Book 1: Elementals Parts 1 & 2

Submitted into Contest #105 in response to: Write a story from the point of view of three different characters.... view prompt

0 comments

Drama Fantasy Adventure

----------Zmey's POV----------

I watched as she went through her home, frantically, knowing that it wouldn't be long before she was unconscious. I was beyond pleased that she'd finally be brought to my majestic home. I saw the way my body-guard looked at her. It didn't please me, but any hot-blooded man would be stupid not to think her desirable and gorgeous. As long as he didn't act on it, he would live.

----------Alisdelisgi's POV----------

"Mama, Mama, where are you?" This was my frantic call as I, Alisdelisgi Livingstone, called for my forty-five year old mother, Osdv Livingstone. Going through the house, I searched all the rooms in hopes of finding either her or a clue leading to her. Door after door slammed open and room after room turned up empty. Suddenly, I heard footsteps pounding up the stairs behind me, but when I turned around, I saw nobody and continued my search. After searching the twenty-five room house top to bottom, I found nothing. Exhausted, I called the cops, unsure of what else to do.

About thirty minutes later, sirens wailed down the street and two cars pulled into the driveway. Before they could come in the door, somebody came up behind me and put a clorophormed rag over my mouth and nose, rendering me unconscious.

About seven days later, I woke up chained to a bed post by my right ankle and extremely hungry. Frantically, I pulled at the chains until I gave out from pain and exhaustion. Taking in my surroundings for the first time since waking, I noticed I was in a sturdily built log house with sparse furniture. By the door was a coat rack. Off to the right of the bed was a table with a water jug and some fruit. At the wall opposite the bed was a clothes rack with some expensive looking clothes.

Trying to fight exhaustion and hunger, I read the note I found on the table.

"You don't know me, but soon you will whether you want to or not. Escape is futile for the place is heavily guarded. Besides, you aren't going to find your way out anytime soon."

Assessing my situation, I realized I would have to do my darnest to go along with this until I found some way out. I also knew that wouldn't really happen without me screwing it up somehow.

The doorknob rattled and I tried to shrink into the shadows, my earlier resolve fading as fear gripped my being. Stepping into the room was a stunningly handsome man with steely brown eyes, blonde hair, and a tall muscular build dressed in a black flannel and faded blue Levis. He had on a leather belt, a Stetson cowboy hat, and spurred boots. He tipped his hat towards me, then stepped to the right. If that was my kidnapper, I thought that maybe, just maybe, I could live with him. My luck, however, proved him not to be such.

Behind him entered a lavishly dressed, short, blue-eyed brunette. Laughing, the shorter guy looked down at me. "Finally woke up after seven days, Sleeping Beauty. I also noticed you decided to quit being a savage and give in to the inevitable. By the way, the food isn't poisoned, so you can eat it. You've been fed broths all week, so eat up." he said in a soft mocking tone. His face would've been pretty if it hadn't of been marred with a scar diagonally crossing. I could only imagine what had happened. I kind of felt sorry for him, until my logic took back over.

Stepping forward, he inclined his head and said, "You may call me Zmey. You are Alisdelisgi Livingstone, I presume?"

Trying to control my fear so it didn't show in my voice, I spat vehemently in his direction. "You don't know me and never will, so don't even try to be a sweet talking jerk when you kidnapped me in my own home! Where in the world am I? What did you do to my mother?!" Trying to lunge at him, I fell forward because of the chain.

Shaking his head, he replied, "Such a raging buri you are, Lass. You're location is of no use to you as you shan't be leaving any time soon. Your mother is safe and sound with your twin sister, Adagatiya. I wouldn't hurt her or you in any way, so rest easy, Lass." For the first time, the tall, silent guy looked at me. His steely brown eyes softened as he looked me over. His facial expression seemed to speak volumes and say things he couldn't. I could see the pain and sorrow radiating in his eyes before he looked away and his expression went back to neutral. Addressing the silent man, he said,

"Triston, unlock her chain so she can examine the clothes." Nodding, he did so but remained close by me so I wouldn't attack.

After rubbing my ankle for a few minutes, I slowly made my way over the the rack, keeping my surroundings in check. Shyly, I looked at Zmey and inquired if he had any clothing more comfortable, such as jeans and flannels. Upon asking, I received a pleased look from Triston and an extremely disapproving glare from Zmey. "If you're not satisfied with those dresses, then you will have no choice but to wear what you've got on until you decide otherwise." With that, he turned on his heel and stormed off, slamming the door behind him.

Begrudgingly, I began looking through the dresses, hoping for at least one sundress. Finally, I found a blue denim dress, a pine green cotton dress, and a light red silk dress. Motioning for Triston to leave the place, I tried them on and found they were the right size and surprisingly comfortable and light. Behind the rack were a ton of shoes (who needs that many shoes?) and I picked out a pair of black cowboy boots and white heeled boots. Throwing open the door, I found Triston standing outside, almost as if he were waiting to take me somewhere.

Nodding approvingly at me, he told me I was going to dine with Zmey. By the look on his face, he didn't like the idea of me dining with anybody, much less Zmey. Grudgingly, I obliged, taking his arm. The green cotton dress look well with the black cowboy boots, but when I arrived, Zmey ordered me back to the cabin to put on the white boots, which really really made me mad because I didn't dress up for him, but me.

I gave him a piece of my mind. "I don't know who the flip you think you are, Zmey, but I sure the hay didn't dress for you. Jeepees creepers!I should at least be able to dress to my damn comfort since you have me here against my dagawn will! Because of that, I should be able to dress however/do whatever the flip I wanna! I won't stand for any less, got it?" I went to storm out, only to be knocked unconscious from behind.

---------- Triston's POV----------

"I can't stay here any longer! I've gotta find Mama! Surely she must be worried sick about me! I must go," she sobbed, begging Zmey to let her go. It was a last resort. After three weeks, she hadn't been able to find a way out yet. She had no idea what was happening outside the grounds. Alisdelisgi confided in me how she missed her mother, and how she missed her job at the Freedom Country Cafe and how they've probably reported her missing by now since she's never missed a day since she started four years ago.

Truth be told, she didn't think Zmey was as bad as he first seemed. Other than the one time he hit her, and the fact he wouldn't let her go, she thought he was a pretty decent, well to do man. If only she knew the half of what he'd done since he hired me. I can't tell her, or maybe it is just that I won't. If she knew, well, she'd be appalled and  and mortified, possibly even disgusted with him.

"I can't do that. If I come back, it ain't gonna be for you. If I come back, it'll be for somebody else here. I cannot marry you, because I don't love you. I'm twenty. You can't keep me prisoner forever. I've made this clear time and time again," she replied just as harsh, I'd not harsher than I would have expected her to.

She was frustrated with his constant pleas and proclamations of love while the one she fell in love with didn't acknowledge her. She won't tell me who the undeserving bastard is, only that she's ninety-five percent sure he doesn't love her back. When I find who it is, well, lets say he isn't going to like me too well when I give him a peice of my mind. Jealousy and anger flashed in my master's eyes just as it had so many times that day. My guess was he knew who it was among his people who'd unknowingly stolen her heart. He'd probably analyzed her every move, her every glance, every emotion on her face, and her interactions with those on his grounds.

Much to Alisdelisgi's pleasure, I managed to talk Zmey into finally letting her wear jeans, tank tops, and tee-shirts. Much to my displeasure, it came at a high price, one I wasn't sure I could handle. It was then I realized that I would do literally anything to make her happy, even if I came to harm or had to betray my master. The price was that I must serve him for life, and if I ever betrayed him, well, it wouldn't be pretty.

"You know I can't do that, Alisdelisgi, not until you agree to my terms. You must agree to come back here. You must agree to marry me, be my wife. I know you're young, only twenty, but I've loved you since I first laid eyes on you." Okay, so this was her main problem with him. She had never seen him before he kidnapped her, yet he's apparently loved her since she was fifteen and he was thirty. In the six weeks she has been here, she has fallen in love with somebody other than Zmey. To say he was furious and impatient, well, that's quite the understatement.

Furious with his lack of understanding, she stormed off to the gardens where she always went to be alone. Not realizing she wasn't alone, she made balls of ice and watched them melt. It was something I think she found soothing that she could do year round no matter where she was. "Rather impressive, Alisdelisgi. How long have you been able to do that?"

Startled, she yelped, then realizing who it was, came over to me and sat down. "Umm...not sure, actually. Mama used to laugh and say that when I was born, I had earth at my feet, water in my right hand, fire in my left, and a golden aura while a breeze rippled my little red curls. You're not gonna tell Zmey are you, Triston? It's a genetic thing in my family that passes different elemental powers throughout the family. In my case, all of them, including spirit." I could hear the pleading and fear beneath the strength she portrayed.

Smiling, I took her rough hands and looked into her blue eyes framed by her flaming red hair. "My dear Alisdelisgi, I would never tell him. You need not worry, your secrets are safe with me, Darlin." Withdrawing my hands, I made a breeze ripple through her red curls. Turning back to her, I smiled, then laughed as she looked at me amazed. "Well, you didn't think you were the only family who had the powers, did you? If Zmey found out, he'd have a legit witch-hunt or he'd find a way to make money off of us, or maybe both."

"Well, no, I just didn't think you did. Your aura doesn't have the normal color of element users." After several minutes of focusing, she let out an audible gasp. "Your aura, it's like, I don't know, it's hard to describe. It's really dark streaked with white, gold, and blue. Wait, gold...By the Goddess Triston, you're a spirit user?!" Laughing, I nodded. "To be fair, Madam, it runs in several, not many, but several bloodlines throughout the elementals. I wondered how long it would take for you to find out. My aura is black because I use spirit more than I should, and the darkness is a side affect from it." With that, I scooped her up and carried her to the cabin.

----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: The first paragraph was never intended to be a part of this story, but was added to fulfill the prompt. The second two parts are two chapters from my story on Wattpad. Full story link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/206603131-elementals

My WattPad profile: https://www.wattpad.com/user/RoseOfVenus_03

August 03, 2021 20:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.