56 comments

Drama Fiction Mystery

Blue

Snow? What?

I wasnโ€™t sure how it could snow. I mean, we were in space! Above the atmosphere, where there were no clouds, and obviously, no oxygen.

But here it was. Snow.

โ€œHow?โ€ I whispered out loud.

My friend Green walked over. โ€œIโ€™m not sure, Bee.โ€

โ€œThat's justโ€ฆโ€

โ€œUnscientific? Impossible? Yep.โ€ Green said.

Green looked over at me, and his eyes sparkled. I had known him for a while, and I hated to say it, but I had a crush on him.

He was perfect. He was kind, and smart, and strong. He was loyal, and he would never stab me in the back, unlike some people here on this spaceship.

โ€œTheyโ€™re calling everyone.โ€ Green said. โ€œIโ€™ll see you in there?โ€

โ€œYes.โ€ I smiled. โ€œSee you in there.โ€

And Green walked towards the task stand.

After my name was called, I walked to the task stand. They handed me my task sheet, but before I went, they whispered in my ear, โ€œImpostor.โ€

I acted like I hadnโ€™t heard it. Like it hadnโ€™t happened. Because that's what you do when youโ€™re the killer.

Red

I accepted my task sheet and decided to explore a bit.

Exploring dark rooms is what gets you killed, Red.ย 

My mother had told me this before I had boarded this ship.

A motherโ€™s advice is often wise.

But it is also often ignored.

I walked around, taking in the sights. I saw Blue, Yellow, and Cyan. They were all doing their tasks.

But I saw Blue detach from the rest and use a vent.

I watched as the edges of her hair disappear, and she would undoubtedly appear somewhere on the other side of the ship.

But why was she using the vent?

Everyone knew that using the vent to get around marked you as fishy.

I had to investigate.

So I opened the vent and followed her.

Green

As Blue walked away, I saw her hair swing. I noticed that weird hat she always wore.

But she seemed different.

I saw her walk away with Yellow and Cyan, where they turned a corner, nonchalantly chatting about something.

I fell into formation behind a wall and followed her.

I kept my distance, but I also made sure my eyes were on her. She seemed to be carrying some sort of burden, except not for her tasks; she seemed to be carrying a heavy burden in her heart.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Red walking stealthily. I didnโ€™t think he saw me, but then again, I couldnโ€™t be sure.

We both watched Blue detach from the group with Yellow and Cyan. She walked casually towards a vent, then jumped in.

Something was definitely fishy here.

Then Red looked around cautiously. He made a glance at the vent, and quick as a flash, he jumped in.

You could abandon this now, Green, and go do your tasks.

Or you could get killed. Red is probably the impostor.

I tried to keep that thought in my head and ignore what my gut was telling me.

Perhaps Blue is the impostor.

Blue

I wanted to mentally slap myself. Uhg! Everyone knows it's super shady to use vents.

After I emerged from the other side of the vent, I thought I heard something slamming shut.

I turned, bracing myself, but there was nothing there.

I continued on.

I came into a room, and it only had Purple in it.

I looked around and spotted a camera, but hoped no one was watching it. It would take too much time to disable it.

I walked up behind Purple.

โ€œIโ€™m sorry.โ€ I said to her.

โ€œBlue! Wha-โ€ She said in surprise.

That was the last thing she ever said.

I took a deep breath, and then ran out of the room.ย 

I found the first person I could, Cyan.

โ€œHelp! In the- in the- I donโ€™t know what the room itโ€™s called. But Purple! Sheโ€™sโ€ฆโ€

Cyanโ€™s face fell. โ€œOh no. Which way?โ€

I pointed.

He went, and he came back a moment later.

โ€œEmergency meeting!โ€ He declared.

The emergency meeting went like this.

Me: Sheโ€™s...gone.

Green: *Reaches over and pats my shoulder*

Red: I...I just donโ€™t think it's a coincidence that I saw Blue disappear into a vent, and then a few minutes after that Purple was killed. Iโ€™m sorry, but that doesnโ€™t sit right with me.

Yellow, Orange, Black, White: *murmurs to themselves and nods slightly*

Me: You're proposing that I killed Purple?

Red: I meanโ€ฆ

Green: Red, I donโ€™t see how...I mean, I see your logic. But Blue? Seeing as you were the first one to throw out accusations, maybe you are the impostor. You did try to follow her down that vent, but when I walked over, your suit had gotten caught! Did you plan to end her and leave her to rot in the vent?

Red: What? No! I just thought that using the vent was suspicious.

Me: YOU were using the vent! Is it illegal to have to do something somewhere else and want to get there quickly?

Green: Okay, letโ€™s calm down and go vote.

I voted for Red. Because I was angry at him.

When Black announced the votes, I was shocked.

Red

They voted me off!

Not Blue, who I know for a fact was the impostor, but me!

Me!

โ€œBut, but, but,โ€ I spluttered like an idiot.

โ€œNo buts,โ€ said Black. โ€œIโ€™m sorry, Red, but you have to go. At least youโ€™ll have Purpleโ€™s ghost to talk to?โ€

โ€œI-โ€

โ€œPush him off.โ€ Black said and turned her back.

And Orange and White advanced, and I suffocated in space.

Green

I looked over at Blue after they pushed Red off the ship.

I could tell that even though she had probably voted for Red, she hadnโ€™t realized that he would actually get killed.

I had voted for Red too, because I couldnโ€™t sit with the fact that Blue would be a killer.

Even though I knew Red couldnโ€™t have been.

Blue

IgothimkilledIgothimkilledIgothimkilled

I got him killed.

I hadnโ€™t expected for him to actually get killed. If anything I thought I was dead meat. I voted out of rage.

But now Red is gone.

He is probably a ghost, so he will know he was right after talking to Purpleโ€™s ghost.

It's a good thing he canโ€™t say anything.

Green

Everything has basically gone back to normal since Red was exiled.

Two nights have passed without incident, but we all sleep with one eye open as the task-makers told us we did not kill the impostor that killed Purple.

We all watch our backs.

We all do our tasks.

We travel in groups.

One day, Blue and I were teaming up for our tasks. We found that we tended to get more done as a team.

She turned to me and said, โ€œHey.โ€

โ€œHey?โ€ I said, confused.

โ€œIโ€™m sorry.โ€

โ€œWhy?โ€

โ€œBecause you believed in me, and I proved you wrong. You didnโ€™t want me to be the monster, but it was inevitable. I couldnโ€™t not be that person. Maybe that instinct is in everyone, and certain things just bring it out.โ€

โ€œBee, what are you saying?โ€

โ€œYou trusted me. You saved me. But I couldnโ€™t save you.โ€

โ€œBee-โ€

โ€œJust donโ€™t. Iโ€™m sorry, Green. I just wanted you to know that I love you. I always have.โ€

โ€œBee. I love you too.โ€ย 

โ€œAnd that just makes this so much harder. Iโ€™m sorry for being the monster.โ€ Tears welled in her eyes. โ€œGoodbye, Green.โ€

And she pulled a knife out from under her suit, and she stabbed me.

Tears spilled down her face. โ€œIโ€™m sorry.โ€

And the world faded to a black, not unlike the night sky.

January 19, 2021 23:28

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

56 comments

Coco Longstaff
12:36 Jan 22, 2021

Haha so funny What a cute funny story! Nice jobb

Reply

Show 1 reply
15:18 Jan 21, 2021

hihihi it's Jennie... you wanna be a fruit?

Reply

15:28 Jan 21, 2021

were you originally a fruit...?

Reply

Show 1 reply
22:44 Jan 22, 2021

hiiiii part 6 is outtttttttttt of the war of elements! Can you check it out pls?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply

Notes: 1) I noticed the lack of among us stories on reedsy. you're welcome. 2) i'm not going to make a part 2 for this. that is the ending. 3) what did you guys think? i'll probably never write another story like this, as it was REALLY hard...and...yeah, thats it. I've run of writing juice.

Reply

Show 0 replies
20:10 Mar 22, 2021

๐Ÿงƒ

Reply

Show 0 replies
20:10 Mar 22, 2021

๐Ÿงƒ

Reply

Show 0 replies
20:10 Mar 22, 2021

๐Ÿงƒ

Reply

Show 0 replies
Maddy Writes
03:12 Mar 15, 2021

๐Ÿงƒ

Reply

Show 0 replies
Moon Lion
23:11 Jan 21, 2021

HAHA I love thissss! I love Among Us firstly, but also, this is such a wicked idea for a story! Kudos for making this a reality! I love how you continue to incorporate actual among us imagery and motifs :)

Reply

Show 1 reply

Can i be in it- oh frick i was gonna ask you: You wanna be in my story too? Fill this out: Hair: Eyes: Clothes: Personaltiy: Color:

Reply

yes, totally! Hair: brownish blonde Eyes: green Clothes: orange tee shirt, jeans, high tops Personaltiy: nice, activist, artsy Color: silver

Reply

heres my character form: Superhero's secret identity (can be real or made up): Superhero name: powers: what their uniform looks like: where they are from: their personality: any other notes:

Reply

WOWOWOWOWWW okie Secret identity: Celeste Majikku Kocho (IT LONG REEEEEE) Name: Demon Queen (YOU CAN CRINGE) power: hehe demon powers (flight, healing, sword imbued with magic hahahaha) their uniform: Demonslayer shirt under a purple cape from: DEMONSLAYER UNIVERSE!!!!!!!! personality: smart, funny, SAYS TOO MUCH DEMONSLAYER notes: has a fire brother XD THANKSSSSSSS

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
15:45 Jan 21, 2021

I think you could have taken out the fact that blue was an imposter.... like don't tell the readers until the very end and don't reveal anything except for their feelings. Overall this was written so skillfully! I loved it (and I love among us) hehee.

Reply

Show 1 reply

This story was amazing! Normally Among Us stories bore me, but this one had me hooked! The betrayal at the end was so shocking! Gj! :D

Reply

Show 1 reply
Maya -
16:50 Jan 20, 2021

Iโ€™m doing a science-fiction themed reedsy-cast story and I would like to put you in it if you want. If you want to be in the story, there are just a few questions that I need you to answer. Questions: Alienโ€™s Name (either your name or it could be different): Alienโ€™s size: Alienโ€™s color (can be any color or combination of colors): Alienโ€™s special features (horns, tail, wings, tentacles, fur, scales, fins, etc.): Any other details about their physical appearance: Personality: Alienโ€™s Planet of Origin (can be real or fictional): Any special ab...

Reply

Oh my gosh totally! Alienโ€™s Name (either your name or it could be different): Carolina Shaw Alienโ€™s size: 5 feet 4 inches Alienโ€™s color (can be any color or combination of colors): Silver Alienโ€™s special features (horns, tail, wings, tentacles, fur, scales, fins, etc.): Wings, like Cupid-y wings Any other details about their physical appearance: has glasses and bad eyesight Personality: Energetic, Outgoing, artsy, Vegetarian, Nerdy Alienโ€™s Planet of Origin (can be real or fictional): Titan Any special abilities it has: Can move things with i...

Reply

Maya -
17:06 Jan 20, 2021

Thanks so much!!! :DDD Btw would you like to play skribble (the online pictionary game) at 2:30 EST with other people from Reedsy?

Reply

I would love to, but unfortunatley my computer can't get skribble on it because i need better internet :/

Reply

Maya -
17:11 Jan 20, 2021

Oh, okay, sorry :/

Reply

would you like to be in my reedsycast superhero story? if so, please fill this out: Superhero's secret identity (can be real or made up): Superhero name: powers: what their uniform looks like: where they are from: their personality: any other notes: thanks!

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

omgomgomgomgilovethis you made a simple among us game sounds so INTERESTING XD the ending was perFECTO, great job! I also liked how you spinned through perspectives because I haven't seen that before in among us stories I LOVE THIS! :D ~ Amethyst

Reply

Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.