One Sucky Christmas Day... (Lyra's POV)

Submitted into Contest #73 in response to: Write about someone who gets proposed to five times on Christmas Eve.... view prompt

597 comments

Romance LGBTQ+ Christmas

“There! All done!” my little brother - Adryan - screamed, his arms above his head in a jumping jack position. In front of him, the lights of my mother’s Christmas tree twinkled red and green.

A loud, shrill beep came from the kitchen, and the mouthwatering smell of candy-cane cookies filled the air. My mom rushed into the kitchen, a grin on her face. We all followed her, ready to help her whenever she asked.

“Lyra, when did Marcia say she was coming?” Mom said. She took the cookies out of the oven and put them on a separate platter.

I glanced at my phone and looked out the window. “She’s coming soon, okay? Nobody’s arrived yet, so it’s fine.”

I ran to the window and pressed my hands to the glass because I wanted to see the snow float in the air. The snowflakes caressed the window and accumulated on the bushes like dust.

Headlights blinded me as they came closer to our home. I looked away for a second and skipped to the door, a smile on my face.

“Marcia’s here!”

I threw the door open but stopped it before it slammed into the wall. The taxi Marcia had taken was stopped in the driveway, which Adryan and I had cleared beforehand. Marcia stepped out and paid the driver. They backed out of the driveway and left.

Marcia, her neck covered by a coat and the most beautiful gold scarf I’ve ever seen, ran up the pathway, her mouth curved into a grin. White smoke emitted from her mouth as she jumped up the stairs. I opened the door and hugged her tightly. The sounds of our laughs mixed.

“Hi, how are you?” she asked and pulled away.

I held onto her, my candy cane pajamas tickled my skin, and exclaimed, “Check out the tree! It looks so good!”

Marcia looked behind me, and I backed out of the doorway, letting her come inside. She took off her boots and shook off the snow, and we walked arm-in-arm to the Christmas tree. As she marveled over the star and the pretty colors, I stared at the present with her name on it.

“Hey, anyone home?” a voice came from the door, and it creaked open.

I turned and saw John standing in the doorway, a huge grin on his face. “Merry Christmas!”

We avoided each other’s eyes, and I crossed my arms as Marcia ran up to him and hugged him. He turned red and his eyes widened. He hugged her back, a huge grin on his face.

I knew he liked Marcia, and he was so obvious about it too! It’s a bit surprising that Marcia didn’t know about his crush.

Once John let go of Marcia, he said, “I-I meant besides these two gremlins!”

We both laughed, and just to make Marcia happy, I copied her actions and smacked John’s arm. As I did, John glared at me.

“Hey, Marcia, u-um… can I talk to you about something?” John asked and scratched his chin.

Marcia stared at me, her eyebrows raised, and I glanced away, my eyes wide. They burned with tears that threatened to spill from my eyelids if I didn’t run away. I backed up away from them and ran into the kitchen.

Paper towels on the marble counter caught my attention. I grabbed them and blotted my eyes with the rough towels.

Adryan gave me a curious look, his eyebrows furrowed at me, but I avoided his eyes, as I didn’t want to have to explain myself.

I envied John. He had the confidence to confess his feelings to Marcia, but I could never do that. If Marcia said she didn’t feel the same… I don’t know what I’d do. I wouldn’t be able to face her anymore.

I grabbed three cups of eggnog - two for me, one for Marcia - “C’mon, Marcy! Have some eggnog! I spiked it with extra scotch!”

“Woah, there, take it easy! What’s that, your fifteenth cup? You gotta calm down, Ly!” Tom exclaimed.

“Excuse me,” - I took a sip and let the foam bubble up against my top lip - “This is actually my first! I’m not an alcoholic, you know.”

Tom laughed his throaty laugh and took off his coat. “Seems pretty close though.”

I rolled my eyes and drank more as Marcia ran up to Tom and yelled, “Tommy! Come here and give me a hug!”

Their hug lasted about a minute and 50 seconds, as I counted in my head. I could see Marcia get uncomfortable in his grasp, but I said nothing. I wish I could.

“How’s lawyer stuff?” she asked.

“Ugh, hard,” Tom said. He let go of her and smacked John’s arm. Marcia turned to me and grabbed her cup of eggnog, just as I finished my second cup.

Tom tapped Marcia’s shoulder. “Hey, Marcia, can I talk to you?”

I sighed and shook my head. Why did Tom have to be so formal about his confession? It wasn’t like it would affect their lives that much. They would still be friends. But… if Marcia said yes…

She’d always spoken about how good-looking Tom was.

I reached for another cup of eggnog, and with nobody there to stop me, finished the third glass.

Marcia didn’t understand that Tom and John would never really be my friends. They didn’t care about me at all, and it wasn’t like I cared. The only thing they cared about was Marcia.

My mom beckoned me over and I walked over to where she sat on the couch. An enormous platter of cookies was on the table, and I took one. Mom smiled at me. The wrinkles and dips around her nose and mouth deepened. She still looked prettier than ever, even though her old age had caught up to her.

“What’s wrong?”

Mom pointed behind me, and I looked back to see Marcia standing with Adryan. He puckered his lips dramatically at her, and I snorted. Cookie crumbs and pieces of candy cane almost burst out of my mouth.

I set my cookie down. “Defend my cookie, Mom. Make sure none of these germs,” - I looked around the boys - “touch it, ‘kay?”

She bobbed her head up and down, her eyebrows furrowed. “Roger that.”

I laughed at her and ran to where Adryan stood. I lunged for his shoulders and dug my nails deep into them.

“Stop bothering her, boy!” I kicked his back, and he laughed.

Marcia smiled at me. That smile suddenly turned to a frown. “Ly, did you know that the boys were… in love with me?”

I avoided her eyes and bit my lip. “Y-yeah…”

“Well,” - she grinned and took a huge sip of eggnog - “I just gotta say thank you for not telling me ‘cause this night was horrible. Like, REALLY horrible.”

I smiled at her and slithered my arm around her shoulder. I could feel the dirty looks that John and Tom gave me, but I ignored them.

“I’m so happy that you’re not proposing. That’d be too much.”

I could feel the tears again. They burned the corners of my eyes, and I rushed up to my room before Marcia could say anything more.

She ran up the stairs behind me, and I jumped into my bed, grabbed the seam of my blanket, and pulled it over my head.

“Ly? You okay?”

I peeked through a hole in my blanket. Marcia stood awkwardly in the doorway, her hand wrapped around the frame.

“You could sit here,” I said and patted my bed.

She nodded and sat next to me.

“Marcy… I- I dunno how to tell you this....” I hesitated and took the blanket off my head.

“Let me guess, you wanna marry me, you’ve been madly in love with me, blah blah blah,” she said, her arms behind her on my bed.

My eyes narrowed at her and icy tears dripped from my chin onto my bed, opposing the burning temperature of my face.

The door to my room creaked open, and I raised my head to see Mom. “Girls, I propose we listen to something other than Mariah Carey? She gets enough money every Christmas anyway- oh, I’m sorry!”

She left the room and closed the door behind her.

“I- I’m really sorry, Ly.”

That was all she could say. Tears dripped faster onto my sheets and I tried to keep my cool because it wasn’t her fault. I knew that. But I also knew I could never compare to Tom or John.

“Lyra, I think I know what you were going to say,” Marcia said again.

I shook my head, wiping my eyes with my sheets. But I couldn’t contain the sobs that tumbled from my lips. Marcia held up a hand to stop me, her arms around my shoulders.

“I’m free on Thursday… wanna do it then??”

I gasped and looked up at her. “Do what?”

“Uh… go on a date with me!” Marcia exclaimed. “Duh, silly!”

I laughed too, hiccups from my shaking body mixed with them.




Dedicated to Luke/Litlover, who I collabbed with on this story! :D

December 18, 2020 20:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

597 comments

B. W.
18:39 Dec 24, 2020

heyyy

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
04:27 Dec 26, 2020

Hiiiii! What's up? Merry Christmas! Hope you had/have a good one!

Reply

B. W.
04:39 Dec 26, 2020

I did ^^ and im still working on the novel, I'm on chapter 16 at the moment.

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
04:42 Dec 26, 2020

That's great! Ooh, nice! I'm only on chapter 3, but I don't know how to get motivated, lol.

Reply

B. W.
04:43 Dec 26, 2020

I've literally started it like 2 or 3 weeks ago and I'm already there

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
19:27 Dec 26, 2020

That's so lucky!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
22:53 Dec 23, 2020

I found a downvoter.

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
04:30 Dec 26, 2020

Ohmigosh, who?!

Reply

B. W.
04:40 Dec 26, 2020

It disappeared again though im sure itll come up again, though her name is Jane Plane. She and the other ones are kind of targeting me a lot and some of the others.

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
04:43 Dec 26, 2020

Oof, I could try to find her but idk how... Yeah, I've been getting downvoted a lot lately :/

Reply

B. W.
04:44 Dec 26, 2020

It might show up later again?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
19:28 Dec 26, 2020

Maybe

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
✨Abby ✨
21:30 Dec 22, 2020

Heyyyy. I'm bored. Wanna play a game? So basically we try to guess some features of the other person and see how many we get right

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
03:21 Dec 23, 2020

Sure! Kylie and I played this when we were at her 'wedding,' so sure! :)

Reply

✨Abby ✨
05:18 Dec 23, 2020

Ok cool! You wanna guess me first?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
13:23 Dec 23, 2020

Uh... sure. I think your hair is brown with some kind of color (for the tips?), brown eyes, glasses, freckles, and I think you put your hair mostly down. How many did I get right? :P

Reply

✨Abby ✨
17:33 Dec 23, 2020

Yes my hair is brown with blonde tips currently but I always dye it some color, I have brown eyes, no glasses, I do have freckles, and I always wear my hair up. Now for you I think you have either dark brown or black hair Dark eyes Glasses Maybe a little freckles And hair mostly down

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:49 Dec 23, 2020

Ooh, nice! Okay, yeah, except in the sunlight my hair turns light brown/blonde for some reason lol. Yes! Dark brown eyes, I have those, nobody can see my pupils. I have glasses, yeah, guilty as charged. I don't have any freckles actually, which is sad. Oh, I wear my hair mostly up too :) but now I do sometimes wear it down (right after I wash it) so yeah.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Raquel Rodriguez
17:15 Dec 22, 2020

o h i t ' s o n Lollllll good job gurl

Reply

Thank yaaa I’ e got an idea of who’s next....

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
17:43 Dec 22, 2020

I've done 4 today, hbu?

Reply

6! I was spamming those upvokessssss

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:02 Dec 22, 2020

Hahahaha, well now I did seven lol

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

I WANNA BE IN CHIRSTMAS SPIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
21:31 Dec 21, 2020

Gurlllll Oof, idk. I don't want too many people to be involved... but maybeeee

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
22:10 Dec 21, 2020

Okay, fineeee I'll let you be in it ;)

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
22:13 Dec 21, 2020

:P You have to do random upvotes for people every day without letting them know (until midnight on Christmas)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Hahahahaaaa- Okay, I love how you collabbed with Luke, and made this soooo funny 😆 🥳

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
23:27 Dec 20, 2020

Thank you so much! It was so fun to collab, lol. I'm happy you thought it was funny! :)

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
00:04 Dec 21, 2020

Lmao ;)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Izzie Chan
14:23 Dec 19, 2020

Hey rocky! It’s so cool that you collaborated with another Reedsy author on this story! I absolutely love the LGBTQ+ representation! ✨✨✨ Lol, Marcia really got confessed to by four different people. What a weird way to celebrate Christmas lmao Like always, amazing story, rocky! I finally submitted one yesterday after MONTHS, but yay lol! Would you mind checking it out?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
15:52 Dec 19, 2020

Thanks! Yeah, this is my first collab, and probably one of my favorite stories, lol. Yeah. Although Adryan's was fake, lol. Honestly, Marcia's living the life (jk not really, that's horrible) :P Thank you so much! Of course I will!

Reply

Izzie Chan
16:06 Dec 19, 2020

Yeah, the ending was so nice! Seriously though, what Hallmark movie is Marcia in lmao

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:41 Dec 19, 2020

Lollll

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Angel {Readsy}
15:13 Apr 20, 2021

Well done, I can not even imagine how much imaginative you are

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
12:39 Apr 26, 2021

Thank you so much! I really liked writing this story, lol.

Reply

Angel {Readsy}
15:59 Apr 26, 2021

Yeah happy fairy sprinkle dust is on the story that's what it is cool

Reply

Show 0 replies
Angel {Readsy}
03:28 Apr 28, 2021

I am a nightingale; I read and sing your stories in the flowering garden and all birds, firefly, fairy and flowers are smiling and very thankful to you for writing such an excellent story

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
02:40 May 01, 2021

That's so cute! Lol tysm :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Izzie Chan
16:27 Apr 08, 2021

Hey Rocky! Just upvoted you a bit because I noticed that you're not on the leaderboard anymore :( I'll try to do more, but I have class right now, haha.

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
12:39 Apr 26, 2021

Thank you so much Izzie! Lol yeah class, it's totally fine. Thanks for trying! :D

Reply

Izzie Chan
17:40 Apr 27, 2021

Lol, you're welcome :)

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
02:44 May 01, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
22:48 Mar 31, 2021

hello :) how ya doing?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
12:43 Apr 26, 2021

Hey! Sorry for the late reply, I haven't checked Reedsy in a while (again). I keep doing this- I'm pretty fine, hbu?

Reply

18:58 Apr 26, 2021

lol that's fine :) I'm good too, things have been going pretty well. writing anything?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
02:46 May 01, 2021

That's good! Actually, for once, yeah I'm writing something lol. What about you?

Reply

19:50 May 01, 2021

:) yay! :D yes, I'm writing multiple things XD

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
13:40 May 17, 2021

That's good, better than what I'm doing.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
22:05 Mar 26, 2021

Hello! I haven't talked of you before, but I saw your bio and I'm kinda feeling the same way too :/ so.... hi!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
22:20 Mar 26, 2021

Hey! :D Yeah, I think most people feel that way now, I'm kind of surprised these downvoters have enough time to do this when I don't even have enough time to even get on here sometimes :/

Reply

22:21 Mar 26, 2021

yeah :| I saw earlier that you're working on a novel, how's it going? :]

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
22:24 Mar 26, 2021

Um, I've been procrastinating a LOT, so it hasn't really gone anywhere lol.

Reply

22:25 Mar 26, 2021

Me and Saph started one but that hasn't gone anywhere really either lol- Your pfp is so cuteeeeee

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
14:08 Mar 29, 2021

Lol, that sounds a lot like me. Thank you so much! I was looking for a new pfp and when I saw this on pinterest, I saved it! Your pfp is also really cute, I love sunflowers so muchhh!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ari Berri
14:44 Mar 24, 2021

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME A...

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
21:13 Mar 26, 2021

uh- thank you??? lol sorry

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
B. W.
04:01 Mar 07, 2021

Hola

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
01:37 Mar 13, 2021

Heyyy!

Reply

B. W.
03:07 Mar 13, 2021

How are you doing today?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
05:21 Mar 13, 2021

Pretty meh, hbu?

Reply

B. W.
05:31 Mar 13, 2021

I guess I'm fine, though a bit bored and tired :/ have you seen the new prompts?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
21:36 Mar 26, 2021

Yeah this week I have, I like them a lot

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
06:58 Feb 22, 2021

?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:09 Feb 22, 2021

what's wrong?

Reply

B. W.
16:58 Feb 22, 2021

We just haven't talked for a while and you sorta disappeared again for a bit, though how have you been? I kinda have writers block :/

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:59 Feb 22, 2021

Oh, lol. Yeah sorry break made me leave again. Um, I don't know what to do for the reedsy prompts so I've just been trying to keep working on my novel.

Reply

B. W.
17:04 Feb 22, 2021

You're still working on the novel? If ya don't mind me asking, what chapter are you on with it?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:02 Feb 22, 2021

I've been slacking a LOT, lol. So I'm up to chapter 6 or 7 probably-

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Izzie Q.
15:18 Feb 20, 2021

Ahh hi Raquel!! I love your name btw!! you're such an accomplished writer, this is amazing!! you and luke did a FABULOUS job on this story <33 we shoud totally chat more, I was reading your bio and we have a lot in common haha i'd love to exchange questions with you sometime!! hit me up with a comment when you want to <33

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:09 Feb 22, 2021

Hi! Thank you so much, lol. Omg you're making my insides glow, but thank you! I'm glad you think so, I really like this story! I agree! Really? That's cool. Alright, I will! :D

Reply

Izzie Q.
16:22 Feb 22, 2021

Hi!! wanna exchange random questions? I love doing that haha >Pinapple on pizza or no? >Fav dessert? >Would you ever consider getting a tattoo? If you did, what would it have on it? > Favorite article of clothing to wear? >One word to describe space? >Family life? How many siblings do you have :D >How did you get into writing!! AND MAKE IT SO GOOD!!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:30 Feb 22, 2021

Sure! Mm, I've actually never tried pineapple on pizza lol, it sounds good but I probably wouldn't try it. My favorite dessert by far is boba tea <3, it's the bestttt!!! I love the idea of getting a tattoo, so I would probably get like... a feather or heart or something lol. I have this cream crop top I bought from american eagle and I love it so... OR the jeans I bought from Forever 21 lmao. Space like outer space? Um... family life. My parents are divorced, my mom and I fight a lot but we love each other, and I have like 5 half-sibli...

Reply

Izzie Q.
17:20 Feb 22, 2021

> Not a fan of pineapple on pizza! it makes it soggy :( >OMG OMG BOBA TEA IS THE BESSSSSST!!! I also love creme brulee >i'm kinda a wimp haha but if i would get a tattoo it wouldl probably be words around my wrist >Awww cool! I love forever 21 :) I love crop tops, bucket hats, and cardagins >yep, space like outer space! I would ddescribe it as lonely :( >Woah big family!! thats really cool and no worries, i fight with my mom too :( I'm the oldest out of 4 other siblings! >Wowww thats sooo cool!! they are great haha and i guess ever since I...

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:06 Feb 22, 2021

YESSSSS BOBA IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!! I think I would describe space as mysterious! Oof, 4 siblings? That must be quiet some trouble lol. My oldest half-siblings are like 30 something so I don't have to worry about them. Same! I have books everywhere, on the floor, on my desk, they're all over the place. As you can probably guess I'm quite the messy person lol. I am pretty picky with my music, so it consists of a tiny bit of kpop, a lot of spanish music, a lot of pop, hip hop, lofi, etc. One of my favorite songs is 'bright side of the m...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
05:38 Feb 10, 2021

Hey sisssssssssssssw !! Ahhh I'm so excitedddd !! Okayyy! Sooooo *squeals in excitement lmao* I'm doing a reedsy fanfic thing!! Sooo please mention all these categories (if your fine with you being in it) Name: Hair colour (could be anything) : Eye Colour: Power: (im water) Secret Weakness: A secret about your character: How do you want your character to be? Like yourself? : Outfit: Weapon (if any) (im sword): Lemme know quick!!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:21 Feb 22, 2021

Wait um... forgive me but who is you? Lol anyway sure, it sounds awesome! Name: Jasila Hair colour: dark brown (really wavy) with lighter tips Eye colour: honey brown with darker brown flecks Power: mind-reading Secret Weakness: if the person is imagining a curtain over their thought she can't read their minds (it's kinda obvious lol) A secret about your character: she's terribly scared of being alone and in the dark lol How do you want your character to be? Like yourself?: kinda i guess Outfit: um... green camo sweatpants with a black ri...

Reply

Sia S
16:22 Feb 22, 2021

Its Sia sis. Sorry.... Tue story actua already was written. You responded pretty late... btw inleft reedsy a while back but I came on for today. Leavingbtmrw again.

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:24 Feb 22, 2021

Ohhhh yeah lol I checked. It's totally fine. Sorry. Oh, you left Reedsy? :/

Reply

Sia S
16:27 Feb 22, 2021

Yeah... you'd understand if you look up Edward Cullen on reedsy and a couple of other ppl...

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:32 Feb 22, 2021

... Oh gosh, I've missed a lot huh?

Reply

Show 3 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
18:17 Jan 29, 2021

You there?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
19:55 Feb 02, 2021

Yeah sorry, I haven't been on at all oof

Reply

B. W.
21:36 Feb 02, 2021

Eh its fine

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:53 Feb 03, 2021

I have a new story coming out, and even while I wasn't on Reedsy I still made stories for the prompts... but now I have nowhere to post them lol.

Reply

B. W.
20:23 Feb 03, 2021

Ya did? I'll go check it out really soon then ^^

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
04:20 Feb 05, 2021

Lol I don't really know if I should post them... what if they don't get approved?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
01:01 Jan 26, 2021

Heyyyy

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
20:02 Feb 02, 2021

Hey, what's up!

Reply

B. W.
21:36 Feb 02, 2021

Not a lot of stuff I guess, just a bit lonely since nobody seems to be on that much.

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:53 Feb 03, 2021

Yeah, I'm really sorry, I've been so tied up, I'll try to be on more.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
06:36 Jan 23, 2021

I need someone to talk to

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
23:23 Jan 23, 2021

Alright, spill everything. What's up?

Reply

B. W.
03:10 Jan 24, 2021

I just haven't been able to relax or calm down recently from a lot of stuff going on. I kind of need some advice on how to calm down I guess.

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
20:03 Feb 02, 2021

Are you okay? I'm sorry I haven't been here, but just know that I support you every step of the way. Maybe you could just take a walk or lay outside for a bit? That always helps me calm down. Or you could write everything down?

Reply

B. W.
21:38 Feb 02, 2021

Thing is, I may have done something to my foot that we had to go to the doctors, so I don't think I'll be going on for a walk or anything for a little while :/ That's the least of my problems though, I'm not sure if I told you already or not but I kind of have terrible anxiety, and I'm not sure if Music is helping that much.

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:53 Feb 03, 2021

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I hope your foot feels better. When I'm angry I usually listen to screaming music, and when I'm sad either I listen to sad/happy music, depending on my mood. Maybe that helps? I'm really sorry, I think I understand, I have bad anxiety too.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amaya .
01:45 Jan 22, 2021

Hey Raquel, I have a new story out and I was wondering if you could read and leave an honest review :)

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
23:24 Jan 23, 2021

Oh, I'm sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on for a while, but sure!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.