3 comments

Thriller Fantasy Teens & Young Adult

“It doesn’t count if you’re already planning defeat.” Genma, the king of Mount Brisk heard this from his best friend, Booker. Genma knew this was true, but couldn’t shake the fear of failure weighing deep in his heart. “He’s gained so much power already, and if I die then who else will lead?” Genma said with his head hanging. Booker comforted the back of his neck and told the king what he needed to hear, “You can’t let that fear stop you from entering the battle, my lord! Andras must be stopped, and no matter you can’t give up!” Genma smacked himself twice, and prepared for battle at the mountain top. “That’s right! I will fight!”

When they reached the top, Andras was already waiting there channeling aura. Andras had the appearance of a man, except with an owl head, and he wore nothing but underwear. The aura’s dark purple aura glistened in the misty tops! They were fighting on a bare cliff around 500ft tall, needless to say if one fell they were certainly not surviving! Two crowds watched on levitating stands made of stone. Booker offered to take the king’s cloak, but he refused to take it off. “I want them all to know that I’m king in and out of battle.” Booker nodded and teleported to his kingdom’s stands. Andras and Genma met in the center of the arena and stared each other down. “I’ve given you this opportunity not out of good faith, but so that you’re foolish people see you fall in front of them.” Andras said in an ominous tone. When he spoke it sounded as if there were two people; one human, one demonic. “I will not let my people die for your senseless quest for bloodshed and dominance. If it’s a battle with you that will protect them, I’ll take you down regardless of how strong you’ve become, Andras.” “I dreamed for many years of destroying you, I will savor every moment.” Genma was a bit disturbed by this information he thought back to when they fought together for the same kingdom. Now he stands before him as a demonic entity wishing to end his life. “Very well.” Genma said. He struck a pose. “Let’s begin, old friend.” Andras followed with his own pose. “Your demise is imminent.”

They came at each other at high velocity! Genma threw as many punches as he could towards Andras’ large eyes, but he was more noble than anticipated. Andras weaved; left, right, down and back then through a hard right of his own. Genma somersaulted, landed and backflipped until he was a good distance away. Atlas was already dashing towards him. Genma raised his arms in defense and prepared for the worst. He was right to. Andras came kick punch onslaught! Each blow hit like a heavy weight medicine ball. There was no doubt in Genma’s mind that his friend wasn’t that strong before he turned in the monster that was attacking him. Genma had to drop his guard before his forearms turned to jelly! A gut punch knocked him towards the edge of the cliff causing the crowds to panic and cheer simultaneously. Genma regained his balance. “Oh boy! I’m a little too on edge!” He joked in his head. The serious threat came at full speed towards him, exactly as he had anticipated. Genma hurdled over Andras, taking him by surprise. Andras who had countless sparring matches with Genma never knew he could jump like that. Genma landed and delivered a kick to Andras’ side. He made sure to keep him on edge as he delivered his volley of punches! Andras stopped right on the edge of the cliff! One more blow to end things quickly! Genma delivered a straight full power right! “Sorry, but this is goodbye!” He thought!

Andras of course had no intention of being killed by a cliff. His aura ignited and he caught the punch with ease. Genma was shocked. He had put all his power into that last punch and he didn’t even move an inch. The crowd was on the edge of their seats. “I hope you had fun fighting me at my mere mortal state. I suppose now is a good time to use my full power.” Andras chuckled coldly. Andras’ demonic aura flared wildly! The stands and arena shook from the gravity of it all! Genma couldn’t pry his right hand free, Andras’ grip was too strong! “Andras, stop this! Unhand me!” Genma yelled out! Andras simply stared at Genma as a snake protruded from his arm! It bit hard into Genma’s right arm! He yelled out in pain, “GYAAAAAAAAH-AH-HUH AAAAAAHH!” The venom caused a searing pain that reverberated throughout his body and especially the right arm, Genma’s most powerful weapon! Andras let go of his hand and his right fell as if drained of all life in an instant! Genma couldn’t believe the pain. He’d been stabbed and impaled before, but this pain was slow and pulsing through his veins! Andras lifted up his right leg and delivered a vicious kick that sent Genma flying! He traveled nearly across the entire stage before crash landing. He laid motionless, but still attempting to scream from the pain! The crowd mimicked as if they felt his pain. Tears welled up in the kids’ eyes!  Booker tended to the crowd, comforting their cries. “My people don’t weep! We must stay strong, he is not finished yet! I swear!” He yelled out into the arena! “GENMAAAA! YOU ARE STRONG! YOU CAN’T FALL! NOT LIKE THIS, BROTHER!” The men and tougher women in the crowd followed his trend. Sending words of encouragement down into the arena! “Fools.” Andras thought aloud while walking to Genma’s body. Like someone who was possessed, Genma rose to his feet. He had no choice, but to fight with the pain! He roared and charged at Andras using his pain as fuel for his newfound rage! “ANDRAAAS!” 

He swung wildly. With his right arm still in pain and now swollen and tense from the venom he just continued to fight! He could think of no other option! Although he fought valiantly, Andras decided it was time to end his prey and humiliate him while doing so. With his aura, he summoned 5 dark blades and gutted him alive! The end. (Sorry I was in a rush. :c)

November 07, 2020 03:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Angelina Tran
20:56 Nov 11, 2020

Personally, I had a difficult time reading because of some grammatical errors and so many unnecessary exclamation marks. It created an upbeat, excited atmosphere when it wasn’t the right time, giving a slightly amusing read. This was definitely the number one thing I didn’t like, and it bothered me throughout the read. You also used “and” multiple times in a sentence when it wasn’t dialogue so you might want to fix that. This seemed slightly rushed but I saw your note, haha. I also wouldn’t recommend making your dialogue like this: “GENMAAAA...

Reply

Onye Okoro
03:35 Nov 12, 2020

Lol sorry to disappoint you, but I wrote this story in an hour 40 min. Funny thing is I forgot I wrote this! Thanks for the feedback you're very loved and appreciated for it :) Sincerely, Onye Okoro

Reply

Angelina Tran
04:36 Nov 12, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.