208 comments

Fantasy Romance

ADY IS BASED OFF OF A.S. GO CHECK HER OUT AT https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/a-s-915e8e/ PLEASE READ THE REST OF THE SERIES FIRST!!! ENJOY!!!!



“What happened?” Ayn rushed over to me, helping me up. There was a trickle of blood on my lower thigh, but I paid it no mind. I was back in the courtyard, but all of the members were gone. Now that I really looked at the area, it seemed to be some sort of ancient monument. You could see the enchanter runes on the pillars, the winding colorful gemstones around the floor. 


“She… Moonbyul, well…and Grammy... they betrayed me.” I choked the words out like they were the plague. Her face shone with disbelief, staring at me until she adopted a grimace. 


“How?” She looked away. I hadn’t expected her to believe me so easily, because she’d been like a daughter to Mira. Ayn held her face in her hands, her hair sprawled messily around her skull. 


“Well… she told Moonbyul to take me to them and get me captured.” Ayn cringed at that but then regained her composure. She seemed to have told herself to stay strong, to show a proud face. 


“Lariona, listen to me. You don’t have much time,” Ayn ushered me out of the room, tried to shove a cloak on top of my head. I protested until I looked down at my hands, seeing them flicker like an old flame. “Go to the Drawling Dragon. Ask for Ady.” Then she was gone.


It took me a while, wandering in the dark with nothing but the light of my flame. The town below the monument was quaint, the houses small and hut-like. I could hear the cheers of men within the Dragon, but I couldn’t see the door. When I got close enough, though, I felt the beer scent wafting into my lungs. 


“Excuse me? I’m looking for Ady.” The man at the bar had a nose ring, an emerald jutting out of the edges. His mustache looked unflattering, but I wasn’t going to tell him that. He pointed to the corner, not looking up from his seeing stone. 


The person he pointed to was a girl, which I hadn’t expected. Ady was tall, with black hair that jutted out like daggers. Her eyes were startling, one pink, one orange, but I forced myself to look into them. 


“Are you Ady? Ayn sent me.” She didn’t look up from his cup, only stared into nothingness.


What did Mother want?” A startling deep voice rang through my head. It felt strange, like a new adventure, a challenge.


“She... she wanted me to find you. Mira betrayed the SRE.” Ady’s head shot up, eyes blazing like fires in the darkness of her thick hair. 


Don’t talk like that in front of everyone! Come with me.” I was a little startled at having a girl’s voice in my head. My feet moved, rushing after her as she ran into the night. It was colder than I’d remembered. The ground beneath my feet, bare and rocky, pressed and prodded at the skin of my toes. I forced myself to continue, though, because I wanted to know where she was taking me. 


The sun was starting to rise. Purple had tinged the sky, colored it a deep shade of mauve. After we’d been walking for what seemed like hours, Ady stopped at the base of a mountain. Under her breath, though I couldn’t hear, she muttered a spell. The rock face opened beneath us, transformed into a cave with a long tunnel. The smell that came out was ghastly, like rotten eggs fed to a rotting carcass. 


“You coming?” Just like that, she was gone.

__


“So Mira’s bad.” The campfire blazed in front of me, smoke spiraling to the cave ceiling. Ady was sitting across from me, a cup of strickleberry juice in her hand. My stomach growled, but I didn’t ask for any.


“Yeah,” I replied. She didn’t sugarcoat things, it seemed.


“Mom probably wants me to help you, help you use your powers, whatever those are.” Ady had a very cynical attitude, but that didn’t bother me. I was exactly the same.


“I got the silver.” Her eyes flickered for a moment, as if out of respect, but she seemed too far above that. 


“Well, then. That changes things. We’ll start in the morning.” I laughed, reclined onto the sand. It was dry inside the cave, but at least it was warmer. When I’d sat down for the first time, I had felt like an icicle, the frost gathering in between my fingers and toes. Well, time to sleep. Wasn’t as if I’d gotten enough to skip out anyway.

__


“So… you got the silver thing.” It was a fresh morning, and we had moved our little escape outside. It was warmer now, the sun beating down on us. I hadn’t seen the countryside in so long, the rolling hills and old ruins that dotted every point on the map. 


“Do I have to repeat everything for you? Yes, I’m silver.” I pretended to be exasperated, but in reality, it was fun having banter with another person my age. It felt like I’d only talked to adults for so long.


“Yeah, get used to it,” Ady tossed a rock at me and I dodged, laughing. “Now, I want you to try and transmit yourself. Nope, no questions, just try and plop another you on the Earth. Anywhere you want.” That seemed simple enough. “Well try it!” Ady was a little pushy, but I liked a challenge.


I envisioned my bedroom at home, the bare bed, the bookshelves filled with magical tomes. The smog from the city wafted in through the hole in my wall that Mother called a “window”. I imagined myself breaking into two, sending that second half of me into my bed. I could feel the world harden around me, come into being, into truth, but it was like watching a replay. I was there, but not there. Just then, the connection broke, cascading me back into my body. It was like cold water soaking you from the inside out.


“Well, do it again,” Ady said. I groaned, fatigue taking my bones as I fell to the ground. 


“I promise that I’ll do it today, just not now. I swear.” I groaned out the words, let the creaks in my bones settle. I would never have been saying that at home, no, but that was because no challenge offered to me was hard enough. Well, I’d get it done with or without rest.


“Fine, take your diva rest.” I tossed a rock at her black hair and it hit its mark. Ady fell to the ground laughing and started pelting me back. My arms started to lift, trying to shield myself, but it turned out I didn’t need it because my body just threw itself next to her. I tossed a fist of pebbles at her, and the fight was over. It was going to be a fun hideaway.


January 02, 2021 22:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

208 comments

. .
22:55 Jan 02, 2021

This Adyona ship idea was made with much encouragement from Nainika Gupta and Mira Caplan, so here it is. Enjoy!! Hope you have found an OTP!!!

Reply

. .
17:12 Jan 03, 2021

lol

Reply

Mira Caplan
17:33 Jan 03, 2021

YEAS

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
02:18 Jan 03, 2021

YEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Reply

. .
13:38 Jan 03, 2021

:D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Nainika Gupta
01:32 Jan 04, 2021

YAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 3 replies
. .
13:35 Jan 03, 2021

OMG YAY

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Finally the next part! I'm so glad! As usual, you did a really, really good job and expressed all the emotions and stuff clearly! Yay! Love the characters so much. :)

Reply

. .
23:02 Jan 02, 2021

Awwww thanks so much!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
. .
23:02 Jan 02, 2021

Awwww thanks so much!!!!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Kate Reynolds
15:09 Jan 04, 2021

SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the ship btw Great job! :D

Reply

. .
15:09 Jan 04, 2021

:D THANKS LOVE YOUR NEW PROFILE PIC!!!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:18 Jan 04, 2021

THANK YOUUUUUUUUU AND NPPPP Btw could you help me get back to 1400 please (I'll do the same you!)

Reply

. .
15:19 Jan 04, 2021

OFC!!!!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:20 Jan 04, 2021

AHH THANKSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Reply

. .
15:20 Jan 04, 2021

Wait, you're t 2500.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
15:19 Jan 04, 2021

Wait wut?? You're at 2500... confuzzled

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:20 Jan 04, 2021

Wait what??????? It shows 2376 for me

Reply

. .
15:21 Jan 04, 2021

Well, yeah, but what are you asking for?? 140 points??

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
22:55 Jan 02, 2021

YEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

Reply

. .
22:55 Jan 02, 2021

Lol any edits?? You really liked it, you're not just saying it bc of the Adyona??

Reply

Mira Caplan
23:44 Jan 02, 2021

IT TWAS AMAXING, OBVIOUSLY. You're a better writer than me, anyway, sooooooo....yeah.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
23:44 Jan 02, 2021

IT TWAS AMAXING, OBVIOUSLY. You're a better writer than me, anyway, sooooooo....yeah.

Reply

. .
23:56 Jan 02, 2021

Lol

Reply

Mira Caplan
23:59 Jan 02, 2021

TIS VERY TRUE

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
23:59 Jan 02, 2021

TIS VERY TRUE

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
23:59 Jan 02, 2021

TIS VERY TRUE

Reply

Mira Caplan
00:46 Jan 03, 2021

Btw, YOU. MUST. TELL. HER. (I'ma just use everyone's code names. Yours is Luke Castor, her's is Raya Castor, and...uh...there's Lex, but he isn't really a character... I'LL MAKE HIM LIKE ART SO IT'S TRUE TO LIFE!!!!! I love this fandom... AND THE MALEFICE ONE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE))

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
00:46 Jan 03, 2021

Btw, YOU. MUST. TELL. HER. (I'ma just use everyone's code names. Yours is Luke Castor, her's is Raya Castor, and...uh...there's Lex, but he isn't really a character... I'LL MAKE HIM LIKE ART SO IT'S TRUE TO LIFE!!!!! I love this fandom... AND THE MALEFICE ONE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE))

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 3 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Mira Caplan
22:55 Jan 02, 2021

I, SHIP. THEM

Reply

Mira Caplan
22:55 Jan 02, 2021

WRITE MOREEEEEEEEEEEE

Reply

Mira Caplan
22:55 Jan 02, 2021

ASAP

Reply

. .
22:56 Jan 02, 2021

Lol I might do two parts in one contesttttttttttt

Reply

Mira Caplan
23:43 Jan 02, 2021

YES YOU MUST

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
23:43 Jan 02, 2021

YES YOU MUST

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
23:43 Jan 02, 2021

YES YOU MUST

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 3 replies
Mira Caplan
22:55 Jan 02, 2021

YOU AREN'T TYPING

Reply

Mira Caplan
22:56 Jan 02, 2021

I SHIP THEMMMMMMMMMMMM EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Nainika Gupta
01:36 Jan 04, 2021

LUKE!!!!!!! Ok firstly *internally screaming because ADYONA EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE* okokokokokok we're calm we're calm (we're really not but for the sake of this comment ;) Secondly, you did an awesome job continuing this story with the prompt, and made it unique, as are all the parts!!! Thirdly, a quick (small) issue - when you say "Well, guess time to sleep." I would suggest saying instead, "Time to sleep, I guess. Wasn't like I'd gotten enough....." You don't have to change it if you don't wanna, it just helps it flow a little easier!!! ...

Reply

. .
12:25 Jan 04, 2021

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! ILL CHECK YOURS OUT!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
. .
17:11 Jan 03, 2021

YASSSSS

Reply

Mira Caplan
17:34 Jan 03, 2021

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Reply

. .
17:34 Jan 03, 2021

Lol

Reply

Show 0 replies

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Reply

Mira Caplan
19:57 Jan 03, 2021

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'VE BEEN WAITING SO LONG

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
A. S.
02:42 Jan 03, 2021

AHHH! Thank you so much for adding me in your story! I really really loved how you created the character... but one thing.... I’m a girl 😂. This was so awesome though! I loved it.

Reply

. .
13:37 Jan 03, 2021

OHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I SO SORRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DO YOU WANT ME TO CHANGE IT?????

Reply

Show 0 replies
. .
17:53 Jan 03, 2021

I FIXED ITTTTTTT

Reply

A. S.
18:01 Jan 03, 2021

Thank you!!!

Reply

. .
18:01 Jan 03, 2021

NO PROB!!!! I'm sorry for the misunderstanding!!!

Reply

A. S.
18:18 Jan 03, 2021

It’s totally fine!!! 😂

Reply

. .
18:20 Jan 03, 2021

:D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Riddhi Shedge
01:23 Jan 04, 2021

Hey! I found out that you were from the marshmallow group, and I wanted to ask if I could get upvoted? I was downvoted around 200 points today and it's pretty sad :( Thank you so much for your help! :D

Reply

. .
12:24 Jan 04, 2021

OFC!!!!!

Reply

Riddhi Shedge
17:05 Jan 04, 2021

Thank you so so much :)

Reply

. .
17:07 Jan 04, 2021

No problem Riddhi!!

Reply

Mira Caplan
18:01 Jan 04, 2021

I AM ON MY WAY

Reply

. .
18:04 Jan 04, 2021

YAY

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
19:58 Jan 03, 2021

Can I be a Marshmallow? I'm an avid upvoter, but I'm not part of a group.

Reply

. .
20:26 Jan 03, 2021

Ofc!!!

Reply

00:15 Jan 04, 2021

:)

Reply

. .
00:16 Jan 04, 2021

Just post IMMA MARSHMALLOW in the Mallow thread on Marshmallow Pride and put IMMA MARSHMALLOW in your bio.

Reply

00:19 Jan 04, 2021

Ok!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sunny 🌼
21:22 Jan 07, 2021

Wait this is a ship? (yesssssssss). Well, I'm now officially caught up on the Malefice series, and I gotta say it's really amazing. The magic system, world-building, and characters are all super well done.

Reply

. .
21:27 Jan 07, 2021

Yes it is!!!! Thanks so much!!

Reply

Sunny 🌼
21:33 Jan 07, 2021

yay another lesbian ship to enjoy!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sunny 🌼
21:33 Jan 07, 2021

yay another lesbian ship to enjoy!

Reply

. .
22:32 Jan 07, 2021

:D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
22:54 Jan 03, 2021

LUKE I GOT THUNDERHEAD

Reply

. .
23:01 Jan 03, 2021

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Reply

Mira Caplan
23:15 Jan 03, 2021

I'm finishing Saving Fable firstttt, but it looks AMAXINGGGGGGG

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
23:15 Jan 03, 2021

I'm finishing Saving Fable firstttt, but it looks AMAXINGGGGGGG

Reply

. .
23:16 Jan 03, 2021

IT ISSSSSSSSS

Reply

Mira Caplan
23:33 Jan 03, 2021

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK THE COVERRR

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
23:33 Jan 03, 2021

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK THE COVERRR

Reply

. .
23:34 Jan 03, 2021

I KNOWWWWWWWW

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply

I WANNA BE IN THIS So there is Silver, and?

Reply

. .
20:26 Jan 03, 2021

check pt. 3!!!!

Reply

. .
20:51 Jan 03, 2021

K

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply

Alright! CAN I BE IN IT THO

Reply

. .
20:51 Jan 03, 2021

YES

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Maya -
00:38 Jan 03, 2021

This is AMAZING!!! The characters were so well described! Great job!!! :D

Reply

. .
13:35 Jan 03, 2021

THANK YOUUUUUU!!!!

Reply

Maya -
13:37 Jan 03, 2021

Np :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
18:34 Jan 03, 2021

WaIt- YOU CHANGED ADY!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS LARIONA LASBIAN, BI, PAN, OR WHAT??????????????????????????

Reply

. .
18:35 Jan 03, 2021

IN HER WORLD THERE ARE NO DISTINGUISHMENTS.

Reply

Mira Caplan
18:36 Jan 03, 2021

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.............???????

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
18:36 Jan 03, 2021

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.............???????

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
18:36 Jan 03, 2021

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.............???????

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 3 replies
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
17:33 Jan 03, 2021

OMG LUKE I HAVE A PLOT FOR THE ARENA EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK IT'S SOOOOOOOO ORIGINAL I LARB ITTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Reply

. .
17:34 Jan 03, 2021

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TELLL

Reply

Mira Caplan
17:35 Jan 03, 2021

Ok...this is like a major spoiler, but not really. I typed it up on NaNoWriMo. -Eriene leaves the nobles/royals party, then does...something (meets with the queen? TALKS TO THERIN?), then everyone meets the dragons at dusk, then is sent back to their wing. The night is restless for her again, with dreams full of dark figures, screams, and fire. The next morning, they wake up before dawn, prepare for the arena, and are brought out with the dragons. (Everyone is sent to a different part of it. The tundra, desert, rainforest/forest, the lar...

Reply

. .
17:36 Jan 03, 2021

YAS I LOVE THATTTTTTTTTTTTT

Reply

Mira Caplan
17:37 Jan 03, 2021

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! The hard part's just starting it and getting away form the noble's party.............. BUT IS IT TOO MUCH LIKE THG????? (I tried to make it kinda original with the different locations and magic object thingies and dragons and stuff....)

Reply

. .
17:38 Jan 03, 2021

WELL START IT!!!! NO IT ISN'T!!!! THEY SHOULD BE ANCIENT ARTIFACTS

Reply

Show 1 reply
. .
17:45 Jan 03, 2021

ALSO IMMA 6000 PERSON!!!!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.