled but the snow stopped, so it was back to school, Just to confirm everything was in school was back normal as well. Teacher always mad, mike and max were sleeping, Jessica adding some blush to her face and jenn was back to normal as well. Even in the cafeteria every good thing was gone, its regular but disappointing, I had to eat broccoli and tomato salad, it was so horrible. After that me and my friends decided to do secret santa. I got Jessica and I knew exactly what to get her, after all it’s a Christmas. After that dream everything went great and bad and bad part was that Ididn get to eat any burgers. After I reached home mom made egg sandwich for lunch they aren’t the best but they are tasty. See u next time. Cant wait to write again.

July 05, 2021 10:04

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Esther Stephen
05:43 Jul 15, 2021

Good story,but if I could be honest you used too much punctuation marks and it seem you were in hurry to tell it. Also the Beginning is the most important part of the story,it should interesting but this one was confusing to me. We have to help each other so that to be better.

Reply

Syeda Sisters
09:27 Jul 19, 2021

No problem

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.