42 comments

Crime Drama Fantasy

Mia was tired. After the fight with Peter, which she had easily won, thanks to Strange, who stopped Peter mid-fight, Mia let the Avengers off – with a warning.

“I want ALL the remaining Avengers tomorrow at noon, here. Or else.” Her ‘or else’ was a bit weird, since she was way too tired to speak it in the tone she wanted, but the message was conveyed and the Avengers got what she meant.

Once home, or the makeshift home that week, Mia made sure that the little girl was asleep before drifting off herself. 

On the other hand, the Avengers were collecting all the information they could about Mia. Unfortunately, it seemed as if the girl had literally come out of thin air. There were no records of her – in any country. The Avengers had to fend off themselves while fighting with a person they literally had no details of. It was not a first-timer for them, but they sure didn’t like it. 

Peter was filled with rage – at Mia, but mostly at Strange, since he had ‘almost’ got her. Thor was confused, and Strange was in a serious discussion with Wong.

“I don’t think we should mess with this girl. She means business.” Strange said. “I am having a bad feeling about her.”

“I am sorry, Strange, but she is just a girl, not Thanos. I think we should fight her off and show her who makes the rules around here.” Wong replied.

Peter scoffed and then joined, “Thank goodness SOMEONE wants to fight her and save the people. That’s what we are here for.”

Thor was silent, unlike himself. He was ‘meditating’ on it, as he told the others later. No reply yet.

It was decided, they would assemble not all, but at least those of the Avengers that fought the war with Thanos and were directly responsible for whatever ‘bad’ occurred with Mia. She had to do with just them. 

Finally, the next day, when the Avengers were face-to-face again with Mia, she was not unhappy, but she wasn’t delighted either. She was done playing games. She was going to do what she had come to this timeline for. She was going to face the Avengers. Alone.

Mia saw Peter, Stange, Thor, Hulk and Hawkeye. She was pretty sure that the other Avengers could have been there, but whatever.

She snapped her fingers and all of a sudden, the Avengers were teleported to a cell-like place. A place which Strange and Peter recognized from their recent ‘multiversal meeting’. None of them could use their powers inside those dingy cells. Mia was outside, a spectator. She had changed out of her stolen suit and was looking like your normal person – not villainous at all.

“Everybody settled in? Let’s start now, shall we?” She said in a tone that could have sent a child screaming, although none of the supers budged.

“You must be thinking that what was so important that I had to call all of the Avengers here. Well, I have just one question for you, what was so important that you guys had to go back in time and save half of humanity? Don’t say it was a ‘human’ thing to do, because honestly,” she scoffed, “none of us are humans.”

“The world needed saving.” Thor said.

“And what? An itsy-bitsy spider, an Asgardian, a doctor who can’t use his hands, and a weapon/business tycoon could save it? I don’t think so sir, you are wrong.”

“What would you do?” Strange said.

I would leave the world as it is. It was better. Yes, people were grieving, but a lot of them were thriving too. They had families. And YOU took that away from them when YOU wanted to save YOUR humiliation by killing Thanos. Seems like there were a lot of ‘YOU’s’ in the past sentence, weren’t there? Because it was all about YOU.” Mia burst down in a rage which was evident through her blood-filled eyes. 

“What can we do for you now?” Hulk, or Bruce, as he was now, said.

“YOU can fight me. Because I won’t spare any of you. Of course, I won’t hurt any of the common-folk. I am not a monster. But I won’t leave you guys. Come out here, one-by-one.”

Peter started, he was super-confident in himself. Turns out he wasn’t the only person with Spidey powers. Just like the Peter Parker he met from the other universe, Mia could launch webs – with precision – from her wrists, without anything. In two minutes flat, Peter was exhausted by dodging, ducking and running away from the girl’s webs. He was done for. With a snap, Mia sent him back to the confinement where the other Avengers were. 

Next was Thor.

He summoned the Mjolnir and the Stormbreaker. He knew he needed both of those to fight with this strange girl. It had occurred to him in his meditation the previous day. 

However, as he was about to hit her, she held out her hand, simply. His weapons left his hand and went into hers so smoothly, as if they were waiting for it to happen. It was clockwork. Without his weapons, Thor had to rely on his strength against the puny girl. But he met his match there too. This girl was invincible.

The next Avenger who came to fight the girl was Hawkeye. But Mia simply pulled out her EDITH glasses and, to Peter’s astonishment, said, “EDIYD, set a target for Hawkeye and lock it in.” 

Within seconds, there was an injection across Hawkeye’s neck and he was unconscious. 

Hulk came in from his team. Mia did the same thing she did with Hawkeye, but better. She played a recording of Natasha’s lullaby and ‘The Hulk’ was out in seconds. Easy.

Finally, it was Strange who faced Mia. She was sure he would be the most difficult one to beat, but she was ready for it. In a jiffy, she opened a portal – something only people at Kamar-Taj could do – and Strange was pushed into the Arctic. Back after a little struggle, Strange was about to send her somewhere, when she shot a web at him, blocking his vision. Whilst he recovered from that, she had wielded the Mjolnir and was ready to hit him, when someone stopped her.

Or was that her intuition?

She let go of Strange and sent him back to the confinement. 

Left with almost no energy, Mia sat down across the defeated Avengers and took a breath. She leaned on her knees and was calming herself down, when Hawkeye, who had recently regained consciousness, called out to her, “Mia, who are you? We don’t have any records of you anywhere and you certainly have defeated all of us in the blink of an eye. Are you even from Earth?”

“I am from Earth. Only, not this one. Well, this one, but not from this time. Or maybe I am? I don’t know. It’s complicated.” Mia replied.

“So how do you have so many powers?” Strange asked.

“And how can you wield MY weapons?” Thor added in.

“Well, it is because you all gave them to me.” Mia said.

“What about EDITH, how did you get its controls? And why were you calling it EDIYD?” Peter questioned, curious.

“That is because it was programmed for me too. It was made so that when I got it, EDITH would turn to EDIYD. Besides, wasn’t it for the next Iron Man? And I certainly look more like Iron Man than you, except the ‘man’ part, which I am about to change.

Everyone was confused. Mia was still leaning, and she said, “As for why you don’t have any information about me is because Mia is not my real name. And as of now, in this timeline, I am a six year old child.”

“What is your real name, girl?” Thor asked.

“My real name is Morgan Howard Stark.”

“I am Tony Stark’s daughter.”

“I am Iron Man’s daughter.”

Mia looked at the Avengers’ faces.

“I am Iron girl.”

August 27, 2022 09:47

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

42 comments

TJ Squared
03:59 Aug 31, 2022

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww that… that was really coolllll! Seriously, I haven’t watched Marvel a lot, but you explained them all so clearly (and it makes me want to watch it too). I love how you slowly introduced the characters and developed them before throwing them headlong into the main plot. the suspense throughout kept me on edge and wanting more. like, what happens next??????? super duper awesome job, DJ! a new favorite for sureeee

Reply

Dhwani Jain
08:51 Aug 31, 2022

Ooooo! Thanks a ton, Flow! There are a few illustrations for this story up on my blog. If you want, you may check them out. They are made by N(if you remember her from Skribbls) and me. Also, the comments on this story are soooooooooo precious to me. The literally make me feel that I have done something right.

Reply

TJ Squared
14:12 Aug 31, 2022

no problem :) ah okay! I’ll see what I can do. Yeah, for sure. You didn’t just do something right, you did something amazingly!!

Reply

Dhwani Jain
01:42 Sep 02, 2022

😊😊🥰❤️🥰

Reply

TJ Squared
16:57 Sep 02, 2022

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Akshaya ✨
13:10 Jul 24, 2023

Heyyyy What's upp

Reply

Dhwani Jain
10:26 Jul 27, 2023

Hii! All good, what about you?

Reply

Akshaya ✨
16:57 Aug 07, 2023

Me too!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Philia S
14:30 Jan 27, 2023

idk if you'll see this but- Happy Birthday! :D Hope you had a great day! :)

Reply

Dhwani Jain
05:20 Feb 03, 2023

Omigosh! Thank you so much, Phikia! I can't believe you remembered it! I did, thank you!

Reply

Philia S
13:10 Feb 04, 2023

:DDDD how are you?

Reply

Dhwani Jain
11:42 Feb 12, 2023

I'm good! How's you?

Reply

Philia S
15:46 Apr 15, 2023

Likewise! Were you in Claridges today? I thought I saw someone looking like you.

Reply

Dhwani Jain
13:56 Apr 23, 2023

No, I wasn't.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Nicole Of 2022
02:39 Dec 15, 2022

COME BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Reply

Dhwani Jain
17:21 Dec 16, 2022

Hey! The mail from Reedsy brought me back here. How are you? Also, who are you? I am pretty sure I know you but since I haven't been here for SOOOOOOOOOoooooo long, I haven't kept up with the changed names. And I know that you have changed your name. So sorry, but no. I don't think so I will be coming back on Reedsy at least for the next couple of months. Maybe after March 2023..... If I do come back, I'll let you know.

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
02:28 Dec 17, 2022

Lol its nikki hold on...

Reply

Dhwani Jain
16:06 Jan 20, 2023

Ok, waiting.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Philia S
13:21 Oct 30, 2022

Heyo Dhwani? Left? TvT Everything good? Me misses thee and thy stories. <3

Reply

Dhwani Jain
01:39 Oct 31, 2022

Hey Yeah, I've left. There are many reasons and if I start listing, it's gonna be a LONG message. So yeah, i left I am breaking my rule cause I saw this comment over my email. Well, I'll try to reach out, whenever I can, if I can. Ciao!

Reply

Philia S
22:51 Nov 07, 2022

I see. TvT I'll miss you a lot. T-T Reedsy won't be the same without thee. Well, I do hope you have a great life. <333 May the odds forever be in your favour. <3

Reply

Dhwani Jain
16:25 Nov 09, 2022

Thank you Philia! I hope we meet someday, after all, we live in the same city!

Reply

Philia S
10:11 Nov 10, 2022

Mhm! Not exactly but yeah loll. I went to your city today xD

Reply

Dhwani Jain
10:38 Nov 17, 2022

=D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
21:11 Oct 10, 2022

Hey! Nice Marvel story :)

Reply

Dhwani Jain
06:59 Oct 11, 2022

Thank you...

Reply

16:11 Oct 14, 2022

how are you?

Reply

Dhwani Jain
10:40 Mar 15, 2023

I'm great! I am so sorry for not replying to you earlier, maybe the comment got lost or something... How are you?

Reply

23:05 Mar 23, 2023

It's oaky, I was late, too! I'm alright. I have realized some things about myself.

Reply

Dhwani Jain
09:33 Apr 02, 2023

Ah! What is that?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Hope Linter
01:42 Oct 08, 2022

I enjoyed this romp in Marvel Land. A lot of fun - good descriptions, felt like I was watching cartoons:)

Reply

Dhwani Jain
11:42 Oct 08, 2022

Thank you so much! There are illustrations that go with it too, they are uploaded on my blog. How are you?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
04:36 Oct 29, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 0 replies
Unknown User
04:55 Sep 09, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Dhwani Jain
05:49 Sep 09, 2022

XD Thank you so much ,Skye!!!! I have literally forgotten about it too, due to all of school stuff. Here it is, BTW. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_oMmwdNTs1Qy0OWM1jv2xPdKBLkGqRkinQJYv2r7nqY/edit#heading=h.xwliwochxhed

Reply

Unknown User
19:58 Sep 09, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Dhwani Jain
14:40 Sep 20, 2022

How you doin'?

Reply

Unknown User
05:06 Oct 03, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Dhwani Jain
16:12 Oct 05, 2022

Ah! That's great news! So, you are planning on shifting to Canada for higher studies or what? TvT (I have no idea what ICAS is)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.