Plans - Golden Music Part 4

Submitted into Contest #76 in response to: Write a story told exclusively through dialogue.... view prompt

134 comments

Mystery Funny Suspense

~Read Him and Her and the first 3 parts of Golden Music first to understand this story better~

***

As Hades stepped into the darkness, a whirlwind of darkness enveloped him, along with a crystal clear voice, smooth as the ocean’s waters.

“Where were you Hades?”

“I’m sorry, Marie came back, and I directed them to the ghosts. She brought the one who escaped the room with her.”

“Humans aren’t allowed in the Underworld. You out of everyone should know that, Hades.”

“I know, it’s just…”

“Today we’re gonna go over the plan. Do you remember what our goal is?”

“Um...I forgot.”

“You should pay more attention, or else I will find someone else to do this job, okay?”

“Yes.”

“As I was saying, our goal is to throw off the balance of the Underworld, so they will take over the world, and you can help me be king.”

“Help you? You said I was gonna be king.”

“Wouldn’t helping me be enough? You have been under Zeus’ shadow for millennia, being second in command will be fine.”

“As you say, sir.”

“Do not call me sir.”

“Okay.”

“Have you set everything up?”

“Set what up?”

“Ugh, were you listening yesterday when I told you what to do?”

“I might have dozed off.”

“Hades, Hades, Hades.”

“Yes?”

“No, I was about to tell you what to do.”

“Oh right, go ahead.”

So what I told you yesterday was to place out the obstacles for them.”

“What obstacles?”

“Hades, you are getting on my nerves right now.”

“Sorry for getting on your nerves.”

Anyways, the first one is a big lava pit, with tall sides, and a steep drop.”

“And how are they gonna get past that?”

“We don’t want them to get past, Hades.”

“Okay. Where do I get this lava pit again?”

“Hades. You are the king of the Underworld. Just rip a lava pit from somewhere and relocate it.”

“Got it.”

“The second obstacle is a zombie army. Put them 2 kilometres east of the lava pit. Also, throw in a sign saying ‘This is the way’.”

“Didn’t you say we didn’t want them to get past the lava pit?”

“Yes, Hades.”

“So why do we need to put a second obstacle?”

“On the very slim chance they will get past the lava pit, we have to put a second one. There’s something called Expect the unexpected, Hades.”

“Yessir.”

Do not call me sir.”

“Okay.”

“The third obstacle will be th-”

“Excuse me, but how do I get these zombies?”

“I would’ve expected that the king of the Underworld would have known how to access zombies.”

“There are no zombies in the Underworld. There’s only ghosts, and not a huge abundance of them either.”

“Well then, get the ghosts and arm them.”

“How many ghosts would you like?”

“Let’s go for 100.”

“That’s probably all the ghosts in the Underworld, but okay.”

“Did you prepare the Labyrinth?”

What?”

“I will literally throw you all the way to Olympus if you don’t listen to me properly, Hades.”

“You know that I hate Olympus.”

“Yes, you know why?”

“‘Cause my brother is up there, showing the world how better he is than me.”

“Exactly. Won’t it be great to throw him off the spotlight? Won’t it be fun to be in the spotlight for once?”

“Of course. Yes.”

“Won’t being second be great? Haven’t you been last all this time?”

“Yes, I guess being second will be fine.”

“Okay, so let me go over our plan.”

“Yes.”

“So, they will go through the obstacles. If they survive that, then we will transport them to the Labyrinth, and see if they survive that.”

“How do you have access to the Labyrinth?”

“Hades, I have access to many things. Of which includes your life.”

“I’m one of the Big Three, you can’t control my life.”

“Hades, I can do things that people couldn’t do before. Now listen.”

“Fine.”

“Then, if they survive the Labyrinth, we will brainwash the gods, and make them think Miss Marie and her friend caused the earthquake.”

“What earthquake?”

“Forgive me, I forgot to tell you. You will create an earthquake that is at least a 9 on the Richter scale, assuming you know how to do that.”

“I haven’t done that since 1960, so-”

“No excuses, you should have been practicing during the past 61 years. Anyways, after that, hopefully, the gods will incinerate them and they will be gone. I can bring my army and we can push them off the throne, therefore I can become king, and take over the world.”

“What if the gods don’t believe you?”

“Ah, I forgot about that. It’s a much longer plan. Let’s hope that the gods incinerate them so we don’t have to resort here.”

“I may have a way we could, erm, help the gods get rid of Marie and her friend.”

“The legendary Hades is actually paying attention!”

“I always was. Anyways, I could find something that could mind-control the gods. Would that be okay?”

“That would be brilliant!”

“Well, thank you.”

“Do you know what they are doing right now?”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“You didn’t bug them, didn’t you.”

“Nope.”

“Are they at the arrival centre?”

“Pretty sure, yes.”

“Go over there and listen to what they’re saying.”

Shuffle shuffle 

“...How am I supposed to know what to do?”

“Well, you’re a ghost, so shouldn’t you know more about this type of stuff?”

Ugh, this has never happened before! Do you expect me to know how to deal with something that never has happened in the history of my death?”

Yes! Don’t they give you some type of training, in case anything like this happens? School’s have fire drills in case a fire happens, so…?”

“Do you need me to say this for the 10th time, I don’t know!”

“Well, it’s your job at risk, so you go figure it out!”

“Hades said you were supposed to help, but obviously you’re just standing there being a rotten pickle.”

“Is that an insult? Because if it is, I have some up my sleeve too.”

“Oh huh? 150 years in the Underworld have also taught me several .”

Hmm? Being down here in the Underworld like a forgotten burger with moldy cheese?

“Being down here is better than being up there in all that pollution like a sewer rat.”

“Which ones better, a hamburger or a rat? Rat’s are still living creatures. Burgers are full of grease and oil, with non-organically sourced ingredients.

 Oomph

“Don't you dare push me.

“Oh, I do dare, because I just did it.”

Aargh

“How did you even push me? I’m a ghost.”

“Exactly. A rotten hamburger-with -moldy-cheese ghost.”

“UGH.”

Shuffle shuffle

“It looks like they’re arguing.”

“Which means everything is going according to plan.”

“It’s almost time for my dinner.”

“Hades, sometimes I question why you are the king of the Underworld.”

“Me too.”

“Remember to set up the lava pit for them later.”

“Oh right. Should we meet at the same time tomorrow?”

“Yes.”

“Okay. Have a good night sir.”

Don’t. Call. Me. Sir.

“So what should I call you?”

“Hmm. Just call me Master.”

The darkness faded, and Hades trudged up to his room for dinner.

***

January 10, 2021 17:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

134 comments

. .
20:55 Jan 11, 2021

AMETHYST. YOU DARE CALL YOUR WRITING BAD?????? GET THOSE THOUGHTS OUT OF YOUR HEAD. THROW THEM OUT. NOW. WE DON'T HATE TURGENEV BECAUSE HE WASN'T AS GOOD AS TOLSTOY, CHEKHOV, OR DOSTOYEVSKY. WE LOVE HIM TOO. YOU ARE AN AMAZING AUTHOR AND PERSONALITY IS HALF OF THE DISTANCE TO GOOD WRITING, WHICH YOU HAVE APLENTY. YOU ARE LOVED NOT JUST FOR YOUR PERSON BUT FOR YOUR WRITING WHICH IS AMAZING. LOVE YOURSELF.

Reply

20:57 Jan 11, 2021

I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THOSE PEOPLE ARE BUT THANK YOU I doubt myself a lot, it's just ARGHHHH

Reply

. .
20:58 Jan 11, 2021

DO NOT DOUBT!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Turgenev is really famous, but Leo Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky are some of the best authors in the history of the world. Chekhov is the best short story author ever.

Reply

20:59 Jan 11, 2021

oh ok

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
21:01 Jan 11, 2021

hehehehe

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sapphire 🌼
20:57 Jan 11, 2021

YESS YOU ARE THE MOST AMAZING BFF I COULD EVER ASK FOR!!!! WOOOOOOOOOP GO AMETHYST!!!!! YOU ARE SO COOL AND YOU MAKE EVERYONE SMILE :DDD

Reply

20:59 Jan 11, 2021

:O i am taken aback

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
15:00 Jan 13, 2021

Thankss

Reply

16:11 Jan 13, 2021

hi celesteeeee could you maybe leave critique on my new story? i hate asking like this sorry 😬

Reply

16:13 Jan 13, 2021

THANK U

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ruby 💫
20:58 Jan 11, 2021

GOOD STORY very interesting. I enjoyed it very much! GOOD JOB 😘💕 - Ruby💖

Reply

21:00 Jan 11, 2021

THANK YOUUUUU :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
. .
20:57 Jan 11, 2021

YOU ARE AMAZING I GIVE YOU CUSTARD BURSTS AND LOVE THROUGH COMPOOTER

Reply

Show 0 replies
. .
20:57 Jan 11, 2021

REMEMBER THAT EVERYONE THINKS YOU ARE AN AMAZING AUTHOR AND SOME OF THE BEST AUTHORS USED TO BE REALLY HORRIBLE ONES. YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE AMAZING THAN SOME OF THE BEST SOMEDAY.

Reply

20:58 Jan 11, 2021

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh sapphire you did something didn't you will i? i doubt that. i doubt many things

Reply

. .
21:00 Jan 11, 2021

DO NOT DOUBT. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE. CUSTARD BURSTSSSSSSS.

Reply

21:01 Jan 11, 2021

UHM OK. YAY. HOPE THEY DON'T HAVE CUSTARD XD

Reply

. .
21:03 Jan 11, 2021

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ERNEST HEMINGWAY WAS HORRIBLE IN THE BEGINNING OF HIS CAREER BUT HE BECAME AMAZING. YOU'RE AMAZING IN THE BEGINNING OF YOUR CAREER SO YOU'RE GOING TO BE AMAXING.

Reply

21:03 Jan 11, 2021

THANK YOU SMMMMMMMMM

Reply

Show 1 reply
21:04 Jan 11, 2021

im writing a story and i think it's gonna be trash, do you think it'll be fine? the story seems really boring

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
20:57 Jan 11, 2021

YOU ARE LOVED. YOUR WRITING IS AMAZING.

Reply

21:00 Jan 11, 2021

uhm whut do i say AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH is it tho

Reply

. .
21:00 Jan 11, 2021

IT IS. DO NOT DOUBT. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Reply

21:02 Jan 11, 2021

listen to dis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAA8vaDfCRk (it's a song released like 2 hours ago)

Reply

. .
21:05 Jan 11, 2021

I will!!!

Reply

21:06 Jan 11, 2021

:D

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sapphire 🌼
20:56 Jan 11, 2021

CUSTARD BURSTS FOR YOUUUUU 🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨NVM THIS LOOKS MORE LIKE MALLOWMELT BUT IMAGINE THEM AS CUSTARD BURSTS 🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨🍨 Don't feel sad we're here for you :DDD

Reply

20:58 Jan 11, 2021

:O i don't like custard, but THANKS ANYWAYS

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
20:59 Jan 11, 2021

hheheeheheheheh i dont think custard bursts have custard XDDD You are amazing!!! 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Reply

21:01 Jan 11, 2021

:D i think this whole thing started in the first place was because I miss my brother :(

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
21:02 Jan 11, 2021

yeah it's okay..... He'll be back right? He'll be fine. Don't worrry! Give him a huge hug when he's back :D

Reply

21:04 Jan 11, 2021

yeah but...:(

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:33 Jan 10, 2021

okee so this is a crossover story between Him and Her and Golden Music, so I hope you like it! yet again, is the title good? if not, suggestions please :D have a sPlEndIfeRoUs day 😊 ~ Amethyst

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sapphire 🌼
23:00 Apr 10, 2021

OKay turns out I commented on all of your golden moosic parts except for part one XD what the heckkkkkkkkkkkkk

Reply

23:01 Apr 10, 2021

"moosicccccc" :D XD that's interesting XDD

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
16:07 Apr 12, 2021

yep mooosicc XDDD XD ikr

Reply

22:38 Apr 12, 2021

I'm thinking of making it into a novel~~

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
17:43 Apr 21, 2021

oOoOOoOoOh

Reply

23:45 Apr 21, 2021

I am ;)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Coco Longstaff
11:38 Jan 13, 2021

OMG this was really really good! And the title really good its also rly funny too good workk I read your bio btw I’m really happy that you have great motivation❣️

Reply

15:02 Jan 13, 2021

Thanks coco! :D thanks, i was feeling really sad, so I guess I just put it my bio so ppl would know I’m gonna post a story soon, and it’s gonna be QUITE long Like 2100 words ishh

Reply

Coco Longstaff
06:51 Jan 14, 2021

Hehe great then I’m lookin forward to itt

Reply

15:02 Jan 14, 2021

i posted itt :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Coco Longstaff
06:51 Jan 14, 2021

Hehe great then I’m lookin forward to itt

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
00:38 Jan 13, 2021

Hi Amethyst! I know we're talking on another thread right now, but I read your bio, and I'm sorry you're having to go through that. We're here by your side, and we all support you. You are an amazing author and no points should rate any reedsy author.

Reply

00:40 Jan 13, 2021

hello again thank you luna! (and everyone else that is not a downvoter) aww, thankssssss

Reply

00:40 Jan 13, 2021

<3:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
18:32 Jan 12, 2021

Are you busy right now? :)

Reply

18:38 Jan 12, 2021

uhm, not really, I'm gonna have lunch soon, and I have some school stuff to do, but what's up?

Reply

Maya -
18:39 Jan 12, 2021

I was just bored and I was wondering if you want to play Skribble (like the online pictionary game) :D

Reply

18:40 Jan 12, 2021

wait how do you play pictionary? im a noob at everything sryy

Reply

Maya -
18:41 Jan 12, 2021

It's where you draw and the other people guess what you draw. If you want to play I can probably get my brother Isaac to play and maybe some other people.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:42 Jan 12, 2021

wait maya sorry, but i have to do a Spanish assignment, make two online postcards, and read 3 chapters of our class book I just checked google glassroom lol

Reply

Maya -
18:43 Jan 12, 2021

Lol okay sorry. I feel bad for you. :/

Reply

18:56 Jan 12, 2021

oof yeah i'll probably post the story tomorrow, as you see, my work load is not small

Reply

Maya -
19:00 Jan 12, 2021

Okay! I'll read it right away when you post it, and leave critique like you said. :D

Reply

16:10 Jan 13, 2021

hi maya, i just posted my new story!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
03:02 Jan 12, 2021

YESSSSSSSS I LOVE THIS SERIESSSSSSSSSSSS IT'S SO AMAZINGGGGGGGG Nice job Ame!!!! Is this the end?? Please don't say its the end:c

Reply

03:04 Jan 12, 2021

Oh, alsooooo 🤍💖

Reply

15:00 Jan 12, 2021

YAYYYYYYY

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
15:00 Jan 12, 2021

THANK YOUUUUUU :DDDDDD nope this is NOT the end, I'm gonna have like 10 parts, bt this week I'm writing another story so yeee

Reply

15:04 Jan 12, 2021

YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!! lmk when your story that you're writing this week comes out!!!!!!

Reply

15:06 Jan 12, 2021

lmk?

Reply

15:09 Jan 12, 2021

"let me know":)

Reply

15:10 Jan 12, 2021

ohhh ok

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
TJ Squared
19:28 Apr 10, 2021

oh that makes sense I could see why you'd want me to read Her and Him (i think that's what it was called). This master dude is sounding more and more suspicious. (half of me wants to meet him again, probably my dark humor side).

Reply

19:34 Apr 10, 2021

:D yesss the Him and Her concept was actually Saph's idea XD it worked out really well~ lol yeah me too

Reply

TJ Squared
19:51 Apr 10, 2021

noice!

Reply

19:51 Apr 10, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.