1 comment

Fantasy Science Fiction Funny

Baal Abraxah was an Arkhonh; an Ethereal Being born into the glorious zone of Typhareth. He wasn’t always the supreme monarch on Karataz (his home planet) but he did distinguish himself as a sagacious sorcerer from an early age. The nickname Brax followed him well into adulthood, although it originated during those early days.

In any event, Brax rapidly ascended the ranks of the Arkhonz without missing a step. For instance, there was once a competition across the Megalocosmos to determine if the innumerable planets inhabited by the Arkhonh Alliance could somehow be brought into synchronous orbit.

The Arkhonh Angrah — tried to align those various worlds by beating on his drum set — but it was to no avail. Whereas the Arkhonh Azhtaroth attempted to lull them into unison using an enchanted flute, like our own planet’s Pied Piper. Except unlike the Earthly flautist, that Arkhonh failed miserably.

Another Arkhonh — Beryth — bowed the strings on her violoncello in an admirable effort only to be disappointed when this too proved ineffective. Next up, Molokh played the keys on a pipe organ with great enthusiasm, and therefore begot himself a crushing disappointment. Fifth in line came Yarykh, whom plucked at a lute, running the gamut of many exotic scales. Yet he was frustrated as well with his lack of success.

The penultimate player was named Zhamazh, and she fashioned an atmospheric melody through her profound tuba’s tuning. But guess what? Yes that’s right, she faltered, passing out from shortness of breath.

Finally, it was Brax’s turn. Unlike the others though, he’d done his homework. Long ago Brax had sent out scouting probes to these myriad globes in the world systems of the Arkhonh Alliance. Becoming knowledgeable of their composition, he devised finely tuned strands. Brax sent his scouts back to wrap a single Ethereal thread around each of those planetary orbs. He then strung together a grandiose cosmic harp with corresponding cords, which he now took to the central stage on his home world Karataz.

The very instant that Baal Abraxah started strumming the music of the spheres on his cosmic harp — said spherical masses began to spin in sync with one another! Nevertheless, they would require a sustained symphony for their new orbits to become completely affixed. However, Brax had an other trick up his sleeve… Since he had heretofore practised the transcendental Octave incessantly, it allowed him to harness and transform the six instruments of his fellow Arkhonz.

Angrah’s drums became an electronic drum kit decked out with digital sound effects. Azhtaroth went from fluting a false tune to humming happily on a harmonica! Beryth traded her cello for a bass guitar and laid down a groovy line. Molokh transitioned from an austere pipe organ to pressing keys on something more akin to a Moog synthesizer. Yarykh’s archaic lute was transformed into a kind of flying V, and his fingers shedded power chords on its fret board. Meanwhile Zhamazh’s tuba twisted itself into a jazzy saxophone that shrieked notes of pure elation!

Brax continued harping, simultaneously acting as this orchestra’s conductor. They played uninterruptedly through several movements; beginning with a brisk sonata before slowing into an almost lyrical segue then going on to perform a minuet / trio / minuet — and culminating at last in a resoundingly triumphant finale!

Thus did Baal Abraxah come be known as the Alpha Arkhonh.

Much later on a separate occasion, a crisis arose when the universe’s primordial stars began cooling and subsequently dimmed. The denizens of multiple planets, including Karataz, were at a loss as to how to cope with their respective suns burning out. It was expected that they would take a whole æon before collapsing in on themselves and exploding into supernovæ, during which time all life in those solar systems would become at first unbearable but ultimately impossible.

Ingenious as always —being equal parts alchemist and scientist —the Alpha Arkhonh took charge of the situation. Brax concocted an admixture of quark gluon plasma that he distributed wherever it was needed. This high energy soup was composed mainly of beautiful, charming, strange, truthful, plus up and down quarks. Indeed, it was so zippy that when Brax infused the heart of Lucifer’s Aster (the sun of Karataz) avec cette mélange, it quickly swelled and sweltered anew. They say his star burned brightest of all; outshining the galactic core itself!

Hence Baal Abraxah earned two official titles from then on forward: King of Karataz, and Lord of Lucifer’s Aster.

Yet these we might say, were just the humble beginnings of an even more audacious career. For as powerful as Brax was, in the highest zone called Ketheroz there dwelt entities dubbed Neterz, whom oversaw evolution everywhere else. The King of Karataz could hardly help envying the privileged position held by the Neterz' figurehead: Amoun-Rah.

Amoun-Rah bore his own title: Preceptor of Neterz, because there was no other Being in the entire Megalocosmos that approximated his holy stature. Amoun taught each single Neterh – how to fulfill their purpose within the greater scheme of things. Little did he suspect that Brax was bristling with ire below in the central zone of Typhareth.

Together with the six Arkhonz mentioned earlier, Brax plotted to topple Amoun-Rah and take over the High Court of Ketheroz. He grew armies in every zone directly adjacent to Typhareth, which functioned as a major hub amidst the vast universal span of space. At the extreme zenith of his powers – the Lord of Lucifer’s Aster flexed his mettle to assert the aforesaid Octave onto everyone living far and wide across the Megalocosmos.

In fact, Brax was quite wily, since he’d actually codified that so called ‘law of seven’ with a phrase that only he and his confederate Arkhonz could pronounce:

Heptaparah-Parzhynokh!

By means of such subterfuge, they were able to trespass through spatial portals that were normally only under the control of a female Neterh named Vortexyuh.

But that dear readers, is a complete other story, already committed to a Codex by Yours Truly. Seek and ye shalt find, oh thou worthies!


February 01, 2020 02:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Obsidian Eagle
04:43 Feb 04, 2020

If you enjoyed this story, then you should definitely check out the book that it alludes to: https://reedsy.com/discovery/book/a-codex-for-gnostics-obsidian-eagle Cheers!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.