69 comments

Adventure Drama Science Fiction

Authors' notes: This is a collab with author Abigal Cross :)

Go check out her version :) thanks


The government had changed overnight.


One moment everyone was different and happy in their own way.


The next....well that's where I come in.


President Matthews took over after the last president. He was scared of others' opinions of what he thought, so he killed everyone who was of color. They were the main people who disapproved of his ways. He placed all of the white people into boxes, separated by Homophobic and LGBTQIA+ friendly. Then separated by gender: Male, Female, Non-binary.


He then picked six people and placed them in two different boxes, He killed the rest of the population and left those six people to reproduce in whatever way they wanted.

------------

My name is Dallas, I was raised in a rather happy home by two women. They both were Irish, the whitest white you can get. Red hair, green eyes, freckled cheeks. I was made on a petri dish, made up of my mum's egg and a random doners sperm. I got most of my mum's looks, red hair, freckled cheeks, pale skin. The only difference between the two of us is my deep brown eyes.


When I was five years old I had asked my mum why we do the same things over and over again. She looked rather shocked, but the main thing I had noticed was that she looked scared. This revelation made me rather scared too, so I shook my head and said nevermind. The question stuck with me however, I couldn't shake the wonder the roamed my head every time I saw someone do the same thing and be so happy.


I knew I wanted something more, something different; This world is so funky, so screwed up that I'm worried that if I even try I'll get killed.

------------

I've been to the history museum over and over again. All I get is the same answers, it frustrates me so much, to a point where I've yelled at my friends, snapped at my mothers, been rude to random strangers. My mother thinks I've gone mad, I honestly think I have too.


I stare at myself in the reflection of the screen, flashing the same lights over and over. It reads "President Matthews, savior of the broken world." The only thought that keeps crossing my mind is, Was the world really broken? My watch starts buzzing. I look down at it to see a wanted poster of a beautiful woman who has pale skin with bright green eyes and dark brown hair. It flashes two more times before dissolving.


I look up again and this time instead of seeing a light blue screen, I see a pixelated black screen. It twitches to the left and to right glowing slightly. The black as a green twist to it and my mind starts to race. I look around to see if anyone is looking my way. Thoughts are connecting in my brain for the first time in my life. All of them point in one direction. Telling me to go through telling me to be free. I place my hand onto the screen and after a couple of seconds, my hand slips through. I take a deep breath, then remember something I had heard. These watches have detailed systems of tracking in them. I look at my left wrist and start to pull, it pops off and I slam it against the solid wall. It shatters and hits the floor, my breathing increases as panic and relaxation take over my brain.


I shake my head before steeling myself, I jump through at last and fall straight downwards. I land on my stomach about 4 feet down from where I was standing not even seconds before. I look around at the baren brown abbyse, the dirt smell fills my lungs for the first time. I can almost taste the dirt, I place my hands on either side of my body and lift myself up. The dirt churns under my palm, my index and thumb fingers pinch it rubbing together slightly. It feels rough and dry but also so soft and sweet. A feeling of happiness feels me, I dust the brown substance off my hands and onto my jeans.


I turn around to where I was living before, I see a big grey-tinted wall. It's so wide I can't see the end. I gape up at it for a few moments, the large building has my whole family in it, my friends as well. I place my hand against the wall to feel a slight pulse. I pull away quickly and face to my right. I see a small figure coming my way, her hair is flailing at her back and her eyes light up when she sees me. I see a man in all black coming up behind her and I panic. I start to wave frantically at her trying to get her to move. The man is holding a semi-automatic rifle in his left hand, and I start to run towards her.


I rush forward as she keeps rushing my way. As I reach her I place my hand on her shoulders and push her out of the way. The bullets release sounds out in the dark oasis that is the broken world. It connects with me, in my stomach. I fall limply to the ground breathing raggedly. She watches in horror as the man in black steadies his gun on her. Then I see rather blurrily a woman or at least that what the figure looks like. The woman lifted up off the ground, her skin fitting in with the ground. She has a stone the size of my head in her hand like it's weightless. The rock leaves her hand and connects with the man's skull with a loud thunk. He falls to the ground and the next thing I know everything is black. I hear a familiar accented sound but that's all.



March 11, 2021 18:07

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

69 comments

20:31 Mar 11, 2021

lol yeah, felt that :) thanks for reading all of my other stories :)

Reply

โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ

Reply

13:00 Mar 16, 2021

Aww thanks :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

GAHHH I HATE that president already. I love the ending, but this does feel a little unfinished?

Reply

20:32 Mar 11, 2021

Same lmao

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
18:47 Mar 11, 2021

Lol, thank you :) You're fine, you don't have to change anything... I'm just super detail-oriented.

Reply

18:51 Mar 11, 2021

LMAO felt that.. I'm a Gemini so I'm super indecisive so idk how this took me like 20/30 mins to write... I kept changing things and rewriting everything. so I totally understand...

Reply

lolll same I'm constantly rewriting and changing things like, make up your mind brain lol. Now brb while I go be indecisive over Nutella banana sandwich or peanut butter and apples XD

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

EVERYONE! It doesn't matter if you are LGBTQ+, homophobic, pro or against gay rights, we are all human! We shouldn't be based off of our beliefs! Before, we could say what we did or didn't believe in in a peaceful way! Now, you can't say anything about your opinion without getting attacked! If you feel the same way, copy and paste this into your bio! #AcceptWithoutAgreeing!

Reply

Show 0 replies
18:09 Mar 17, 2021

This is not how the world is supposed to work *MATTHEWS BROKE THE WORLD,NOT FIXED IT* I love this! Scary though

Reply

19:43 Mar 17, 2021

he is fr kinda scary lol

Reply

20:18 Mar 17, 2021

Yeah

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Anne Durrell
15:45 Mar 14, 2021

Hey CJ, You are such a talented writer. May I read aloud your story on my youtube or facebook? Of course I will give you credits for the story in the video. I can also leave the link to your website/social in 'about the author' in description if you want. I read aloud stories just for hobby. Please let me know. (anne.durrell@starseedfx.com)

Reply

15:51 Mar 15, 2021

Um....That would be amazing :) Thank you so much....asdnbkh *me trying not to make a scene lol*

Reply

Anne Durrell
17:07 Mar 15, 2021

YAY!!! Thank you SO MUCH!! You are awesome!!

Reply

20:38 Mar 15, 2021

Ofc! Glad I caught your eye.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Luna Wood
22:59 Mar 12, 2021

This story is so good! You guys did such a great job. ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ

Reply

Show 0 replies

โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME A...

Reply

20:32 Mar 12, 2021

:) kk

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
19:50 Mar 12, 2021

The awakened part 1(prologue)? maybe and yours is fine but okay...

Reply

19:52 Mar 12, 2021

Okay :) Same like I said take your time :)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

ACEEE sorry I keep commenting here lol, just wanted to let you know I added more to the story and you can start editing your part now if you want :) idk what else I would like to happen to be honest, not very good at this XD I need to be done with it in no more than an hour cuz then I gtg. Sorry I started late on this, I was dealing with my series a lot and organizing the characters and everything, and it's not very good so :(

Reply

Show 1 reply

Hey Ace just wanted to let you know that we can't have mystical creatures or extinct creatures in my series :( you can still choose another animal though (I recommend not any more wolves and wild cats because we have enough of those, but if you want to choose lion or tiger or something that's fine) :)

Reply

15:11 Mar 12, 2021

Oh...Boo but yeah okay... how about a tiger then... With the same features maybe?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
15:24 Mar 12, 2021

thx...I'm totally not trying to be petty or anything... But nobody was supposed to read this... thanks for the follow and like tho :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.