16 comments

Romance Funny High School

Anne leaned on the counter as Chuck struggled to pick a kind of drink. Her mood grew darker as the line started building up.


Finally when the line started getting impatient, Chuck had picked the hot cocoa with peppermint. After hours work of serving angry people with the need for coffee.


For her break all she wanted to do was hang out with the best person...Aphrodite. She whipped out her phone remembering to get the corner of her phone fixed.


MathPsycho: U want 2 come over?


FandomRebel: sure where?


MathPsycho: new job


FandomRebel: k


Anne put her phone back into her purse and walked outside and sat on the bench. Anne watched for Aphrodite's motorcycle, she took it everywhere.


When she finally arrived, she took out her money and walked inside, holding her hand up in "don't talk" position. She soon came back out holding a caramel mocha. They talked for a while about school, Home Ec the next day after school, and everyone in their group, they mostly talked about the new summer drinks the cafรฉ will be serving.


Anne got up and went to go back to the counter. Aphrodite, being Aphrodite, followed her and slipped on an apron. Anne was about to ask her what she was doing, when she gave her the "Don't try to stop me" look. After the first few customers she started getting bored and sat on the counter, while Anne served. 'Dite was in the middle of a perfect hand stand when the bell rang and The Griever Gang walked in. They strolled to the counter and leaned in.


"I'd like a single girl, to be my girlfriend and to take a ride in my car."


Aphrodite, who always had her back, stepped in.


"Sorry they're all unavailable."


The leader kept his snake-like tone, but it was obvious he was annoyed.


"Really 'cause I'm looking at a tall glass of water."


Aphrodite turned around and grabbed a glass and plopped it onto the counter.


"Fountain is over there, help yourself."


Aphrodite slipped her phone out of her pocket and slyly passed it to Anne. Anne grabbed it and turned it on. The page was on messages. She scrolled for Minho and Newt.


In a few minutes Minho busted through the doors like he owned the place. He was followed Newt and Gally. Gally walked to the back of the line and slid out his phone and soon Anne heard a bing on her own.


#1Builder: Don't hit me


Anne looked up and the boys were walking towards them. Minho jumped the counter and looked at The Grievers straight in the eye. The other two boys just walked around the counter and beside the girls.


Gally put his arm around her shoulder and she stared daggers at him. Newt stood next to 'Dite and held her hand. The leader look defeated backed away watching Minho.


"You better watch your back Greenie"


Minho shrugged and was high fived by Aphrodite.


#####################################


The rain pattered on the windows as Anne stood on the edge of her drive-way. She was supposed to be picked up by the rest of the Gladers, but they were side tracked.

"Bing!"

Anne looked down on her phone.


FandomRebellion: U excited 4 Home-Ec.?!

MathPsycho: Ya I guess

FandomRebellion: Ya I guess? oh come on! Home-Ec. is amazing!

MathPsycho: okay...


Down the road Minho's flashy red car sped down the street and came to an abrupt stop mid-prosses of splashing Anne. Anne had shielded her phone but not her new shirt. The door opened and Aphrodite came out with phone in hand.


"Anne! My buddy, my best friend..."


She was cut off by Teresa clearing her throat. "What does that make me?"


Aphrodite just kept talking.


After a few fist bumps and slaps upside the head to Minho, they were on their way.


Just as Minho pulled into the parking lot the Griever Gang starting to walk to them. Aphrodite frowned and started to get out but Anne pulled her down and shook her head. Teresa ducked her head as they walked to the window and rapped.


Minho got out of the car in his 'Try to be cool' way. He started to talk to them and soon a punch was thrown. Minho wiped under his nose to find a trickle of blood. By this time Aphrodite was already out and yelling at them. Anne opened the door and instructed Minho to hold up his nose.


The Griever Gang started to laugh. "Who's this now, don't matter I like the feisty."


The leader grabbed Aphrodite's wrist and Newt was out like a shot.


The leader laid on the ash fault with his hand pressed against his eye. The principal was walking toward them glaring down at Newt like he was infected with worms. Newt didn't care though he just stood there with his hands in a fist tight lipped. Just as he was pulled away into Aphrodite's hug, Anne heard him say "It was worth it."


#####################################


At lunch nobody saw Newt but it was soon found out that he was in detention.


Aphrodite acted like nothing ever happened, but she couldn't hide from Anne. She knew that she would always look over her shoulder, and that she always be ready to fight them.


Minho tried to ignore the smirks coming from the Griever table, he barely succeeded. Aphrodite continued to crack her knuckles and glare at the same time, freaking out the tables in a one by one radius.


Anne kept trying to get conversation going, from the weather to mystery meat nobody was eating. It all failed. The only thing that responded was the bell.


As Anne, Teresa, and Aphrodite walked (thank goodness Aphrodite was watching!) the Griever Gang trailed behind them. Aphrodite grabbed the girls arms and took a sharp turn into the girls change room.


On the field the girls took position in the game of volleyball.

after a few games the girls grabbed their water bottles and sat on the bench.


After gabbing a bit about strategy, the Gang walked over and sat down RIGHT beside Aphrodite and Anne. Anne searched the bench for escape and all she found was get up and go play anther game.


#####################################


At home Anne laid on her bed scrolling though her messages.


Her finger hovered over Gally's previous message. Her mind went back to the coffee shop day.


Why did he do that?


He didn't have to. No matter what she thought of, she was glad he did.



(I take no credit except Anne Darwin and my sister owns Aphrodite.)


October 09, 2020 17:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

16 comments

14:52 Nov 12, 2020

Guys, if you think I should do more Anne & Gally then let me know in the comments!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Deleted Account
16:05 Dec 28, 2020

Hi!!! Just was wondering, because I enjoy this series greatly, if there was any other websites or such that had some type of these characters?? Ur OCs are wonderfully fun and interesting, and I especially love the Dite character!

Reply

15:32 Dec 30, 2020

Hello! No my OCs are not on any other website, only this one. Aphrodite is my sisters OC and you can read her stories on Felicity Pathis (she has Newtrodite).

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Danny -
23:56 Jan 25, 2021

Hiiii, how are you... Great story! I've never really watched the movie (or read the series if there's one) for maze runner... But I think if I had to ignore that fact, the story is well-written, it's amazing!

Reply

14:38 Jan 26, 2021

Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
09:44 Jul 27, 2021

Hey, tell as many people as you can that it's updating and to remember your password, because after it updates you'll need to know it to prove it's you and I don't want people getting locked out

Reply

Show 0 replies
12:31 Mar 16, 2021

Okay, I absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED this story! You are so talented and you are getting me interested in the maze runner series...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mazie Gray
20:06 Mar 14, 2021

โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œYOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR...

Reply

Show 0 replies
19:04 Jan 26, 2021

LOL this is awesome I also like the same fandoms you like!

Reply

Show 0 replies
15:02 Jan 25, 2021

Omg I read what YouTubers you watch and I watch them too!

Reply

15:37 Jan 25, 2021

Really? Cool!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
20:31 Jan 22, 2021

Thanks

Reply

14:47 Jan 25, 2021

Yes I ALSO watch Ninjago, and I DO ship Nya & Jay, but I do ship Kai & SKYLOR

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Deleted Account
18:20 Jan 22, 2021

I agrreeeeee with ur bio theory on Brenda's dad!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.