Princess Games

Submitted into Contest #66 in response to: Write about a contest with life or death stakes.... view prompt

1 comment

Fantasy Adventure

What would you do if you got stuck in a video game, as the best character in the game, which happens to be a princess? What would you do if said princess died? Well, I hope you're ready for this folks, cause hell, have I got a story to tell you. Our story starts when a gamer called Eliot Quint Jackson decides to play a video game called clash empire, and loves the game so much, that in a matter of two days finishes all the levels except the final one.

Oct. 5th in the small town of Oakguanda

"Hell yes! That's what you get you baboon! You actually thought you could win against me and my princess powers?" Eliot said to no one in particular. Eliot was short and skinny, with slightly pointed ears and dark brown eyes. He had tanned skin and brown wavy hair giving people the impression that he was a Latin elf. He enjoyed gaming a lot, and often in his free time you could find him playing on his Xbox. That day was no different as he sat in front of his tv with his controller as he played the game clash empire. Eliot loved playing games because when he played games it pretty much made him feel unstoppable.

"Finally. It's all come down to this. The final level of clash empire. It's time to see if all my training and hard work paid off." Eliot said as he prepared to play the final level of clash empire, and get the highest score. Eliot leaned forward in concentration on the game, as he used his princess powers to win the final level. It was as if the world decided to work against him, cause right as he was about to release the final strike, the doorbell sounded, causing him to go and open the door, leaving his controller on the sofa. If you asked Eliot what happened or how he did it, he would simply tell you he didn't know because when he returned to the saloon to restart the final level because he was so sure he had lost, it seemed as if the game had completed itself. At the time he had just shrugged it off. But if he had known what would have happened after completing the final level, he would have never touched the game in the first place. That night when he was going to bed, he felt a tingling sensation in his right arm. Again he shrugged it off, assuming that his hand had fallen asleep or something without a second glance. It was a good thing he didn't bother looking at his hand because if he had, he would've probably screamed, and woken up the whole town. If you're wondering, "What happened to his hand? Why would he scream?" Well, truth be told his hand had simply disappeared from this realm and appeared in another realm, far cooler than ours, or so he thought...


The next day when he woke up, he was sleeping in a different room, on top of a softer bed. as he looked down at his hands, he screamed. His skin was white! He immediately grabbed his face and felt his cheeks. They felt silky smooth, unlike any other thing he had ever felt before. He screamed again only louder this time, alerting the guards at the other side of his door, as they burst in, ready to attack whatever was in the room.

"Are you hurt princess? Did something attack you?" One of the guards asked. Eliot turned his gaze onto the guard and asked

"What did you call me?" Eliot gasped, as the voice that came out of his mouth sounded nothing like his voice. It was high pitched and girly, and it reminded Eliot of the wind chimes hanging in his garden. Eliot grabbed his throat and asked

"What happened to my voice?" As if on cue the room disappeared, and Eliot felt as if he was falling down. he closed his eyes, praying that it would be over already, because if there was one thing that Eliot couldn't stand was the sensation of falling down. Falling was one of his fears along with hights. He always said to anyone he met who knew about his fear this very sentence

"Laugh at me all you want but at the end of the day when you fall down a cliff or mountain and splatter on the ground while I watch from the ground, don't think I won't tell you I told you so" 

When he opened his eyes, he saw a big screen in front of him, and on the screen, he saw a masked man.

"Why hello there Eliot Quint Jackson. Welcome to the real final level of clash empire! In this level, you have become the character you chose to play, therefore the princess. You must win this game in order to survive, maybe even return to your original world. The rules of the game are simple. Rule number one: No cheating allowed therefore if you get caught cheating you shall be executed. But if you don't...Well, you're free to go.

Rule number two: always remember this is a contest. No helping out the other contestant. By helping out the other contestant you are automatically kicked out of the game, meaning you die. This is a life or death contest Eliot. Remember your life is on the line..." Eliot started falling once more, but not before he heard one last thing from the man in the mask

"I wish you luck, little one. I hope you can manage before the time is up..."

When Eliot opened his eyes again, he was back in his princess room laying on the soft bed, right back in the moment where he left off.

"Princess are you ok?" The guard asked

"Oh yes, I am great! I was just joking with you, haha" Eliot said.

"Oh princess don't scare us like that! We thought something bad happened!"

"Well princess, now that you're awake, His Majesty called and said he would like to talk to you about something whilst you dine." the second guard said. 

"Ah yes of course! I'll be out in a bit, for now, could you please exit my room so that I can change?" Eliot asked as he wondered how did the princess act in the game.

"Yes of course princess!" The guards replied and hurried to exit the room. Only once they were gone Eliot realized something.

Shist! How am I supposed to change? I'm a fricking girl! He thought. Maybe I can do it without looking? Eliot decided that was the best course of action and attempted to change with his eyes closed. Many suffering minutes later, Eliot finally managed to get changed, as he headed to get breakfast with his supposed father.

As he arrived at the dining room he sat beside his "Father" and waited for him to start the small talk and tell him what did he need.

"Well sweetie, you know that there is the evil self-proclaimed lord Greniot correct?" The king asked

"Yes father"

"Now you know that you have special powers?"

"Yes father"

"Well I was hoping that you could go and deal with this baboon before he threatens our country, our empire"

"Okay father"

"Wait so you agree? I don't want to force you into this, and of course, you won't be going alone, you will have your own personal bodyguard Grenald to accompany you"

"Yes, father I agree. When are we leaving?"

"Well you can leave tomorrow if you'd like"

"Okay, so tomorrow it is."

"Alright sweetie, all your stuff will be waiting for you in the stables along with your horse."

You might be wondering: "Why would he accept the quest when he could just stay in the comfort of the castle?" Well, the truth is from playing the game he knew that this was the first quest of the princess and one of the most important ones.

When the night came, Eliot went back to bed, but for some reason, he couldn't sleep. He kept wondering what did the man mean by "I hope you can manage before your time is up"? There is more to the picture. There has to be something I'm missing! Eliot thought, but he couldn't think what. and as the same thoughts kept circling around in his mind, he finally fell asleep. 


In another place

"I pity you little one. Trying to figure this all out but, the race has just begun" 


November 06, 2020 20:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Dude Man
05:56 Nov 10, 2020

Don't call him Grenald Floush!!!!!! Grenald is always the good guy!!!! I liked the story a lot, except for the name of the knight!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.