163 comments

People of Color Historical Fiction Coming of Age

This story contains sensitive content

"Headline news this hour. An eight-year-old boy, allegedly accused of sexually offending a woman, is being executed next Monday at the Jorge's Memorial Center."


Laney sat watching the news on the couch while ironing her clothes she planned on wearing to work the following day. It was night, the first night she had been home, in a long while. 


Her back was sore from bending over her stout desk at her work. She leaned back, trying to straighten her posture, as she rubbed her shoulders.


The television was playing softly in the background. She didn't want to wake up her son, who was snoring loudly in his room. 


The news reports had been running crazy all morning about this little boy. His name was Noah Adir. He was an African-American kid who just so happened to be walking down the street when a white lady called the police on him. He was coming home from his walk to the candy store downtown when the police scooped him up in their squad car and left; of course not before they made a scene. 


They roughed him up real good. They showed a picture of what he looked like before the incident, next to the picture of what happened after, and you could barely recognize him. His mother was in the news screaming for them to let her little boy out. 


He didn't do nothin' wrong! Let my Noah go! Her demands have been heard all over the world. Even people in Europe tried to make things right by broadcasting a special tv event. They'd never know that what they did only made it worse. 


It got so bad that people marched right up to the police station and protested to let him go. It didn't work. So far, five people are dead and more than 50 people are injured.


Laney couldn't believe that they were doing all of this for just one little boy. She looked up to face her staircase and starting thinking about her own son, Jordan.


Jordan was only nine years old, one year older than Noah. She wondered what she would do if Jordan were in the same predicament as Noah. She didn't think she could live with herself. 


She closed her eyes and sighed. As she let her breath out in slow motions, moments with Jordan flashed behind her closed eyelids. 


Jordan's first basketball game. He was so happy his coach decided to take him off the bench and even happier that he shot the ball, even if he missed. Laney remembered the smile Jordan gave her when the game was over. The moment was irreplaceable. 


Or the time Jordan lost his first tooth. It was the one right in the front. He cried when he saw blood pouring out of his mouth. Laney had wrapped her arms around him and explained what it was, why it happened, and that it would keep happening until he had all of his adult teeth.


And the time when she gave birth to him. He was so tiny and full of hope. For the first few weeks, she called him Burrito because of how he looked when she wrapped his favorite blankie around him.


Laney didn't want to let go of the feeling so she kept her eyes close, but she still heard the news report softly going in the background, so she turned it up a little, careful not to wake up Jordan. 


"What do you have to say about Noah Adir's fate?"


A news reporter, white herself, was now asking a black man what he thought about Noah. She was stationed at a protest that was going on downtown. The man didn't look happy. He looked disgusted; as if he didn't want to be apart of the news report. Maybe he didn't like the way she said fate as if this was inevitable.


He spoke in a loud manner: "What happened to Noah, ain't no fate. This was the devil! That white lady got a devil in her! She know ain't nobody wink at her! He just a little boy!"


The news reporter tried to take the microphone away from him but he held a firm grip on it. 


"These white folks wanna throw us out of here and this is their way of doing it. By using an eight-year-old boy against us. You know what, lady? You are apart of the problem. Talkin' about fate. This ain't no fate!"


The news lady was struggling with the man, trying to get his hands from around the mic, but the man wouldn't budge.


"Do you hear what these people are saying? They sayin' we want change. Let Noah go! We want change. Let Noah go! And we won't stop saying it until we get justice. That boy should not be being executed. And all of you are going to hell if you think he should. Some devils!"


The news lady finally managed to get a grip around the mic and grabbed it from the man's hands. Or maybe he was done talking and let it go himself.


Laney put her head in her hands as she said: Carl, back to you with the Sports Section.


Laney changed the channel to the next news station. On their feed, the riots were getting worse. Buildings were burning, people were looting, and the police were beating people in the street.


She changed the channel again to a medical show called "Cabinet of Medicine". She binge-watched shows like this all the time and she figured she should catch up. Right when Ryan was about to kiss Sophia, the station was interrupted. 


"We interrupt this program to feature a special news broadcasting report. The story of Noah Adir is heavily spreading all across the globe. Women in Budar, India are sewing quilts saying WE WANT CHANGE. LET NOAH GO! Kids in Africa are sending voice messages over to America with warm messages to the family. People in Paris, France are starting to protest and riot. All of this for a little boy named Noah Adir, who is being executed on Monday for allegedly winking at a woman. 


Some sources say that this is all a fluke. That he never winked at the lady and everyone is blowing this out of proportion. Others say that this is fate for the little boy. No one has spoken up in the trial and the judge has already ruled his final verdict. So I ask anyone seeing this now, what are you going to do to stop this motion? Have a nice night everyone."


Laney looked from the tv to the staircase; where she saw Jordan sitting on one of the stairs.


"Come here, baby."


Jordan walked over to his mom with his arms out wide and asked: "What's going on, Mommy?"


"Nothing, honey. Something bad happened and people are trying to mellow it out, that's all."


Laney didn't know how to tell Jordan that she was scared. She was scared to send her only black son out into the mean world ahead of them. But she knew that there was no way around it. So she kept her mouth shut, wrapped her arms around Jordan, and closed her eyes to let out a long sigh.

February 08, 2021 18:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

163 comments

Cookie Carla🍪
18:21 Feb 08, 2021

This is a historical fiction story because this was based on a true story. The real boy's name was Emmett Till and unlike Noah, he was 14. He was murdered in Mississippi because a lady thought that he was hitting on her. I believe the lady's husband kidnapped him from his home and tortured him. Later, after he had already been executed, the lady that was supposedly offended came out and said that she lied about all of it. I'm telling everyone here, do not take anything for granted. There are people out in the world who are just evil at hear...

Reply

Show 0 replies
20:36 Feb 08, 2021

OMG!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FEATURING ME IN YOUR BIO!!!!!!

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
20:49 Feb 08, 2021

It's the least I could do!! :)

Reply

20:56 Feb 08, 2021

Thank you so much! You are one of the friendliest people on Reedsy!

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
20:59 Feb 08, 2021

I really do try to be positive and uplifting for everyone bc that's the way I want others to treat me. So thank you!!

Reply

21:02 Feb 08, 2021

You're very welcome!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Cookie Carla🍪
15:54 Feb 09, 2021

Because everyone liked this story, I decided to do a Part 2!! Part 2: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/80/submissions/54212/

Reply

16:45 Feb 09, 2021

YESSSSS!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Cookie Carla🍪
19:12 Apr 14, 2021

Would you like to take my writing quiz? Here: https://forms.gle/yJjUqZHczPbtASCF9

Reply

23:56 Apr 14, 2021

Of course!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 4 replies
XANDER DMER
20:09 Feb 08, 2021

The parts when they were protesting really pulled me into the story. Great Job! :D Keep Writing. Everyone Share Carla's Stories :D Also check my new story out please & Please leave feedback :)

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
20:12 Feb 08, 2021

Thank youuuuuuuu!!!!!

Reply

XANDER DMER
20:21 Feb 08, 2021

Anytime! :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
XANDER DMER
20:29 Feb 08, 2021

Hey Cookie... 🍪 I read your Bio :) ;)

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
20:32 Feb 08, 2021

Thanks so much!! I actually just updated it but thanks for the cookie :DDD

Reply

XANDER DMER
20:33 Feb 08, 2021

Your Welcome 🍪 Carla Get it??? 🍪? lol

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
20:35 Feb 08, 2021

😂😂🤣🤣 I just got it!!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Cookie Carla🍪
15:55 Feb 09, 2021

Because everyone liked this story, I decided to do a Part 2!! Part 2: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/80/submissions/54212/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Cookie Carla🍪
17:02 Apr 08, 2021

Hey did I ever read your story??

Reply

XANDER DMER
16:32 May 07, 2021

Which one?

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
16:36 May 07, 2021

Idk😂 you said 'check out my new story'

Reply

XANDER DMER
16:24 May 14, 2021

Yea, I was talking about my first story.

Reply

XANDER DMER
16:24 May 14, 2021

lol

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 4 replies
Cassandra Durnin
19:10 Feb 08, 2021

I happened to know the story that this one was based off of, and it really pulled on my heartstrings. I do love the way that you focus on someone who doesn't really have anything to do with the conflict, but it effects them just the same. Especially a mother. Anyway, amazingly well done.

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
19:26 Feb 08, 2021

Thank you so much!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Cookie Carla🍪
15:54 Feb 09, 2021

Because everyone liked this story, I decided to do a Part 2!! Part 2: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/80/submissions/54212/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Cookie Carla🍪
19:12 Apr 14, 2021

Would you like to take my writing quiz? Here: https://forms.gle/yJjUqZHczPbtASCF9

Reply

Cassandra Durnin
21:10 Apr 15, 2021

Just took it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 3 replies
Whitney Jones
14:54 Feb 09, 2021

Carla you did an excellent job!! I never knew you could write like this. I like how you put an outside person point of view in it. It makes the story kick(and of course the main point of the story). Yea, it's a great idea to do PART TWO. I'm a proud person!

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
15:00 Feb 23, 2021

Thanks yous!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

You know, I really like this story a lot. I loved the way you based this plot off of a real story. You are so creative. ;)

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
21:13 Feb 08, 2021

OMG!! Thank you sooooooooooo much!!!!

Reply

Haha, of course!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Cookie Carla🍪
15:56 Feb 09, 2021

Because everyone liked this story, I decided to do a Part 2!! Part 2: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/80/submissions/54212/

Reply

Oooh, I'll read for sure! :)

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
21:48 Feb 09, 2021

YAY!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Cookie Carla🍪
19:15 Apr 14, 2021

Would you like to take my writing quiz? Here: https://forms.gle/yJjUqZHczPbtASCF9

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 3 replies
20:23 Feb 08, 2021

Truly amazing. Really, the biggest thought that went through my mind during this was "Why is this listed as fiction" and I hate that. Honestly, though, this was beyond amazing. The best stories are the ones that last forever in our own minds, no matter what we believe. Also, as a student of Ap us history and one taking a government class, I thought I recognized this story. You didn't ruin any of this at all. In fact, you made it only more powerful. These words need to be spread more. Can I put it at the top of my bio?

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
20:26 Feb 08, 2021

OFCOURSEYOUCANYOUARESOAMAZINGOMGICOULDHUGYOUEVENTHOUGHWEAREINAPANDEMICOMGIALMOSTCRIEDAHHHHHHH!!!!! Thank you so much for the feedback!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Cookie Carla🍪
15:54 Feb 09, 2021

Because everyone liked this story, I decided to do a Part 2!! Part 2: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/80/submissions/54212/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Cookie Carla🍪
19:15 Apr 14, 2021

Would you like to take my writing quiz? Here: https://forms.gle/yJjUqZHczPbtASCF9

Reply

20:02 Apr 14, 2021

Sure!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 4 replies
Nancy Drayce
19:12 Feb 08, 2021

This broke my heart... I read your comment first and a shiver crawled down my spine... This is the first time I am hearing about this. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that this is true and that someone could have done this. I am so mad right now... I don't get how the police even had in mind of coming and taking that little boy... I mean why? How? And then someone deciding about his life the way they did, I can't even type it down... Besides that, I have to say that I really like how you wrote it! The point of view, of a woman lis...

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
19:28 Feb 08, 2021

Thank you so much!! My first time hearing about Emmett I was so mad I started crying so it really hit home for me. Again, thanks for the feedback!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Cookie Carla🍪
15:55 Feb 09, 2021

Because everyone liked this story, I decided to do a Part 2!! Part 2: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/80/submissions/54212/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Cookie Carla🍪
15:09 Nov 30, 2021

Hello!! Read my bio pls!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 3 replies
Akshaya ✨
13:26 Mar 09, 2021

Cookie, this was so moving. So sad and touching. I hope, really hope nothing happens to Noah Adir. He's only eight! :( I can't believe it really happened to someone in real life. I can't believe how bloodthirsty and evil some human beings can be. You've written this story so well, and I could feel the conflict happening even if the story was taking place somewhere else. I also like how you used Laney's protectiveness of her son to narrate this story. Amazing job!

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
14:35 Mar 09, 2021

Thank you so much!!!

Reply

Akshaya ✨
15:05 Mar 09, 2021

Of course! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amel Parvez
07:50 Feb 22, 2021

amaaaazing!

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
15:01 Feb 23, 2021

Thaaaaaaaank you!!

Reply

Amel Parvez
15:04 Feb 23, 2021

you're welcooomeeee! XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Cookie Carla🍪
19:16 Apr 14, 2021

Would you like to take my writing quiz? Here: https://forms.gle/yJjUqZHczPbtASCF9

Reply

Amel Parvez
16:27 Apr 15, 2021

sure!

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
16:52 Apr 15, 2021

I just read your submission for my quiz (thanks btw!!) and you said you wanted real judges to give you feedback on your writing?? There's one judge on here, he has his own website dedicated to giving feedback on short stories and novels and such. Here's his Reedsy link and his website (which you can find in his bio): -- https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/a-r-eakle/ -- eaklereviews.com PS - I'm about to read Rachel and Michael in a minute!! :)

Reply

Amel Parvez
17:45 Apr 15, 2021

Thnx for telling! hope u like it:) <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
21:22 Feb 10, 2021

All this... because he winked? Although yeah, stuff can get exaggerated like that. A wink at a freaked-out lady turns into a worldwide protest. It's a little weird, but I quite like it. Powerful message.

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
21:24 Feb 10, 2021

The real boy, Emmett Till (black), supposedly grabbed the lady (white) in the 1940s by her waist and said some provactive comments to her. I didn't want to put that in my story because it seemed a little... extra like you said. Thank you for the feedback!!

Reply

19:42 Feb 11, 2021

You're welcome! Yeah, extra.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sapphire 🌼
19:28 Feb 09, 2021

This is so heartbreaking. I'm on the verge of tears. These are real problems going on in our world right now, and they are so scary. It was so amazing of you to put it into a beautiful, emotional, spectacular story. I love your bravery and I love how you took a real event and made it into this masterpiece. Amazing job :)

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
19:16 Apr 14, 2021

Would you like to take my writing quiz? Here: https://forms.gle/yJjUqZHczPbtASCF9

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
17:49 Apr 21, 2021

Oooh! sure! Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Cookie Carla🍪
19:53 Feb 09, 2021

Oh my gosh you almost made me cry!!! Thank you so much!! It's always been a dream of mine to write about the issues that we face in our world but I never really went out and did it. Thank you so much for your kind words!! It's people like you that keep my writing passion going so I really do appreciate you and everyone else who took the time today (and yesterday) to read my Adir stories!! Part 3 is a POSSIBILITY. I'm writing it right now but I may not publish it. Idk yet but I'll let you know if I do :)

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
20:07 Feb 09, 2021

Awwww no problem!!!!!! *gasp* I WILL ONE HUNDRED PERCENT READ IT!!!

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
20:08 Feb 09, 2021

*gasp* I might publish it :DDD

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
21:19 Feb 09, 2021

OMGGG I WILL BE FIRST IN LINE TO BUY IT

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
21:21 Feb 09, 2021

Idk if I sent you this or not. I'll send it anyway :) I just finished it a few minutes ago!! Part 3: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/80/submissions/54242/

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Frank Njugi✨
15:50 Feb 09, 2021

Loved how you used Laney and Jordan to tell the story although they weren't involved ....so creative Also choose a very perfect real historical story to tell issues that still affect the society in modern day ..I like that about the story ✨

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
15:52 Feb 09, 2021

Thank you so much for the feedback!! I actually just posted a part 2!! vvvv https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/80/submissions/54212/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Whitney Jones
14:54 Feb 09, 2021

Carla you did an excellent job!! I never knew you could write like this. I like how you put an outside person point of view in it. It makes the story kick(and of course the main point of the story). Yea, it's a great idea to do PART TWO. I'm a proud person!

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
15:02 Feb 09, 2021

Thanks so much Whitney!! I'm actually halfway through Part 2. I'll let you know when I publish it. I'm a proud person too!!

Reply

Whitney Jones
15:35 Feb 09, 2021

Great! Lol. Hurry!!!

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
15:39 Feb 09, 2021

I'm thhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssss close to finishing. I'm literally like... right on the brink.

Reply

Whitney Jones
15:41 Feb 09, 2021

Go Carla!! Go Carla!!!

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
15:53 Feb 09, 2021

Done. Part 2: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/80/submissions/54212/

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
13:07 Feb 09, 2021

I've read a book about Emmet Till and it's horrible. This was very accurate and awful(the writing is amazing, the fact that this is happening in modern times is awful) I liked how you wrote it from the perspective of someone who wasnt at the scene yet she was still nervous/scared. This was amazing, well done!!

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
15:55 Feb 09, 2021

Because everyone liked this story, I decided to do a Part 2!! Part 2: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/80/submissions/54212/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Cookie Carla🍪
14:02 Feb 09, 2021

Thank you so much!! I'm so happy you liked my story!!!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Cookie Carla🍪
19:16 Apr 14, 2021

Would you like to take my writing quiz? Here: https://forms.gle/yJjUqZHczPbtASCF9

Reply

20:14 Apr 14, 2021

sure!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 3 replies
12:27 Feb 09, 2021

This was such a powerful story that I agree should be told and retold. I really liked the fact that the story was almost told entirely through the news medium. I actually think this could have been used even more. It would be a great way to link this story (that I'm guessing happened at an earlier time given the extent of the sentence) to our present time, as the news today still hold a lot of weight. I also found the character of Laney very interesting. We expect her to be angry with our modern eyes but she isn't and maybe it is because w...

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
14:00 Feb 09, 2021

The story of Emmett Till happened in the 1940s and they were still lynching people back then. I didn't even notice that her character wasn't as mad as we would be today. Everybody has been saying that but I never knew what they were talking about. So thank you so much for the feedback!! It was really appreciated and I'm glad you like it!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Cookie Carla🍪
15:55 Feb 09, 2021

Because everyone liked this story, I decided to do a Part 2!! Part 2: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/80/submissions/54212/

Reply

22:49 Feb 10, 2021

That's great. I'll be sure to take a look :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Corey Melin
23:24 Feb 08, 2021

This story is definitely an eye-opener, and one that I have read about. In fact, I have read many stories similar to this one. Evil that is set to take our young ones away. I don't give a damn of the reasoning. It's peer evil. Thank you for the read.

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
14:09 Feb 09, 2021

I agree. It makes me so mad that people think that this is okay. I remember my first time hearing about Emmett Till, I had just got done watching the movie called "Just Mercy" and I started crying. My mom was like "this happens all the time..." and she told me the story. I got so mad I starting shaking and crying. So it hurts that this had to happen. Thank you so much for liking my story!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Cookie Carla🍪
15:56 Feb 09, 2021

Because everyone liked this story, I decided to do a Part 2!! Part 2: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/80/submissions/54212/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
XANDER DMER
20:53 Feb 08, 2021

Why are there DOWNVOTERS????? I mean think to yourself. . . What is downvoting someone doing??? Lowering peoples Karma Points ( Not Nice! ) Positive Energy NOT negative :D :D :D XD XD

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
20:58 Feb 08, 2021

Now I'm not condoning this behavior, and I'm not saying that it's right, but the purpose of the downvote button is like the same thing as the thumbs down. Many ppl use the thumbs down function bc they don't like the video, or in this case, story. I think ppl use it unnecessarily. I haven't downvoted anyone on here bc first of all, if I don't like the story I'm either going to comment why or not say anything at all. Other ppl do it because of personal grudges or just to be funny. And none of it is fair. So honestly... I really don't know. ...

Reply

XANDER DMER
21:00 Feb 08, 2021

Can I Get A AMEN!!!

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
21:03 Feb 08, 2021

AMEN!!!!

Reply

XANDER DMER
21:03 Feb 08, 2021

lol! :) :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Cookie Carla🍪
15:56 Feb 09, 2021

Because everyone liked this story, I decided to do a Part 2!! Part 2: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/80/submissions/54212/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
. .
19:47 Feb 08, 2021

This was great, but I would like you to show more personal connections between Jordan and Noah, make it a little more fictional. also, the mother should've been a TON more angry in person or heartbroken, because that's the power of motherly love. Overall though, I thought this was absolutely heartwrenching.

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
19:50 Feb 08, 2021

Thank you for the feedback Lit!!! You mean, make Jordan and Noah know each other on a personal level? And when you say mother... which mother?

Reply

. .
19:51 Feb 08, 2021

No problem!!! Yeah, I feel like that would make it awesome. by Mother I mean Noah's mother.

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
21:05 Feb 08, 2021

Ahhh!! I see. I'll keep that in mind when I write Part 2. Part 2 is coming out probably tomorrow or Wednesday. Tell everyone!!!

Reply

. .
21:06 Feb 08, 2021

Ooooooooooooooooooh yayyyyyyyy!!!!! I might be posting again soon, and your only hint as to what its about is: Licinia.

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
21:06 Feb 08, 2021

Ooooo YAY!!!

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Cookie Carla🍪
15:55 Feb 09, 2021

Because everyone liked this story, I decided to do a Part 2!! Part 2: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/80/submissions/54212/ And I'm about to read your story right now!!

Reply

. .
15:57 Feb 09, 2021

YAYYYYYYY AND YAYYYYYYYY

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Cookie Carla🍪
19:16 Apr 14, 2021

Would you like to take my writing quiz? Here: https://forms.gle/yJjUqZHczPbtASCF9

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 3 replies
Unknown User
19:03 Feb 08, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
19:09 Feb 08, 2021

Emmett Till is a true story and I did tweak my story a little bit to fit the prompt. Thank you for giving feedback and I'll go read yours right now!! It is your most recent right?

Reply

Unknown User
19:11 Feb 08, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
19:27 Feb 08, 2021

Ohhh I see what you mean :DD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Cookie Carla🍪
15:55 Feb 09, 2021

Because everyone liked this story, I decided to do a Part 2!! Part 2: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/80/submissions/54212/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.