0 comments

Adventure Fantasy Fiction

SORRY…

I always loved reading fairy tales, sci-fic, mystery. But, here, in my village, ‘Senu’, girls are not allowed to read, write, study, do business. What girls here are allowed to do so is, entertain men (not just any men, but your husband.) to do house chores, handle kids, and teach them the manner to behave in public. And, we are allowed to wear only gowns, if we like it or not, we have to wear it, our opinions don’t matter.

You must think, how come I know to write, and read…so pause there, tell your mind cells to relax, I am giving you the answer. So, I am living with my granny and pa, granny’s mum taught her to read and write, and she passed me the same environmental traits here, she taught me to read and write, and I am not allowed to tell this to anyone, or else we will be dead.

We are very poor, but rich by heart. My dad knew about the traits I took from granny and he is very supportive, actually he is the one who buy books so I can read them, our neighbours think my dad is a book lover, but actually he is not. “OPEN THE DOOR NOW!” those guys were banging the door very rudely. “kiddo, do not move from your room, king has arrived here with his men’s!”

“but granny, what’s the issue?”

“oh, I don’t have time to explain that. Just sit here only darling, for god’s sake, do not move!”

And granny locked my bedroom, and she went out. Well, let me be quick, our king is an asshole, this is his regime, and his rules, he is a dickhead (sorry for using so many abusive words, but you will come to know the reason soon!)

I ran towards the door, and sticked my ears on it, Ah, I can hear them now.

“Return me the payment by tomorrow, or I will take your daughter with me, she will please me every day, and will work as a maid in my court.”

“Please, don’t do this, I beg you!”

“My majesty, he has an only child with him, please don’t do this, we beg you!”

“How dare you open your mouth in front of me, don’t you know the rules, women’s are not allowed to open their mouth in front of anyone, haven’t you taught anything to her!”

“I am sorry on behalf of my mother, but please don’t be this cruel with us!”

*BANG*

“Tomorrow morning I will come with my men, and if I don’t get my money back, you can repay it by your daughter, time is ticking! Hahaha”

*Sighs* told ya, he is an asshole, you will come to know how low he can fall. “Pa, Granny, open the door!” *cricks*

“what happened, I heard some noise, granny!” she was not saying anything, I ran towards the hall and found dad, injured on ground, and our dish almirah fallen on his left hand, and he was bleeding out. “PA, YOUR HANDS!” I tried with all my efforts to push the almirah side with help of my granny. “Mom, this is the time. I love you my child, you are very strong and smart like your mom, and I want you to be safe. And ill make sure to keep you safe.” And without talking and seeing me he stood up and went out. He behaved very strangely today.

Granny tugged me in her arms tightly, “granny, what’s up?”

“you have read the book, ‘Hidden Kingdom’ right?!”

“yes.”

“Do you remember, the map given in the book?”

“yes, how can I forget that!”

“kiddo, you have to run away.”

“What?! I didn’t get you, granny!”

“The situation here is worst and complicated, I will pack everything for you right now, go from the back side of village, there is forest you knew about, so just go from there, and then turn to north side and walk until you find a pond, once you get there, look in the map I am giving you, and remember one thing, do not search from your eyes, but from your heart!”

Don’t get confused guys, I myself don’t know what’s going on, let me first understand the situation then I will explain you later! After a moment, granny handed me a bag and a rope, and planted a kiss on forehead, “I have taught you everything and now its time for you to apply. I am very proud to have such a smart, kind, beautiful grand-daughter like you, I love you.”

They are serious, THEY ARE SERIOUS!!!!

*AT NIGHT*

I took the necessary thing, and wore the cloak, and ran away.

Somehow, I cross everything, and reached till pound, but I was tired too tired to walk, I could feel my leg numb. So, I went near oak tree and sat under it, and I put my head on the ground, and my hands touched the branch and after a moment I felt land shiver, I got afraid, and I took my bag, and then…AAHHH!

*CREAK* “OUCH!” *CREAK-CROOK* “AH!”

Let me explain, as soon as I hold my bag, land stopped shivering, and there was no more land, and I fell down, seems like I am in a fantasy world right now. I walked a little more and then I could hear my stomach saying, “food, food!”

I searched in bag for something, and found three dounts and water bottle in bag, “Thank god!” I unwrapped the donut and when I brought the food till my mouth, “Please give me that.” Huh, I looked here and there, and found nothing “hey I am not that small, you are the one who is too tall!” I looked down, and saw a dwarf I smiled, and gave him my hand so I can bring him up, “can I know your good name please?” I asked slowly.

“Ayla! What is your name?”

“Zella.”

“Where are you going toward? I have seen such a tall girl, after such a long time.”

“I uh, just a moment. There is map in my bag, let me see.” I put her down, and took my bag, and searched for it, and found, the map, which was folded, I unfolded it, and to my surprise, it was the map from the book, ‘Hidden Kingdome’ “Why do you look so surprised, Zella? Let me see what the map is.”

I took her in my hand, and lifted her on my shoulder, so she could see it clearly, “WHAT THE FUCK!”

“Why the fuck are you shouting in my ears.”

“Do you even what it is?”

“NO”

“you have to cross the walls, and I don’t think they will let you in.”

“why, what’s wrong in me?”

“uh, okay, see once upon a time, fairies, witches, genies, ghost, humans, animals all lived together happily, after a time it was announced the queen was pregnant and expecting twins, whole town celebrated when they came to know this. When 9 months got completed, two boys were born, kingdom got confused to make whom the next king, at that time our beloved king announced, that from both of them who will be the best chivalry will get the crown. Time passed away; both grew. Prince, Jane was very kind hearted, he loved literature, and everyone, whole kingdom loved him because of his kindness, friendliness, sweetness. And on other side, Prince James, turned out to be a living human beast, he was heartless, he didn’t love the other creature, except human, and he was not kind with human too. Time passed away, and then it was the time to make a king, people voted for Prince Jane, but Prince James had his own plan, he started the fight in the court and wished for trial, and then it was the fight between Humans VS Creatures, and Prince Jane was with creatures and we won. Prince James started erupting jealousy, he wished for a war. And it happened. Between the two prince, it was a non-stop war, then a conclusion made, Prince Jane and Creatures will take other side of country, and Prince James and humans will take other side of country, a wall was built, and then Humans were on other side of the wall and we were on other!”

“oh okay, But what about the old king and queen?”

“That stupid, asshole Prince James, poisoned the Queen as she was with Prince Jane, he didn’t even felt guilty for his actions, and people use to says James killed the king too.”

“He is our King. He made our life living hell.”

*DHIK-DHIK, DHIK-DHIK, DHIK-DHIK*

“FIND HER, SHE MUST HAVE RUN THIS WAY, JANE YOU ARE DEAD!”

“That asshole came, Ayla, hold me tightly, we have to run!”

“take your bag first!”

“we don’t have time for that!”

“AAAHH! DON’T RUN SO FAST ZELLA!”

I ran till we didn’t reach to a tunnel. “oh god, that was close!”

We walked till we reached the other side of wall, I begged and with the help of Ayla they let me in. First everyone bullied me, some hated me as I was human being, some didn’t even want to talk because of me they were have to face once again James.

I met with Prince Jane, he was literally the beautiful person I have ever seen, in his kingdom women was allowed to participated in debate, women were running business like men, they were having the freedom to what to wear and what to not, children were allowed to read and learn, even if she is a girl. I told him about the way Prince James was ruling, I could see rage in his eyes.

After a time, fight happened, and this time Prince James tried to kidnap me, but Jane got me, and he looked in James eyes in rage, “long time brother!”

“do not call me your brother James!”

“why not?”

“you lost that right on the day when you killed mom!”

“I didn’t kill her!”

“then did I kill her?”

“the poisoned I gave her, killed her!”

“You are a psycho!”

“aww..”

“Sorry, James but I couldn’t let you ruin human life’s!” and he brought the sword and killed James there itself. I cried in happiness that time, and then once again everyone lived a happy life, and the wall collapsed.

April 05, 2021 19:05

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.