SCORPION'S MAMACITA

Submitted into Contest #48 in response to: Write about someone who has a superpower.... view prompt

4 comments

Fantasy Thriller Mystery

Erika Lions had blood on her hands, literally. She just executed three men and she had one more man to kill. Erika still had to kill the man who ordered his thugs to kill Erika's family. The young woman came back from the dead a few hours ago and she had to dig herself out of her own grave. Erika could hear the summer night wind breathing through the trees in the forest. 


This is where the men buried her before, amongst the tall trees in the dark woodlands. When Erika returned from the dead the second time, the men tried to kill her again and bury her in the same deep wooded area, but she came back and annihilated them before they could do anything to her. When Erika died the second time, she came back with superhuman abilities. The first ability to manifest inside of Erika after her death was invisibility. She discovered her invisible nature after one of the men she killed tried to shoot her. 


Erika pounced on the man like a wild, hungry tiger after she realized that he couldn't see her anymore after unloading his 9 millimeter pistol at her. The man died unmercifully. He felt his eyeballs being ripped out of his skull and the last thing he felt was the bones in his neck getting broken apart. The second ability that manifested in Erika had something to do with self healing. 


The young woman's skin would produce regenerative healing abilities after a bullet would strike her. Erika remembered dying a few hours ago. She coughed and grabbed for air after she emerged from the ground soaked in dirt. After returning from the dead a second time and killing the three men, Erika ran through the forest but she didn't feel out of breath like she did hours earlier when she exited her grave. Erika felt faster and stronger. 


She could feel an unearthly fire surging through her veins. Erika couldn't stop thinking about how they murdered her child and husband. Erika became so enraptured in the thoughts of her dead husband and daughter that it took her some time to realize that her feet no longer touched the ground. The third ability manifested in Erika and it had something to do with flight. Instead of running through the forest, Erika was now soaring above the trees like an eagle. The young woman had a clear view of a full moon.


 She could see the silver moonlight outlining the clouds. Before Erika was killed, she had a fear of heights. But now she has lost that fear. Taking flight toward the night sky felt natural for Erika. She kept going higher in altitude and before she knew it, she was flying at 30,000 feet beside a passenger plane. It only took Erika thirty seconds to reach 30,000 feet. The young woman flew above a passenger plane's turbine engine. She could see passengers looking out at her through the plane's windows. Erika even waved at a shocked little boy who was peering out at her through his passenger window with his little mouth gaped open. The young woman blew a kiss at the little boy before changing her direction in the sky and soaring away from the plane. Erika became one with the night sky. The woman stretched out her arms and she allowed the wind to rush over her body.


 Erika only had on her bra and underwear, which meant that she could truly feel the extreme potency of the wind kissing the tattoos on her skin. Erika was half naked because the men who killed her also raped her. The men ripped off Erika's clothes. She could only salvage her bra and her panties after the rape. After watching the men shoot her husband and five year old daughter, Erika received two bullets in her head. While soaring through the clouds, Erika touched her forehead only to discover that there were no bullet holes in her skull. 


All of the violating wounds on Erika's body vanished when she came back from the dead the second time. The bruises on her face and the bruises around her vagina were gone. Erika felt like a supercharged angel. She was a half naked supercharged angel who was flying through the midnight sky over the rooftops of houses and buildings. It didn't take Erika long to see the city below her. 


Erika was one step closer to finding her killer. She looked down at the city and she observed the cars traveling down the city streets. Erika hovered in the sky and the cars below her looked like little mechanical ants. The city lights were distant from Erika. The city lights looked like a vast field of distant stars beneath Erika's feet.


The lights still shined up in the night sky and Erika could see the city lights dancing up her legs. The young woman studied how the city lights illuminated the scorpion tattoo on her stomach. 


Erika's eyes scanned the city. She felt like a night goddess who had the world at her feet. Erika floated in the sky and her overflowing ash brown hair danced against the wind. 


Images of Erika's dead daughter and husband flashed in her mind every second like strobe lights in a nightclub. Erika wanted her husband and child back. She also wanted to kill the man who took her husband and daughter away from her. Erika didn't know that men were going to break into her home and kill her and her family. 


Erika was sitting on her sofa enjoying a movie with her husband and daughter when the men broke into her home. The young woman went from enjoying a movie with her little girl and husband to being on her knees with a gun pressed against the side of her head. 


The men raped and murdered Erika after she watched the men's boss shoot her husband and daughter. Erika remembered the name of the man who shot her family in front of her. He was the boss over the other men and his name was Jerry Valentine. Erika never forgot Jerry's face. The young woman never forgot his sharp jawline and wide neck. She never forgot his silver pencil thin goatee and his long Roman nose. Erika never forgot Jerry's dead frost gray eyes and his crooked smile. She never forgot his satin black suit and tie. Jerry's face was the last thing Erika saw before she died.


Jerry told Erika that the killing of her family involved winning a gambling bet he made with a rival mafia kingpin. Jerry smiled down at Erika before telling her that her family's death would help him win the bet against his rival and it would also give him fifty percent of his rival's narcotic investments. After thanking Erika for helping him win his bet, the gangster kneeled down and kissed Erika on her lips before ordering one of his men to shoot her.


Vengeance fueled Erika's power. When the young woman targeted the location of Jerry's mansion, she shot down from the night sky. Erika turned her curvaceous body into a missile. The enraged woman tilted her body downward and she flew down toward the city like a supersonic skydiver. 



***


Jerry's house was a fortress. A reinforced electrified steel wall and five security guard watchtowers surrounded Jerry's mansion. There were twenty cameras monitoring every corner of Jerry's house and he had heavily armed guards patrolling every square inch. 


Jerry was making love to his girlfriend when he heard distant gunshots ringing through the air outside his mansion. The gangster didn't want to hear gunshots while making love to his girlfriend. 


"What was that?" Jerry's girlfriend, Cassandra, asked through her whiny voice.


"How the hell should I know?" Jerry grumbled at his girlfriend after grabbing his gun off the living room coffee table. Jerry attempted to rise from the sofa, but his girlfriend refused to take her arms from around his neck.


Cassandra kept her arms wrapped around her boyfriend and she didn't want to lose her orgasm. The woman kept kissing on Jerry's face and she pouted when her boyfriend removed his erected manhood from her vagina.


"Wait a minute, baby! I was about to climax!" Cassandra yelled at her boyfriend after he stormed away from her with his gun clutched in his left hand.


"I heard gunfire! Did you hear gunfire!?" Jerry growled at his girlfriend while tapping his gun against the side of his naked leg. Jerry cleared his throat and he could feel his heart bamming on the inside of his bulky and hairy chest. 


"It's nothing! Maybe it was fireworks!" Cassandra exclaimed through her thick Italian accent. The woman wanted to cry out in frustration after her love making with her boyfriend disintegrated at the wrong time. Cassandra's naked body shivered a little when her boyfriend gave her a murderous stare.


"It wasn't fireworks." Jerry snarled. The gangster rolled his eyes at his girlfriend and her mousy voice started to put his nerves on edge. 


"You got your men outside protecting your house! You're being paranoid, baby!" Cassandra fussed at her boyfriend before releasing a disgusted sigh.


"I'm not being paranoid. Just keep your mouth shut, baby. Don't say anything else!" Jerry spoke to his girlfriend with a threatening rumble in his deep voice. The man clenched his bottom lip while glaring at his girlfriend. He continued to tap his gun against the side of his leg. 


Cassandra put her bra back on when she could see that her love making hour with her boyfriend was over indefinitely. The woman smacked her lips while fastening her bra and looking around the living room for her cigarettes. Cassandra froze when she heard a male voice appear over the intercom system in the living room. Jerry had an intercom system installed in his mansion for security reasons.


"Boss, I need to come in! It's an emergency!" The stressed voice of Jerry's chief bodyguard, Marco, exited from the intercom speaker.


"What the f*ck is going on out there!?" Jerry roared at his chief bodyguard through his intercom and he tried to hide the panic in his voice. 


"I can't tell you out here, Boss! I need to come in!" Marco had a raspy deep voice and some of his words were hard to make out because of his thick Cuban accent.


Jerry went near his front door. He hesitated for a minute before typing into a keypad that unlocked the door. The gangster grabbed his bodyguard by his arm and he yanked the man into his house before slamming the door behind him.


"I'm sorry, Boss. But somebody tried to break through your security detail," Marco explained before snorting and stroking his beard.


"Who the hell tried to break in? Was it one of Dino's guys?" Jerry asked intensely. He thought his rival had sent someone to kill him and his agitation caused him to squeeze Marco's arm even harder. Jerry had to look up at Marco and he kept a firm grip on the man's bulging arm.


"No, it wasn't Dino's guys. It was a woman." Marco quickly replied to his boss. The big man looked down at his boss and he watched as all the blood drained from Jerry's face.


"A woman?" Jerry's mouth fell open as he stared up at his bodyguard. "Who was the woman? Did the woman work for Dino?" Jerry grumbled out his words while in disbelief. The gangster had on no clothes and the only thing he wore was his gold chain necklace, which he kept fidgeting with. 


"Yes Boss, it was a woman. We killed her before she could tell us who she was." Marco paused when his boss gave him an infuriated stare.


"Why the f*ck would you kill her!? We need to know where the enemy is coming from so we can be ready for the next attack!" Spit flew out of Jerry's mouth as he spoke vigorously. "Which one of my guys killed her! I'm gonna kill him! Did you shoot her!?" Jerry aimed his gun up at the bodyguard waiting for a wrong answer so he could pull the trigger.


Marco put both of his hands up. "I didn't shoot her, Boss. Your guy Sergio killed her." Marco explained while trying to calm down his naked boss. "We had to kill her. She came down from the sky and her body was on fire." Marco immediately saw a haze of unbelief in his boss's eyes.


"What the hell are you talking about?" Jerry scowled up at his bodyguard. "She came down from the sky? What the f*ck are you talking about? You sound crazy?" Jerry shoved his bodyguard before turning his back on the big man. 


"Maybe she did come from the sky!" Cassandra slid into the conversation with a trickle of excitement in her mousy voice. Cassandra believed in aliens and her heart fluttered when Marco said that the woman came from the sky.


"Stay out of this, Cassandra!" Jerry pointed his gun at the woman while gritting his teeth.


"Why should I stay out of it!?" Cassandra yelled at her boyfriend and his gun. "I'm your f*cking girlfriend! I have a right to know what's going on too!" Cassandra watched as her boyfriend reluctantly lowered his gun while rolling his eyes at her. "Marco honey, you said the woman came from the sky? What did she look like?" Cassandra shot her questions at Marco. The woman jumped from the couch and she ran toward the tall bodyguard. She planned to take Marco by the hand so she could lead him back to the couch, but the woman stopped in her tracks when Marco's eyes flickered like two lit candles.


Marco smirked at Cassandra before reaching out and grabbing the woman by her wrist. The bodyguard pulled Cassandra toward him and he bent the woman's arm behind her back. After twisting Cassandra's arm behind her back, Marco pulled a knife out of his suit pocket and he jammed the knife into Cassandra's throat before she could even scream.


Cassandra fell to her knees after the bodyguard released her arm. The woman still had the knife sticking out of the side of her neck as she fell to the floor on her face.


Jerry still had his back turned and he was talking to himself, completely unaware of what was happening behind him. Jerry didn't know that his girlfriend was dead yet. The gangster kept mumbling to himself while scratching the bald spot on the top of his head. 


When Jerry finally turned around he was face to face with Erika. The young woman jammed the knife into the man's genitals before he could say anything. Jerry released a squeaky gasp when he felt the blade slice through his penis. The gangster wanted to scream but nothing came out. He dropped his gun before falling to his knees. Within a few minutes, Jerry found himself on his knees looking up at a gorgeous young black woman with fiery starlit eyes.


"This is for what you did to my daughter," Erika softly spoke down to Jerry before jamming the knife into the man's left shoulder.


Jerry cried out for the first time and the man screamed so harshly that he sounded like a woman. The gangster could do nothing but scream for mercy and he watched as Erika twisted the knife after jamming it into his shoulder. Jerry couldn't believe that he was being stabbed to death by a ghost. The man thought he was having a nightmare at first until he felt the knife in his shoulder and felt the unspeakable pain.


"This is for my husband," Erika continued to speak softly as she brought the knife down on Jerry's right shoulder. The young woman twisted the knife before removing the blade from the man's shoulder.


Jerry almost fainted from the pain and he looked up at Erika through his teary eyes. The gangster couldn't talk but you could see the pleading tears in his eyes. Jerry knew that the tears in his eyes didn't move the young woman. He could see a thirst for blood in Erika's eyes.


"This is for killing me!" Erika yelled at Jerry for the first time before driving the knife straight into the man's throat. 


Jerry gargled on his blood as he stared into Erika's eyes. He couldn't swallow his blood because the blade of the knife severed his esophagus. Jerry was choking on his blood along with the knife that was lodged in his throat. The gangster tried to hang on to the last ounce of his life and he crazily thought he could survive after Erika shoved the knife into his throat. Jerry still thought he was looking up at a ghost or maybe the angel of death. It spooked Jerry to see a woman he killed standing over him with his gun in her hand.


Erika kneeled down in front of Jerry. The woman peered into Jerry's teary eyes for a minute before leaning forward and kissing the dying man on his lips. She slowly stood back up, aiming the gun down at the man's head. Erika pulled the trigger and she forced a bullet into Jerry's skull. Erika no longer heard Jerry gurgling and choking on his own blood. The night goddess administered pain to the mafia gangster and she obliterated the man's skull with a single bullet. Erika killed all of Jerry's men and her final power gave her the ability to shape-shift. She could now transform her body into any man or woman if she chose to, including a young 23 year old man named Marco Lopez, who was Jerry's chief bodyguard.









































June 29, 2020 02:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

02:52 Jun 29, 2020

I love how intense your stories are. And who doesn’t love some sex being mixed in. Well done.

Reply

Skyler Woods
06:42 Jun 29, 2020

I know, right! I'm so delighted that you enjoyed it! 💗💗💗

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Grace M'mbone
20:34 Jul 06, 2020

Skyler this was a great story. I liked it. Erica's powers were well chosen.

Reply

Skyler Woods
21:28 Jul 06, 2020

Thank you! Like I said in my bio on my Reedsy page, my writing means nothing to me if others don't enjoy it. I'm so glad you liked it!💖💖💖

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.