Do you want me to tell you a story about a girl who was captured? I bet your first thought was that she was chained or locked in some room, but no, she was trapped inside of her own mind.
She was standing still. The blood was pounding in her ears so that every sound around her was muffled. She was barefoot; she could feel gooey and tick pound of liquid beneath her feet. A sound of a siren went off. The same sound was giving her a headache while the blood pounding hasn’t stopped. The taste of metal began pinching her tongue and palates. All the sounds were becoming less clear; until all she could hear was wheezing.
Voice One - You are going crazy Lilith… - The eerie voice was scratching through her ears, at least, that’s how she felt. There were several similar voices, going over each other. They were all saying something.
Voice Two - Run away, run away… - Another voice said.
Voice Three - She won’t get there in time… - The third voice of a woman spoke.
I am not strong, I am weak, I can’t move… - She was saying to herself. Her blood pressure was getting higher. Her heart was beating faster. Where am I?
Voice Two - You are in hell darling; this is how hell looks like…
Voice One - No, she is not in hell! Lilith, don’t listen to her, she is… - she coughed - crazy! - All three voices began laughing.
I am not crazy; I am not crazy… - She wanted to convince herself, but she couldn’t. The voices were too strong to fight them off, even her own self-doubt was too strong.
She was cold; tiny snowflakes were burning her light and bare skin. Her skin was exposed to a darkness that covered the sky above her. She raised her gaze and looked at the moon that was shining down on here. I am not crazy; this is just a dream… Still unable to believe her own words Lilith felt her beating heart going weaker.
Voice Two - She won't survive…
Voice One - No, she won't…
Voice Three - She is too weak
She fell on her knees, hitting them hard on the cement floor. She raised her hands - they were red, soiled with blood. Her whole naked body was covered in traces of blood. Am I to blame?
Voice One - Of course you are! Look at yourself!
Voice Three - Poor Lilith, she doesn’t even know what she did.
Voice Two - Can you hear us, Lilith, why don’t you listen to us?
Lilith could hear those voices, she made them, they were coming from her head. But these voices were new and unfamiliar. She didn’t know those womanly voices. She was scared of them, they were scary and distant. Lilith was now trapped with other voices that appeared just now, now that she was stuck in the middle of the street covered in dead’s man blood.
- Why am I here? Why did you bring me here? What do you want from me? - She was asking, speaking in a low voice. But no response, there was nobody that could hear her questions.
Voice One - She is going mad…
Voice Two - Who is she speaking to?
Voice Three - She must be going crazy.
Voice Two - She is already crazy, but who is she speaking to?
- Please tell me, where am I? Why is there blood on my hands? - The cold wind was slapping her face and burning her skin like tiny snowflakes that were landing on her dirty and bloody skin.
Everything before her eyes was unclear, especially the body that was lying in front of her in the same pound of blood that her bare feet were sunken into. She could hear the murmurs around her. She was looking at people’s faces looking back at her. She couldn’t understand what happened and why she is in a place like that, bare skinned around blood.
In the distance, there was black glass.
Voice One - If you look deep into that mirror you will reveal the truth, Lilith.
Voice Two - Don’t trust her Lilith! She is speaking madness!
She looked at her reflection looking back at her. She raised her tiny hand closer to her cheek. She could see the frightened little girl in that glass. Is this me? A man appeared behind her. The man in the glass reflection placed his hand over her shoulders. - Don’t be scared… - a mysterious man said. - I am here now.
- I knew you would come!! - She cheered in excitement.
Voice Two - Who is he?
Voice Three - What does he want with her?
Voice One - Lilith, tell us, who is he?
Then two burly men in gray suits came behind her back. - Come with us. - One of them said. They grabbed her by her arms and handcuffed her. A smile appeared on her face revealing bloody teeth. She began laughing, like a mad man.
Voice Three - Why is she laughing?
Voice Two - Why didn’t she escape?
- You know what you did. – One of the two men spoke. But she didn’t know what she did. She had no clue of the events that occurred. The only thing she knew was that she was free. – You are coming with us now.
Voice One - Where are they taking her?
Voice Three - Lilith, where are they taking you?
But Lilith hasn’t said anything. She was quiet until she let out an ominous laugh. She once again looked at her reflection. There was she, and beside her was a man looking back at her while two burly men were taking her towards the black smoke.
Voice Three - Lilith! Don’t leave us! Lilith!
- Thank you... – Lilith said quietly, still gazing towards the glass. This time, there wasn’t her reflection anymore, just a reflection of a man she thanked. The voices were gone too, they disappeared the moment she disappeared.
Lilith had to do it. She needed to set herself free. Even though the poor girl didn’t know what she has done, everything was too much that she couldn’t bear the life she had anymore. The only way out was this...
- What happened here? – A woman asked when she came closer to the crime scene.
- Young woman killed a man and then she killed herself by stabbing a knife into her chest. People who witnessed her suicide say that she was „crazy“ and that she was constantly speaking with someone even though there was no one around here speaking with her. As our witnesses say, she looked at the glass near her and thanked someone before she stabbed a knife into her chest. They say that she seemed like she was possessed like she didn’t know what she was doing. She really must have been mad.
Lilith killed herself so she could finally be free. The poor girl was so oblivious that she didn’t know that by stabbing herself she would kill herself. She only wanted to live a normal life, without eerie voices and illusions. She found that escape in a suggestion made by an evil man, a voice, and a reflection. Lilith is now gone, impaired, and feeble soul was sent to the other side by two men who took her to the black smoke. She’ll never come back. Lilith was forever gone; her name could be heard just as whispers screaming through the air in dark.