11 comments

Christmas Funny Happy

In the morning somebody knock on the door, a person gave a packet to Alicia and laughed and said please see the footage. It is hilarious.

                                                         *

‘I am mad at her’.

‘I will run away from her’.

Eddie said to Alicia.

‘Don’t be panic I am also facing the same circumstances.’ Alicia tried to compose him.

They are sitting in the balcony and talking about how sad Eddie was.

‘Whenever I ask her, her answer is always ‘No’ a big ‘No’.’

‘But she loves you.’

‘I don’t believe.’ And Eddie started crying.

‘Hey Eddie stop crying and do not worry. I am always with. We are buddies your best friend Alicia will not leave you in any condition even if you will demand me to leave.’ Alicia giggled and her infectious smile gave a grin on Eddie’s face.

‘I did this because I had a deep craving for it.’ Eddie sobbed and feared.

‘But I think you should tell her the truth.’

‘No, never did you see her eyes? She will kill me.’

‘Eddie she already knows it. She only needs you to confess.’

‘Really?’

                                               *

Ok so this is the present let us explore the history.

Eddie is the only child of his parents and only grandson of his grandparent. He is blessed to born in a loving family. He says his grand mother is his best friend that is why he calls her by her name because in friendship people address each other by name.

Alicia is his partner when everyone is out at work. She fulfils his every wish. The bonding of the family is precious.

Eddie’s passion includes Cookies, Chocolates, Cakes, Alicia, family (I wrote Alicia and family separate because she is his best friend not grandmother), playing and travelling. This order is strictly important except for ‘C’ words which can be shuffle at only first three places. You can put chocolates before cookies, or you can put cookies after chocolates or cakes, but do not you dare to put them after first three places it hurts Eddie.

In daytime other family members are busy in their offices so they take dinner together because they love to spend time with each other. After every meal Mr. Eddie wants any of the “C” sweet (Cookie, Chocolate or Cake) well I was wrong not only after meal in every hour he has a deep craving for “C” sweets but ……

‘Eddie one day one sweet either cookie, chocolate or cake.’ His mom said.

‘Alicia, see mom does not let me eat what I like, if big can eat what they like why can’t I?’ Eddie cried and complained.

‘Oo my darling your mom loves you that’s why she said so. And if she is saying ‘No’ that means it must be really bad for you’

‘I do not believe.’ He blubbered again.

Eddie is very clever he does it daily to emotionally blackmail Alicia and poor Alicia she cannot put up with his tears.

‘Do not cry. Do not cry. Here is a cookie for you filled with dark chocolate. Now smile my Boy.’

Mom

Alicia

Mom

Other three members of the family responded immediately.

They stared at her pointed their finger at her and said ‘he is getting stubborn and tricky. He knows how to get the things he wants.’

‘Few tears and Alicia will bring everything he wants.’ His grandfather said.

Alicia hugged Eddie and said he is just a kid. Let him live his childhood. She gave him a hongi. Everyone else laughed at Eddie’s naughtiness and talking about him at the dinner table.

That was two days before Christmas Alicia was at shopping. Eddie asked his mom to buy some cookies and chocolates from a bakery a stone throw away from their house. His mom said, ‘no you will have cavities, I already told you to have only a cookie in a day. But you eat them throughout the day.’

Oh poor Eddie, Alicia is not there to fulfil your tantrums. He was down in the dumps. He was looking at the bakery from the window people were eating Choco pies, cookies, pastries. His mouth started secreting more saliva. He could not stop himself. He went in the dining room and instructed everyone not to disturb him, not even for dinner because he was already feeling disturbed for ‘C’ sweets. And said I am sleeping I am angry.

His salivary glands giving him many ideas how to stop their secretion. He secretly went in the store hide himself in a corner and waiting for closing time.

‘Yippie bakery is closed now I can eat as many sweets as I want. But guess what he is 6 years old he can not reach out to some of his favourite cookies. But he had a Clever mind!! He dragged a table stood on it and take out chocolate filled cookies, chocolate pastries, cakes…………Aahh my mouth is watering. He sat in a corner ate many cookies his hands and mouth became brown completely covered with chocolate. He was licking his hands and as night was passing, he fell asleep with those ‘C’ sweets having in his hand.

OMG he woke when sun rays hit his eyes. He started worrying mama will discover me I need to be in my room. But how door is locked how will I get out of here. He was searching for an exit and left his chocolaty fingerprints everywhere. He saw a back-side door latched from inside he opened it and run away to his house.

When he reached everyone was getting ready for office. They saw his brownish face and hands. His mother was shocked she asked what happened how many chocolates did you eat? You were supposed to be in your room when did you woke up and went out and ate chocolates. But she was in hurry getting late. So, she left for the office and asked her mother-in-law to message her what happened.

                                               *

Here bakery was opening. Owner was surprised when he saw the bakery, he was sure a theft had happened. He investigated the complete shop nothing precious was missing except the secret ingredient of his recipes, cash was at its place as it is. But every edible item was scattered on the floor. He noticed small chocolaty fingerprints everywhere. Back-door was opened. When he investigated the CCTV he laughed out loud.

Hey this is Eddie but how did he enter here.

He knocked the door and gave a packet to Alicia and laughed and said please see the footage it is hilarious.

Well, my investigation is over but something very important is missing I need it back. That is the secret ingredient of my store. He laughed again when he saw Eddie.

Alicia was puzzled. First, she cleaned Eddie’s hands and face and then sat to saw the CCTV footage. When she was watching her phone ringed;

‘Mama where is Eddie he was not home last night. His video is getting viral everywhere with a caption “Eddie eat more chocolates but give me back my secret ingredient” and people are laughing in office and showing me the video. You know he needs a lesson he did something wrong. He cannot enter anywhere privately to eat sweets. You will not pamper him anymore.’

'Ok.' Alicia replied.

Alicia: hey buddy where was you last night? I think you ate many chocolates and cakes.

Eddie was angry.

‘I am mad at her’.

‘I will run away from her’.

Eddie said to Alicia.

‘Don’t be panic I am also facing the same situation. She does not allow sweets to us also.’

Alicia tried to compose him.

They are sitting in the balcony and talking about how sad Eddie was.

‘Whenever I ask her, her answer is always ‘No’ a big ‘No’.’

‘But she loves you.’

‘I don’t believe.’ And Eddie started crying.

‘Hey Eddie stop crying and do not worry. I am always with. We are buddies your best friend Alicia will not leave you in any condition even if you will demand me to leave.’ Alicia giggled and her infectious smile gave a grin on Eddie’s face.

‘I did this because I had a deep craving for it.’ Eddie sobbed.

‘What did you do?’

‘Do not tell anyone yesterday I asked for some cookies mama said no and you were not there to help me, so I broke in the bakery and enjoyed many chocolates, cakes and cookies. My mouth is still watering, and I cannot forget that sweet smell. Alicia you should be with me those cakes and cookies were awesome. Unfortunately, I fell asleep and came back in the morning that’s why you caught me red-handed.

‘But I think you should tell her the truth.’

‘No, never did you see her eyes? She will kill me.’

‘Eddie she already knows it. She only needs you to confess.’

‘Really?’

‘Yes’

‘How does she know?’

‘I do not know. She just told me on phone.’

Wah wah wah……………… Eddie cried again.

‘Do not cry darling but tell me what you stole from there?’

‘I did not steal I just picked up something that was too yummy.’

‘What did you pick up?’

‘Three bottles of chocolate sauce there filling made me hungry. It was awesome not the regular chocolate sauce we eat at home.’

‘Go and give it back to the bakery man.’

‘No, it’s very tempting. Please do not tell mama.’

‘What happened Eddie what is tempting and what you do not want to tell mama?’ he heard her mama’s voice from back side.

‘Nothing mama.’

'Are you sure it is nothing.'

'yes mama.'

‘Then come downstairs before dinner we will watch something together.’

‘What will we watch?’

'Come and see.'

Eddie feared his mama could not utter a single word.

Everyone was sitting on the table with a serious face and they invited the bakery guy too mama turned on the tv. And as soon as video started, they find it difficult to control their laughter. And Eddie his eyes were wide open. He hid his face in Alicia’s lap and started crying. His mother came held him and said.

‘my sweetie when did you became so big, I am not annoyed but please give the chocolate sauce back and do not do it again. I am having something for you afterwards.’

‘Eddie was sad and angry he brought those three bottles first gave it back but then immediately took it back he did the same thrice and at last he grabbed the bottles and very sweetly said I can’t give it back it’s very delicious.’

Alicia said ‘Eddie to enter in someone’s property and take their belongings without their permission is wrong. You cannot take other’s stuff. You return it then we have a surprise Christmas gift for you.’

‘very sadly he returned those bottles.’

Mama has something for you.

'What? suddenly his sadness converted into a joy'

Wow!!!

I love you mama!!

I am not mad at you at all.

You are the best.

Eddie had a dozen bottles of the secret ingredient ‘the yummiest chocolate sauce and many ‘C’ sweets .’

December 08, 2020 18:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

11 comments

Hi Priyanka, super fun story! Loved the 'c' sweets idea. Great work!

Reply

Priyanka Choubey
17:25 Dec 09, 2020

Thanks Varsha!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Roger Crane
21:52 Dec 20, 2020

Priyanka, aside from the story, I love it that you said you are in "improvement mode." I think that all of us who want to be better than we are in anything (or perhaps everything) should also be...Learning another language is hard enough; writing well in it is quite an achievement. I say this having learned two foreign languages (German first and then Spanish). If you want to bask in the praise of people who write nice things, do enjoy it, but you will improve in both English and writing by getting constructive criticism. I will tell you w...

Reply

Priyanka Choubey
15:11 Mar 18, 2021

Due to Covid situation at my home I didn't notice your message :( Thank you so much !! it is really helpful sir. I like the people who correct me. I am passionate for English. I saw your profile you are a retired English teacher. Could you please guide me how can I speak more fluently with good pronunciations?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Priyanka Choubey
19:06 Sep 23, 2021

I am still waiting for your reply :) please tell me some good books which I should read.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Alex Arias
03:45 Dec 17, 2020

Nice story! I love the relationship between Eddie and Alicia!

Reply

Priyanka Choubey
16:13 Dec 17, 2020

Thank you so much :) that is something related to me. I loved my grandma very much. she was my best friend. unfortunately she passed away in 2013 . I miss her.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
The Cold Ice
18:16 Dec 09, 2020

Loved it. Keep writing.

Reply

Priyanka Choubey
10:23 Dec 10, 2020

Thanks :)

Reply

The Cold Ice
14:31 Dec 10, 2020

Welcome

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.