45 comments

Friendship Christmas Holiday

I stand backstage, the short skirt and top I’m wearing not helping with the heat.


I’m pressed up against Layla and Shailene, their sweaty bodies making me more uncomfortable and suffocated with every second.


Our star is late.


And eight thousand people aren’t very happy about it.


“LOGAN! LOGAN! LOGAN! LOGAN!”


Freaking Logan.


Can’t he come on time for once?


People from all over the world travelled here just to see him, and he has to be all dramatic and make them wait.


Typical Logan.


“Now, please welcome to the stage, the one and only, Logan Young!”


The cheering and clapping intensifies with this announcement, and Logan appears from below the stage, a platform lifting him up.


So extra.


I almost forget my cue, as Shailene pushes me forward when the music starts.


Me and three other girls walk on stage from the left while the rest of them enter from the right, and as Logan starts singing, we start dancing the same routine we’ve practised for six months and have performed on stage for almost a month now.


I nod at Courtney on the other side of the stage and she nods back.


We cartwheel in unison and reach the opposite side of the stage.


We’re almost nearing the end of the song, and I place my arm on his shoulder as he wraps his around my hip for our final pose.


“So, how was I?” he asks, squeezing me lightly.


“You were late.”


He shoves me.


“You know what I’m talking about.”


“Yeah sure, you were alright.”


“I appreciate the high compliment, your majesty.”


“Shut up, idiot. I’m not inflating your ego anymore than your audience already has.”


He chuckles.


“See you in a sec.”


I pat him on the back, and we run backstage before the next song starts.


******


The show is as expected, no last-minute changes to the setlist or positions like some other shows which I’m still salty about.


The adrenaline rush hits only after the show is over, and the chattering of my friends, the rest of the backup dancers, is familiar and comforting.


“The cartwheel was perfect this time! You guys nailed it!”


Me and Courtney hi-five each other, proud of finally reaching perfection, in at least one aspect.


The rest of our lives need a bit more work.


“So guys,” begins Layla.


“No!”


“Come on Layla!”


“We’ve gone over this before!”


Similar protests emerge from the rest of the girls as we enter the tour bus.


She looks confused.


We glare at her, taking our seats.


“Logan is one of my best friends, okay? So if you want to gush over him or go over how hot he is, do it when I’m not here,” I say.


“Oh. I wasn’t going to talk to you guys about Logan, at least not at this moment,” she says, winking.


We roll our eyes in unison, some resorting to groaning.


She laughs, and says, “I wanted to ask what you guys are doing for Christmas this year.”


“We all know what Shailene is doing,” says Kiara, a sly smirk on her face.


“Mwah mwah sesh with her boo!”


I facepalm myself, while Shailene goes beetroot red.


“We’re in this city till the twenty-seventh, and my cousin is hosting a Christmas bash at his place on the twenty-fourth midnight onwards, so I was thinking we could go there. What do you guys think?” says Layla, her eyes shining.


“Yeah sure.”


“Is he rich?”


“There better be booze.”


As the others talk amongst each other in excitement, I shake my head.


“I have to pass.”


The others groan.


“Why do you always have to be such a party pooper?”


“Are you allergic to fun?”


Layla looks at me, confused.


“Why won’t you come?”


“I’m just tired, alright? We’ve been on tour for the past month and I just want to chill this Christmas.”


“And going to a party is real hard work, isn’t it Vick?”


“I’m sure it is for her.”


“Ladies,” says Logan, having entered our bus without us realizing.


He runs his hand through his hair, knowing how much the other girls love that.


You would think that being his backup dancers for almost a year would make the girls a bit more comfortable around him.


“Logan!” gasps Layla, looking like she might just throw up.


“I’m afraid I have to steal Victoria for a bit.”


“Could you ask him to steal me next time?” asks Layla, sounding breathless.


I elbow her and smile at Logan.


“Sure, anything to get a break from them.”


“Hey!”


“You don’t mean that!”


“You love us!”


Shaking my head amusedly, I get down the bus, Logan on my heels.


“What’s up?”


“A friend of mine is hosting…”


“A Christmas bash on the twenty-fourth and you’re inviting me?”


“How did you know?”


“Everyone from Layla’s cousin to your friend is throwing a Christmas bash and wanting me to be there. Can’t you all just leave me alone?”


“Woah. What’s wrong?”


“I just – just want to relax this Christmas, is that illegal?”


“No, not at all. But are you sure it’s only because you’re tired? Or is it because you’re missing your family?”


I don’t know how he does it.


I thought that he would believe me.


But he’s more intuitive than I realized.


“Maybe I’m missing them a little bit,” I admit.


He gives me a sad smile.


That’s when I realize that he hasn’t seen or spent any time with his family in almost two years.


“And you? How are you holding up?”


“I’ll be okay.”


“How about we go somewhere? Just the two of us?” I suggest.


“Sure. Bailing on Chase won’t be fun, but it is inevitable, seeing that you need some Logan time,” he says, putting his tongue out.


“Oh shut up,” I say, attempting to glare at him, but instead end up laughing.


“See you at rehearsal,” he says, walking away.


“See you.”


******


“Are you sure you don’t want to come, Vicky? It will be fun, I promise,” says Layla, clinging on to my arm tightly.


“Nah, I’m sure. You go and have fun honey, don’t worry about me.”


She gives me a hug as she gets down from the tour bus.


I check my watch.


He’s late.


I see him walk towards the bus from the window, and I get down.


He’s dressed heavily, not just because of the cold, but also to avoid the screaming mob of girls that are a part and parcel of a famous male singer’s life.


“Oh wow, incredible disguise Logan. I almost didn’t recognize you for a second.”


“Shut up. Be thankful for the lengths I go to for your sake.”


“I am,” I say. Surprising myself, I slide my hand into his.


He squeezes my hand and flashes me a grin.


We walk on the pavement, snow lightly falling on us, Christmas trees and lights bathing us in colour.


We reach the movie theatre and stand in line to buy our tickets.


“You get the tickets, I’ll get popcorn,” he says, getting out of the line.


As I buy the tickets, I notice a few girls not so discreetly point at Logan and take pictures.


Suddenly, a high-pitched scream rings in my ears.


“That’s Logan Young!”


He looks at me in pure terror.


An increasing mob of girls surround him.


Alright then, if he can’t take care of himself, I might just have to save him.


I wrap my scarf to cover the lower part of my face so that no one recognises me.


“Excuse me, girls,” I yell, squeezing myself through the large crowd.


I pull Logan out, mumbling incoherent words in an attempt to convince the girls.


As soon as we get out of the theatre, I grab his hand tightly, and we run to the tour buses like our lives depend on it.


When we reach, I hold on to the side of the bus in an attempt to catch my breath.


“I’m – I’m sorry Vick,” says Logan, panting.


“I know you wanted a nice and peaceful Christmas, and I managed to get you the exact opposite of that.”


“It’s okay.”


“Besides, it was so fun to see those girls trying to get a piece of you,” I say, laughing between my heavy breaths.


He lightly chuckles, then suddenly grows thoughtful.


“What do we do now?”


“I have an idea,” I say, smiling.


******


“I don’t know why I didn’t think of this,” says Logan, holding up his mug of hot chocolate.


We’re back in the tour bus for backup dancers, and on patiently insisting, I managed to get Logan in his pyjamas, to make it feel more like home.


“That’s because you don’t have anything in that head of yours,” I say, giggling.


“A very pretty head, mind you,” he says, and I roll my eyes at him.


We sit and sip some hot chocolate I whipped up from the chocolate packets and milk I found.


“Any minute now.”


The tour bus gives an incredible view of the city, framed by colourful lights and cloaked by a star-studded sky.


The hour hand on my watch touches twelve.


A second later, the fireworks begin. The green, red and white colours in the sky are met with cheers from everyone watching.


“Merry Christmas Victoria,” Logan says, holding up his mug.


“Merry Christmas Logan,” I reply with a wide grin, clinking my mug with his.


“I know that this isn’t exactly what you had imagined for Christmas,” he begins.


“No. It wasn’t.”


“It’s better.”


******

December 21, 2020 12:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

45 comments

Honestly, this story is really interesting. I loved the touch of friendship you added in this story, awesome job!

Reply

Writer Maniac
15:22 Dec 25, 2020

Thank you so much! I've always been interested in the lives of celebrities, the life we don't get to see, so I had a lot of fun with it!

Reply

Yeah, you gave us a "day in the life" of celebrities, almost, but you did an awesome job!

Reply

Writer Maniac
15:27 Dec 25, 2020

Thank you, I tried :D

Reply

You did an amazing job!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kay (:
01:03 Jan 12, 2021

This is a good story! Although the one point at the beginning where it says, 'definitely didn't help with the heat' when it's Christmas time? Maybe you might want to make it clear where they are so that part makes sense then it says because of the cold? But other then that the story is really good! Made me laugh at several parts! I did my story on the same prompt and did something similar to this! I'd appreciate if you read it and a let me know what you think!

Reply

Writer Maniac
02:24 Jan 12, 2021

That's true, thank you for pointing that out! I guess I pictured the concert happening in kind of an indoor arena, where there were no ACs or anything, which is why I said that. I probably should have mentioned it :) Thank you for your comment, I'll check out your story when I get the time!

Reply

Kay (:
03:31 Jan 12, 2021

Thanks! That makes sense, yeah you picture something then expect the reader to know that I've done it before myself!

Reply

Writer Maniac
03:35 Jan 12, 2021

Thanks for understanding :)

Reply

Kay (:
04:01 Jan 12, 2021

Np!:)

Reply

Writer Maniac
04:05 Jan 12, 2021

I would love to get some feedback on two of my stories called 'Game Over' and 'Not Worth It' which I'm really proud of :)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amel Parvez
15:17 Dec 21, 2020

Hey I like this story and especially the characters Logan and Victoria. Once again the story was amazing. 💜

Reply

Writer Maniac
15:28 Dec 21, 2020

Thank you, really appreciate the compliment!

Reply

Amel Parvez
17:21 Dec 21, 2020

Nah! Anytime💜

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
14:20 Dec 21, 2020

Hello Writer Maniac! Thank you so much for following me! I decided to take a peek at your latest work and here's what I thought: "Me and three other girls." I'm not sure if you were going for a more colloquial tone, but it should be "Three other girls and I....," or "Along with three other girls, I...." If you wanted the character Victoria to sound casual, then I totally understand. I just thought that it might come across to your readers as an error rather than a style choice. Dialogue tags. I love a good flow of dialogue that doesn't n...

Reply

Writer Maniac
14:23 Dec 21, 2020

Thank you for your detailed comment, I'll be sure to read over it again and edit it a bit further, will definitely check out your stories when I get the time :)

Reply

Writer Maniac
14:24 Dec 21, 2020

Also, could you please fill the form in my bio, it would be of great help to me!

Reply

14:48 Dec 21, 2020

Sure thing, Writer Maniac!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jexica Marcell
18:29 Jan 15, 2021

Love the friendship and then ending. I ALWAYS love then ending no matter what. You make the MOST AMAZING endings. -Cass

Reply

Writer Maniac
01:52 Jan 16, 2021

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jeni Conrad
11:37 Dec 31, 2020

You nailed the prompt and added some depth to it. Good job!

Reply

Writer Maniac
11:54 Dec 31, 2020

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! I would love to hear your thoughts on two of my stories 'Game Over' and 'Not Worth It' which I'm really proud of :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Frances Reine
16:19 Dec 29, 2020

I love your characters so much!

Reply

Writer Maniac
16:48 Dec 29, 2020

Thank you so much, I appreciate the compliment! P.S. I would love to know your thoughts on a few of my other stories 'My One', 'Finally', 'A Good Day' and 'Unexpected Love', they're all some of the stories I'm the most proud of :)

Reply

Frances Reine
16:52 Dec 29, 2020

Oh I'd love to read them! I bet they're all amazing!!

Reply

Writer Maniac
17:01 Dec 29, 2020

Aww, I appreciate it! You can check my bio for my favourite stories, and read them in your free time! They're all good feels :)

Reply

Frances Reine
18:30 Dec 29, 2020

I'm gonna be busy :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kylie Rudolf
04:18 Dec 27, 2020

WOW, I loved this "day in the life" and of someone of importance no less. I love Vicky, great job!

Reply

Writer Maniac
04:30 Dec 27, 2020

Thank you so much, I appreciate it! P.S. I posted two stories for the recent prompts, 'Game Over' and 'Not Worth It'. I would love to hear your thoughts on them :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Wirda Bibi
20:20 Dec 23, 2020

Hey Writer Maniac👋 I liked your story a lot and I liked the characters Logan and Victoria 💖 Keep up the good work and treat us more with your stories.😍

Reply

Writer Maniac
01:51 Dec 24, 2020

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

Reply

Wirda Bibi
09:37 Dec 24, 2020

No problem 😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
GRACE LARSON
19:11 Dec 23, 2020

Wonderful story!! I loved the characters, the heartwarming ending...really all of it! It's not a complicated story, but its simplicity is what makes it a pleasure to read, in my opinion. I could do with a relaxing story right now ahaha:) I just had one quick suggestion that I think could make this story even better: In this paragraph, "We’re back in the tour bus I and the rest of the girls are staying in, and on patiently insisting, I managed to get Logan in his pyjamas, to make it feel more like home," I think the wording just got a little ...

Reply

Writer Maniac
01:53 Dec 24, 2020

Thank you so much for reading it, I really appreciate it! When I wrote that paragraph, I was so confused so I just put it as it is, so your suggestion really makes more sense, so thank you! Also, could you please fill the form in my bio, it would be of great help to me!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mickey D
19:42 Dec 21, 2020

I love how this story was spot on in relating to the prompt. The characters were developed very well and there is nothing I would do to change the story. Keep up the good work!

Reply

Writer Maniac
02:11 Dec 22, 2020

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! Could you please fill the form in my bio, it would be of great help to me!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Coco Longstaff
07:35 Jan 03, 2021

Omg! What a cute, friendly, perfect couple👩‍❤️‍👨 I’m jealous. It’s amazing how much you can make your characters deep and developed. I smiled at the fact it has a really happy ending. Love it!

Reply

Writer Maniac
07:40 Jan 03, 2021

Thank you so much, I'm so glad you liked it! Thank you for the thoughtful comment!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Writer Maniac
07:41 Jan 03, 2021

Actually they're just friends :)

Reply

Coco Longstaff
07:44 Jan 03, 2021

.......Oh. Stupid me. But that’s ok. It’s still a great story! Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Yashpaul Kalra
17:53 Jan 01, 2021

Its quite nicely woven along with LAYLA AND THE PRINCIPAL VICTORIA HEHAS lET ME HAVE PREFERENCE FOR VICTORIA BUT LAYLA FORMS A TRIANGLE. ITS' NOT IN DIAN LIKE. Layla ca n afford to have a second sash with him.taking the whole matter into judging it is over all standing at the sixty percent successful story it seems light fictional go on without complex suumit points surfacing

Reply

Writer Maniac
02:15 Jan 02, 2021

What? This is NOT a love story, please understand that, first of all. This is a story about friendship and surviving in a world where everything is publicised, a world which not many people can understand unless they are in it. I really don't understand what you're trying to say, but Layla is not even related, she is just a fellow backup dancer of Victoria. You haven't read the story properly, and you're criticising things that are not even there. This was just a sweet feel-good story about friendship and understanding, please don't take it ...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Yashpaul Kalra
12:16 Jan 01, 2021

The story from the point of beginning to the point of terminating is interesting enough but only the dialogues move it forward. The central protagonist Logan is quite stylishly developed but he appears to be a flat character. TWO VISIONS ABOUT LOGAN ARE HERE.no 1 in public ii in private life with girls. Girls like to have bash with him. THERE IS NOT A FULL DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHARACTER WHO FACES CHALLENNGES BOLDLY. tHE STORY LACKS IN FULL DEVELOPMENT AND PERFECTION. SORRY i categorize it as belonging to B CLASS CATEGORY

Reply

Writer Maniac
12:27 Jan 01, 2021

I understand your point of view. However, I feel like you have not read the story properly word for word, which is why you are commenting this. Logan is a celebrity, which means that obviously he has a lot of fans, mainly girls, not unlike other celebrities of today. This is not an inspirational or motivational story, this is a story of friendship between two people who are in this world where they can't really be themselves in public. Logan could be stuckup or a playboy as you are saying, but he isn't. He really just is a guy trying to make...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.