14 comments

Funny Suspense Fantasy

”Woah, where in the world am I?”I whispered in my child like astonishment.

A tall figure, quite slender but not too skinny, I would say about half sliver and half white hair wearing fancy, not really elegant but not casual as well clothing. This ”man” walked up to me. His hands in his pockets, his wispy hair glowing in the immense darkness. His aqua blue eyes with a touch of caramelised brown. Didn’t come up to me at a fast pace, surely taking his time, unlike the encounters I’ve had with several other men. Middle school was, quite... awful. Shoved up in my Barbie themed locker (Not too surprised), bad mouthed for my fashion sense (also not too surprising) by the most popular boy in my school. High school was just meh.

“Greetings, Miss Annalise. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” He said softly. Quite the polite gentleman, huh?

He was moving closer to offer a warm hug, which was really creepy in my book. I mean, if it were for other girls, who would miss out on the chance to have skin on skin contact with the most handsome guy in the entire planet? I guess you get my point now.

”Hold up- Why are you giving me a hug? I ain’t your homie, boi.” I spoke with swag. Usually how I talk. Nothing too fancy.

”Oh. My sincere apologies for offending you.” He spoke with a puppy face. Ew.

”Would a firm handshake be more appropriate, Miss?”

”Yeah, yeah. Whateves.” I said with no whatsoever concern.

He brought up his hand to my torso, I’d say? I quickly brought up mine and we shaked hands.

”My gosh, what kind of hand moisturiser do you use? How on Earth is your skin so soft?!” I exclaimed. “Mine’s like a crusty old pizza....” I mumbled.

”Oh, it’s nothing, Miss.” He said with blushing and flattered face.

“Okay, cut it out already.” I said. “Geez, this guy be acting like a girl.” I said with an annoying sound.

”And, please refrain from calling me ”Miss Annalise”. I hate when people address me with my middle name, it’s so formal and cringey. Just call me, Ann. Nope, call me by my nickname.“

”Oh, I see, Ann. Apologies.” He said.

”No, dammit! I said, my nickname. And, that’s Freaky for your information.” I said with an aggravated face. I stomped my feet and pull backed my hair failing to realise that I had no black scrunchy with me. My favourite.

”Now I’m really annoyed.” I said.

“Here you go.” He said.

”Thanks.” I pulled back my hair into a high ponytail with the black hair tie. “Wait a min. Where’d you get this black hair tie from?” I questioned him.

”Just take it.” He said with a polite smile.

”Anyways, care to explain where we are? We’ve been standing in the middle of nowhere for ages. I’ve got places to go and stuff to attend, you get me?” I said sounding all rough and tumble.

”No problem, “Freaky”. I’ll explain to you on the way to our destination.” He said.

”So, as you can see, you must be wondering why I’m here. Isn’t it so?” He asked.

”Yup, you’re right. Why are you here?” I asked.

”I’m here to escort you to someplace you don’t know. Its quite fascinating, if you ask me, Freaky.” He said.

”Hm. Someplace? Fascinating?” I said.

”Pffpbhttt! Hahahaha!” I laughed out loud.

He gaped at me in wonder and confusion.

”Are you kidding me? Am I involved in some sick game here?“ I said, “Why are you playing with me? I don’t have time to take part in this nuisance.” I said with my arms resting on each other.

”Miss, I mean, Freaky-“ He said coming closer.

”I just don’t understand. Why am I here?” I asked.

”This place is so dark, misty and just overall, a horrible seeming place.” I became unhappy and scrunched my fingers in my frizzy hair.

”Hey.” He said removing my hands that clothed my face.

”Don’t worry. I’m here. I’m sure you’ll like where we’re going.” He said.

He wiped my tears, and I had huge under eye circles from sobbing so much. He blew my snot with an expensive handkerchief. He offered me his hand to get up, and I accepted.

”Man, this dude has been nothing but kind to me, but I’ve been so crappy to him all this time. I deserve to be in H-“ I thought in my head.

”Good guess.” He smiled as he walked with me.

”What the heck? What guess is he talking about? Let me just shut my mouth for these few seconds.” I muttered in my mind.

”Oh shoot, he’s holding my hand.” I said while blushing to the extreme. My face felt really hot.

”Are you okay? You seem really flustered, Miss.” He said while giggling.

”Ugh.” I smiled subtly.

”Ah, alas. Here we are.” He said.

”Um, I don’t see anything” I looked around.

”C’mon, it’s right in front of us. Let me show you, come with me.

We came up close to the peak of a hill.

“Over there.” He said.

”Where?” I asked.

”Over here.” He opened a huge portal, almost reminded me of a black hole, gushing all the wind surrounding it.

He pushed me into it, and before I completely went in, I said, “What the heck is going on!! Why are you pushing me in here, you freak!” I screamed with all my power.

”Oh Miss Annalise. You’ve been a bad girl.” He said while waving his hand goodbye slowly. “Excuse me now, I’ve got “stuff” to do.” He said and disappeared in an instant.

”No, NO!” Those were my last words. The portal had already sucked me in.


******************************

”Ah! What the cheeses! That dream was scary. My goodness.” I rubbed my eyes with my hands and got up. For the first time in my life, I was petrified to the extreme.

I grabbed my coat and headed out the door.

*****************************

“My favourite coffee shop. Finally some peace.” The bell dinged s I entered the delectable shop. “The aroma is- amazing as always, Alexie! Good morning by the way!” I greeted my best friend.

”Oh, welcome, Ann! Are you okay, you seem a bit terrified.” She asked in concern.

”Yeah, I’m okay. Let me explain-“

I spotted some dudes the same age as me walk in.

”No-no. It —can’t be. No!” I whispered in dissatisfaction.

”H-he’s the exact s-same g-uy I saw in my dream, Alexie!” I mumbled.

”Oh, really? That’s cool!” She exclaimed.

”No, not cool. It was a horrible, horrible dream!” I said.

Mr No Name walked up to me and said, “Hi! I can’t seem to but notice how cute you are! Can I have your number, please?” He said with a huge grin on his face. “I hope I’m not too forward. If you’d like, can we share a cup of coff-“ He said.

”B-bye, Alexie! Sorry-“ I dashed out the door leaving my purse behind.

“Ann, you didn’t even order yet! Your purse-“ Alexie sighed. “Sorry for my friends behaviour, she must’ve have been nervous!” Alexie threw in a nervous smile.

”That’s cool! Wait, is that her purse? Let me go give it to her!” He said with a little hope.

“Hey, Miss! Wait up!” He ran behind me.

”Oh crap!” I murmured while looking back.


July 19, 2021 07:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

14 comments

15:59 Jul 25, 2021

Hi! Sorry it took me so long to get to your page!! I just wanted to comment to say that I really enjoyed this story. The plot of the story was probably the best part! Stories that blue the lines between fantasy and reality are always fascinating, just like your story. If I could possibly offer some feedback, I might say that the story could be a tiny bit longer. A couple of the parts were a little confusing and rushed. Don’t worry, though, it was still very enjoyable! Nice story! Keep writing :)

Reply

Pahani Wijeratne
19:16 Jul 25, 2021

Hey! :) No worries, you can take your time and check out my page anytime. Thank you so so much for the awesome feedback, I’m truly grateful to have such optimistic feedback from a fellow writer 😁. I’m really glad you liked my story because I’m not usually used to writing fantasy themed stories :) I’m very happy to know that you enjoy reading my stories as much as I enjoy writing them! It truly means the world to me, so thank you once again, I really really appreciate it. If I may ask, could you please point out the the parts of the story t...

Reply

17:51 Jul 29, 2021

I guess I was a little confused about what happened when she entered the portal... Where did she go, exactly? Other than that, I understood the rest of it! Nice story, I'll make sure to check out your most recent one :)

Reply

Pahani Wijeratne
08:23 Jul 30, 2021

Hii! How are you doing?😊. Ohh, that part. So, you see do you remember the part when the “Mr No Name” said “Good guess.”? He said that because he read Ann’s mind. (Guess he had some sorts of psychic powers?). Apparently, she was thinking that since he was so nice to her, but she was so arrogant and mean, she deserved to be in Hell during her afterlife. That’s why I guess I wrote “Mr No Name *Devil*” in the title because he might have actually been the Devil, or the king of the underworld. And, to answer your question, she might have gone ...

Reply

13:55 Jul 30, 2021

Hello! Ohhh, that makes a lot of sense! I thought that she’d been teleported back in time or something. I like that idea a lot better! The writing is clearer now that I know what it means. Thanks for responding!! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Pahani Wijeratne
07:07 Jul 31, 2021

Hi again! Yep, I’m really glad it’s clear for you now :). Ann teleporting back in time is a pretty creative guess too! Thank you for kind compliments about my story, really appreciate all the support, Silver! Of course, anytime :). Stay blessed!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Johana Htwe
10:45 Jul 23, 2021

Pahani Wijeratne, you just nailed it in describing "a dream". It is difficult for me to describe a dream because dreams are strange and they have no particular location but you nailed it. Funny too. I love it. Great job.

Reply

Pahani Wijeratne
13:49 Jul 23, 2021

Aw, gee, thanks so much for the thoughtful comment, Johana!! Really really appreciate your feedback 😁 It’s so nice to have someone else’s point of view on my story. I’m super glad that you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! Your words of encouragement motivate me 😊. Have a wonderful day, and goodbyee!

Reply

Johana Htwe
14:04 Jul 23, 2021

You're so quick to say goodbye😂. Just kidding😜. I really enjoy it. Your character was like one min she was there, and next min she was in other place. That's how dreams are like and you know how to describe it. In fact, Thank you for I learned something from you😍😍

Reply

Pahani Wijeratne
17:26 Jul 23, 2021

Hahaha, lol 😂😂.Good one though 😌😜, nailed it! Thank you for such nice compliments about my story, can’t thank you enough. I’m actually surprised, because I don’t usually write stories about dreams; It’s actually my first attempt! But, I’m glad it turned out okay. You’re so sweet, I’m really happy you learned something new from my writing, it really makes me happy, gosh. It’s awesome to chat with you 😁. Don’t worry, I won’t be too quick to say goodbye 😂😂 (Jk 😆).

Reply

Johana Htwe
02:25 Jul 24, 2021

😙😍

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Alex Sultan
20:33 Jul 21, 2021

Hey, I think this story was alright! I'd recommend reading it over out loud sentence by sentence, it could help spot some spelling and grammar mistakes in the writing.

Reply

Pahani Wijeratne
07:46 Jul 22, 2021

Hi! Thanks so much for the critique, I appreciate it! Yep, I’ve still got some editing to do, so thanks for pointing that out :)) I hope you have a great day, and will definitely check out some of your stories as well, and God bless 🌸✨

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Pahani Wijeratne
07:30 Jul 19, 2021

Enjoy!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.