74 comments

Mystery Adventure Drama

Between the hail and the rain, I was okay where I was. In this warm room, seeing the streaming sunlight that comes regardless of clouds; I was content to watch the ever-changing picture that is the world beyond mine. The newly washed roofs gleam as brightly as mirrors, the blossom tenacious on the branches that dance. It was a rainy day, one for the books, tea mugs and cozy socks. But in another side, I remembered my friend who died just a year ago on this same day. Rain has always been my calming sound.

When I was little my mother would play rain sounds to lull me to sleep. But now, it was another thing, this sudden ominous dark clouds after days of relentless heat and spotless blue skies, this darkness suffocating my body like a damp, musty, thick blanket, clinging to every inch of my pale skin. This child who was always alone in the dark came to me again.

I went out on the street for a little walk, I was afraid but I didn't know from what. I began to walk and after sometime I found myself the only person walking along the lonely wet streets. But I wasn't alone. I was always accompanied by the stormy winds, bright lightning and the continuous rain. As a child, I used to welcome rain and even waited for the thunderstorm. I would intentionally make myself wet and used to enjoy the wet breeze passing her by. But today, neither was I enjoying nor did I have any wish to get myself wet.

Suddenly it started to pour. Within moments, the entire place came into the grasp of darkness and the black clouds began to roar. Even the sun seemed too scared to wait for the moon to appear and the hid itself before its time. As for me, I decided to walk home as it was quite impossible to locate any means of transport, especially bus, in this terrible weather. It was getting even darker and she began to feel so alone.

The heavy raindrops appeared like sharp spears dropping down from the sky and would penetrate anything on their way towards the earth. I wasn't an exception as it seemed like my umbrella would be torn down by those sharp spears. The furious wind on the other hand, seemed to blow the umbrella away from her. I felt helpless and trapped in the middle of a catastrophe.

I realized it was not going to be easy for me to return home like any other rainy day. I felt that my umbrella wasn’t a fine protective device to defend myself from this weather.

Just when I was trying to fight the unfavourable situation, I noticed something anormal. A silhouette appeared out of nowhere.

“Hey wait”, I shouted and ran to stop it. “Please wait”, I screamed to the top of my voice waving one hand while running after it. I ran as fast as I could. And suddenly, it disappeared.

“I miss you, didn't you?”, came the gentle voice of a girl from behind me. Deserted on the streets in the rain wouldn’t complete a horror story but the sudden appearance of an unexpected guest from nowhere would not only complete it but definitely make it a perfect one. But I didn’t want to add flavor to her series of unfortunate events by introducing herself to any unknown mysterious thing. I grasped my umbrella tightly and began to walk briskly.

I even didn’t feel turning back to see who it was, fearing I might glance upon a horrible looking creature or even a spirit without a proper figure. Out of fear, I wouldn’t stop for anything. But the moment the voice called me by my special name I stopped. Only one person used to call me by that name and that was my childhood best friend Nadua. We used to be always together yet one day everything changed when she died.

I turned back only to see a beautiful young woman of her age standing wet in the rain. Her hairs were brown and were all wet along with the clothes. She was wearing a black top and grey trouser and it seemed like she was on her way to any formal appointment with someone. I felt so excited seeing her that I almost ran towards her. I asked Nadua to come under the umbrella. “I am already wet Nali and I don’t need an umbrella”, said Nadua in a low voice.

Nadua looked right towards the narrow lane. “I have a new home now. You must come and pay me a visit someday” Said Nadua. She took out a piece of newspaper and handed it to me. “Read it please. I hope it will be helpful.” She said.

I didn’t understand any of this. I felt very weird and finally asked Nadua of her new home address. “It’s the North-western Cemetery and mine is the fifth grave to the right. Don’t forget to come. I will be waiting” said Nadua with a smile and faded into thin air. Suddenly, I began to feel senseless. I seemed unable to breathe the air and all body seemed to stop functioning. I thought it must be a nightmare but then I saw my house. I was finally standing before my house. I have made it through all the adversities. But something was terribly wrong.

Before me, stood the charred remains of a beautiful small cottage where I grew up. This cottage, which once was my home, has now turned into the mass of burnt ruins containing pieces of wood, furniture and other materials. I felt very depressed and confused. I held the newspaper piece and read the headline, "A terrible fire devoured the house of Tarrins, which led to the death of Nali, and it was said that the parents were in the market with their son and left their daughter at home. The arsonist was arrested and after ...."

"What? What is that? What that mean? Why?" a lot of questions start to arise in my head......That's why I can see my friend who died......Finally; the heaven......

July 25, 2020 10:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

74 comments

Wolfy 🐺
21:17 Oct 15, 2020

You know when you simply can't rip your eyes from the screen? That's what I was like reading this! I loved it (granted, I love all stories featured in extremely heavy rain for some reason, but this one was one of the best!)

Reply

Imane Sah.
06:36 Oct 16, 2020

Ahhh! Really! Thank you very much You encourage me so much now to write more!!! Umm, I think it was a lot of mistakes or it isn't too important I stopped writing now to amelior my English language than I will return. I have too much ideas in my head but I still poor in English *Grammar and Vocabulary* I hope that you like my stories in future also 😊😊😊

Reply

Wolfy 🐺
12:20 Oct 16, 2020

I have a strange feeling I will... lol good job!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
<inactive> .
10:10 Aug 07, 2020

Long time no see, Imane! The imagery was beautiful and really set the mood for the rest of the story. The ending makes you think like, Why didn't I see that coming? I also loved how you used the newspaper to clarify any doubts. Overall, I LOVED it!! <3 <3 Big hugs!

Reply

Imane Sah.
18:16 Aug 07, 2020

Ohhhh! Thanks a lot I really work hard for my readers.....I always hope that you enjoy my stories....I know that I mad many mistakes and I'm so so sorry😥😥 But I'll try and try!! Thanks again!

Reply

<inactive> .
19:18 Aug 07, 2020

Don't worry about it! You're already improving so much, and I always enjoy your stories!! Big hugs! <3 <3

Reply

Imane Sah.
11:13 Aug 08, 2020

Thanks a lot! 😍😍

Reply

<inactive> .
16:17 Aug 08, 2020

Welcome, anytime!

Reply

Imane Sah.
10:24 Aug 11, 2020

Ummmm! I have a question Can you correct me a text please I have a competition and I'll talk in it

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
May Bhank
04:26 May 13, 2021

I like how you completely flipped this prompt upside down and made it your own. I love it!

Reply

Imane Sah.
20:18 May 13, 2021

hahaha tnnx! I really like writing!! So that wherever i can write, i do it. I stopped this long period because of my school and exams + learning English to write without mistakes. I hope that you'll enjoy my futur writing too!💖💖 😊😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Arwen Dove
06:13 May 10, 2021

This is soo good!

Reply

Imane Sah.
15:29 May 11, 2021

Thank u so much!!!

Reply

Arwen Dove
01:09 May 12, 2021

:) Enjoyed reading!

Reply

Imane Sah.
20:19 May 13, 2021

Glad to hear that 🎉🎉

Reply

Arwen Dove
04:06 May 14, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
21:50 Nov 30, 2020

OMG do you like BTS!!?!?!?! STAY GOLD!!!!! Or is that an Outsiders ref?

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
18:04 Oct 25, 2020

i'll give this a 10/10 :)

Reply

Imane Sah.
12:51 Oct 26, 2020

oh really??? 10/10?? No, it's impossible. There is many mistackes so how can it be 10/10?

Reply

B. W.
16:43 Oct 26, 2020

even if there are some mistakes its easy to change them and its still good in general :)

Reply

Imane Sah.
06:21 Oct 27, 2020

Thank you so much for your comment You really encouraged me to wright more! I stopped writing because of my school and for more focus on my mistakes to don't repeat them again!!! Thanks again! 🥰🥰🥰

Reply

B. W.
06:37 Oct 27, 2020

No problem :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
A Storyteller
18:45 Oct 17, 2020

I love the way you describe rain, it is very descriptive and I can almost feel being there, amazing !!

Reply

Imane Sah.
08:23 Oct 18, 2020

Thanks a lot! Thank you for your comment!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Arham Ishraq
17:28 Oct 10, 2020

Wow! The story this story was so descriptive and I ABSOLUTELY loved it! It was so sad and the ending hit me in the feels. I think you have great potential and as a random person on reedsy, I am absolutely looking forward to your stories!

Reply

Imane Sah.
19:57 Oct 10, 2020

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your comment Yes, I know I didn't want to kill her and it's the first time in my life that I kill one of the characters and especially the principal one.

Reply

Arham Ishraq
01:15 Oct 11, 2020

You got a new follower :)

Reply

Imane Sah.
10:03 Oct 11, 2020

Thanks😊😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Imane Sah.
10:04 Oct 11, 2020

The photo of your profile is for Gun Do you see ANIME??

Reply

Arham Ishraq
14:16 Oct 11, 2020

Yes I watch anime lol

Reply

Imane Sah.
19:34 Oct 11, 2020

oh really NICE So are you an OTAKU??

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Skye Thorne
02:14 Aug 28, 2020

Beautiful writing, especially loved the first few paragraphs. Keep writing!

Reply

Imane Sah.
08:58 Aug 28, 2020

Thanks a lot! 💕💕💕

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Courtney Stuart
23:59 Jul 27, 2020

this was such a lovely story! you did such a beautiful job with your imagery, especially in your first three paragraphs - all of them were so well-written, and it helped to really set the melancholic tone for the rest of your story. i also really liked your ending! overall, really great writing! please keep up the great work! :D

Reply

Imane Sah.
08:30 Jul 28, 2020

Thanks a lot Courtney! I really work hard for this story, I always do that thing-Description in the beginning- because it capture the reader 😘😘🥰🥰

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Hallie Blatz
16:38 Jul 26, 2020

Some parts of this story were confusing but I liked the conclusion. The beginning paragraphs were my favourite, I loved the description!

Reply

Show 0 replies
23:19 Jul 25, 2020

This was amazing, Imane! 👏👏👏 Would you mind checking out my story ‘The World Is Your Playground’ if you have a chance? Thank you! —AERINNN

Reply

Imane Sah.
10:09 Jul 26, 2020

Thanks a lot.... OK, I'll see it! 🌸🌸

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
13:38 Nov 10, 2020

Hii, Imane Sorry to intervene, in this brutal manner, I have a request for you would be kind to give a single glance over the vehicle which my team had been working over months. https://www.instagram.com/p/CHX5VUPBJOp/?igshid=5f72nb3cgg30 Sorry to take your time and If possible like the post.Because this would help team to win

Reply

Imane Sah.
20:08 Nov 10, 2020

yes I did it. Thanks for your comment Waiting for your help in other day...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
07:22 Sep 21, 2020

Hey, Imane would you be kind to watch the first video it's on Harry potter. https://youtu.be/KxfnREWgN14 Sorry for asking your time, I would ready your story

Reply

Show 0 replies
. .
02:37 Sep 02, 2020

Awesome story! I love the ending, like the last puzzle in the puzzle piece. Overall super creative and I really enjoyed it

Reply

Imane Sah.
11:45 Sep 02, 2020

Thank you a lot Sarah! 🥰🥰🥰

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Hallie Blatz
16:37 Jul 26, 2020

Some parts of this story were a little confusing but I really liked the conclusion. I think the beginning paragraphs were my favourite I loved the description!

Reply

Imane Sah.
17:43 Jul 26, 2020

Thanks a lot!! Just to know.... I"m not English and I study too hard to learn this beautiful language! I did many mistakes that it's certain, but I'll try and try very hard to correct it in the future... I entered here just to correct that mistakes that I did. I know that it's hard for you and I'm so sorry for that. I'll do my best.... Thanks again🥰🥰

Reply

Hallie Blatz
19:10 Jul 26, 2020

Hey, that’s all good. I understand, I’m trying to learn another language as well and it’s difficult. You are very brave for sending your work into the world. What is your first language?

Reply

Imane Sah.
19:21 Jul 26, 2020

Thanks you so much.... My first language is arabic. I'm Moroccan😍😍 🤩🤩🤩

Reply

Hallie Blatz
11:38 Jul 27, 2020

That’s really cool!

Reply

Imane Sah.
12:45 Jul 27, 2020

Thanks🥰🥰 You can read also the others stories....

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.