14 comments

Thriller

Mr and Mrs Gold Martin were paramount figure in the society. Every party,every gathering seemed incomplete without them. Mr Gold ,like his name ,was a billionaire cum politician and Mrs Gold was daughter of a business tycoon. They were leading a prosperous life .Mr and Mrs Gold's family were considered “The Lucky Family of 2013”due to, Mr Gold's father became president of the bank and his mother appointed as Minister to Women Affairs. His Sister Became High Court Judge. Mrs Gold’s father became personal Assistant to the Governor, and  Mrs Gold's brother became President of Industries and Commerce. It was selection season of a Governor ship .Mr Gold had bright chances to became a Governor once again.The couple was busy in this tough competition. All the media was highlighting Mr and Mrs Gold. Mr Gold had been been a Governor ,some years ago and ran the state affair very successfully and the public were also their admirers.One night they were driving home after a dinner hosted by the president. It was a foggy night and Mr Gold was in a romantic mood .”Tonight you were looking very mesmerizing, I just controlled myself in public".Mr Gold,who was himself a tall,handsome and very attractive personalle ,he gave an intoxicated look to Mrs Gold .It Prattled up Mrs Gold ,and she offered her rosy cheek to Mr Gold. Mr Gold jestly near himself and kissed her cheek. “Man in the middle of the road”.Mrs Gold shrieked .Mr Gold just pressed the break but he was too late, and the car ran over a man's body. They stopped the car at the side. Man was lying in the middle of the road.another black car ,with driver ,was also parking at the road side. Sargent respectfully allowed Mr Gold to leave and arrested that man sitting in the car for drunk driving. The man was wailing wryly ”I didn’t even seen this man before, I didn’t kill him", but he was taken away by the police. Mr and Mrs Gold were watching all the scenario. Came back home ”Don’t discuss this accident with any body” Mr Gold instructed Mrs Gold. “But darling you know arrested man is innocent ,our car rolled over the man".Mrs Gold fumedly attached ."These types of accident daily takes place ,don’t take it so seriously, will see tomorrow morning ,now we shall rest".Mr Gold asserted. Mr Gold was asleep till late in the morning but Mrs Gold was completely restless. She was liltedly thinking about that arrested man.Next morning Mrs Gold went to the inquest room .That arrested man was interrogating by the official.His wife was crying severely that if he had convicted how will she coup up with five children in his absence. ”Mrs Darwin, please sit here ,I will bring a glass of water “politely said a police man.Mrs Gold was persistent near Mrs Darwin. "Mrs Darwin ,please don’t cry, I’m here to help you in this critical moment". Mrs Gold hoarded her name and declared “ Nancy" her name to Mrs Darwin.Mrs Gold started helping her with money ,clothes and with the utilities. Mr and Mrs Gold were highly perturbed, on one hand they were busy in their campaign and on the other hand Mrs Gold had to visit Mrs Darwin after every two or three days. Both husband and wife had a pin that if the media came to know about the accident their whole campaign would be demoralized and they would loose the winning seat. Both were on the edge of disaster .,”I think we should tell the truth about the accident to the police. wrong man is being arrested and wrong investigation is going on, ,I did the crime by not telling the truth to the police and the other big crime is ,I hidden the truth .”Mr Gold condemned. “But darling, our reputation and prestige would be ruined”. Expressed Mrs Gold .”What shall we do now"? Mr Gold uttered swiftly” "would go with some compensation to Mrs Darwin ”Mrs Gold suggested."Ok.Go ahead”Mr Gold permitted Mrs Gold .When stepping threshold, saw Mrs Darwin sitting very cross. She abruptly asked “Why did you hoard your name, Mrs Gold ? Mrs Gold face became abashed. Mrs Darwin….”I,,,I,I used my maid's name, in my charitable work”. Mrs Gold was not expecting this question from Mrs Darwin.” Your husband killed that man that night,and my husband is in jail the crime which your husband did ,why should my husband suffer ,why shall I and my children suffer, I would never forgive you and your husband for this cruel act".She blowed away. ”How did you know all this? ”.Shrugged Mrs Gold.” Darwin told me that he witnessed your car rolled on that man’s body that night .That man was drunk and crossing the road, He got stucked in the middle of the road and car ran over that man and been killed, I will tell to the police ”Raged Mrs Darwin. "Don’t do this Mrs Darwin, Our family reputation would be damaged and also we would loose the winning seat" Mrs Gold fretted.” I have no concern with you and your life,I cry my life” .Sobbed Mrs Darwin. "Mrs Darwin I have learnt that three years ago ,your husband was convicted for a year, if you won’t mind, I would request you for my family’s reputation if he sacrifice this time for us ,we would compensate you…How much amount do you suggest, any idea?” Mrs Gold talkingly looking to her face. “Fifty lac dollars “ Mrs Darwin uttered very leisurely…”Fifty lac dollars is a big amount,Mrs Darwin” shouted Mrs Gold. ”Not more than the reputation and your husband would be a Governor …..now it's up to you" .Mrs Darwin’s face was entirely changed.very cunning and mean person she is, thought Mrs Gold turning towards the door. “Listen, Mrs Gold ,come till ,8 o’clock,tonight otherwise at Nine O’clock watch the Breaking News”!. Mrs Gold slammed the door. Mr Gold was waiting for her.He came near to the car"What did she say”?.He swiftly asked. “Fifty lacs dollars ”Mrs Gold told very disturbedly.” "It’s’ too much,that woman is taking benefits of our weakness, I don’t care,tonight I would call the press conference for my dismissal from the Governor ship Campaign ".Announced Mr Gold sadly..”Don’t rash darling,we both go to his home and request her,she may lessen the amount ”Mrs Gold hope fully said. ”She is avaricious for money, She will not worth considering” He expressed sadly. "Please darling,we will try our level best, let’s go ".Hopefully said Mrs Gold. .They both went towards Mrs Darwin home.They opened the main door of the house. Mr Gold very swiftly switched on the recording of his Mobile set. Mr Darwin was busy talking with some body on the cell phone, “Darling, Darwin went to jail, He may be convicted for five years at least, he is of no good to me.I demanded fifty lac dollars from Mr Gold,yes,they would definitely go for it Than we will marry and fly to other state. That accident was arranged ,Darwin and me,were driving to the city, all of a sudden, a drunk man came in front of Our car ,the car hit him and he died,luckily,There were no body ,we picked him up and drove towards the high way ,it was dark and foggy, Mr And Mrs Gold were coming, we layed that man in the middle of the road,Mr Gold’s car ran on it, they thought they had killed him,He was already dead .,Hahaha".Mrs Darwin were explaining this to her amorous., while speaking she looked back ,she stunned and gagged .Both husband and wife were consistently listening to the conversation. Mrs Gold screeched. “Mrs Darwin, I was very pitifully doing all this to you and for your kids but you are very greedy and unreliable woman,now we shall go to the police and grab you to the Court with black mailing charges.” As they both turned, a pistol fired, immediately they looked back, found Mrs Darwin lying dead in pool of blood.  The End.

January 12, 2021 16:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

14 comments

Abdul Ghani
11:23 Feb 07, 2021

Accident occuerence was very real type.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Abdul Ghani
11:23 Feb 07, 2021

Accident occuerence was very real type.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Abdul Ghani
11:22 Feb 07, 2021

Mrs Darwin was indeed very cunning but Mr and Mrs Gold were simple by nature.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Abdul Ghani
11:21 Feb 07, 2021

Good filmy type story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
11:49 Feb 06, 2021

I will give you timely comments.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
11:49 Feb 06, 2021

Actually I thought you were not writing due to corona lock down but you are writing its good.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
11:47 Feb 06, 2021

Learn and write more.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
11:46 Feb 06, 2021

Your early stories had short coming but now you are improving way.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
11:45 Feb 06, 2021

Lucky family term used and described very well.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
11:43 Feb 06, 2021

She was greedy and money lover.Her way of cheating was really cunning.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
11:42 Feb 06, 2021

Mrs Darwin's was a real vamp.She is turner of the story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
11:40 Feb 06, 2021

Good subject.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
04:05 Jan 23, 2021

Thanks to reedsy for the approval of my story" The Black Mail".

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
15:32 Jan 19, 2021

Thank you reedsy for the approval of my story "The Black Mail".

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.