16 comments

Funny Holiday Middle School

Today is April fools day.  All my friends know that I am the most annoying when it comes to this day.  I have so many tricks planned!  They are so in for it!

I have school today since it’s Monday.  I wonder if our teacher is going to prank us at all?  I don’t think that she would but that doesn’t mean she won't!  I live pretty close to school so today I’m going to walk with my best friend, Jenny.  She lives right by my house maybe one or two houses away.

  First I tricked her.  I dressed up in a fairy princess costume and said I would grant her 3 wishes.  At first she was like YAY!  Then she said “Amethyst I know that it's you.  Get out of that dumb costume and lets walk to school!” She is not fooled very easily.  I was surprised because she was trying to trick/prank ME by saying today was actually April 2nd!  Hahahaha like I could forget my favorite holiday!  

Today when I got to school everyone was acting normal.  Not on edge or ready to get pranked.  Maybe they’re all trying to trick me?  But why?  I am so confused right now.  It’s April 1st right? Not the 2nd or March 31st?  Maybe Jenny is right… she’s probably trying to trick me so that I won't prank anyone!  Not this year Jenny!  

Me and my class are pranking our advisory teacher.  We are going “old school” and using a fart prank.  You know, when she sits down it makes a fart noise and everyone will start laughing hysterical.  Everyone in the class was talking, whispering, even giggling right before class started.  Unusual for advisory.  I was the one who had to do/pull the prank so I walked up to our teachers chair and set the whoopie cushion under her usual cushion.  I ran back to my seat just as she entered.  

She sat down then yelled this: “Seriously?!  This trick again?  You just did it yesterday!  Who did it?”  Everyone was quiet.  Then George, my ENEMY points at me.  DUDE COME ON?!  And now I have detention!  Because that's what I wanted to do in April fools.  Great.  How am I going to explain to my parents that I got detention because of a whoopie cushion.  For the rest of advisory I sat with my head down EMBARRASSED.  I am going to walk right up to George and punch him in his ugly FACE.  That would be even more detention.  But it would totally be worth it.

It’s lunch and I’m sitting by Jenny.  She is not my only friend if that's what you're thinking.  Jenny is just my nicest friend.  The other girls bother me sometimes.  Other times it’s fun to walk around with them because they're quiet, yet popular.  I have a gluten free sandwich made out of bread, cheese, mayones, pickles, and mustard.  Trust me it sounds like a random food put together but it is GOOD!

At recess I felt like doing nothing.  Until I realized that I haven’t pranked any of these kids yet!  So now I have something to do!  YAY!! 

First I went up to someone I truly love, (as a friend of course!) and she has no idea.  She is sitting on the stairs and so I walked up to her and said Hey Josie(that's her name) and may have “accidentally” squirted water in her face.  I actually used a trick, where I asked her what noise a whale made.  I ended up making it for her.

Next we have to go talk to those popular yet quiet girls. I talked for a minute with them then I took Addi’s phone and ran away.  Do you think I took that one too far?  Nah!  Addi ran for ONCE in her life, like her phone was her life.  I put it in a tree and ran away, again.  

Next we should check in on… GEORGE!  Yeah, this is probably not going to end well.  Just as I was getting ready to punch that ugly jerk in the face, something happened.  He turned around, looked me straight in the eye and said “Amethyst, I have liked you for a very long time now.  I didn’t want to tell you yesterday because you weren’t in school and it was April Fools Day so you would probably think it was a joke.”  I stared at him.  The highlighted words that I heard were I have liked you, yesterday and April Fools Day.  I started laughing a fake laugh.  He stayed dead serious.  

“Your kidding right?” I sound stupid saying that and especially stupid because his eyes started to swell up and he looked kind of sad.  I didn’t know what to say so I said, “Could we please talk later?” and walked away.  That prank failed so hard.  I don’t know what to think.  Could today actually be the second?  Is he pranking me? I have to talk to him tomorrow and Jenny RIGHT NOW.  Only a few more classes before the end of the day.  In both, George is in them.  

First class after recess/lunch he passed me a note.  Of course.  It said ‘u ok’ and ‘so… yes or no’  I don’t know what to say.  I make a I DON’T KNOW in the middle and also wrote LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE FOR TODAY.  That's not rude is it?  I hope not.  I passed it back and as he read it I realized maybe I have had a bit of a crush on him all of these years.  Shoot.  I already passed the note back to him.  I need a distraction for him and everyone.  I purposely fell out of my chair.  He rushed over and helped me up.  When I was fully up, I gave him a very small kiss on the cheek.  I know it’s not valentine's day.  But I think he needed it.  The rest of class and the school day was very uneventful.

When I got home I hopped on my computer and looked at the time and date.  Guess Jenny was right!  It is April 2nd!  I guess my calendar was wrong all along!

April 03, 2021 03:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

16 comments

Joshua Deane
15:47 Mar 22, 2022

nice tory

Reply

Show 0 replies
Akshara P
00:54 Apr 13, 2021

I really liked this story, Thank you for writing it! Have a nice day! 🙂

Reply

Lauren :)
14:40 Apr 13, 2021

Thank you! You too!

Reply

Akshara P
20:00 Apr 13, 2021

Sure! This story really reminds me of my friend :) Its really funny! I submitted a new story! Its called "One lie to another"

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
11:31 Apr 11, 2021

My life summed up by a stranger

Reply

Lauren :)
04:08 Apr 12, 2021

Is this good or bad news... Also I was kind of thinking that this would be relatable for some people XD

Reply

16:38 Apr 12, 2021

Yeah, I feel like this all the time. Good news, I think!! Means I'm not alone.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ryan LmColli
19:42 Apr 08, 2021

First of all, a big thank you for such an excellent critique of my story. And coming from someone who's heading the leaderboard this is very humbling. I gave read a couple of your stories, and as I had mentioned I am a huge, huge fan of writing skills. Let me tell you, this is my first attempt at a longer story though I have penned four full length novels besides two books of poems. I wrote this on my phone, and hit the sent button without so much as a second look. Also, it's something to do with my phone button keys- I get confused and at t...

Reply

Show 0 replies
ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
15:53 Apr 08, 2021

Woah! This story kind of reminds me of what me and my sister do on April fools day! We prank each other all day. Do you prank anyone? -CJJJJJJJJJJJ

Reply

Lauren :)
21:16 Apr 08, 2021

Usually. I kind of forgot to this year. I did prank one of my boy-friends (A male friend) Here's what i said XD "Read all the way through otherwise it will sound weird: YOU ARE PRECIOUS TO ME I cannot live my life without you even for a minute... You are my life and I can feel you everywhere! Don't put much pressure on your little brain! I am talking about oxygen. 😂😂" that was a week agooo

Reply

ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
21:24 Apr 08, 2021

Lol. All the guys I hang out with don't really have a very sense of humour.

Reply

Lauren :)
14:38 Apr 09, 2021

SAMMEEEE

Reply

ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
14:41 Apr 09, 2021

Yeah. I submitted a new story! It's called Disappear.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sima Igiehon
21:09 Apr 07, 2021

Amazing 🥳🥳🥳 stayed interested the whole time and this George character sounds very funny 😂😂

Reply

Lauren :)
22:39 Apr 07, 2021

Glad you liked it :DD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Karley Kosters
16:18 Apr 01, 2022

This story sucks ass

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.