Dear Mimi

Submitted into Contest #58 in response to: Write a story about someone feeling powerless.... view prompt

491 comments

Drama Creative Nonfiction

January 5th 


Dear Mimi,

I don’t really know how to start this. I hardly ever write letters, especially to old ladies who aren’t even going to read it. You're, what, a hundred years old? I’m fourteen, if you remember. I bet your old eyes are glazing over these small words, wondering what it says. Sorry, Mimi. You'll be getting a lot of letters. Writing these letters is supposed to be some kind of therapy for me. I don’t think this’ll work, anyway. Instead of writing in a journal, I’ll be writing one-way notes to you, my great-grandma, for a while. 

My life is a mess. I mean, I have my friend Kaymi—I think you’ve met her once or twice. You know, black hair, dark eyes, red lips? I also have my doggy, Pepper, and a nice enough family. But I don’t feel so good. Which is why I started visiting counselors. I don’t know, I’m just really sad and mopey.

Do you remember me, Mimi? I’m your great-granddaughter, Corinna. I have really long, really wild black hair. I hide behind it a lot. I have olive skin and emerald green eyes, and I always wear sweatpants plus a hoodie. That’s the kind of loose clothes I can relax in. 

School’s annoying. It's hard. Too much homework. Oh, and there’s too many groups. You know, popular girls, popular boys, nerds, normal kids, gloomy teens like me…ugh. Ugh. Ugh. My teachers are all weird. 1st period, math, is Mrs. Hendrix, this old bat who has nasty breath and an even nastier attitude. Then there’s Mr. Sallow, reading, who’s maybe forty and just reads at his desk all day. 3rd period is the writing teacher, Meena. She’s the best—she's really young and pretty and lets us call her by her first name. Anyways, so on and so forth.

Expect a lot of letters. Often. I’m required to write and send em’ a lot. They won’t be that uplifting, so prepare yourself—this is my ‘therapy’. Although you won’t be reading these. You never even check your mail, right? So I take back what I said earlier with you skimming these blocks of words.

Bye, Mimi!

~ Corinna 




January 26th


Dear Mimi,

I was just wondering—why do people always say ‘dear’? ‘Dear’ is a weird word. I mean, there’s ‘deer’, and it’s like the naming guy ran out of ideas so he added an ‘a’. And why do we say it when writing letters, anyway? Saying ‘dear __’ basically means you—not YOU, you; anybody—a person who has bad spelling, is addressing an elder deer. Like, ‘The Prestigious Deer Rosalee’. And you have bad spelling because you write ‘dear’. See, Mimi, this is the kind of weird thing that runs through my mind.

Although for my thoughts, that’s pretty peppy. Well, it’s not peppy, but it’s not more sad and depressing than most young teens’ thoughts would be. Like, I made up a twisted joke at recess. It goes like this: ‘Give a man a match and he’ll be warm for a few hours. Light a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.’ Do you get it? It’s the kind of joke you need a second to process, then you frown, or crack a smile THEN frown.

Lots of my thoughts are frown-worthy.

You know what expression that joke is based off of, right? It’s that ‘give a man a fish’ one. I find it sooo stupid all these wise expressions involve MEN. Like man’s best friend—what, like girls can’t love dogs more than their own mothers? Oh, and the most stupid of all: all men created equal. YEAH, DUH. But what about women? Never said all PEOPLE, eh? It’s stupid. Bloody stupid. I hate sexist people. Ever heard of girl power, dumbo?

But enough about that.

My life is a mess.

Okay, I know I said that last message. But it’s true. You know how sometimes, you get a burst of happiness? Like you’ll make a difference in the world? It happens when you’re young, anyway. I doubt people a century old get that feeling. I used to get it now and then. I’m a fairly creative person—I was, anyway. I’d get really happy then paint a picture, feeling like I would be in history books.

It’s not just that I never get that feeling anymore. It’s just the opposite. I get this feeling of ugh. Life is pointless. You’re alive, then you die. Nothing is permanent. What’s the point? Nothing.

Life. Is. Pointless. 

That feeling often strikes when I’m lying in bed. It’s ten P.M., so I climb up my ladder and curl under the warm covers of my top bunk. Then I get this flash of…truth. I’m lying here in a bed some factory manufactured. In a world of seven billion humans. Empires. Buildings and shops and roads and cars. It’s all fake. Fake. Fake.

I can’t describe the feelings. But it's powerful. And not all bad. No, this kind of feeling is enlightening. It makes me fill up with…nothing, actually. It hollows me out. Makes me wonder why I’m here. On Earth. Makes me think about what humans have become.  

Some people say “We’re not destroying the Earth. We’re destroying ourselves. When humans peeter out, the world will regrow.” True, I guess. But for now, everything is dying. We’re dying, and taking thousands of species down with us. Anytime this thought occurs to people, they’ll shrug it off. Insist they’re different. Think about all the good they’ve caused.

Lies. Lies. Lies.

Sure, there are a couple of good people. Pure people. People who devote themselves to others. But in reality, most of us consider ourselves good as long as we don’t do any harm.

Ha.

As we live, we take air, food, resources. Did you know that annually, the whole world produces over two billion metric tons of solid waste? We’re destroying this world. A couple of us are good, but there’s no neutral. Just because you don’t do anything doesn’t make you good—it makes you the same as many others. But. We produce trash and kill animals indirectly. So no, we’re not neutral.

What I’m getting at is there are a few good people. But despite those people, the human race as a whole is moving forward, causing death, disease, and destruction wherever they go.

 Those are the kind of deep thoughts that strike me.

And those kinds of thoughts are weighing me down inside.

Goodbye, Mimi.

~Corinna 





February 14th


Dear Mimi,

Two weeks since my last letter, okay. 

Yesterday, Kaymi invited me over for a sleepover. We made slime and went to the pool, then played truth-or-dare and Would You Rather? until midnight. It was fun, and we made pancakes in the morning.

Truth-or-dare went something like this:

“Truth or dare?”

“Dare,” I said, because truths end up with people staring at me like I’m psychotic. Which I am. 

“Hmm...call a random contact just to say you’re busy. Then hang up!” Kaymi giggled. “It’ll be hilarious.”

“M’kay,” I said.

I called and dissed my study partner, Aaron.

“Truth or dare?” I asked Kaymi.

“Dare! Duh.”

“Hmmm…can I do a dare for the future?” Kaymi squinted at me so I clarified, “Like, put plain yogurt in a mayonnaise jar and walk around the mall eating it.”

“Yesssss!” Kaymi cheered.

When we moved on to Would You Rather? stuff got interesting. Kaymi is a…fun friend. She’s sassy and has a dark sense of humor. She's pretty much the only person who can survive me—our darkness builds off each other, just, she’s funny and I’m gloomy. As Kaymi says, I put the ‘hot’ is ‘psychotic’. Kaymi more of puts the ‘sass’ in ‘assassin’. She’s super strong and athletic, and amazing at what she called Gymrate. Basically karate mixed with gymnastics, to produce some sort of ninja moves that makes everybody intimidated by her.

“Would you rather…” I mused, “get bitten by five thousand mosquitos at once, or by a shark one time?”

Kaymi laughs. “Shark, I guess. And dang, Corinna, that was dark.” She smiled mischievously. “But I can match that. Hmmm…would you rather give yourself emergency appendectomy with nail clippers, or eye surgery with a scalpel and a fun-house mirror?”

I blinked. “How do you come up with this stuff?”

So on and so forth. 

I’m writing this letter as Mom is driving me home. It’s Sunday, which means school tomorrow. Ugh. Bye, I guess.

~Corinna




February 15th


Dear Mimi,

Another letter already, huh? It’s Monday, and I just got out of school. Yesterday and the day before were fun with Kaymi, which was good, because today was dreadful. First of all, it’s that kind of sucky cold some winter days are—when there’s no snow or anything, just a hard sky, bare trees, and ice-cold asphalt. It was below freezing, definitely, and because God seems to hate me….

I forgot my coat.

Kaymi lent me hers, which earned her a hole punch on her Leaf. Yeah, there’s this new activity we’re doing in seventh period: Tree of Giving. Now, there’s this tree made of paper up on the wall. There are these laminated leaves with Velcro, and everybody has a leaf with their name on it. Any acts of kindness mean a hole punch, and you’re trying to get as many hole punches as possible.

Sounds weird, right? What kind of class would do that? Well, the grade’s last period is TA, or Teacher Advisory. A group of ten or so kids ‘form a close bond with their TA, for school and emotionally’. What a load of rubbish (ha! That’s a British insult, right?). Some people are really close with Cassandra (we call our TAs by their first name), but I have a steel gate guarding my emotions. Cass’s the one who told my parents to start writing you these letters, because I wouldn’t open up around her.

Well, it’s not like there’s not much to say. I have depressing thoughts that I've said in this letter. ‘Spilled’, I guess, though it’s not really a secret. I just don’t like telling my thoughts to anybody because they’re deep and weird.

Who wants to be told human race is suckage, and we cause —and I quote myself—‘death, disease, and destruction’ wherever we go?

Not any sane being.

~Corinna 





March 1st


Dear Mimi,

It’s been a while since I last wrote. I don’t really want to write, but I’m here to talk about what I said a couple letters ago. About the thoughts I get in my bunk bed at night.

I’m powerless.

Nothing I do matters. Nothing at all.

Here’s the thing: they say the universe is always expanding. Hard to wrap your mind around that, am I right? Anyways, the universe is always so vast and large that even if we could explore deep space, we never could see it all.

The universe gets bigger, faster than we can—could—explore it. So, in a sense, outer space is virtually infinite. There’s no place it stops.

I’m not saying this for a science lesson. I’m saying in all that space, in all that fabric of time, there are gazillions of planets and stars and celestial bodies.

All. That. Space.

So me, puny little me, is a grain of sand on a beach.

No. More like a 10000000000000000000000000000000000th of sand on a beach the size of the ocean. 

I. Don’t. Matter.

Even if we shrink our views to Earth, there’s seven billion people. I’m one in seven billion, but not in an uplifting way. No, I’m not unique. I’m small and insignificant.

I can’t make a difference.

Powerless.   

~Corinna





April 1st


Dear Mimi,

It’s been a month since my last letter. Officially spring! The birds are singing and the flowers are growing, and the sky is a sapphire blue.

And...I don’t really like spring.

I mean, it’s so humid! I can’t even deal with the merciless heat of summer. But humidity? 

No. Just…no.

It’s like I’m walking through a thin block of water. All these drops of liquid clinging on me...it makes me hot and stinky and wet. I have to take a shower every day in the spring in summer because of how sweaty I get, and—ugh.

I’m trying to find a new hobby. I tried out biking earlier today, and it’s not bad. Pedaling full speed is like I’m generating my own wind. Bye-bye, humidity!

I biked for, like, ten miles today. It felt good to get out if the house.

Buuut now I’m sore. And I don’t like biking clothes. Plus, I get sweaty on a bike anyway. I can outrun (-bike?) the humidity, but I can’t outrun the armpit stink.

I don’t think biking’s my thing.

Maybe I’ll try knitting. Seems peaceful.

~Corinna 





April 20th


Dang, Mimi, knitting is not for me.

Oops, I just realized I started this message with no ‘dear Mimi’. Whatever. I still said your name, and dear is a stupid word so—you know, nevermind. You’re not reading these letters anyway.

Forget that whole paragraph.

Anyways, knitting isn’t great. It’s boring. Not soothing and peaceful, but boring. Besides, it leaves too much room for my mind to wander.

I was just starting to think I was getting more cheerful, when I began my scarf and thought of this ‘joke’: “My grief counselor died the other day. I’m not even sad because he was so good at his job.” That’s messed-up.

Seems typical I thought of it.

I’m going to try gymnastics. Kaymi likes it, so I’ll give it a shot.

~Corinna 




May 10th


Dear Mimi,

Gymnastics sucks.

It’s just jumping around, right? Shouldn’t be that hard?

Think again, great-grandma.

The people on TV are these slim athletes who have literally twisted their bodies into a form where they twist their bodies. Springing backwards isn’t right. Doing a backbend? Even worse.

I got hurt during warm-up.

I got hurt doing the main class.

I got hurt doing ‘cool off’.

And worse? Dad paid for five classes, and I have to attend all of them.


About twisting bodies: another thought.

When humans walk barefoot, you stroll toes first. People will argue with that, but that’s our natural stance. Mostly we just place our foot down flat, but often you can see how the top of our foot touch down first.

When we walk with shoes on, we do heel-first. It’s unnatural but the plastic and fabric we call shoes makes us do it. Weird, right? Let’s add to the list: humans cause the three Ds, plus change to how we walk.

What’s next? How we breathe?

I now realize how painstakingly true that is. Do you hold your breath when you walk past busses that are on? All those fumes are nasty. I bet in 500 years, if we haven’t died off, we’ll literally need masks to filter the air.

Here’s another thought: stand barefoot on your tiptoes. Steady. It’s amazing, right? All those tiny foot bones, held together by your skin, hold up the support of hundreds of pounds.

I bet in a while we won’t be able to do it.

I don’t know, I just do.

Have I mentioned the human race sucks?

~Corinna 





May 23rd


Dear Mimi,

I’ve found a hobby!

Writing!

Writing is amazing. It lets me pour all of my feelings into words. I can create places and people, and reading is equally great.

Writing and reading, I can venture into new worlds.

Happy places.

It’s amazing.

I’m not great at writing, but maybe I’ll finally start paying attention to Meena. I’ll get better, and you know what?

I’m starting a novel!

Can you believe that? I, Corinna, am writing a book!

Wish me luck, Mimi!

~Corinna 





June 1st


Dear Mimi,

I WANT TO KILL CASSANDRA!

She just said that all these letters I’ve sent go to her.

I was mixed between being mad and sad.

I don’t want her reading these letters!

When I conveyed those emotions, she said she’d lied. All these letters go straight to your mailbox. She just wanted to see if I cared.

I did.

She says her work is done. I guess I’ve been telling you, Mimi, stuff I would never have told her. Cass says that’s the whole point—to find somebody to talk freely to.

And you’re that person.

I want to say one more thing. All those months ago I write a letter about how I’m powerless in this huge universe. Even on Earth, Corinna Fairmont, is one puny teenager in seven billion.

But I’ve been thinking.

And not my normal kind of thinking.

Happy thinking.

Because I think of it as I’m puny, but all seven billions people are powerful. I’m small in something big. 

But, you know?

Seven billion people is made up of seven billion individual beings.

‘Big’ is made up of lots of small.

While taking away one person—like, me—from all those billions doesn’t seem that much, if you do it over and over again, taking billions of Corinnas away, that’s a drastic difference.

I guess everybody has power.

A little bit, but power. 

And it all adds up.

Another thing I said in the beginning: life is pointless. Everything is temporary. All of that is still true, but in a different way. Life is pointless, but that just lets us carve out our own meaning. Some people try to complete stuff that lands them in history books. Others want to create things people will enjoy. But all of us try to have fun,

That’s the meaning. Having a good time.

After these six months, I, one small but powerful person in seven billion, have changed writing to you. It’s been…good. I feel happier. Since starting writing, I’ve gotten those bursts of happiness. I’m going to write a novel that people will read for centuries.

So thank you, Mimi.

Thank you for listening.

~Corinna 



September 06, 2020 19:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

491 comments

19:23 Sep 06, 2020

This story was VERY different from what I normally write. Normally I have cheerfuly stories and while the end of this was uplifting, the whole tone was kinda sad. I’m going out on a limb here from my normal writing style, so I hope you guys like it! This story actually only took me two hours, and it was easier to write than most stories. Because I just had to write in letter format. Oh, and this story contains a looot of stuff from my life, just made darker. I often think those thoughts (but happier), the Tree of Kindness happened in prescho...

Reply

Lysandre S
18:18 Sep 08, 2020

I can barely tell that you don't write like this. It was so good!

Reply

19:42 Sep 08, 2020

Thank you so much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
04:28 Sep 10, 2020

What's a relatable moment ? When you walk into a kitchen to get apples but then you see hot chocolate and marshmallows outside so you grab the hot chocolate go to your room and chill with Netflix. Then your mom says : did you have your daily fruit? Then you be like : Ohh shoot. Facepalm!!😅😂😂 Best prank ever ? So.... hmm.. I took a handkerchief and put some baby powder inside then I folded it up and carried it in my hand I call my best friend to go out for a walIk she said yes, unsuspecting. I told my best friend and she has so...

Reply

12:30 Sep 10, 2020

Yessssss! Like yesterday I went downstairs for some water, and I ended up eating way too many brownies. OOP Noiiiiiiice!

Reply

Sia S
12:49 Sep 10, 2020

Lolllll, same here ! Except that it was cookies. 🍪🍪 Btw Rainbow, I saw a real one yesterday!!🌈🌈

Reply

12:50 Sep 10, 2020

Ooooh noice!

Reply

Sia S
12:56 Sep 10, 2020

Yeeeeeet Yup!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sia S
12:57 Sep 10, 2020

btw i know that you probably don't know this.... but do you read Dork Diaries ?

Reply

15:06 Sep 10, 2020

Nope

Reply

Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
16:05 Sep 12, 2020

Oh, I read that series,. just upvotin lol

Reply

Show 1 reply
The Daltons
00:58 Oct 12, 2020

I love Dork Diaries! Love them and have all of the series

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 3 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
19:28 Sep 06, 2020

Firsttttt! This story was very heartwarming but also sad! It was different then what you normally write, but it was still very awesome! Some parts of this were very deep and kinda intense and I liked that because you don't really write like that normally.

Reply

21:26 Sep 06, 2020

Yeaaaaah exactly! This was definitely different than what I normally write, as I said in a comment. I’m trying new things, hehe! Glad you liked it, thanks!

Reply

22:31 Sep 06, 2020

Of course!

Reply

23:50 Sep 06, 2020

Hey, Blair! Okay, the fun fact in your bio is soooo true, lol. I tried for a while and finally found out you sound American if you do this: *slaps knee* “Good eye. Might I interest you in a chicken?” As long as you pause for the same amount of time at the period as you do at the comma in ‘Good eye, might’, it’s the exact same thing...just sounds different with the words sourrounding it. Okay, so, yeah! Love your fun facts, have a good day!

Reply

16:38 Sep 09, 2020

Oopsss, I thought I responded to this.. Thank you!! WOWSA! You cracked the code!!!! I just tried that and your totally right. Thank you! Oh, and I have a question! Do you think I could maybe do something similar to your 🅦🅡🅘🅣🅘🅝🅖 🅐🅓🅥🅘🅒🅔+ 🅜🅔🅜🅔🅢+ 🅠🅤🅞🅣🅔🅢 = 🅣🅗🅘🅢 ‘🅠🅤🅘🅩’! thingy? I would give you credit and not make it super close to yours. If not let me know (and if I can also let me know) Thanks!!!

Reply

16:56 Sep 09, 2020

Hehe, thanks! Oh, yeah, you can totally do something like that! Tell me when it’s out so I can take it :D

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
04:32 Sep 11, 2020

I need colour quessssststtttttt

Reply

11:59 Sep 11, 2020

EEEEEEE SORRRRRRRRRY I WIIILL GET IT OUT IN 5 DAYSSSSSSSSSS

Reply

Sia S
13:07 Sep 11, 2020

Noooooooooooo

Reply

13:16 Sep 11, 2020

Hehehehehe

Reply

Sia S
13:55 Sep 11, 2020

Urm Urmmm Urmmmmmmmmmmm Booooorrrreeeeddd

Reply

14:27 Sep 11, 2020

Do you have school?!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
14:40 Sep 10, 2020

Relatable thing that happened to me: Once I was in class and I was like "WHERE THE HECK IS MY PENCIL" and I looked for like 2 minutes straight, under my desk, everywhere. I come back up to look in my hand and see it there. NO joke. And-One time I was in class, it was like my first day but everybody's second week or something like that cause I was on vacay, and we took a test and I didn't know how to hand it in so I waited for someone else to finish hehe

Reply

15:24 Sep 10, 2020

Love it all :D Both have happened to me before lol You’ll be in the quiiiiiiz!

Reply

Amany Sayed
15:29 Sep 10, 2020

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy How was skool? Also, I'm making a part 2 to the quiz(ish) thing I made yesterday, you want me to give it to you when it's done?

Reply

15:36 Sep 10, 2020

Urm...urm...check my previous comment. I’m freaking out right now. I’m supposed to be in class but I can’t GET to class. See, as I’ve told you, I’m completely skipping _ grade math. But they didn’t update my schedule until this morning, and the teacher didn’t know, soooo I don’t have the link to get to class. URM URM URM AHHHHH *deep breath* yeah but Reedsy makes me feel better sooooooooooo. Sup YUP

Reply

Amany Sayed
15:40 Sep 10, 2020

OH NO AHHHHHHHHHHH It's gon be okay..........

Reply

16:34 Sep 10, 2020

Yup it turned out fine... BUT NOW A NEW PROBLEM IS ARIIIIIISING lol. But this time, we’re working on it half an hour before E block starts! So yeaaaaah ignore all this...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
15:57 Sep 10, 2020

https://forms.gle/u17CPcP7jdccYriH8

Reply

16:34 Sep 10, 2020

NOICE

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
04:20 Sep 11, 2020

Did you hear about the pasta chef who died? He pasta away. We cannoli do so much. His legacy will become a pizza history. Here today, gone tomato. How sad that Joe ran outta thyme. Sending olive my love to Joe's family. His wife is really upset, cheese still not over it. You never sausage such a thing. R'Amen XDXDXD

Reply

11:55 Sep 11, 2020

Yessssss I love it that’s why I put it in DCs two days ago 😝

Reply

Sia S
13:07 Sep 11, 2020

Yaaassssss

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kaitlyn James
03:52 Oct 15, 2020

Ahh the puns. Theyr'e so punny. I'm cringy I know.

Reply

12:11 Oct 15, 2020

Lol I say that so much 😂

Reply

Kaitlyn James
13:09 Oct 15, 2020

lol

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sia S
04:19 Oct 15, 2020

Haha lolllp

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 2 replies
Sia S
03:30 Sep 07, 2020

Woah! That was so deep ! A really good job, maybe you could have told a lil more about Cass bit still deep.

Reply

12:08 Sep 07, 2020

Thanks!

Reply

Sia S
13:43 Sep 07, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
11:20 Sep 12, 2020

hey Aerin! I was wondering if maybe I could try a story in that similar structure!?

Reply

13:21 Sep 12, 2020

Erm sure! Letter format is up for grabs. As long as you don’t use the same character, tone, or LETTER-STUFF (why she’s sending, that the person on the other side is an old grandma wh9 doesn’t even resd the letters, etc) then sureee!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Hriday Saboo
04:52 Sep 10, 2020

Hey Aerin just gave you a bit o’ a boost. I will give you more points afterwards. As my school is going on and I am getting bored 😐

Reply

12:32 Sep 10, 2020

Thanks! I just upvoted you, too!

Reply

Hriday Saboo
12:40 Sep 10, 2020

Thanks

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Hriday Saboo
07:58 Sep 09, 2020

Hey hey hey aerin hows "online school" going? You know that our online schools in india have started from june Hope its going well and ur doin' pretty good on the 1st position in the leaderboard

Reply

11:41 Sep 09, 2020

Hey, Hriday! Good! Wow, really? Cool. You too! Thanks!

Reply

Hriday Saboo
11:46 Sep 09, 2020

Yeah really. Welcome

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
09:26 Sep 08, 2020

Aerinnnnnnnnnnn I'm boredddddd vbdjfdghovfrdry57ftuty8gyuftdtufhihjojjjfutxdfsdtustygoijoplnjkftuftufhkjl Kphghxeraerxhg86, please don't mind dat. Hcugoftufy7fyufyigyiguoyf57 , and this.

Reply

11:11 Sep 08, 2020

Wow Erm Srkehcvbsdkkufvhskjdfhghvhzhvh&b to you too, Sis!

Reply

Sia S
12:58 Sep 08, 2020

Hehe Vhfycfyfhibjlnk Mklhiyfy7giubkhgyufyigiytjhvugfyu, have a good day/night/afternoon/evening !

Reply

13:09 Sep 08, 2020

Thaaanks! You toooo

Reply

Sia S
14:43 Sep 08, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

This was so cute!!!! It was really heartwarming, you did a fantastic jobbbbbbb.

Reply

00:43 Sep 08, 2020

Thank youuu!

Reply

You're welcome. :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
04:58 Sep 09, 2020

How was the 1st day of "online" school Rainbow? 🌈 🌈

Reply

11:38 Sep 09, 2020

Thanks for asking! Urm, it was good! I was on video calls literally all day—except for 50-minute lunch, and a 50-minute block of time I got to complete a module. But. MY SCHOOL IPAD IS THE GLITCHIEST THING IN THE HISTORY OF GLITCH, soooo the WiFi didn’t work (do you know what Global Protect is? Blasted global protect) and I couldn’t do anything. BUT, it’s and lol moment (no 😭😭😭😭) because I can always do it later. That’s the good part about digital school: The teachers understand tech problems, so if something like that happens, I get extra t...

Reply

Sia S
11:59 Sep 09, 2020

You get 50 minutes breakssss Whatttttttt we get a freakin' 10 minute break in which our teachers suck that out too so we only get 3 mins to relax!! Ohh same here , even my pad glitches a lot. I think..... My mom teaches global perspective ( a mixture of science, geog. History .etc. I dunno much. Ohh ya we get excused cuz of "network issues" again and again. But, nowadays its just a excuse to not attend. 😏. Not that I do it. My school started in 1st June 😭😭.

Reply

12:05 Sep 09, 2020

Oh dang sorrrry! Yeah we get 50 minutes in total to take a walk, eat lunch, etc. Its nice. Yup. Nooo, not the same thing, lol! It would take too long to explain but GLOBAL PROTECT IS THE WORST. Hehe, okay. Alriiiight

Reply

Sia S
13:24 Sep 09, 2020

Ohhhhh, but still, way better than what we have!! Ohhkay !

Reply

Show 0 replies
Keerththan 😀
08:57 Sep 11, 2020

Sorry to poke in. But, in my country they give only 20 minutes break and 25 minutes for lunch. You are so lucky 😭😭😭

Reply

12:01 Sep 11, 2020

Technically I only get five more minutes, lol. But...erm....thanks? I’m sorry? What do I say to that????

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sapphire 🌼
18:01 Sep 07, 2020

Aaaaaah this was so sad but amazing at the same time! Love how you stepped outta your comfort zone! I guess we all feel like Corinna sometimes (I know I do). I also thought it was cool how you added in some aspects from your life into your story! Happy Writing! - Me✌

Reply

18:02 Sep 07, 2020

Thank you!

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
18:05 Sep 07, 2020

wow that was a fast reply...sorry jus didnt expect it! Are people on here 24/7 or something? idk I'm a new kid.

Reply

18:05 Sep 07, 2020

Hmm, well, I’m on a LOT. You get kinda obsessed with REEDSY....

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sapphire 🌼
18:07 Sep 07, 2020

well cya!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
22:40 Sep 06, 2020

Awww, I loved this! Great job in getting out of your comfort zone! Keep writing Aerin(or should I say rainbow?), you're great at it! :D

Reply

22:52 Sep 06, 2020

Eee, thanks! You too!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
B. W.
23:30 Sep 17, 2020

Aerin? whenever you stop doing things on this one, you'd tell us your other account right? i'm starting to think the person im talking to isn't your thing and i'm worried that i won't be able to talk to you again or find you when ya do if it isnt you, you should maybe know who im talking about if it is ya. You mentioned something about the account and something about a quiz but i honestly don't know what it was about and i'm just worried.

Reply

23:42 Sep 17, 2020

Oh, yeah, duh! But I’m fairly sure you already know my other account...😉 I ❤️ my new accountttttt...it’s fun.

Reply

B. W.
23:44 Sep 17, 2020

Well now its half and half that i think i do and i don't think i do, either your just good at acting i guess and your doing that for some reason or its completely someone else. Though i'm glad you will and i'm glad its fun ^^

Reply

23:47 Sep 17, 2020

You def do...I’ll follow you again just in case :D

Reply

B. W.
23:51 Sep 17, 2020

oh yay ^^ i know ya said its fun but i'm still sorry for all the down-voting and your stories not being in the stuff, i bet it'll work out fine in the newer one

Reply

00:38 Sep 18, 2020

Hopefully :D

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
01:04 Sep 18, 2020

Another reason is because i guess i met one a little while ago and its kinda getting me mad

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Lilliane Wei
23:48 Sep 16, 2020

Hey, Aerin. Saw your bio, and I just pulled together this one question quiz to ask about your name, could you take it please? https://forms.gle/afjU7etHY6m6fQvx5 -Whirl

Reply

01:05 Sep 17, 2020

Yesss I’ll take it!

Reply

Lilliane Wei
04:24 Sep 17, 2020

Aerin, your link you gave me was for the quiz itself 🤣🤣🤣. Can you paste it again? Also, I upvoted you a bit, sorry to hear you lost a bunch of points🙁.

Reply

11:57 Sep 17, 2020

Nwdihfwieurwer oof, sorry! I tried to paste the link but the last thing I copied but the quiz’s link...stupid me. Sure! Also, thanksssssss! I’ll upvote you with meh new account :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Lulu Lemon
22:23 Sep 10, 2020

Hi! I am bored so I am going to answer your many questions: a) FUNNY #relatable moments Almost all the teen things b) FUNNY experiences c) FUNNY shower thoughts- If I punch myself and it hurts, am I weak or strong What came first the chicken or the egg... How do AirPlanes fly... If cinderellas shoe fit perfectly, then why did it fall off?? d) or anything else FUNNY My life Oof I just roasted myself Any funny experiences? A lotttttttt 2. Random thoughts? How was everything created? How did people know how to make cell...

Reply

22:57 Sep 10, 2020

Gosh thanks this makes me less bored...seriously tho I love that. Your random sentence rocks....here’s mine: ‘ If iPads grew wings, the Big Bang couldn’t have typed because Math finally found his X (we all searched for them two short....)’ lol. Thanks! Also...I actually mean any jokes or riddle to share, lol. ALSO also, would you mind including a funny experience instead of just saying a lot, pleeeeeease??? I need more things to include in the ‘quiz’, lol. SO MANY LOLS GOSH I’M INSANE *LOL*

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amaya .
15:36 Sep 10, 2020

just wanted to ask...how did you publish Color Quest?

Reply

15:37 Sep 10, 2020

Well, I’ll be self-publishing it in a week! Using KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) , I can publish any novels to be available on Amazon. Look KDP up! It rocks!

Reply

Amaya .
16:40 Sep 10, 2020

woah, you answered FAST. I appreciate that! So basically, you self published using kindle direct publishing? Does that mean people can read your books on kindles?

Reply

16:42 Sep 10, 2020

Yep! Well, I can publish CQ as an ebook, as a paperback, or both.

Reply

Amaya .
16:51 Sep 10, 2020

woah...that's really cool! I have another question (sorry I'm bugging you so much lol) but do you think Color Quest will get to book stores? Also, this is not about publishing, but more about the actual writing. How did you plan everything out, so that it made sense and there weren't many plot holes? How did you decide that this was the idea that you would be glad to work on for a year or more? And also, how did you motivate yourself to keep going with the book? How long did it take to write? How long did it take to edit? Are you nervous abo...

Reply

16:53 Sep 10, 2020

Wow, there are a lot of questions to answer. I have to go back to school in 5 minutes, so I’ll reply later!!

Reply

Show 2 replies
22:17 Sep 10, 2020

Lemme answer! 1. Hmm, I don’t know. I don’t think so, because there are millions of books on Amazon and only relatively popular ones make it into book stores. Self-published books only make it to libraries if they’re fairly famous, so I doubt CQ’ll be in book stores 🙃 BUT HEY! Amazon and eBooks sell way more books than traditional stories. Which is sad, but good in this case.... 2. Hmm, well, that’s called the wonder of editing. I, personally, plan a LOT, so I made sure CQ made sense. My editor, Sarah Freeman, caught some stuff, as did I, ...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Skyler Grey
15:27 Sep 10, 2020

so funny story... ur moms insta came up in my recommended feed LOL. i recognized ur dog. you write extremely well for a girl your age, and i can't believe you are the top of the leaderboard, no offense. gives me hope because i am also ** years old. lets be friends, lol. wow two lols, im very awkward today. doesnt online school suck? im going today 1st day at 8:45 my time.

Reply

15:34 Sep 10, 2020

WOOOAH, SERIOUSLY? Huge coincidence. Thanks! Yeaaah! Hehe OMG, YES. See, the only reason I’m here right now is because of this big mistake. I never got a link for C block, and everything us going haywire. I am high-key freaking out as I write these words because I’m supposed to be in class...but all I can do is wait for my teacher to give me the link. ARRRRRGHHSDKJBXHCHKJH Reedsy is meh happy place so I came here to calm down :D

Reply

Skyler Grey
15:45 Sep 10, 2020

im in school rn lol im a slacker nervoulsy waiting for word on the contestttttttttt

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.