28 comments

Fantasy

Notification for reader: this is flash fiction, and contains only 355 words, thank you for reading.


Into the mist... 


I clung to Milf, my tiny dog, who was panting heavily, while I rushed through the rain. To the woods which was outside the enchantment limitation. 


The cold rain dripped from my damp hair, making it hard to see.


I ran into the mist, and didn’t notice it for a while. 


Milf’s pant was becoming faint; he was losing blood from the wound on his leg. I was losing blood too, from my arm, but it was nothing bothersome.


They were getting closer, I could hear them stomping through the mist. 


I noticed the vegetation changing; the woods were nearby. I had to reach the woods before they caught up with me. I had to reach the woods and sent the distress signal to Mintal and Bric. It was my only hope.


Everything in front of me started to blur and sway. The poison was starting to act. My eyes dropped, my steps swayed. My head, my legs and Milf were getting heavier and heavier. But I kept on going because their shouts were getting nearer. 


I dragged myself forward. Sensed the restriction fading away. Sent the distress signal.


I fell down.


I tried to make Milf feel better with a spell. But one look made it clear that it was too late. No magic could work a miracle.


Tears swelled up in my eyes. I winced when I thought how Mintal and Bric would react. Milf never understood life and death. He would be confused now.


My lip trembled and I shook all over.


Mintal and Bric appeared, they froze for a second, staring. Mintal overcame the shock and lifted Milf and me up, shaking. Bric just stood there, getting paler and gawping at me. Milf sniffed and pushed me with his tiny nose.


I stared at those stares. 


I heard the shouts getting louder. They were not important now, the war was sure to range on but it didn’t bother me for the same reasons as before.


I looked at Mintal, Bric and Milf, my little pack of friends, my actual family... and beamed through my tears 


as I melted into the mist...

February 02, 2021 01:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

28 comments

17:53 Mar 17, 2021

I don't think I've actually read anything with flash fiction before. Just like everything else you've written, it's QUIRKY

Reply

Show 0 replies
22:17 Mar 05, 2021

I love this story! The cliffhanger is nice and makes me want to know more. Also, I wonder who “they” is? Nice story, keep up the good work!🌸

Reply

13:53 Mar 08, 2021

Thank You very much for the wonderful comment! happy today!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Flash ficton da best This was delicious XD

Reply

07:34 Feb 07, 2021

Ha, I wrote this and day dreamed a lot in 1 hour, he he You should try flash fiction too, you surely can come up with yummy mini muffins XD Bye, happy today muffin bud

Reply

hehehhee XD I will give it a shot :D You toooo

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Daniel R. Hayes
05:25 Feb 04, 2021

Hi, I just wanted to say your story was great, and I can't wait to read more.

Reply

14:48 Feb 05, 2021

Hope that you don't mind me notificating that i just put a story, your new story was awesome

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
14:30 Feb 03, 2021

This was fun! I wonder who is 'THEY'. Flash fiction is always great. Keep writing!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Daniel R. Hayes
06:24 Feb 02, 2021

I thought this story was wonderful. You did a fantastic job writing it. I know you said it was short, but I thought it was really good. I liked your choices for names, and the creativity was genius. I have a hard time coming up with names myself. Great job :) I look forward to your next story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
02:55 Feb 02, 2021

Here's a new thread that's less chaotic:D Omg yay!! I'll read it and leave a comment when I get a chance! I completely agree!! Interesting thing to notice Wow, that's actually a really amazing idea!! I'll definitely be doing that. Thank you so much! I did read that story! That's so cool! That's a lot to handle, I'm sure you can do it though:D Yeah, they work well together. Haha, yea, I did. It did seem impossible. I'm a very ambitious person and I thought it would be a cool accomplishment I could talk about and maybe even prove to so...

Reply

02:10 Feb 03, 2021

=D Sorry that I couldn't answer earlier, I was in a whirlpool of confusion while I got stuck in my current short story! But it's basically just that I have so little connection to earth, I forget everything!, so, I am so sorry! Wow, one thing I am sure of, I will never complete NaNoWriMo, I am slow as a snail on a sloth! Hey, I don't care about rants, I love talking (er, typing?) If the person I am talking to is sensible, that is. Didn't you notice, I rant a lot too, so I don't care if your reply is a km long, rant on! Hey, so you stil...

Reply

02:30 Feb 03, 2021

Haha, that's alright!! That's ok! You could try camp nanowrimo? It's during the summer(july and august I think?) and it's the same as the November challenge except you set your own goal. So as big or small as you want, just to motivate you!:D Me too! Yeah, rants can be quite interesting! Glad you don't mind;) I've thought about trying to finish it off. I forgot to mention the fact that I didn't finish my novel in 50,000 wordsXD It's quite confusing because halfway through the month I decided to add a second perspective to my story. That t...

Reply

02:27 Feb 04, 2021

Hiya! There is a camp NaNoWriMo? I never knew, silly me. I guess you are more informed in the WRITING FIELD than me. I should try the camp, maybe you could too, you know, to sort out your novel. Em, I can only give you one suggestion for clearing a messed up manuscript, you know, I am not much of a brainiac, well the suggestion is- "Don't be afraid to kick out the words, sentences, paragraphs, chapters or even perspectives that the novel doesn't need." Ok, that's pretty rude and someone, I dunno who, called it murdering children, tru ...

Reply

03:03 Feb 04, 2021

That's alright! I learn more every dayXD I only know about the nano stuff bcuz when I decided to commit it I spent a lot of my procrastination time surfing the website and forumsXD That'd be fun! Lmk if you end up doing camp, bcuz if you make an account we can be writing buddies on the website(basically just friend/follow each other) That's an interesting way to think about it!! But I like what you're saying!! Lol, I do too, so it's alright:P Yeah! I'll definitely try it out sometime!! Me too!! *high fives back* A collab is a colla...

Reply

14:31 Feb 05, 2021

That's cool! And I am glad that you wasn't nagged about me asking doubts! Oh, does Sapphire draw? I actually did make my profile pic, but I did it in ms word, who knew ms word could also be used for digital art? Purple, blue and yellow, and pastels and ombre, makes me thing of a magical(pastels and ombre) full moon(yellow) night(Purple, blue). Awesome colours! I am going to use those in my nest sketch(it you don't mind) Sorry for not answering before actually! I was in a rush with this weeks story and almost broke my ankle. Literall...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ari Berri
18:20 Feb 11, 2021

This story is awesome. I didn't see any mistakes. Nice job! Tell me when you write your next one.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.