Once upon a time, David and Prince who were Event organizers tried to tidy up after a party.

Submitted into Contest #93 in response to: Write your story about two characters tidying up after a party.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

Once upon a time, David and Prince who were Event organizers tried to tidy up after a party.

The party which was held on the 11th October was Prince’s mum birthday party. The party held in the evening was extraordinarily good. It was the hundredth 100th birthday of Prince’s mum, Queen Victoria.

A lot of dignitaries and the elderly attended the party. There was a lot of drumming and dancing during the party. Also, the birthday cake was cut in the presence of everyone including the birthday celebrant, Queen Victoria.

The birthday celebrant Queen Victoria was also wished a Happy birthday by every one at the party during merry making. It was during this birthday party that my mum Queen Victoria made a comment and a saying that says and I quote: “Organize a birthday party for me and not my memorial celebration.”

It was during this birthday party that my mum, Queen Victoria received gift and all sorts of presents from dignitaries and other friends. They were all happy with her because she was one of the oldest in the community with grandchildren. They also celebrated her birthday in a grand style amidst drumming and dancing and merry making.

David and Prince who were the Event organizers had to clean and tidy up after the party.

Also in some places, cleaning after the party is termed as a Commercial specialty. Others pay money for the service of a cleaner for effective clean up in order to raise some funds for themselves.

When cleaning the house after the party of Queen Victoria, both David and Prince threw away disposable cups, garbage and stinky food items before going to bed.

Later they both went to bed and then cleaning was resumed in the morning. They kept calm whilst cleaning and also they put on gloves to pick up things.

They cleaned the living room first. Also, they collected the plastic cups into the nylon bags. Other bottles and cans were picked up by both David and Prince and later placed in a recycling bin. All dishes were also taken to the kitchen. Also, by the help of the vacuum cleaner, both Prince and David cleaned and vacuum the carpet and rugs.

They then collected coins and peanut scattered on the carpet.

Also, it was observed that both David and Prince cleaned all sorts of stains when ever they came across stains on anything they removed it by the help of a stains removal.

Then after both David and Prince made sure they tackled the cleaning of the kitchen and cleaned the mess after the party. David and Prince made sure that all sorts of disposable items such as plastic plates, cups, papers and disposable cutlery were placed in a garbage bag.

In addition, both David and Prince collected dirty dishes from the living room after the party and stored them in the sink in readiness for hand washing.

David scrape off all uneaten food into the garbage bag or compost bin. He then stack the  plates and dishes in readiness for cleaning in the sink.

Prince also emptied all half-drunk drinks from glasses and cups. They stack these up waiting for their wash, either in the sink or in the dishwasher.

Also, they soak the affected plates into hot water mixed with detergent in order to soften the litter. David then packed items in the dishwasher to be washed. Also, the washroom was cleaned by David, he cleaned the toilet that was a good clean.

Prince then top up the liquid soap dispenser and cleaned the handwashing basins including the faucet taps.

Again, both Prince and David collected all bottles, cans, glasses and broken glass on pathway and lawns that people might easily walk on.

In addition, Prince also swept with the vacuum ,the hall way entrance and the back door entry areas. Also, whilst cleaning when Prince and David found people belongings especially party goers, they gathered and placed all in the lost items box and waited for the owners of the items to call in demand of their items.

Prince and David also helped in the dismantling of canopies that was mounted at the house during birthday party celebration. There was no other option but it was better for them to assist in dismantling the canopy that was erected during the birthday party celebration.

Also, both Prince and David cleaned and wiped tables after the party especially when food and drinks were scattered on the tables. The chairs were also properly cleaned up including the table. All sorts of effort were made to make sure that the entire house was tidy up after the party. The balloons were removed and put in the garbage after the entire party.

As the saying goes:” Cleanliness leads to godliness’’, Prince and David made it their duty to tidy the entire house after the party despite the fact of whether they will be paid wages or some sort of allowances. It took Prince and David about two days to tidy the entire house because they were the Event Organizers during the party.

Prince and David gathered courage to clean and tidy up the entire house by removing and carrying chairs and tables into the car. The entire house was cleaned up by sweeping the compound and then gathering the waste into a dustbin. Also other materials left on the green grass lawn was also swept together and put into a dustbin.

There was no other option but the health concern of the workers was the priority of the Event organizers. The Event organizers provided wet wipes, mop detergent for dishes, Vacuum cleaner, nylon gloves and first aid for the workers including both Prince and David.

Again, the entire house was cleaned and tidy up, all sorts of cobwebs were removed in the house. Prince also wiped the floor with mop to clean all stains on the floor after the party. David later helped in cleaning the floor with a mop to remove all sorts of stains from the floor where the party was being held.

Finally, due to incidents of COVID-19, after the party the entire house where the party was held was sprayed to stop the spread of the virus.

Also Prince and David were not cleaners as such but they were only helping in tidying up after the party , they were mainly noted as Event organizers despite the cleaning job they took part in during the party.

Lastly after the cleaning both Prince and David were both paid a sum of about thousand dollars each for work well done by the Event organizers. Prince and David invested their money and put some in their Savings account to accrue some interest.

May 11, 2021 20:00

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.